Pokemon Y for $19.99 at Toys R Us on 12/6 -12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Gotta figure they might print a retraction on this, but you should be able to get a price match at other stores with the flyer.

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561290&PromotionID=95566&PromotionViewMode=1

If the link doesn't work, it's on Page 4 of the Friday and Saturday Ad.  

I'll be taking it to Best Buy in the morning for a price match.  

tru-pokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. I was looking for it in the ad. Do the online ones only appear on mobile? I was thinking of going downtown in the morning anyway for some stuff but I have a few papers to write.

I was denied this morning at 8:02am. A younger lady got a call as I asked for the games and was told there was a pricing error. She refused to sell at the ad price. I called corp. and got two Y's ordered at the $19.99 price. Called the store back later, talked to a manager, who apologized and gave me a $10 gift card tonight to honor the deal. A little hassle, but I still got it!

I'm gonna try to get one of these, but I don't think I will luck out. Going to call the wife and ask her to go to Walmart and PM it. TRU is an hour away, as are Target and Best Buy as well, so getting a physical ad or PMing at one of those two places is kind of out of the question. A quick google search tells me that Walmarts do not require the ad, but we all know how that works. I fully expect them to say they need the ad, for them to look up the item price on the site and refuse to look at the weekly ad, for them to call and TRU wind up being OOS, or something else to happen.

Although if it does work and it is painless for her, I will feel dumb that I didn't ask her to try to PM Fire Emblem from Best Buy there a couple days ago.

Went in last night, was able to get 2x Pokemon Y + gift card with very little trouble. They had no copies on shelf oddly...and a shipment in back to be sorted through "overnight"...luckily I found a warehouse employee who went back, grabbed me 2 copies, and even adjusted the price for me! After they immediately went to CS to report the price error so they would put up signage. Lucky for me, unlucky for those coming in today I guess...

Same deal for me at the TRU in Ahwatukee, AZ. They price matched the ad, but because it was an override they said they couldn't force a gift card so they would have to adjust another $10 off. Coupled that with the Amex 5$ credit and got 2 copies for around $27. Fantastic deal!
What crap. That's where they shot me down the first time. Wrong place wrong time .

I assume you mean in store they put up signs or something? So if I didn't know about this correction and wasted gas money and time going to get this deal what then? They could at the very least fix their online ad which still shows $19.99 with no correction notices in sight. How fucking lazy. I hope nobody was actually denied and if they were I hope they threw a fit and got the (still advertised) deal.
Doesn't matter under the law. I agree with you that the right thing for them to do would have been to honor their mistake (which apparently they did for many people), but they had no obligation to do so.

Went to TRU this morning and all copies of Pokemon Y had been pulled from the shelves. A sign on the front door said the $19.99 price was a mistake and that it wasn't being honored. I didn't complain because I was able to buy Halo Wars and Splinter Cell Conviction for $30 total and got the $10 gift card plus I exchanged the Star Wars Angry Birds I bought from their website for Nintendoland with absolutely no problem. I'm going to try the price match for Pokemon Y at Best Buy or Target since I now have a copy of the print ad. The gift cards can't be used for 6 hours until after time of purchase if that helps anyone.

I was able to get a $19.99 price match at Walmart for Pokemon Y WITH the Scizor code (despite the language on the box saying "Exclusive" which has stopped me from a PM of other games before), though I must have came at a rather busy time where the whole department was swamped.  I had a printed copy of the ad and the online version on my phone ready if they needed it.  I was polite, appreciative of the price match, and walked out the door in minutes.  YMMV, but no harm in trying.

I went to both of my local stores here in San Antonio, TX. The first, had a sign stating they wouldn't honor the price as it was an error. Seeing that I was almost discouraged from even setting foot into the second store, I went ahead with it anyway. Upon arriving to the second store, I immediately head to customer service just to see if they would honor that price or not. After a short wait, the girl at the counter smiled and said that they would gladly honor it and to head to electronics to purchase the games. On my way to electronics, I happened to find an ad laying on the ground in one of the aisles and picked it up on the off chance that someone still wanted to put up a fight. When I got to the 3DS games, I was happy to see that they had tons of Pokémon Y in stock. I waited in line to inform the cashier that I would be needing assistance. From that point I told the guy I needed 3 copies and proceeded to the register. He told me that he could give me a gift card for two of the games, I said that that was fine. Upon purchasing two, I had him ring up the next copy using the $10 card. He had no problem doing so! After all was said and done, he asked what I needed them for. At first, I almost said it was not his business, but told them it was for a friend and my nephews. Only part of that being true. I then walked out of that store with three copies for ~$55.

Either way, I'm pretty thrilled about my haul!

Picked up the ad at at TRU that had no Y on the shelves.  Went to WM and PM'd it there.  Going to price adjust a copy I got from BB and then try to exchange the Y for an X back at WM.  I don't need 2 Y's

Had no problems getting a price match at Target with the printed ad - though point out that it's in-store only because they'll try to check the website price.

Got 2 today at target, no problem with price matching.  Toysrus not honoring their own price mistakes, WTF!!!   Shaddy business BS!!

Actually price mistakes are great, so we can pricematch other stores.  Bring it on!!  HAHAA!!

I price matched at Target as well with another 5% discount with the red card. However I wasn't able to get the $10 dollar GC. I am assuming getting the GC isn't possible? 

I price matched at Target as well with another 5% discount with the red card. However I wasn't able to get the $10 dollar GC. I am assuming getting the GC isn't possible?
Highly unlikely if you're PMing at other retailers, but a few have posted getting the GC at TRU while also honoring the $19.99 price for Y (either buying two copies or another game listed for the offer).

Just got back from Best Buy.  I walked to the video games section where there was an elderly lady working who didn't know the difference between the 3DS and the Xbox 360 nor did she know where to find the 3DS games, even though that was her assigned section.  She kept asking another associate if she knew if they had Pokemon for the Xbox. :headache:  

The other associate was young enough to know what I was talking about, so she went to the back and got Pokemon Y, and they honored the $19.99 price.  The associate at the register asked if he could keep my ad so he could get a price match too, so I said what the hey.  

Also picked up a $10 PSN card for $9 and the Superman: Unbound special edition DVD for $4.99.  That was the first time I have set foot in a Best Buy store since June, and by the next time I go back into one, Pokemon will be available for the Xbox.  :oldman:

Just left TRU in Florence, KY. Only trouble I had was finding a physical ad in the store and wading through the huge crowd. Got an override easy as pie!

I went to walmart to PM. I got both the exclusive versions for both X and Y. At first the employee didn't want to gives the PM for X, so I just told the employee that I figured X would be 19.99 as well because they are counterparts. He was hesitating, but ultimately said he would allow it.

I was lucky to grab 2, store clerk told me it was a mistake in the flyer. But when I told him that the TRU online store shows the same price he told me I needed to show it to the manager if they said it was okay then I can get it for that price. 

Got Wal-Mart to price match the ad but they said I had to buy 2 games if I wanted it at that price.  I tried to explain to them that the ad clearly states that if you buy 2 games you get a $10 gift card and I didn't want a gift card, I just wanted to buy Pokemon Y for $19.99. The manager wouldn't budge and told me they'd only do it if I bought 2 games. Oh well, I bought 2 copies of Pokemon Y for $19.99 ea. I'll take it. lol

Got Wal-Mart to price match the ad but they said I had to buy 2 games if I wanted it at that price. I tried to explain to them that the ad clearly states that if you buy 2 games you get a $10 gift card and I didn't want a gift card, I just wanted to buy Pokemon Y for $19.99. The manager wouldn't budge and told me they'd only do it if I bought 2 games. Oh well, I bought 2 copies of Pokemon Y for $19.99 ea. I'll take it. lol
If I were you, I would just return the other copy. Not saying that you should do anything dishonest...

Got Wal-Mart to price match the ad but they said I had to buy 2 games if I wanted it at that price. I tried to explain to them that the ad clearly states that if you buy 2 games you get a $10 gift card and I didn't want a gift card, I just wanted to buy Pokemon Y for $19.99. The manager wouldn't budge and told me they'd only do it if I bought 2 games. Oh well, I bought 2 copies of Pokemon Y for $19.99 ea. I'll take it. lol
You should have asked for the gift card since that's what you get for buying two. lol

Just got back from Best Buy. I walked to the video games section where there was an elderly lady working who didn't know the difference between the 3DS and the Xbox 360 nor did she know where to find the 3DS games, even though that was her assigned section. She kept asking another associate if she knew if they had Pokemon for the Xbox. :headache:

The other associate was young enough to know what I was talking about, so she went to the back and got Pokemon Y, and they honored the $19.99 price. The associate at the register asked if he could keep my ad so he could get a price match too, so I said what the hey.

Also picked up a $10 PSN card for $9 and the Superman: Unbound special edition DVD for $4.99. That was the first time I have set foot in a Best Buy store since June, and by the next time I go back into one, Pokemon will be available for the Xbox. :oldman:
At least it's Bestbuy...Be kind as she's probably a seasonal worker needing the money.

Went to pre-order Gran Turismo 6, and the Gamestop clerk asked me what system I wanted that for...

Hmm, let me think...

Happy happy happy

TRU out of stock (big surprise)

BBuy pm'd the whole deal... $14.99 each .... for 2 ....

BBuy also had DW8 with coupon about $16

Walmart sucks again! Went in to get 2 copies of y with an online print out. Electronics manager said I needed a hard copy after customer service just told me te print out was good enough. Drove 15 min down the road to tru, got an add, and came back. Got the PM but not gift card.

Got 2 today at target, no problem with price matching. Toysrus not honoring their own price mistakes, WTF!!! Shaddy business BS!!

Actually price mistakes are great, so we can pricematch other stores. Bring it on!! HAHAA!!
Yeah! How dare they exercise their right to admit the error and say they can't honor it!

You should have asked for the gift card since that's what you get for buying two. lol
Yeah, they refused to do the $10 gift card....which was fine with me as long as they price matched the game. The nearest Toys R Us is about an hour from where I live, where as Wal-Mart is only 10min. So I didn't want to have to make the trek if I didn't have to. I'll probably just trade my extra copy for a game I want.

Hrmmm what to do with this TRU $10 gift card...
I was thinking about going back and exchanging my other game to get another 3DS game that's $40 (heavily leaning towards OOT if they have it) and use my $10 GC to cover the difference. I'm just not sure they'll allow it but might be worth a shot.

I was thinking about going back and exchanging my other game to get another 3DS game that's $40 (heavily leaning towards OOT if they have it) and use my $10 GC to cover the difference. I'm just not sure they'll allow it but might be worth a shot.
Would be best to get a gift reciept if you are considering exchanging it.

Many stores it will end up apples to apples exchange.

So which retailer is tending to give us the least problems price matching this? I'd only be able to show them the ad on my phone so hopefully that's ok.

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good idea. I still need OOT myself. The price is fair market at TRU luckily so wouldn't be a bad idea to use the 2nd copy+$10 gc as the down payment. I guess it's all a moot point because TRU will price match walmart/target/BB etc. online prices.

I've already stocked up heavy on first-party 3DS games already due to all these awesome sales and it's getting difficult. I already flipped and shipped my 2nd Pokemon Y copy on ebay for $1 less than retail so I can't do that lol, but good idea nonetheless.

I went to the games section and there was a sign on the shelf stating the price error. I went to the cust serv desk and nicely asked if they would honor their ad price. She did.

I went to TRU today expecting to be disappointed, but I walked out with two copies and a $10 dollar gift card. They even had the correction posted by the case, but the manager just shrugged and let the cashier ring me up at $20 each.

I price-matched yesterday at Target after classes, so I might just return that one. As for the second copy from TRU... perhaps I can exchange it for Link Between Worlds?

Got denied PM at Target. I brought a print out of the ad and they said I needed the physical ad itself.

Failed price matching at target. The lady searched it on her ipad and showed $39.99, but i said its on their weekly ad can you check that. She blatantly says no they are not allowed to do so. I didn't want to argue with her and left. I guess offto TRU

I assume you mean in store they put up signs or something? So if I didn't know about this correction and wasted gas money and time going to get this deal what then? They could at the very least fix their online ad which still shows $19.99 with no correction notices in sight. How fucking lazy. I hope nobody was actually denied and if they were I hope they threw a fit and got the (still advertised) deal.
You fully well know an ad retraction goes hand in hand with a misprint right? So going in trying to get the deal is ultimately your choice and gamble. Anything beyond that is just pure entitlement issues, which a lot of people on this site have. You win some you loose some, take it for what it is.

Either my eyes aren't working or I'm really daft.... but where in the ad linked from the OP shows the 19.99 price tag for pokemon?

EDIT: nvm... I found it.  Guess daft was the right word... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back