Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver $34.99/$32.54 at Amazon

I ordered mine in early Feb (SoulSilver), and it's still under "not yet shipped". The "estimate" is March 26th. I'm so pissed. I'll likely never order from Amazon again.

[quote name='Sway42']Also to the person who may have lost his Soul Silver package, all shipments made by UPS have to be signed by somebody. If someone grabbed it, he signature will be there, or at least the last name. Amazon can not do much i think. They will probably tell you to call UPS to do an investigation. i am not sure of course.
So you can start from the signature.[/QUOTE]

I've never had to sign for a package from UPS as far as i can remember. They just drop it on the porch and head back to the truck.

[quote name='rainking187']I've never had to sign for a package from UPS as far as i can remember. They just drop it on the porch and head back to the truck.[/QUOTE]

yeah none of the courier services amazon uses has ever had me sign, including Fedex and UPS, they just leave it at the front door.

I'm pretty sure you only have to sign for the packages that you ASK for them to make sure they're signed for. My dad made a purchase of photo paper that cost almost $1000, and of course made sure he had to sign for it and they didn't just leave it at the door.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']My SS with figure finally shipped...

from New Castle DE... I live in CA...

I guess it's also a blessing in disguise considering I have 2 more finals left.[/QUOTE]
same here. DE to CA. gonna be a while...

My SoulSilver is already in New Jersey and the expected arrival is now the 16th (was the 17th before). Nice to see Amazon making up for the delay in shipping. Hopefully the rest of you get it sooner than expected, too.

[quote name='Sirena']I'm pretty sure you only have to sign for the packages that you ASK for them to make sure they're signed for. My dad made a purchase of photo paper that cost almost $1000, and of course made sure he had to sign for it and they didn't just leave it at the door.[/QUOTE]

Well, if I'm not mistaken, there's basically three reasons it will be required to sign. The seller can request a signature for any item, but most usually only require it for high-priced items or just large items overall.

Secondly, the UPS driver himself can personally decide to hold the package for signature depending on the neighborhood. If packages have been stolen more recently or the drop-off area just isn't generally safe, the driver has the choice to ask for a signature to ensure delivery without any problems.

And, finally, as you mentioned, you can request a signature for an item as well.

Basically, it really just depends on where you live and what you're getting, as well as who it's from.

[quote name='rainking187']I've never had to sign for a package from UPS as far as i can remember. They just drop it on the porch and head back to the truck.[/QUOTE]

For me with UPS if I answer the door they will have me sign, if I'm not home they will just leave it on the door step. In January I had a box stolen off of my front porch, contacted Amazon about it and they had a replacement in the mail for me that day, sent next day FedEx.

I live in an Apartment building and thank god UPS always makes me sign for packages. fucking FedEx on the other hand won't even knock and the door and just throws my package in-front of my door at my unsecured apartment building. The last time FedEx didn't even go to my door to drop of my package and dropped it of under the mailboxes next to the unlocked main entrance, $300 worth of merchandise. The USPS lady knocked on my door to tell me I had a FedEx packages under the mail boxes and she was just as appalled as I was that the driver left packages there and that no one stole them, lazy ass driver (the kicker was that I was home all day.)
I don't buy anything from sellers that will only use FedEX now.

[quote name='spoo']I live in an Apartment building and thank god UPS always makes me sign for packages. fucking FedEx on the other hand won't even knock and the door and just throws my package in-front of my door at my unsecured apartment building. The last time FedEx didn't even go to my door to drop of my package and dropped it of under the mailboxes next to the unlocked main entrance, $300 worth of merchandise. The USPS lady knocked on my door to tell me I had a FedEx packages under the mail boxes and she was just as appalled as I was that the driver left packages there and that no one stole them, lazy ass driver (the kicker was that I was home all day.)
I don't buy anything from sellers that will only use FedEX.[/QUOTE]

And then there is USPS. Just imagine $150 worth of rare video games sitting right under your mailbox, 6 inches from a busy road. That was not a good day for me. I usually have anything major sent through the USPS sent to my friend's house on the other side of town. At least his mailman is straight and does it right.

Just wanted to chime in here on ups, 99% of the time they ring the doorbell and come up to my apt building and ask for a signature. I think it's because the mail boxes are behind the gate? No space to leave it outside the gate where anybody passing along can just steal it. And very rarely do they just slip it under the gate.

[quote name='Sway42']it doesnt make sense.

Amazon has always sent me my shipments through UPS. I am talking those fulfilled by Amazon or are sold by Amazon. For example, i just ordered a game fulfilled by amazon and two books from amazon themselves. i am expecting the UPS man at my door wednesday.
Yep, just checked my amazon orders. one is coming from indiana, the other is coming from Philadelphia by UPS.

I received the USPS orders when i bought from third party sellers. Those sellers who want you to pay 3.99. Some of them have given me tracking information, some of them have not.
Perhaps you bought that game through a third party seller in amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost 100% certain it was an Amazon order since I only go for items that qualify for Amazon's Super Saver Shipping. But that's also why I was so surprised to find it in my mailbox. I think most things I've ordered have been UPS; that seems to be the lone exception.

[quote name='Josh5890']And then there is USPS. Just imagine $150 worth of rare video games sitting right under your mailbox, 6 inches from a busy road. That was not a good day for me. I usually have anything major sent through the USPS sent to my friend's house on the other side of town. At least his mailman is straight and does it right.[/QUOTE]

It is weird how big of a difference of having a good USPS carrier and a bad one. I have a great one at the place I have now and I have had bad ones. In another apartment that I lived in years ago I bought a painting that was on a 8x10 Canvas Panel board that was shipped in a cardboard photo mailer. My mailman folded the painting in half to fit it in my mailbox.
I was pissed and took it to the post office to file a complaint and the guy looked it over and said "well I don't see anywhere on the package that states it shouldn't be folded." I was appalled and tried to get an explanation of why it should state "do not fold" on the package for something that takes a large amount of strength and effort to bend. I went and bought a new 8x10 Canvas Panel board from a craft store and I could hardly get it to bend the way my carrier bent it on the short side and I'm not a small man.

whew, well i went out for a little bit and came back just now and i find my SS package on my doorstep. guess either it got here later then the time of delievery or someone like a neighbor dropped it off. oh wells, at least i got it now. =]

now if only HG would ship soon for my friend.

[quote name='cecilvaliant']whew, well i went out for a little bit and came back just now and i find my SS package on my doorstep. guess either it got here later then the time of delievery or someone like a neighbor dropped it off. oh wells, at least i got it now. =]

now if only HG would ship soon for my friend.[/QUOTE]

crisis averted. :)

I guess living in a crime-scarred neighborhood has its advantages!

lol, the ups man rings my doorbell to deliver me my packages around 10 or 11am. I even go a bit a crazy when i realize it is past 1 and my package is not here. I then realize that he may have delivered the package to the laundry next to me. I start checking the tracking information like crazy.
What he would do was that he used to go next door to a laundry and deliver them when i first moved here. Then he realized that she wasnt the right person, so he finally came to the next house to deliver them to me. The laundry lady would hold my package and i would go there to pick them up.

He always asked for a signature on ALL my packages. Even the lady in the laundry had to sign in her last name.

Hell, even the USPS man from that truck or the mailman who delivers my packages, they leave my stuff from USPS to the laundry. He still has not learned i guess. I think twice has he rung my bell to deliver me my packages.
For example, today i went out and i had to come back and i saw the mailman. I waited for him in my porch and greeted him. I asked if i had anything coming in from me. He delivered me my mail and like 6 blu-rays i ordered from hollywood video. That is 6 suckers!

i guess you all live in nice apartments and a nice neighborhood. I dont.
They can not just leave my stuff outside of my door because some bastard is going to grab it and make a run for it even if they knew that there was a pokemon game inside.
I guess i can be glad to come home and be delighted beause i will never lose a package....

unless that laundry lady plots against me..
!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='cecilvaliant']ugh, so my SS said it was delievered today but i dont see a package and been at home all day. package said it was delievered at 6:18pm but i dont see anything. prob gonna check around outside or ask my neighbors. how is amazon's customer service on lost packages? wonder if i should call them tonight.

well, HG finally is pending to "shipping soon". hopefully it gets shipped out by tonight...[/QUOTE]

Just contact a CS rep about the lost package(if you still don't have it), and they'll send you another one. Was your package being delivered by UPS or OnTrac? Ontrac drivers always tend to leave the packages in front of the door, and I lost 2 shipments because of that. Amazon's CS is the bomb when it comes to lost packages.

My SS still isn't shipped but my HG should be here today. Wonder why Amazon would delay certain orders so much? I ordered both at the same time. Just shove em in a package and get em to me already!

Well, my package from Phoenix left the facility early this morning, then for some reason arrived back at the facility, and just now left the facility again. Seems pretty odd that people on the west coast have an east coast shipping facility while I am on the east coast and have a west coast shipping facility.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Well, my package from Phoenix left the facility early this morning, then for some reason arrived back at the facility, and just now left the facility again. [/QUOTE]

Same.

March 16, 2010 06:26:00 AM Rock Hill SC US Arrival Scan
March 16, 2010 05:56:00 AM Rockhill SC US Out for delivery
March 16, 2010 05:05:00 AM Rockhill SC US Arrival Scan

:bomb:

my copy of SS just shipped from delaware and i live in southern california....so its gonna be awhile

my copy of HG (ordered for a friend) isnt even in the shipping soon phase, while my copy of god of war 3 is shipping soon

[quote name='blackwaltz34']my copy of god of war 3 is shipping soon[/QUOTE]
holy crap

i totally forgot about the Game of The Year comin out in mid march.

damn. time is slipping..

The UPS man knocked on my door. I dashed to said door, flung it wide, thrust out my arms, and kept emitting little happy cries of "Yay! Yay! Yay!" while he handed me the box, said "Have a nice day," and left.

All is right with the world.

I ordered at 5:30 PM EST yesterday with $3.95 one day shipping and it just arrived today at 11:00 AM EST. Transversed over 6 states in about 12 hours...not too shabby.

My package left Kansas, is supposed to come all the way to ND, it made it all the way to Sioux Falls SD pretty early in the night. It didn't have far to goto Fargo, which then is an easy trip west to my town. But no, they have to hold it to stay to the "scheduled delivery" and will probably air it into my town from Sioux Falls. WTF UPS, throw me a bone.

My nephew's soul silver is shipped ... but from Delaware. I'm not sure how long it will take to get to Cali.

I'm now wishing I would have picked up Heart Gold as well and played it parallel to his Soul Silver game.

I had to come to this thread to see what was up with Amazon. It still says preparing for shipment but delivery on Wednesday. It looks like others are getting delays. I'm not going to die from waiting for this but I kinda wish they would have let me know yesterday that they were going to be experiencing issues so I could cancel and just buy it in a store. At least God of War 3 came today.

I'm with you on that, Treythalomew. I was just at Walmart yesterday and saw plenty of the game in stock. I don't know about the figurines, of course...

I'm not even really a Pokemon fan, but I entertained the thought of buying the other version of the game just so I wouldn't have to wait to begin playing. I'm okay as long as the game makes it's ETA. Judging by the tracking info, it may just make it to Washington from Tennessee in time for delivery tomorrow. No doubt on that, actually. Just... used... to... Fedex... having packages in my hands the day before the ETA.

Wow, just placed an order today after getting my GoWIII credit, 2 hours later it shipped. That's definitely the fastest turnaround I've had on an Amazon order.

Went with Soul Silver to save a dollar. Don't get why it's cheaper but hey, it made the choice of which version to get that much easier.

[quote name='Doomed']I'm in NE Ohio. I got FSSS. Shipped Saturday, came today with my XBL microphone.[/QUOTE]

nice mine also shipped saturday with FSSS..*crosses fingers* heres hoping today is the day! in central IL

I can't believe people who ordered it with FSSS got it before some of us with prime. No big deal I'll get it tomorrow, but that's odd.

My SS with the fig shipped yesterday and is coming today but GOW3 was shipped today (a day late) and I'm getting it tomorrow with release date delivery...... I didn't even get charged until today and it didn't switch to shipping soon till today.....

I know this isn't the GOW3 thread but I guess they're backed up or something since other things are being delayed a lil bit.

[quote name='USB Cable']My SS with the fig shipped yesterday and is coming today but GOW3 was shipped today (a day late) and I'm getting it tomorrow with release date delivery...... I didn't even get charged until today and it didn't switch to shipping soon till today.....

I know this isn't the GOW3 thread but I guess they're backed up or something since other things are being delayed a lil bit.[/QUOTE]

send them an email about it telling them how your upset at their RDD since you were supposed to get it today. it's practically a standard that they'll refund you $5 for compensation.

i ordered the silver version last night at around 10 PM, shipped out today with amazon prime 2 day shipping and expected to arrive tomorrow via UPS, NV to CA

[quote name='y2jasper']send them an email about it telling them how your upset at their RDD since you were supposed to get it today. it's practically a standard that they'll refund you $5 for compensation.[/QUOTE]
I did and got some money back but something awesomer happened! I just got my ss with the fig package and the box was empty..... Someone opened my shit because I noticed the label was ripped and the box was re taped..... I wish I answered the door and got this package......

[quote name='USB Cable']I did and got some money back but something awesomer happened! I just got my ss with the fig package and the box was empty..... Someone opened my shit because I noticed the label was ripped and the box was re taped..... I wish I answered the door and got this package......[/QUOTE]

thats really...awesome? damn that sucks, i guess time to call amazon again

bread's done
Back