$5 off coupon

install AdVenture Capitalist via google play or apple app store
press the K button in game to register or sign in
follow on screen instructions

coupon exp jun 19

http://www.kongregate.com/adcap
If you plan on getting other things from GS

$45 for $50 ebay gift card from gyft

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/346494-45-for-50-ebay-card-gyft-up-to-3-times-per-account-double-dip-on-bb-ps-bb-xbox-bb-trade-in-for-xbone-15-back-psn-deals/

Then buy a GS gift card

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GameStop-Gift-Card-Email-Delivery-/251706159756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a9adb328c

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience if you're buying this solely for streaming gameplay from PS4 i'd skip unless you have a high tolerance for input lag. In the same room inches away over the same wired connection there was noticable input lag. PS4/Vita remoteplay is better.
Try turning off direct connection, that way the PS4 and the Playstation TV will communicate over your wired network and not try and connect to each other via wireless.

It blows my mind how people don't bother looking up information that can easily be found with a simple google search then proceed to spread misinformation and their ignorance via public forums.

Here is a comment a user posted about that article.

Absolutely nothing about the context of the original comment from House indicates he was only referencing the older PS Vita models. He meant what he said the first time and it was probably only what most of us sad Vita owners are already thinking. The completely transparent, backpedaling follow-up comment only makes it worse.

I learned my lesson dropping $200 plus tax on a rockbank unplugged PSP 3000 that barely got any use. Sadly it got stolen but luckily it was stolen once the PSP was dead technology.

You can get used psp for $20 bucks or in bundles with games for like $50 etc.

I'm waiting for the Vita to finish walking the same tracks the PSP did. Which its walking right over their same tracks.

Why the hell is Gamestop listing the new ones as releasing the 19th now? It's not a new item. There's no option to check store availability either. What the hell is going on?

Well we've had her a month. Our English bulldog took several weeks and has ended up being my favorite and the sweetest dog ever. But this little terrier..i dunno. I leave her in the crate, she poops in it and will step in it, then when you open the door she cuts out running. The other day I came home on break from work and the same thing happened but I picked her up, she was excited and started kicking her feet, getting crap all over my pants.

I'm not sure what we'll do at this point honestly. It's frustrating.
They are tough breeds sometimes. That is frustrating. Crate training does take work to make the dog love the crate. Only you can really decide when enough is enough. Just gotta do yourself a solid and give it the best chance you can until either it works out or you reach your tipping point. Hope it works out for you and the dog!

So a random user posting negativity about an article is to be believed then..? Yet over at neogaf they have a thread titled "Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||," that's pretty good for a dead platform.
That's third party developers still supporting the system not Sony.

Sony said they are dropping support for the system.the consider it a legacy system. Not sure if you understand that.

They made PSP games long after it was dead too.

That's third party developers still supporting the system not Sony.

Sony said they are dropping support for the system.the consider it a legacy system. Not sure if you understand that.

They made PSP games long after it was dead too.
I don't particular enjoy Sony's franchises so the company dropping or reducing support doesn't bother me in the least. And with the wealth of PS1, PSP and Vita games available for the system already, there isn't a lack of games for Vita/PSTV owners to play.

They revised their statement claiming that the first gen Vitas were the legacy consoles. Which doesn't make sense. Discontinued and legacy are way different. Besides those were discontinued a while ago.

It'd be cool if they just gave the vita a mini HDMI out, better analog sticks, and an easier way to grip. And like it could print money too

They revised their statement claiming that the first gen Vitas were the legacy consoles. Which doesn't make sense. Discontinued and legacy are way different. Besides those were discontinued a while ago.
He is aware of Sony's revised statement, he just thinks they are lying to save face because of the backlash from House's original statement.

Let's assume they are.. so then what? It's not like the Vita is the Virtual Boy and you are buying now for it's future and going to get let down when only a dozen games are released. You are paying $30 - $40 + mem card for access to a library that has 100s of games of which a good percentage are compatible with this device with still hundreds more on the way. In other words it's not a huge gamble, it's not a huge amount of investment, you know what you are buying into, so I really don't understand his point.

My point being vita is going to die off in the same regard the PSP did.

I think most people realize that though.

My point being vita is going to die off in the same regard the PSP did.

I think most people realize that though.
Die off? The psp was still being shipped/sold until about 10 years after its release. That's about the same lifespan as the PS1 (and the vita was introduced at roughly the same time in the psp's life that the ps2 was during the ps1's life). *shrug*

I own a vita but still actually play my psp from time to time and still think it's a great system. If the vita "dies off" in the same way, we've got a while left :D

Handheld gaming cannot be compared to console gaming, least of not all in this day and age where we have games on absolutely everything.

I really like my Vita, but I think we are way closer to the end than we are the beginning.

Guys, use a Kongregate coupon and get the PS Tv for 25 bucks pre-tax.  I don't see how this is even up for debate, it's a hell of a deal.

Vita haters are just closet Vita fans.
No I hate vita and I'm not a closet fan.

I wasted $200 on my rockband unplugged PSP bundle when I barely used the thing to justify how much I paid.

Now I'm not saying I won't ever get one or that I don't want to play any games for it.

I'm saying I won't pay the $200 for a new one or even a used one. I will wait till it goes the same route PSP did and I can get one at a flea market or craigslist with a stack of jrpgs for $40s like you can with PSP nowadays.

For $200 dam right I hate vita it be a waste for how much I would use it to justify paying that much.

That's why people want this PS TV because its $30 not $200 but its still funny watching it get knocked for its incompatibility and lag issues.

That's why I love when the people say they have this thing and still knock it speaking the truth sayings it a piece of shit and stating reasons why.

People like you think you need to own and have used it before speaking ill or negative about it.

Personally I'm grateful for the people who own this speaking the truth so I don't regret a purchase and save me a hassle of a return on something that I was hesitant on from the start.

My intention coming in the thread was with interest in the item, Then I read about it and lost interest and now in a discussion about said item. Not to just slam the item from the start.

If its for you and useful and you love it then great for you.

Ok cool. Im glad this thread helped you to realize its not for you.

Now that you know that this thread no longer serves a purpose for you.

Some just feel intimidated by the Vita since it's too much for them to handle. He just feels too insecure about himself and was hoping there were others like him.

I'm ferociously ambivalent about the system. On one hand, it's pretty powerful for a handheld. On the other, let's face it... it hasn't lived up to the promise of console-quality gaming on the go the way Sony had promised. It even has trouble handling some Playstation 2 games, if recent collections are any indication. That OLED screen makes old PSP and PSOne games look gorgeous, but it's pretty clear from past sales that the Vita has been Sony's red-headed stepchild. You have to wait until a flash sale to get anything good for a reasonable price.

So yeah. I have the system and find myself liking it half the time, but getting frustrated with it the other half. People are bringing up the PSP a lot in this thread but believe me, I have three PSPs. There's like a thousand games for the PSP, along with a ton of emulators. The Vita wishes it were the PSP. If it weren't for the PSP and its huge library the Vita wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is.

Since the Vita can't make phone calls its pretty much a device for kids, considering most people are now playing games on their cell phones.  Its just too much portable devices for people

Since the Vita can't make phone calls its pretty much a device for kids, considering most people are now playing games on their cell phones. Its just too much portable devices for people
I don't play games on my phone. I flip it open when I want to make/answer a call and it's closed the rest of the time.

You can deny it all you want, but its hard having people carry multiple devices these days especially something that is only build for games. and is not a completely flat surface.

How many females you seen walking around with Vitas??
Quiet a few actually.

Gamers play actual gaming systems. People who just like to kill time while waiting to pick up food play whatever dumb app is on their phone.

People always want to bring cell phone games into this but the type of people that play those games are the type that wouldn't buy a handheld regardless.

Phones are for making calls, Vita's are for gaming.

Phone games can't compare.
Konami says other wise.

Honestly Sony portables is like smart phone gaming when you compare it to anything Nintendo handheld.

Sony handhelds is a step up from cell phone gaming and Nintendo handhelds is two steps up from each of those.

Got a heck of a deal on a 64 GB memory card via eBay (makes up for the fire sale I had on mine when I sold my Vita way back when). Now to re-download my back catalog of Vita games I either bought or received via PS+. Between that and the PS4 remote play, this little thing is the coolest $27 device I've ever bought. Off to play some Dragon's Crown.

Oh, and in response to Chuck Norris' Boner above me, if you're relying on this to stream video, you're doing it way wrong.
Yeah, you're right. However, the fact remains it is called "TV" and is advertised as a streaming device. The Vita is such a niche market; I literally have never met a single person who owns one, and have yet to see one outside of a store. I don't know anything about it TBH, so correct me if I'm wrong. But my understanding is it's a portable gaming device that is not as powerful as consoles, and the Playstation TV provides users the capability to stream this weaker device on a TV at the comfort of their home? Why not just play on the console in the first place!?

Yeah, you're right. However, the fact remains it is called "TV" and is advertised as a streaming device. The Vita is such a niche market; I literally have never met a single person who owns one, and have yet to see one outside of a store. I don't know anything about it TBH, so correct me if I'm wrong. But my understanding is it's a portable gaming device that is not as powerful as consoles, and the Playstation TV provides users the capability to stream this weaker device on a TV at the comfort of their home? Why not just play on the console in the first place!?
Because publishers won't release the damn games on both systems, even digitally. You can't get Earth Defense Force 2 remastered to play on PS3/4. The US release of that is finally happening in September, so I'll be needing a PS/VIta TV. I hate handhelds. I don't do tiny screens and batteries. I always thought Sega had the right idea with Nomad, because it actually played the Genesis cartridges instead of reselling the same games on a different cartridge like Nintendo does. The FF Crisis Core game on PSP probably isn't available to play any other way either, despise the fact that Square has been milking the series so hard recently with remasters.

Tried this for the first time yesterday. I tried it wireless y at my fiance's house on mediocre connection while my PS4 was obviously at my house on great connection. It was leggy, not horrible but noticeable, before I lost connection. This gives me hope for when I hook it up to my another room within my house with a wired connection.

Yeah, you're wrong. It doesn't stream from a Vita, it essentially is a Vita that hooks up to a TV. It has a slot for Vita games and a slot for the same memory cards. You can then download and play Vita games or use the Playstation Now service.

You can also remotely play a PS4, or stream your PS4 to this device.

Tried this for the first time yesterday. I tried it wireless y at my fiance's house on mediocre connection while my PS4 was obviously at my house on great connection. It was leggy, not horrible but noticeable, before I lost connection. This gives me hope for when I hook it up to my another room within my house with a wired connection.
Have one wired at my house and the lag is barely noticeable. That's surprising to hear about the wireless issue at your finances house. I regularly play destiny with my friend at his house, sharing his internet, remote paying my PS4 with my vita, while also using party chat, with pretty fair results.

Have one wired at my house and the lag is barely noticeable. That's surprising to hear about the wireless issue at your finances house. I regularly play destiny with my friend at his house, sharing his internet, remote paying my PS4 with my vita, while also using party chat, with pretty fair results.
Which is wired? Both or just one? I'm debating which one should be wired. I'm not sure if I can hook both up.

I don't understand why over half of the posts in this thread have been negative. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. If other people want to buy it, let them. I would bet that many of us here especially long-time CAGs like myself own multiple systems and have backlogs a mile long. We simply don't have the time to play every game that we've ever bought or every system regularly which is why it seems like hypocrisy to say to others that they're wasting their money by buying something if they think it's a good deal or even have a remote interest in buying it.

I don't understand why over half of the posts in this thread have been negative. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. If other people want to buy it, let them. I would bet that many of us here especially long-time CAGs like myself own multiple systems and have backlogs a mile long. We simply don't have the time to play every game that we've ever bought or every system regularly which is why it seems like hypocrisy to say to others that they're wasting their money by buying something if they think it's a good deal or even have a remote interest in buying it.
Wow, someone being reasonable, on the Internet? Crazy. And yeah, I have more games than I could play in this lifetime, and will only add to it. I picked this up because what the hell.

Because neither the PS3 nor the PS4 can play Vita or PSP games. I guess that's the rationale anyway... you could also buy video cables for your PSP and play its games that way, but at the rate the PSTV's price is plummeting it probably won't make much of a difference in cost.

$25 was my sweet spot for the PSP Go. Maybe if I've got money in July I'll pick up one of these doodads as well. It's not a high priority for me at all, though. I mean, how many Vitas does a guy need anyway? I don't even use the one I've got.

No I hate vita and I'm not a closet fan.

I wasted $200 on my rockband unplugged PSP bundle when I barely used the thing to justify how much I paid.

Now I'm not saying I won't ever get one or that I don't want to play any games for it.

I'm saying I won't pay the $200 for a new one or even a used one. I will wait till it goes the same route PSP did and I can get one at a flea market or craigslist with a stack of jrpgs for $40s like you can with PSP nowadays.

For $200 dam right I hate vita it be a waste for how much I would use it to justify paying that much.

That's why people want this PS TV because its $30 not $200 but its still funny watching it get knocked for its incompatibility and lag issues.

That's why I love when the people say they have this thing and still knock it speaking the truth sayings it a piece of shit and stating reasons why.

People like you think you need to own and have used it before speaking ill or negative about it.

Personally I'm grateful for the people who own this speaking the truth so I don't regret a purchase and save me a hassle of a return on something that I was hesitant on from the start.
My intention coming in the thread was with interest in the item, Then I read about it and lost interest and now in a discussion about said item. Not to just slam the item from the start.
If its for you and useful and you love it then great for you.
How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

Right on. I've got over 700 Xbox360 games now. This generation seems like it's been really bad for collectors because these games shoot up in price overnight. Standard retail editions of garbage games are $20. Then they go out of stock on Amazon, and suddenly everyone is trying to get $100 for them. Then you see used copies in "acceptable" condition for $20 with discs that probably won't even install to the 360 properly. It's ridiculous. I have to buy everything I want before it goes OOP or I end up back to paying full retail for a copy that's in mint condition. Then the resellers rewrap the games in replacement cases half the time and think people are too stupid to notice the difference. Then they make up excuses and discount you to avoid negative feedback.

[quote name="ElvisTheGreat" post="12743848" timestamp="1434322017"]Which is wired? Both or just one? I'm debating which one should be wired. I'm not sure if I can hook both up.[/quote]

Both my PS4/PSTV are wired, both in separate rooms. When the PSTV first came out it was leggy as hell. Even running completely wired. But a couple of patches latter and it runs like a dream, even at 60FPS.

Every room in my house has wired Internet. So I can even unplug the thing with ease and put it on my bedroom TV and play destiny while laying in bed with my wife.

Because neither the PS3 nor the PS4 can play Vita or PSP games. I guess that's the rationale anyway... you could also buy video cables for your PSP and play its games that way, but at the rate the PSTV's price is plummeting it probably won't make much of a difference in cost.

$25 was my sweet spot for the PSP Go. Maybe if I've got money in July I'll pick up one of these doodads as well. It's not a high priority for me at all, though. I mean, how many Vitas does a guy need anyway? I don't even use the one I've got.
Thanks for the kind and rational response.

For the others, the collectors/kids with backlogs of hundreds of games, whatever floats your boat..

Right on. I've got over 700 Xbox360 games now. This generation seems like it's been really bad for collectors because these games shoot up in price overnight. Standard retail editions of garbage games are $20. Then they go out of stock on Amazon, and suddenly everyone is trying to get $100 for them. Then you see used copies in "acceptable" condition for $20 with discs that probably won't even install to the 360 properly. It's ridiculous. I have to buy everything I want before it goes OOP or I end up back to paying full retail for a copy that's in mint condition. Then the resellers rewrap the games in replacement cases half the time and think people are too stupid to notice the difference. Then they make up excuses and discount you to avoid negative feedback.
Well if you are playing COD for the billionth time, online and all... Of course your backlog will never be played

bread's done
Back