Pokemon Y for $19.99 at Toys R Us on 12/6 -12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Gotta figure they might print a retraction on this, but you should be able to get a price match at other stores with the flyer.

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561290&PromotionID=95566&PromotionViewMode=1

If the link doesn't work, it's on Page 4 of the Friday and Saturday Ad.  

I'll be taking it to Best Buy in the morning for a price match.  

tru-pokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Pokemon Y and Halo Wars. Had to get an override and was still able to get the gift card.

Good thing I arrived when they opened.

Any other good cheap game deals at TRU?

Too bad that angry birds star wars promo ended, would of loved to pick that up and dream team, and sell star wars making my dream team free.

God, why didn't I see this thread yesterday!?! I would have been all over this b/c I have been tasked for getting this for one of my wifes cousins. Would have made them happy and probably would have got lucky..damn! Hope to PM at Target or Best Buy in a few hours b/c a few of the TRUs here in town are now sold out..

Got the last copy at my store with Yoshi's Island for the $10 GC.  The guy did an instant markdown to make it work and surprisingly wasn't a hassle to get at all.  No signage up so not surprising they're not on the ball as usual.  Such a crap company so I don't mind taking advantage of them at all. ;)

TRU in Greensboro NC had three more copys. The lady at the register had to override the price. I did't get a 2nd game, but she said they have been giving the GC out as shown in the ad.

Don't try the TRU on Westheimer if you are in Houston, they have a message taped to the display case stating the misprint and that they will not honor the price.

Don't try the TRU on Westheimer if you are in Houston, they have a message taped to the display case stating the misprint and that they will not honor the price.
Lol I was there this morning. Saw the sign, took the ad and went to Best Buy. They price matched it no problem.

TRU agreed to give me one copy at the error price but I got shot down at Target cause they saw the gift card offer and just exploded.

Unfortunately for me the workers of Target and Best Buy are good at their jobs and don't price match limited time offers such as this. I wasn't going to get anything for myself for Christmas (26 months of unemployment, yay) but this looked like a nice last-second idea.

I was shut down when I went to Best Buy when they opened. They called Toys R Us to confirm and they told them about the error. I just went ahead and got the ad at Toys R Us and went to another Best Buy and price matched no problem.

Does anyone know if Best Buy will honor the price without a physical copy of the flyer? I would jump all over this deal, but none of my local papers carry the TRU ads.

I went to my Toys R Us and picked up 2 Pokemon Y and gave them to the cashier. I asked what the price was to make sure and she told me they were $39.99 each so i showed her the ad on my phone and she manually adjusted the price herself to $19.99 each. She told me i couldn't get the gift card because she had to adjust the price even though it said ANY game priced $14.99-$34.99 and Pokemon was listed as $19.99. I went to the Guest Service and asked the manager and she gave me the gift card.

This was at the Rego Park Mall Toys R Us

It pays to have a good relationship with the people at Customer Service at Best Buy as I handed them my phone with a copy of the ad and they did the price match without any issues.  

Glad that so many people are getting a chance to take advantage of the deal.  

Got a copy of Pokemon Y and the new Chima game for $43 with $10gc. Went directly after dropping my daughter off at school. The cashier needed to adjust the price to reflect the ad. She even asked if I wanted to get more than one copy, since it was such a good deal.

What page did you use on your phones? I can't seem to find the price on the phone because it keeps redirecting to the mobile version.
I typed in Toys R Us weekly ad on my phone and it was the first link which was the mobile version. I think its on page 4. Its the 2 day sale 12/6-12/7 ad.

Just got a Target price match at the guest services desk by showing the ad on my phone.  No fuss, no muss.  Woot!  

This is my first Pokemon game since the original blue one.  Looking forward to reliving my childhood  :whee:

fuck TRU. They had the "mistake" signs on the registers, and I was so close to getting 2 for $19.99 + the GC because the cashier I had was a new guy and was just really surprised at the price. So surprised that before he checked me out he wanted to make sure the price was correct and called his manager over and I got shot down. Oh well I happily took it over to BBY to give them my money. BBY wins again. They happily price matched and I got one copy for $20!

What page did you use on your phones? I can't seem to find the price on the phone because it keeps redirecting to the mobile version.
I've said this a few times, you can literally take a screenshot of the ad excerpt from the first page of this forum. I used the same exact thing to show them on my phone at my local target.

I got this price matched at Best Buy by printing the ad for my local (ish) TRU and then I checked out at the cell phone station because the girls there are always nicer.  Then, I took the game straight over to Walmart with my receipt from buying it full price last week (super pissed that I managed to grab the wrong copies of both X and Y with no dlc exclusives, my fault) and returned it for the full price.  I wish Walmart would have put it back on my credit card instead of giving me cash though.

I've never played a Pokemon game before, but I have to say this one is super addictive.

I don't know what part of Houston you're in but the Sugar Land TRU will honor one copy at error price.
HA! You're the man, when I was looking at the availability, I saw the one that I guess is in the mall show out of stock, so I was bummed, but that is where I'm headed now straight after work. Show to still have some as of this post. If they run out, then a quick double back to Target, if not there then down the road to Best Buy. I love living in Sugar Land b/c all the stores are so close together!

Just got back from Toys R Us in Newport News Virginia. I was the first person to be there all day asking about this, I got two copies approved with manager approval, the store was packed and he said it was easier to just ring them up for $30 instead of giving me a gift card. So, two copies of Y for $30 plus tax out the door. Hell yeah CAG.

I actually had to go to TRU to get a present for my niece and they had a ton of copies in stock even though the website said they were out. The cashier was aware of the ad and had no problem letting me buy 2 copies of the game for the $20 price AND and gave me the $10 gift card too. The Amex credit stacked as well. I'm glad Target refused to price match lol, this was a way better deal.

Now I'm just gonna trade in the second copy to Amazon and get my $20 back lol.

my walmart which is 30 miles away from the nearest toys r us pricematched no issues at all. the guy even asked if i wanted X instead.  i love when ymmv deals work out :D 

Went to the Minnetonka, MN Toys R Us. A guy was handing out the door buster ad when I walked in but I didn't need it. Another guy asked me what I was looking for. I simply said Pokemon. He grabbed Y without me saying a word, rang me up in the game section, applied the discount, and I was out the door in a few minutes.

I went to my Toys R Us and picked up 2 Pokemon Y and gave them to the cashier. I asked what the price was to make sure and she told me they were $39.99 each so i showed her the ad on my phone and she manually adjusted the price herself to $19.99 each. She told me i couldn't get the gift card because she had to adjust the price even though it said ANY game priced $14.99-$34.99 and Pokemon was listed as $19.99. I went to the Guest Service and asked the manager and she gave me the gift card.

This was at the Rego Park Mall Toys R Us
Thanks for mentioning the location. I will be trying that store layer today.

Went in store today (ToysRus) and did a return rebuy for x2 Pokemon y's because I figured they would sell out quick. The return went smooth, the rebuy not so much. They kept running up as 39.99 and not as the sale price and I showed them the ad and the csr was like "that's weird" and the manager came, said the same thing, and had to do a price override. Walked out of there with my two copies of Pokemon Y and a 10$ gc for ~40$.

TRU sold it to me $19.99 no problem, they acknowledged it was a misprint but as I was only buying one copy of the game they marked it down for me.

Went to the local Toys R Us and got two copies of Y no problem, and got the $10 gift card. Same with my brother but he had issues and still got it but they immediately applied the $10 gift card to it so he got two copies of Y for $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back