PlayStation Classic DEALS THREAD (Currently $20 @ GameStop)

What you guys want is Project Eris. I've not updated my PSC in a while and just installed it a few weeks ago.

Did you update your PSC to the current AutoBleem? It added wifi and bluetooth.
What you guys want is Project Eris. I've not updated my PSC in a while and just installed it a few weeks ago.
To be honest, I haven't touched my PlayStation Classic in about two months. But I figured that these Yok controllers are cheap and they probably won't last long at that price for those who are interested in owning them.

Do these emulators run games better than the how the system originally ran them? I might mod my PS1 since I bought it but haven't really touched it. 

You can change the internal emulator to something more capable if you'd like, but I don't think Autobleem or Eris does this for you by default.

Man, it has been AGES since I used mine. Ages, I tell you!

Had no interest in these last year, but for some reason after looking at the list of games I'm also disappointed I didnt grab one. Do they do restocks anymore, or can you buy them new anywhere for less than $40?

I kinda want to get another at some point.

Modding has been pretty fun, though I wish I had better internet where I could just download those huge 128GB packs MadLittlePixel always showed off...going at it game by game has taken some time, especially now after I realized Capcom arcade titles have auto widescreen (in CPS I or II) if you find their Euro/World CPS rom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm dredging up this thread to mention that GameStop is clearancing out the Yok PlayStation Classic wireless controllers for $2.97 each.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/retro-gaming/playstation/accessories/products/playstation-classic-wireless-controller/10170894.html?utm_expid=.Hn2ODSotSjW4yWszOrBF7Q.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.com%2Fsearch%2F%3Fq%3Dplaystation%2Bclassic%26lang%3Ddefault

While they aren't first-party, they work great for games that don't require an analog stick. Just plug and play. The range is also decent.

And if you're lucky, the Yok extension cables are a penny each. I got two of those this evening after work when I bought two controllers.
Thanks for the tip on this man. I bought some too. It is a steal at this price. The only negative is it uses batteries like those xbox controllers.

Wish I had bought one of these for $20 last year.
Prices are rising on them now that people figured out how versatile they are for emulation purposes. I can't seem to find any listings below $39.99 between Amazon and Walmart. And I haven't seen them in stores since March before COVID-19 hit.

But if you can get your hands on one, you can get a lot of value out of it. And hacking it is half the fun.

I'm dredging up this thread to mention that GameStop is clearancing out the Yok PlayStation Classic wireless controllers for $2.97 each.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/retro-gaming/playstation/accessories/products/playstation-classic-wireless-controller/10170894.html?utm_expid=.Hn2ODSotSjW4yWszOrBF7Q.0&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.com%2Fsearch%2F%3Fq%3Dplaystation%2Bclassic%26lang%3Ddefault

While they aren't first-party, they work great for games that don't require an analog stick. Just plug and play. The range is also decent.

And if you're lucky, the Yok extension cables are a penny each. I got two of those this evening after work when I bought two controllers.
While a solid price, i watched a review of these and of note, the face buttons are further apart as well as the internal buttons on the dpad. The dpad has no fixed point in the middle to rotate around and it's difficult to hit diagonal motions in fighting games. With the face buttons it makes it hard to play games where you hold a button with your thumb (like to run) and then use the back side of your thumb to hit another button (like for jumping). So certain games aren't going to play as well with these controllers, but games like RPG's and stuff will be perfect for this. It's still a good deal overall and supposedly they work fine with retropi, pc, and possibly other devices. Just something to keep in mind. I ended up just buying one of the $20 usb/bt devices so I could bluetooth a standard controller (like WiiU Pro, PS4, etc). It's a pricier way to go, but it works fine and the adapter works on switch and other platforms.

While a solid price, i watched a review of these and of note, the face buttons are further apart as well as the internal buttons on the dpad. The dpad has no fixed point in the middle to rotate around and it's difficult to hit diagonal motions in fighting games. With the face buttons it makes it hard to play games where you hold a button with your thumb (like to run) and then use the back side of your thumb to hit another button (like for jumping). So certain games aren't going to play as well with these controllers, but games like RPG's and stuff will be perfect for this. It's still a good deal overall and supposedly they work fine with retropi, pc, and possibly other devices. Just something to keep in mind. I ended up just buying one of the $20 usb/bt devices so I could bluetooth a standard controller (like WiiU Pro, PS4, etc). It's a pricier way to go, but it works fine and the adapter works on switch and other platforms.
You make good points. I'm not debating anything that you've said here. But for $3, it's a decent solution if you want a wireless controller. And I don't like the stock PlayStation Classic controller for fighting games either.

Just keep in mind that there are people out there who enjoy playing their PlayStation Classic systems who might not be willing to invest $20 more. A purist might want something better. A casual gamer might not have a problem with it.

So, for the clearance price, the Yok controller does a decent job. Ultimately, it's up to you.

I picked up one of these controllers and also one of the power adapters for the ps classic.  I'm not sure if I'll use it, but for that price it is okay deal.  The usb power adapter came up as a penny.  I might have to check other gamestops to see if they have the extension cables.

How are people modding these when the controller is the shitty one without sticks? Almost all the good games require them, it's the entire reason I never was interested.

There are plenty of good psone games that don't use the analog sticks. Nevermind that there are plenty of modded arcade and classic console games you can put on it that won't need the sticks either.

I picked up one of these controllers and also one of the power adapters for the ps classic. I'm not sure if I'll use it, but for that price it is okay deal. The usb power adapter came up as a penny. I might have to check other gamestops to see if they have the extension cables.
The adapter is also good for the Turbo 16 mini, which also did not come with a power adapter.

There are plenty of good psone games that don't use the analog sticks. Nevermind that there are plenty of modded arcade and classic console games you can put on it that won't need the sticks either.
Shortly after I last posted, I used the Yok controller to successfully play the following games:

Austin Powers Pinball

Big Strike Bowling

Bust-A-Move '99

Mr. Driller

RC De Go

Soul Edge

Strikers 1945

Tall Infinity

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

For $3, people really need to manage their expectations. :roll:

How are people modding these when the controller is the shitty one without sticks? Almost all the good games require them, it's the entire reason I never was interested.
I think that the other posters were referencing the 8BitDo PlayStation Classic wireless dongle that enables use of other Bluetooth controllers that have analog sticks such as the PlayStation 4 controller instead of the stock wired PlayStation Classic controller.

There is currently one on Amazon Warehouse if anyone is interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-PlayStation-Classic-Controller/dp/B07L334WXC/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=8bitdo+playstation+classic&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1594467410&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-3

I opened the box and tested mine out. The D-Pad is actually pretty nice and buttons are responsive. Build quality felt similar to the original hardware and it did not feel like a $3 product. I would highly recommend anyone with a ps classic to get one. Make sure to pickup AA rechargeable batteries with a battery recharger too though.

I opened the box and tested mine out. The D-Pad is actually pretty nice and buttons are responsive. Build quality felt similar to the original hardware and it did not feel like a $3 product. I would highly recommend anyone with a ps classic to get one. Make sure to pickup AA rechargeable batteries with a battery recharger too though.
Yes, I use rechargeable batteries with mine. My favorite thing is that the Yok controller is lighter than the stock wired one. Not too heavy in your hands but still substantial. They originally retailed for much more. I remember seeing them for $12.99 each at GameStop last winter.

That's like, a myth. None of the PS1 games required a Dual Shock (except Ape Escape) and none of the games were designed around using a Dual Shock (except Ape Escape).

I got one for 20 back then, and modded it with a USB drive full of my favorite ps1 games. Also got an 8bitdo wireless adapter for a PS4 controller. Works great. I have enjoyed much Tony Hawk and NFL Blitz. Totally worth it.

That's like, a myth. None of the PS1 games required a Dual Shock (except Ape Escape) and none of the games were designed around using a Dual Shock (except Ape Escape).
Back in the ps1 days, I literally never used the DualShock analog sticks for any game. My young self actually use to wonder “why did they even add these dumb sticks on here if they have no unique functionality”

Back in the ps1 days, I literally never used the DualShock analog sticks for any game. My young self actually use to wonder “why did they even add these dumb sticks on here if they have no unique functionality”
guess you never played any racing game? gran turismo and the analog sticks was a game changer for me.

guess you never played any racing game? gran turismo and the analog sticks was a game changer for me.
Metal Gear Solid with analog on made the game better as it was one of the few games to allow the right stick to be used for camera controls. Many other games made good use of the sticks. I thought some of the ridge racer games did... but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'm just remembering how amazing it seemed on the N64 with it's analog stick and thinking PS1 also had analog beyond the negcon controller for those namco racers.

Metal Gear Solid with analog on made the game better as it was one of the few games to allow the right stick to be used for camera controls.
Are you sure about that? I must've played that game a dozen times as a kid, but I strongly recall the camera angles to be fixed for the MGS series, all the way up until "Substance" style games came out.

Are you sure about that? I must've played that game a dozen times as a kid, but I strongly recall the camera angles to be fixed for the MGS series, all the way up until "Substance" style games came out.
I googled it. I remember having some camera controls on the right stick and the movement on the left stick was better too with the analog.

Is that right? That's funny, my first (and one of my favorites) ps1 game was ape escape, and I remember not being able to play it on Xmas because I had the wrong controller.

You sure spyro didn't require it too?

I stand corrected and you've taught me something today.

bread's done
Back