PlayStation Classic DEALS THREAD (Currently $20 @ GameStop)

Looks like BB stores closest to me no longer show it on display but rather sold out. Raising the price back up is meaningless if they have no more to sell. Glad I didn't sleep on the deal at $20 and picked up two of them.

I guess this did end up being the final hurrah for the PSC.

FML Now my only remaining option is Gamestop at twice the price.
Walmart may also have them... also $39.00. The stores here still have a couple left. That's the only local option for me other that possibly GS. Oddly enough GS actually turned out pretty good for me when I was hunting the SNES Classic and most places were sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Best Buy's sales of the PlayStation Classic were so great that they raised it back up to $59.99.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-classic-console/6301601.p?skuId=6301601

And they're more than likely unavailable in stores. I assume that they think that it is a hot item now that they sold so many.
Yeah, this could have happened, and I wouldn't put it past them, but at this point, the scale is probably going to change over in regards to consumers paying more than $20 for these. Before no one cared for the price drops, as we all saw these in pyramids at most locations, and even at $30, most said no thank you(a few grabbed units).

Now that the bulk has sold, and the hacking community have turned a Yugo in to a Ferrari, I see these last few selling at $30, $40 and maybe even $50 or more, as demand is only going up from here, and potential buyers no longer have the luxury of waiting for the lowest price anymore. Now demand is going to be higher than inventory available, but to what extent, only time will tell.

Last week once all local stores had sold out, and Target still had them listed at free shipping to store, I grabbed one more just in case. It's due to arrive in the next few days, as I knew paying $20 then was probably going to be my last chance, so I took it. LOL

I hope someone puts out a console that can play PS2/XB-OG discs and up-res them better than those little devices/add-ons can. Companies are doing that for the NES/SNES so I would imagine that once the patents run on the emotion system and custom-ware that we'll start seeing them.
Meet the PC, my friend, and cower in its greatness!

Apparently, Best Buy's sales of the PlayStation Classic were so great that they raised it back up to $59.99.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-classic-console/6301601.p?skuId=6301601

And they're more than likely unavailable in stores. I assume that they think that it is a hot item now that they sold so many.
It's probably likely Best Buy just sets an end date for the discount and it auto adjust to normal price when the sale ends. It's back in stock for shipping.

It's probably likely Best Buy just sets an end date for the discount and it auto adjust to normal price when the sale ends. It's back in stock for shipping.
You are correct, sir!

Back in stock at $59.99. Which now I'll keep on my radar for when it drops to $20-30 again.

Now, I'm focused on finding USB extension cables and 5 watt 1 amp wall chargers to go with the PlayStation Classics that I'll be gifting during the holidays.  My older relatives won't be able to make sense of Retroarch, so I'm trying to make sure that they can make use of the controllers that come in the box since the cords are so short.  And I've already picked up a pair of each.

Now, I'm focused on finding USB extension cables and 5 watt 1 amp wall chargers to go with the PlayStation Classics that I'll be gifting during the holidays. My older relatives won't be able to make sense of Retroarch, so I'm trying to make sure that they can make use of the controllers that come in the box since the cords are so short. And I've already picked up a pair of each.
i use the insignia usb wall charger at bestbuy, it's $15 atm, it's 5v 2.4a

you can also replace the usb cable on the controller, it's just plugged in. easy swap with a longer one, you just give up the plastic piece that resembles a memory card.

or you can also mod the classic controllers to be wireless.

you can also replace the usb cable on the controller, it's just plugged in. easy swap with a longer one, you just give up the plastic piece that resembles a memory card.

Isn't it supposed to use a 1.0 A plug?

I lucked out at my local Kroger while rummaging around in one of those random last chance dump bins and found two Cell Candy Wall Chargers for $3 each and two Cell Candy 5 foot Extension Cables for $1.79 each. I've been using one of the Cell Candy Wall Chargers on my own Classic for the past few weeks, and it works fine. Of course, the deal that I found at my local Kroger was a manager's special and is not a nationwide deal, so don't go running out to Kroger stores expecting to find it.

PS Classic back in stock for shipping at Target for $19.99 as of now. There is a shipping fee if you do not have the Target Red Card though.

https://www.target.com/p/sony-playstation-classic-edition-console/-/A-54140637
Good catch. Also when I looked at it it showed free site to store as an option and free shipping for orders over $35. Unfortunately they limit it to 1 per person... so, gotta buy something else to get the shipping knocked off.

On the bright side, for stores that price match with Target this opens the door back to $20 systems from other places. I guess I need to mess around with the one I'm working on to see if it's worth it or not.

Yeah, I'm heading to pick mine up in a few hours, as it arrived a day or two early, so glad I got one with free shipping to store, as I would probably have opted out if I had to pay. LOL

I lucked out at my local Kroger while rummaging around in one of those random last chance dump bins and found two Cell Candy Wall Chargers for $3 each and two Cell Candy 5 foot Extension Cables for $1.79 each. I've been using one of the Cell Candy Wall Chargers on my own Classic for the past few weeks, and it works fine. Of course, the deal that I found at my local Kroger was a manager's special and is not a nationwide deal, so don't go running out to Kroger stores expecting to find it.
i'd make sure they were at least 5v 2a. you're eventually gonna get "brown out" on your usb ports. do the otg.

Just checked and it's still showing stock on target.com.

OP, maybe change the name of the thread to PlayStation Classic Deals... or something so we can just consolidate the discussion to this thread as the deals come and go.

The PlayStation Classic Redditors finally compiled information about the system's specs.  

• SoC Mediatek 8167A Quad Core Cortex-A35 1.5 GHz / PowerVR GE8300
  • Audio chip: Mediatek MT6392A
  • Motherboard Sony LM-11 (1-984-020-11)
  • RAM 1GB DDR3-1866 Samsung K4B4G1646E-BYMA
  • eMMC 5.1 16 GB KLMAG1JETD-B041
  • Dimensions: 149 x 33 x 105 mm / Weight: 170 grams
  • Resolution: 720p e 480p via HDMI
  • Power: 5V 1A
Not too bad for a $20 machine.

The PlayStation Classic Redditors finally compiled information about the system's specs.

That's why I am satisfied for once with emulated Playstation games. I never could get my Raspberry Pis to run them to my liking and now I have over 500 PS1 games on multiple USB drives to play on the Playstation Classic. I did not put any other retro systems on it as I have those on my NES and SNES Classics.

Overall a pretty beefy little system. I still need to work on mine a bit more to see which options work the best.

I snagged 2 more of these from Meijer for $14.99 each. Pair with cheap USB sticks to make nice gifts for a few people I know.

I snagged 2 more of these from Meijer for $14.99 each. Pair with cheap USB sticks to make nice gifts for a few people I know.
That's why I bought seven of them. When I gave my stepdad a Classic for his birthday, I included a step-by-step instruction sheet for him in the package that explained how to use Autobleem on the flash drive, and he was able to figure out how everything worked relatively easily. So, I'll probably do the same thing in the future.

That's why I bought seven of them. When I gave my stepdad a Classic for his birthday, I included a step-by-step instruction sheet for him in the packaged that explained how to use Autobleem on the flash drive, and he was able to figure out how everything worked relatively easily. So, I'll probably do the same thing in the future.
Where's a good place to get those instructions from?

I just want to point out that this thread seems to be the one with the most cheerful CAGs.  Whether it's price updates whenever the PlayStation Classic goes back down to $20 or just advice on how to make the damn thing useful, it does my heart glad to see everyone helping each other out.  It's like the early days of Cheapassgamer are back again.

Wish you could get one of the N64 Blitz games working on this sucker, the PS1 versions are pretty ugly. The first Wayne Gretzky thankfully runs fine.

Wish you could get one of the N64 Blitz games working on this sucker, the PS1 versions are pretty ugly. The first Wayne Gretzky thankfully runs fine.
I haven’t tried the Dreamcast side of things out yet, but they were best on DC. There’s also the 2k series of sports titles to check out.

So I picked one up today.

Some of these games are still great, specifically Rayman and driller.

The only issue I have is that the controller is so short I have to stand close to the freaking tv.

Altogether happy with this as I have only rear horrible reviews where my expectations were very low.

So I picked one up today.

Some of these games are still great, specifically Rayman and driller.

The only issue I have is that the controller is so short I have to stand close to the freaking tv.

Altogether happy with this as I have only rear horrible reviews where my expectations were very low.
You can buy USB extension cables. Or there are a bunch of ways to use other controllers including wireless ones with the system. But the system would have to be hacked first. I'd check out the PlayStation Classic thread on Reddit for more information on how to enable those.

Check your nearest GameStop. If they still have their YoK extension cables - which bombed alongside the system - they are on clearance as low as $2.99 and have plugs molded to match the PlayStation style.

Check your nearest GameStop. If they still have their YoK extension cables - which bombed alongside the system - they are on clearance as low as $2.99 and have plugs molded to match the PlayStation style.
They don’t show up on the “new” website. Are they common or really hit or miss?

They don’t show up on the “new” website. Are they common or really hit or miss?
They were never on the website for some reason. Just check in store if you happen to be nearby. Honestly, probably all gone by now but who knows, they weren't in high demand even on clearance.

They were never on the website for some reason. Just check in store if you happen to be nearby. Honestly, probably all gone by now but who knows, they weren't in high demand even on clearance.
bigbadboaz, I just wanted to say that I've seen you schooling those fools on the Playstation Classic thread on Reddit. Good work!

bread's done
Back