PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
How will you use yours? I don't have a Vita - I am downloading all the free games.. and I guess there's not a lot of choice from the digital store? Are there any PS Classics/Minis I should consider?
I would just get hte ps1 games you want to play... and the big decision tree is if you want to hack it for emulators.

I have a vita. Since I have R2L2, I enjoy playing it on portable. I really have no idea why I bought the tv.

Can anyone confirm if the codes are actually expired? I got a 2nd one because I updated the first one without thinking.

The price seems to be creeping closer and closer to my zip code, but they are also stating to go out of stock. There's one within 9 miles but I can't come up with an excuse to head that direction. There's like nothing in that part of town.

Have I gotten lazy since I moved to a city? Used to be like 1 Walmart in a 15 mile radius where I used to live. Now I'm just holding out hoping the price drops at the one 2 miles away before I bother going for it.

Weird. I just saw the price fluctuate in brick seek. After my previous post I reloaded the search and it was showing the 29.99 price at the close Walmart. Now it's showing 49.99 again.

Weird. I just saw the price fluctuate in brick seek. After my previous post I reloaded the search and it was showing the 29.99 price at the close Walmart. Now it's showing 49.99 again.
Brickseek is around 24-48 hours off. So could be something drops in store before it registers online. Wouldn't hurt to check, though I would just drive to the other one you know has the price. I get the laziness though. I live south of Atlanta and if a deal is north of Downtown it does not exist to me.

I wonder if contacting Sony CS would net us anything on the codes. I mean the box says nothing about them being time limited till you actually get to the card. Not that I really care. I am probably going to return the bundle I updated and just keep the other one while blocking updates from now on.

I just scored (the last) two Lego bundles at my closest Wally World this morning. Thankfully they were in the knee high glass lock box behind a PS4 sticker where nobody could even see them, but the shelf sticker said $29.xx, that's what they rang up at, and brickseek indicated accurately there was low inventory.

I'll get around to trying the codes later, but sounds like those may be a bust :( This may be the first time I've ever heard of a DLC code actually expiring on the date printed, which honestly makes zero sense at all to me... It's not like I'm going to eat it.

Update: Can confirm, neither Sly nor Lego codes worked on April 1st, I tried two of each, all said "incorrect or no longer valid"... Probably not worth reaching out to SCEA (non)support, but I may anyway.

I just bought the PSTV bundle. Why did I do this? I only just started using my old PSTV; it wasn't like I needed a second helping. Oh well, at least the Dual Shock 3 will come in handy. My other ones are kinda beaten up and I could use a fresh one.

I bought this mainly for the PS3 controller so I could use it with my rooted LG G3. Is there a good way to make a homemade "GameKlip" for the controller/phone or is there a good one to buy?

Brickseek is around 24-48 hours off. So could be something drops in store before it registers online. Wouldn't hurt to check, though I would just drive to the other one you know has the price. I get the laziness though. I live south of Atlanta and if a deal is north of Downtown it does not exist to me.
I managed to grab one of the two that were actually at the Walmart within 2 miles of me. The price finally showed up consistently on Brick Seek so I went for it. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use it for, it may stay sealed for a while.

No I had the option to add psn later... so it's been at 3.20.  However, if I can't play games then it defeats its purpose

so its official that the sly code doesn't work anymore? there is 3 in one walmart but i want to check that first.
Yep. Tried it and it doesn't work. Might be worth contacting Sony and seeing if they'll throw some replacement codes out. Worse that could happen is you're back at square one. That's what I'll try.

Of course, the longer you wait to buy one, the less likely probably be to give you replacement codes (I bought the system literally hours after the codes expired).

I got the bundle for the lego movie. Will try to code later on. Thanks for the info. What a steal on this and now I can finally sale my ps vita. :'D

same here, let me know what you decide, I'm keeping it at 3.20 firmware for now so I have the option.
No I had the option to add psn later... so it's been at 3.20. However, if I can't play games then it defeats its purpose
I only bought it with the intention of PS4 remote play so the PSP emulator doesn't really interest me.

I'll probably go ahead and update and just wait and see if the base unit drops any further and pick one up to be my "emulation box".

I got the bundle for the lego movie. Will try to code later on. Thanks for the info. What a steal on this and now I can finally sale my ps vita. :'D

I can verify that the codes don't work anymore.

The Lego movie code didn't work for me. I called Sony and they offered to replace the code. I took a picture of the receipt and the voucher. New code should be showing up on Monday or so.

Okay, does anyone know if it's possible to play vita games that require a higher firmware without upgrading it?  I'm still at 3.2 thinking about hacking it but when I put in TOkikidun and persona, they want me to upgrade.

Okay, does anyone know if it's possible to play vita games that require a higher firmware without upgrading it? I'm still at 3.2 thinking about hacking it but when I put in TOkikidun and persona, they want me to upgrade.
Not posible afaik, BUT some bubble supposedly can stay after updating if they were created before hand.

Yeah, I don't even know what I'm goign to do with this thing.  I like my vita enough.

Btw, I've gotten a lot of trade offers for my brand-new ps3 controller+cord.  If anyone has paypal, let me know. 

I don't have a Walmart near enough to get to easily and the closest ones have no stock anyway.  If anyone can get me a bundle for $30, pls PM me. 

I wish the codes for these bundles hadn't expired.  Would make potentially buying and reselling these things a headache.  I can imagine the complaints.

Two stores closer to me dropped to $29.99 recently and third one shouldn't be far behind.  If only I had use for more.  

I tried to get target to PM but they refused. Walmart 15 miles away had one but it's an hour+ round trip with weekend traffic around here and I'm not sure it's worth it. :whistle2:(

I went back and got the last two bundles at my local Walmart, but really only wanted the controllers. Anyone interested in a PSTV system/memory card/box for $30 shipped?

EDIT: both sold. Thanks!

I wish the codes for these bundles hadn't expired. Would make potentially buying and reselling these things a headache. I can imagine the complaints.

Two stores closer to me dropped to $29.99 recently and third one shouldn't be far behind. If only I had use for more.
Yea I wouldn't try resale unless you do it on CL. Ebay will screw you over even if you type in huge capital letters that the codes are expired.

bread's done
Back