Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

It's literally been that way for a couple weeks now. best buy, walmart, and target are readily stocking them.

Recently the PS direct store had consoles on stock for days at a time, no invite needed.
That's a big no. In fact I can speak for Walmart since I used to work there and knew a few managers and they all told me the same thing that Walmart has put a policy in place that PS5's are not sold in any of their stores. You have to buy them online. I did see the Series S sold in store at Walmart but I have never spotted a Series X or PS5 in any of their stores.

Here is the Series X and Walmart says that it's not available for pickup at their store which probably still applies to all their stores. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?athbdg=L1100

Here is another random location and same response, not available for pickup https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?athbdg=L1100

Same here as well https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?athbdg=L1100

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a Series X at my local Walmart in the glass case of the electronics section, where they normally put consoles like the Xbox Series S.

Do you all think the external Blu-ray drive will work on the current digital PS5 consoles or just the later model?  I just don't want to bite on a current PS5 digital console and not have the option later on.

Also, do you all think it is a 50/50 chance of getting a God War PS5 bundle instead of the Modern Warfare 2 bundle from PS Direct?

This discussion is kind of pointless. I also have never seen one in a store but PS direct had disc versions available for purchase without a bundle and it was up for a couple days at least. Anyone that wanted one could have gotten it.
There is no PS Direct in Canada. It's just tougher to get stuff here than America. I imagine many other countries have the same issue. I can (and have a bit) try to have an American relative find / get one for me but that requires a lot more coordination and even if they do succeed, either having to have them ship it, or waiting until I get back there, which may be awhile. Being able to just buy it here would be so much easier.

That's why I'm curious if the scarcity is actually ending soon.

People need to remember ps4s and especially ps4 pros were not always in display cases at stores and weren’t always in stock way before the pandemic.

I seen my first Series X in Walmart months ago but that seemed random. In the last couple weeks though, I've seen one sitting in the case at both my local stores. As for the PS5, when I was in there last week the employees were asking the head of electronics about the PS5 they had received since they thought it was online only. She informed them the policy had changed but apparently not everyone got the memo and that they were supposed to receive a shipment of 14 a couple days later. All of that being said, I bought 2 PS5's last month effortlessly from PS Direct, one bundled with Horizon and one without a game. I haven't looked at availability in the last few weeks but I bought last month because I knew the supply would dry up once the holiday shopping season really picked up.

Maybe by you, I still can't find it anywhere. I haven't been looking super hard but I do look every few weeks, including the day I posted this!

I'm in Toronto btw, but I also have family in Chicago and have them look from time to time, they haven't been finding it either.

Online retailers, definitely not. Unless you want to pay some sketchy site 900 dollars...
I’m in Boston and have never seen them here

That's a big no. In fact I can speak for Walmart since I used to work there and knew a few managers and they all told me the same thing that Walmart has put a policy in place that PS5's are not sold in any of their stores. You have to buy them online. I did see the Series S sold in store at Walmart but I have never spotted a Series X or PS5 in any of their stores.

Here is the Series X and Walmart says that it's not available for pickup at their store which probably still applies to all their stores. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?athbdg=L1100

Here is another random location and same response, not available for pickup https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?athbdg=L1100

Same here as well https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series-X-Video-Game-Console-Black/443574645?athbdg=L1100
That is all made up nonsense. They have been available nationally at walmart in stores. Even Best Buy says no in store stock yet call one and ask, they may have digital editions stock.

I can post links as well, with photo evidence:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/yaw1fh/my_friend_works_at_walmart_and_sent_me_this_pic/

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/ybk1x9/ps5s_fully_stocked_at_walmart_and_50_off_you_love/

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/yfv98q/is_this_normal_now_to_find_im_at_my_local_walmart/

So...  who's looking forward to GoW:R?  I got a baby coming next week so I won't be able to play it until I get back home, but I plan on giving my son the middle name Atreus.  COME HERE BOY!!!!

So... who's looking forward to GoW:R? I got a baby coming next week so I won't be able to play it until I get back home, but I plan on giving my son the middle name Atreus. COME HERE BOY!!!!
Just name him Boi. Looking forward to it, wondering if it’ll be G2L at gamestop

That is all made up nonsense. They have been available nationally at walmart in stores. Even Best Buy says no in store stock yet call one and ask, they may have digital editions stock.

I can post links as well, with photo evidence:

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/yaw1fh/my_friend_works_at_walmart_and_sent_me_this_pic/

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/ybk1x9/ps5s_fully_stocked_at_walmart_and_50_off_you_love/

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/yfv98q/is_this_normal_now_to_find_im_at_my_local_walmart/
Holy shit dude, JUST BECAUSE ITS IN YOUR LOCAL STORE DOES NOT MEAN ITS EVERYWHERE! God you’re fucking insufferable!

Holy shit dude, JUST BECAUSE ITS IN YOUR LOCAL STORE DOES NOT MEAN ITS EVERYWHERE! God you’re fucking insufferable!
I understand the frustration of having $500 burning a hole in your wallet. At one point, this entire year I had $500 for a PS5.

Still, the opposite can mean the same for you. Just because you cannot find one locally, does not mean everyone else cannot find one at their Walmart/BestBuy/Gamestop.

I understand the frustration of having $500 burning a hole in your wallet. At one point, this entire year I had $500 for a PS5.

Still, the opposite can mean the same for you. Just because you cannot find one locally, does not mean everyone else cannot find one at their Walmart/BestBuy/Gamestop.
"Tell-em Steve/Dave" wasn't claiming that everyone couldn't find one, he never said that. "Tell-em" wasn't disagreeing with the other guy that HIS local store have them in stock.

He was disagreeing to the other guy's comment about it's available everywhere and his only proof is his local stores have them. "Tell-him" was pointing out that his local store having them in stock is NOT proof that it's available everywhere.

"Tell-em Steve/Dave" wasn't claiming that everyone couldn't find one, he never said that. "Tell-em" wasn't disagreeing with the other guy that HIS local store have them in stock.

He was disagreeing to the other guy's comment about it's available everywhere and his only proof is his local stores have them. "Tell-him" was pointing out that his local store having them in stock is NOT proof that it's available everywhere.
Seriously, did you all honestly think/believe all of those links posted by different users where the same store?! Okay, I guess that's possible.

Thank you for having basic reading comprehension skills
Bro, you need to relax. That money burning a hole in your pocket should probably be used on a date or something. Next time be more clear.

I am not sure why you keep bringing up the money aspect.
$500 is a lot of money for me. I don't know about you and that annoyed guy if $500 is much money.

Being so frustrated about not being able to find the newest toy/video game. It just screams, first world problems; such a hard/difficult life in the most sarcastic tone.

Way to read the links and see the photos. These aren’t my stores. They are posts on reddit from all over the country. Arizona to Massachusetts.

Fact is I have several walmarts within 100km of me and I’ve never seen a PS5 in a one locally. Though I would bet they’ve been in stock. You just have to ask or be there around the right time of shipment. Now my local Best Buy constantly has them in stock. The website does say not sold in stores. That’s a lie so people don’t harass employees everyday. You just have to ask nicely in store and most likely you’ll get one.

my whole point to this whole ordeal is if someone doesn’t have a PS5 by now they aren’t trying. Online or in stores, if you at least TRY to buy one now it’s easy to get one.

Way to read. These aren’t my stores. These are posts on Reddit from all over the country. Arizona to Massachusetts.
That's how I read it too! I just don't get how people can possibly afford $500 these days on a video game console, but somehow PS Direct is impossible to figure out a way to get a console from.

And I'm the one without "basic reading comprehension skills." lol

Seriously, did you all honestly think/believe all of those links posted by different users where the same store?! Okay, I guess that's possible.

Bro, you need to relax.  That money burning a hole in your pocket should probably be used on a date or something.  Next time be more clear.
A PS5 that you will use for 10 years is a better way of spending $500 than going out to a fancy restaurant and spending $500 on date just to get ghosted immediately after.

$500 on a date lmfao. $500 on something that you’ll use everyday or almost everyday is a no brainer

That’s why I always go all out on things like TVs laptops or phones

A PS5 that you will use for 10 years is a better way of spending $500 than going out to a fancy restaurant and spending $500 on date just to get ghosted immediately after.
Who said anything about fancy?! No one said $500 had to be spent in one shot at a fancy restaurant.

No guarantees of getting ghosted. Like there are no guarantees that your particular PS5 will last 1 year.

$500 on a date lmfao. $500 on something that you’ll use everyday or almost everyday is a no brainer

That’s why I always go all out on things like TVs laptops or phones
Well by your logic, you should be spending that $500 on bills/loans/credit card debits instead. smh

Spend your money however you want. Just stop whining about how you can't find a PS5 within any of Boston's Walmarts/Best Buys/brick and mortar stores.

I'm sure some other Boston CAGs here can help.

Who said anything about fancy?! No one said $500 had to be spent in one shot at a fancy restaurant.

No guarantees of getting ghosted. Like there are no guarantees that your particular PS5 will last 1 year.
Well by your logic, you should be spending that $500 on bills/loans/credit card debits instead. smh

Spend your money however you want. Just stop whining about how you can't find a PS5 within any of Boston's Walmarts/Best Buys/brick and mortar stores.

I'm sure some other Boston CAGs here can help.
Definitely more important than a $500 date 😂 bills are unavoidable

I'd have to assume that in circumstances where PS5s are easily available, it had to do with overestimating the demand in that particular area. I live in major city and you can find usually find the disc based PS5s at the usual places (BB, GS). I have never seen the digital only one in stock. But based on what I read online, this is obviously not the case throughout the country.

Our Best Buys usually have them because they basically hide everything videogame related, so you only really would know if they're in stock if you ask or peak at the gated off section where they keep consoles. I'm guessing that plays a role in it.

... also, $500.00 for a date !? Just why?

I'd have to assume that in circumstances where PS5s are easily available, it had to do with overestimating the demand in that particular area. I live in major city and you can find usually find the disc based PS5s at the usual places (BB, GS). I have never seen the digital only one in stock. But based on what I read online, this is obviously not the case throughout the country.

Our Best Buys usually have them because they basically hide everything videogame related, so you only really would know if they're in stock if you ask or peak at the gated off section where they keep consoles. I'm guessing that plays a role in it.

... also, $500.00 for a date !? Just why?
I don't know how the consoles divided up for an area. I mean, you would think a major city like Boston would be getting the same percentage of consoles. I guess that's not the case, given the outcry by some here.

Wait, what is a fair price for a date? I guess $500 is too much for at least one happy memory that might actually outlive 10 years of PS5 gaming.

I don't know how the consoles divided up for an area.  I mean, you would think a major city like Boston would be getting the same percentage of consoles.  I guess that's not the case, given the outcry by some here.

Wait, what is a fair price for a date?  I guess $500 is too much for at least one happy memory that might actually outlive 10 years of PS5 gaming.
I'm an old man who has dealt with being dumped by women, betrayed by friends and family, etc. and I can say that in all of my years of life I can say that my best memories are involve Playstation consoles and not other people. I've been a Playstation gamer since 1995 and Sony hasn't let me down yet. In comparison people will let you down all the time. If anything I wish that I'd spent more time gaming instead of wasting time trying to find happiness in relationships, friends, careers, etc.

I'm an old man who has dealt with being dumped by women, betrayed by friends and family, etc. and I can say that in all of my years of life I can say that my best memories are involve Playstation consoles and not other people. I've been a Playstation gamer since 1995 and Sony hasn't let me down yet. In comparison people will let you down all the time. If anything I wish that I'd spent more time gaming instead of wasting time trying to find happiness in relationships, friends, careers, etc.
This is either one of the funniest or one of the saddest CAG posts I’ve ever read.

I can say that my best memories are involve Playstation consoles and not other people.
I'm happily married and $500 for a date also seems wild to me. I think our first date cost me like $60 or something. She insisted on paying for a lot but she did let me buy her dinner.

Personally we're not loaded but I could definitely drop $500 without it destroying me. I'd prefer to drop $400 on digital though, I don't buy many disks nowadays anyway.

I'm happily married and $500 for a date also seems wild to me. I think our first date cost me like $60 or something. She insisted on paying for a lot but she did let me buy her dinner.

Personally we're not loaded but I could definitely drop $500 without it destroying me. I'd prefer to drop $400 on digital though, I don't buy many disks nowadays anyway.
a healthy relationship is definitely like that. taking turns or willing to pay for the other. if she's fine with McDonalds, u gotta marry her lmao

Ps5 console with ragnarok available at most targets near me. I’d love to get one for a gift if I hadn’t already gifted one last year lol. Happy gaming! Oh and target thanks for shipping my GOW ce late but at least it’s not a week or more late this time

For the Canadians, or specifically, Torontonians, Best Buy online has the GOW bundles in stock.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/ps5-console/17583383?icmp=ps5_offer_20200911_console

I just ordered the digital version for store pick up (last one available for pick up).  Barring any cancellations I should have it soon?!

/EDIT Got what seems to be the last digital version of the GOW bundle in all of Toronto, but they still seem to have a fair amount of disk versions left.

I just grabbed God of War in store at Best Buy and they had 3 GoW bundle PS5's behind the counter.  1 disk and 2 digital.  I asked if those were for sale and they said yup, first come first serve.

That is the first time I've ever seen a PS5 on shelves to buy.

They've had them behind the counter at Best Buy several times.  All you had to do is ask. 

I was at a store where they were having fun embarrassing customers, and killing them with kindness.  It was hilarious.   Saw two different duos of chums come in shuckin' and jivin' about wanting to buy a PS5.  Store was like "yeah man, we got you.  come on over here! check em out".  Both times the guys walked away with sheepish smirks.   Because like many people, they were not actual customers that were serious about buying a PS5.

wonder when psvr2 email invites are going out. Or if they already have and I'm not invited to the party :dunce:
I would wait a few months. Psvr 2 is going to get discounted a lot like regular psvr did. I’m on the fence. It’s so dumb they aren’t supporting psvr1

Best Buy stores restocked $500 disc editions. Before any naysayers spout nonsense, they are readily available. YMMV of course since it’s so late in the day at this point.

This is the largest restock yet so if u don’t get one u just haven’t been checking enough. Guess Sony really prepared for the holidays

bread's done
Back