Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Where is everyone watching the State of Play? What's the best place? I am currently on IGN's youtube and the sound is cutting in and out.
PlayStation YouTube

First Class Trouble just confirmed as a November PS+ game so looking like the leak is probably accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-bgGYLjGc

Little Devil Inside, depending on how in-depth the game is, looks intriguing.  I dig that art style.

State of Play summary
Excited for the Bugsnax update, We Are OFK, KartRider: Drift, Little Devil Inside, and maybe the Let It Die sequel. If you haven't played Death's Door yet, definitely check it out since it's a great action-adventure game.

A whole lot of OK IMHO. KOF will likely be aight. It's very obvious Star Ocean got the cheap end of the budget stick, probably after the last game didn't perform well. I'm a Star Ocean fan, but it doesn't look amazing. Little Devil Inside looks OK enough, but also a bit low budget and slow in what they showed. Bugsnax is OK but grosses me out because of the moving around food. I just get nauseous playing the game. Kart Rider looks OK, but F2P will hold it back. OFK looked extremely cringe, but something I'd play if I got it for under $5. Deathverse is cringe, but Let It Die provided some okay F2P gameplay (too much grinding though and breakable weapons....), so I hope it's actually selling for something to reduce that grind. Five Nights who cares, First Class Trouble also another who cares PS+ game that will likely be tried once or twice and deleted forever like the rest of the PS+ games they waste because they're multiplayer only. Death's Door I think is decent on PC, so that's not too bad. Overall just okay, with only purchase really being Star Ocean because of my fanboyism towards the series mainly on the first 3 games.

November Savings Sale (ends 11/20 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f286e0e7-bd92-4100-b9ff-7fbbfec31bc3/1

Games Under $15 Sale (Ends 11/11 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition Deal of the Week (ends 11/4 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-PPSA03180_00-ULTIMATELAUNCH03

Deathloop Sale 34% off (ends 11/4 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/9c61b852-c782-42e6-826e-b295fc482030/1

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1453746029183045640

PS5/PS4 Knockout City

PS5/PS4 First Class Trouble

PS4 Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning

PSVR/PS5/PS4 The Persistence

PSVR The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

PSVR Until You Fall

The PSVR games are available until 1/3/22.

I dont see a way to get the dlc thats in the fate edition of kingdoms of amalur. With out buying that edition.

I'm sure I'm just blind.

I have a sealed copy of the Persistance I bought last year for $16. Like most of us, I buy too many games that go in my backlog. I can now put the game in my digital library and maybe sell the disc.

I have a sealed copy of the Persistance I bought last year for $16. Like most of us, I buy too many games that go in my backlog. I can now put the game in my digital library and maybe sell the disc.
When gamestop went through that 50% trade boost, i went through my ps4 and switch games for anything that had a decent trade value that was cheap for a used coy and could be replaced with a digital copy that was around or cheaper than what i could trade it in for. Really helped pare down my collection

I'm excited about Kingdoms of Amalur. I always wanted to play and ENJOY it. I had it on Xbox 360 but I always found the idea of the areas level locking or whatever to be highly inconvenient and annoying to have to contend with if I just wanted to explore at my own pace. I heard they removed that with Re-Reckoning? If so, definitely going to be playing KoA.

Sweeet. I've been wanting to give Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning a go. Almost bought it.
I bought KoA & Walking Dead for $15 & $10 respectively earlier this year. Still haven't gotten around to playing them. Looks like I'll just sell the physical copies. Hell I should sell all of my physical games that eventually came to plus. That would clear a lot of shelf space. :whistle2:k

Spiderman question:

I have the GOTY sealed PS4 spiderman that I bought for like $20 I think last year. Was looking at Miles Morales for PS5 and I see it comes with the remasterd Spiderman. Is it better to just play the GOTY edition PS4 Spiderman on my PS5 since I get all the dlc? Buy Miles Morales and play the remastered Spiderman and forget about the DLC and sell or trade away my sealed GOTY spiderman? The PS4 Miles Morales has a free upgrade to PS5 but just not the remastered spiderman correct? Kind of confused with all this. Am I just missing the remastered Spiderman if I get the cheaper PS4 version of Miles Morales to play on my PS5?

Spiderman question:

I have the GOTY sealed PS4 spiderman that I bought for like $20 I think last year. Was looking at Miles Morales for PS5 and I see it comes with the remasterd Spiderman. Is it better to just play the GOTY edition PS4 Spiderman I have since I get all the dlc? Buy Miles Morales and play the remastered Spiderman and forget about the DLC and sell or trade away my sealed GOTY spiderman? The PS4 Miles Morales has a free upgrade to PS5 but just not the remastered spiderman correct? Kind of confused with all this. Am I just missing the remastered Spiderman if I get the cheaper PS4 version of Miles Morales to play on my PS5?
You want the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales if you want the PS5 remastered version with it, which has all of the DLC with it. Though you could just get the base version and buy the upgrade to the UE to get Spider-Man Remastered anyway.

The remastered Spiderman has all three DLC chapters. Pretty sure you can get it on sale in a few weeks.
I didn't know that cool.

You want the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales if you want the PS5 remastered version with it, which has all of the DLC with it. Though you could just get the base version and buy the upgrade to the UE to get Spider-Man Remastered anyway.
So my best play here is to wait for the PS5 Miles Morales ultimate edition to go on sale and keep my PS4 copy sealed to sell or trade. Thanks for the info. Is the remastered edition a code or a disc? Basically, is it safe to buy used?

The remastered is a code with expiration date 1/1/2024.
Good to know. GOTY and Ultimate editions used to all be on the disc. Not anymore. I remember buying Fallout 4 GOTY and it was the first GOTY game I've ever bought where it included a code for the DLC. It also depends on the console too. For example, Call of Duty Infinite came with COD Modern Warfare remastered. On PS4, it was a code but on Xbox, it was on the disc. Ugh, the newer games get the more confusing they become. I found a MM Ultimate brand new sealed on offer up locally for $40 so I will probably get it tomorrow. I can't see it going on sale for less than that anytime soon.

I finished Castlevania: Circle of the Moon last night on the PS4 "Castlevania GBA" collection.

Last few bosses were tough and so I started using the rewind feature.  Can't imagine beating the final boss without it.  Just insane.  Even with rewind, the final boss took a LOOONG time in his second form.  Probably a 20 minute grind.  Maybe there's a faster way to damage him than what I was doing (using the whip), though.

I started up Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow after that and hoooly cow, such a better game in every way.

I finished Castlevania: Circle of the Moon last night on the PS4 "Castlevania GBA" collection.

Last few bosses were tough and so I started using the rewind feature. Can't imagine beating the final boss without it. Just insane. Even with rewind, the final boss took a LOOONG time in his second form. Probably a 20 minute grind. Maybe there's a faster way to damage him than what I was doing (using the whip), though.

I started up Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow after that and hoooly cow, such a better game in every way.
There's a specific card combination that allows you to summon a giant thunderbird that is really useful in that fight. Yes, it depends on how much you've found in the game and how many HP/MP potions you have lying around. It goes by quicker if you are damaging the harder-to-hit phase more frequently, of course.

Heads up for those not using the Cash App for PSN credit discounts. Dollar General has a Pre-Holiday Sales Event happening on 11/5, and $50 PSN and Xbox cards are 20% off. Could be a good time to top off the wallet. Also good timing for people hopping on that digital COD bandwagon, since it drops the same day.

Again, only available on 11/5 and the offer’s only good on the $50 denomination of cards. Screenshot attached.

[attachment=36279:D8638D86-72E6-4E29-A0ED-816B5CF50F23.jpeg]

Heads up if anyone is playing the excellent Scarlet Nexus but doesn't want to grind to level 80 to get the Platinum.

There's a new patch giving rewards of extra XP for Challenges (like hundreds of thousands XP which is most if not all of a full level up) for doing things you probably were doing anyway.

I think that game's the only one I've turned off dualsense vibrations for. It felt like it was actively breaking my controller with just random pops and clicks and strong vibrations all the time.

Yes! There was always a random click happening.  It made me think the controller was broken but it only happened in that game.

Just like walking down the street and POP! I never figured out what was triggering it when nothing seemed to be going on in the game.

So I just finished Infamous Second Son.... glad I played it on easy.

Question for older gamers (50+) do you have to play all games on easy mode like me, or do I just suck particularly badly?

Question for older gamers (50+) do you have to play all games on easy mode like me, or do I just suck particularly badly?
Absolutely. I have limited time and lots of games, so I play for the fun and the experience. I much prefer to feel overpowered in a game than super challenged. Bring on the easy mode!

If anyone wants to subscribe to PS Now while it's still £24.99/€30 for a few more hours across the pond, I can confirm the deal works well on console. I bought a £25 code on CDkeys for $30 and was able to sign up for the promo with a penny left over since tax is already included in the price.

I streamed the games on my UK account, which is where I subscribed to PS Now. Streaming will not work on your main US account since you don't have PS Now there, but if you download a game on your EU/UK account where you have PS Now, you should be able to play it on your US account, though it will likely be the version specific to the region you have PS Now in. I tried a racing game and fighting game, and both worked fantastically. I'm very, very pleased since I can play Last of Us 2 for next to nothing, Mafia: Definitive Edition is all but guaranteed to be added to the service in November, and chances are good that Spiderman or Ghosts of Tsuhima will be added before my sub is up. Not bad for $2 and change per month.

I start on normal and if I am not enjoying it or hit a section that is poorly designed (making you repeat large portions from a save point) then I drop the difficulty just to get through the story. Some games are dramatically different on easy vs normal mode. For instance, Shadow of War (sequel to Shadow of Mordor) was dumbed down drastically on easy mode to the point where you didn't need to factor in the specific weaknesses of the opponent orcs as much. I got through the game faster but somehow it felt like I missed out on the true experience but having played the first game on normal I understand what I missed somewhat.

I just want to finish games now.

I very quickly switch from Normal to Easy as soon as I have a problem.

Some games, I still have the skill set to compete somehow.

Second Son, I think I played on Hard or Normal at the minimum but that was years ago when it first came out.

Ratchet and Clank, I always play at the hardest setting no matter what.

I've come to terms that I jsut don't have the same reflexes and ability to remember what buttons to push.

I'm in my early 40's but I've always played every game at the easy difficulty level if given the option. I don't play video games to get frustrated. Although at the same time I know a lot of people who found Metroid Dread incredibly difficult and I had no problem with it.

I'm at the mid-40s point, but in general, I tend to play games on Normal or Easy provided there are no difficulty-related trophies.  I like to get Platinums in my games, so if a trophy requires a hard playthrough, I usually have a choice to make between "Do I play the harder mode", "Do I accept I'm not going to get the Platinum", or "Do I just not play the game."  More and more these days, I usually choose to simply not play the game if I see that it's going to be unforgivingly brutal (or even if it takes too long to plat.  At my age, I'm not going to make it through my backlog if all my games are 100+ hour affairs.)

I'm at the mid-40s point, but in general, I tend to play games on Normal or Easy provided there are no difficulty-related trophies. I like to get Platinums in my games, so if a trophy requires a hard playthrough, I usually have a choice to make between "Do I play the harder mode", "Do I accept I'm not going to get the Platinum", or "Do I just not play the game." More and more these days, I usually choose to simply not play the game if I see that it's going to be unforgivingly brutal (or even if it takes too long to plat. At my age, I'm not going to make it through my backlog if all my games are 100+ hour affairs.)
Lol. I can't comprehend the thought process of not playing a game I was interested in just because I couldn't get the meaningless platinum trophy.

Lol. I can't comprehend the thought process of not playing a game I was interested in just because I couldn't get the meaningless platinum trophy.
I'm a completionist to an OCD level. It doesn't feel like I've completed a game until I've got all the trophies. If I was really, really, really interested in a game, I'll play it and accept that I can't get all the trophies. But games where there's only a mild level of interest, I don't even bother. It's just too much stress.

Increased difficulty levels rarely make a game harder. All they are good for is bloated stats the majority of the time which just makes things take longer.

With the exceptions here and there where boss ai gets new moves and such. But even those I don't feel make a large difference. Games seen to be more about level grinding and equipment or drop farming and fetch quests these days. I value my time more than the devs seem to.

bread's done
Back