Pokemon Y for $19.99 at Toys R Us on 12/6 -12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Gotta figure they might print a retraction on this, but you should be able to get a price match at other stores with the flyer.

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561290&PromotionID=95566&PromotionViewMode=1

If the link doesn't work, it's on Page 4 of the Friday and Saturday Ad.  

I'll be taking it to Best Buy in the morning for a price match.  

tru-pokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two copies of y for a friend and I. Games rang up full price so they had to drop them down to 20. However because she had to do that the system wouldn't let her give me the gift card so she dropped each game by another 5. So got y for 15 each.

So, I called my TRU and asked about the 2 Day ad, the guy I was speaking to immediately denied the sale, but I convinced him to flip to page 4 nonetheless. There was a 5 second silence followed by, "Yeah, I see it here, but that is definitely a typo." 

I asked if they would still honor it, and he said, "unless we're told not to, yes we will honor whatever is on the ad."

I hope they don't find a way to fuck this up between now and 6 oclock when I get out of work hahaha

I can confirm that 

a. Pokemon X is not included

b. This ad is a misprint

I stopped at the TRU when they opened, I asked to grab 2 copies of pokemon y and about the sale in the 2 day flyer. They were not aware of the sale but had the flyer available. When scanned into the system they rang up for 39.99, they adjusted the price to 19.99 but it would not register the $10 gift card for some reason. So instead they voided the transaction and priced them at 14.99 instead to compensate, the giftcard then registered, so they gave me the gift card as well. They then put up a sign saying the flyer was an error and thanked me for bringing it to their attention.

Stopped by TRU on the way to work this morning. It rang up at regular price but when I showed the ad to the cashier she rang it up for the sale price.

Anyone manage to pricematch and get a gift card? Thinking of getting this but no TRU near me has it. Gonna have to hit up a Best Buy, Target or Walmart.

Glad that everyone is able to get them to match the ad.  I'll be stopping out around lunch time and hopefully they won't make any changes before then.  

Seems like a bait and switch to me. if they had really covered their tracks, they could have taken down the ad online and put up the correction notices before the store opened.

If the ad is still up I'll try to PM this and the Borderlands 2 Target deal at BB today.

Anyone manage to pricematch and get a gift card? Thinking of getting this but no TRU near me has it. Gonna have to hit up a Best Buy, Target or Walmart.
if you have a copy of the ad BEST BUY is the place to go . I even had them price match the walmart price glitches (did not know they were glitches at that time) of the pokemon x y and mario dream for 18 each

Seems like a bait and switch to me. if they had really covered their tracks, they could have taken down the ad online and put up the correction notices before the store opened.
Yeah seems like some BS, still good to know it's a misprint, was on the fence about it but I won't waste my time on a trip to TRU now.

Figured it was a misprint. I would go in and try to get it but by the time I am off work I'm sure there will be memos and signs and no one will honor it.

Doesn't hurt to try until someone says corporate sent out a notice. I'm gonna stop by after work and at least try to pick up the ad and price match it elsewhere if I can't get it at TRU.

Doesn't hurt to try until someone says corporate sent out a notice. I'm gonna stop by after work and at least try to pick up the ad and price match it elsewhere if I can't get it at TRU.
A notice has been sent to stores as of 9:30 est. Stores are to put out a disclaimer regarding the misprint.

I just bought 3 copies for $50. I bought 2 of them by showing them weekly ad. There were plenty of the ads within the store. Once I got the gift card I realized that I never shop at Toy"R"Us. So I walked back in and bought a third copy for $10.

if you have a copy of the ad BEST BUY is the place to go . I even had them price match the walmart price glitches (did not know they were glitches at that time) of the pokemon x y and mario dream for 18 each
yup did this earlier, strangely enough all copies of Y were missing from the shelf at TRU.....

I stopped in first thing at 8am, grief to buy 2 copies so I couldnt get the gift card since the are literally the same ad. But they coildnt give the price override and the gc. So I just grabbed a lone copy for myself.

Went @ 8am. Got 2 Pokemon Y's for $32 + $10 gift card! My store also rang up 2 pokemon Y's @ full price. Had to get like 3 employees over to electronics dept. They said they had to override the price and that may not give me the $10 gift card. They ended up giving me the option of reducing one of the two copies from 19.99 -> 9.99. I paid for both and then, what do you know?, the $10 gift card verified so woohoo! Thanks OP!

I managed to successfully buy 2 copies of Pokemon Y at my Toys R Us as well, but like others have mentioned earlier in this thread, the Weekly Ad was a misprint.  Initially both copies were ringing up at $39.99, but after mentioning specifically that the price in the Weekly Ad was $19.99 (even told them it was on page 4), they were nice enough to manually adjust the price of both copies to $19.99 each.  The $10 Promo Gift card still came out, so I was very grateful and thanked the two employees who helped me.

yeah this was a error in the ad, but they honored the price cause i was first to bring it to there attention. the sales  guy said he would put up a sign say that this was a error. so any one in philly that goes to the TRU on cottman AVE they are not doing the price honor no more. sorry for the people that wanted to go there

Haha, glad I went so early in the morning to pricematch; I bet if I had waited they'd have changed the price on the site.

Got it for $15 after using my $5 off $75 coupon at Target. Thanks OP

My plan at this point is to take my phone to Best Buy to show them the pricing and the Ad that way.  They should honor it, since on my phone, it shows that you can add it to your cart at the $19.99 price point.  (Once you do, it changes the price to $39.99.)  

Just left Toys R Us and they honored the $20 price, but wouldn't honor $10 GC or ring up for $15. Still good deal so I'm happy. Also should note online it said my store was out of stock, but they had atleast 15 copies in display.

I went at 10am they had 40 or so copies of Y compared to X which looked like maybe 5 in the display. The cashier rang it up for 39.99 and when I looked at the credit card display it said promo next to the price. She showed a coworker at the register next to her that when it says promo to look out for it as you'll have to adjust the price all day. She fixed the price without me mentioning or showing the ad and I left getting it for the $19.99 Sale price.

I just stopped by my TRU and got the deal.  I bought 6, but they only had 3 in store, so they ordered three more for me and are shipping them to the store.  I also got a 30 gift card, and they took of a couple of extra dollars for my trouble of them not having it in store.  They would have just given me three copies of X instead of Y, but they were completely sold out of X.

Had to do a manual adjust in San Diego. Told them after they had a total of $80 plus gift card.
In the end they charged $15 each and charged me $10 for the gift card. Not too bad

I guess I'll go in and try to get them to match their own ad but I usually have no luck with these kinds of things.

There was a sign up in electronics saying there was a price mistake and the guy back there saying that they couldn't honor it.  So I picked up a DI set and two claptrap toys that were on clearance and randomly asked the customer service counter.

She said she'd match it, so i went back, had the guy take 2 copies out, and matched it up front.  So don't give up!

How would I go about price-matching this at Target? Does TRU have print-ads at the store? Or should I just tell Target to look up the ad online?

How would I go about price-matching this at Target? Does TRU have print-ads at the store? Or should I just tell Target to look up the ad online?
Toyrus mobile site has the ad up. Use your phone and go to toysrus.com, click the weekly ad tab, search video games category, find the gift card deal and select it. It should bring up a picture of Scribblenauts but below that is a list of games and their online prices...Pokemon Y is listed as $19.99. Just picked up a copy at Target 30 minutes ago, even pricematched in electronics rather than having to go up front.

Good luck!

Toyrus mobile site has the ad up. Use your phone and go to toysrus.com, click the weekly ad tab, search video games category, find the gift card deal and select it. It should bring up a picture of Scribblenauts but below that is a list of games and their online prices...Pokemon Y is listed as $19.99. Just picked up a copy at Target 30 minutes ago, even pricematched in electronics rather than having to go up front.

Good luck!
Thanks, but I don't have a smart phone. What would my best option be?

I was there 2 min before opening, I got two, guy next to me got 1 and zelda, next guy got 2, and some dad heard us talking about the deal and got one too. I got mine, but needed a manager override.

I believe the other people got theres too but I was first and I left.

I was planning on returning 6 hours later with my GC to buy a 3rd copy.. but I saw how fast they were going asked to have one put on hold for me, was told no he cant.

After I bought my 2 I walked around the store, went back to check stock and all pokemon Y were gone, asked he said they were all sold out already (lol, they had like 15 copies).

Left.. came back 20 min later and magically those 15 copies were now in the display case with a printed sign saying they wont honor the price.

I was considering buying 3 copies all at once, and returning one later and rebuy it with my GC, if Id of done that Id of returned it for $20, try to rebuy and they tell me no now its $40 and id of been pissed lol.

Big thanks OP.

Keeping a copy for me, going to sell the other one. Net cost $13 for my copy + a free $10 gift card.

Just back from Best Buy.  They had no issue matching the price on Pokemon Y for $19.99..  Just pulled the ad up on my phone and showed them.

Tried to use the gift card I received from another store. Says there is a 6 hour delay - didn't work. Went into store and they removed all the pokemon y from view. Asked one of the employees and said there was a bunch in the back. Grabbed two. After ringing up and being the second person asking for the 50% off, he told the manager that it was a misprint. Still honored it and had to manually override.

Toysrus had no stock at that store online. I guess they knew what was happening all it comes down to is asking. Ads are at the cashier and customer service if you need to price match somewhere else.

GameStop is having a promo for trade in for $25 till 12.22.13 based on that thread.

I had a feeling this was going to be an error. I bought two copies of Pokemon Y yesterday at TRU for full price. I just got back from TRU I showed the girl at Customer Service my phone and said I just wanted a price match because it is in your two day ad that the game is only $19.99 she also looked it up in the ad and then had no problem price matching it but would not honor the $10 GC. I said that is fine I didn't complain and left with my refund.

Man all your Targets are nicer then mine. I had to fight tooth and nail with this girl at CS yesterday just to match Fire Emblem from Best Buy. She kept saying I need the physical ad,  Finally she gave in. 

I have some Target gift cards I haven't used, I figure I'll pricematch this and Fire Emblem at Target. That's already good enough for me, but do you guys think Target would match the $10 gift card when you buy 2 games as well, or most likely not? I don't do many pricematch deals so this sort of thing is new to me.
I was told when I PM'ed FE at Target that they don't match things like gift cards.

A pricemistake?  Nice going Toysrus, scamming people just to come into their stores and telling them it is a mistake and they won't honor the price.  That is shaddy.  Just for that I am going to my store today and return the deal with TMNT 3ds game and keep the free game.  If I get full credit, that's a good slap in their faces.

Got my price match through Target. She took a good 10 minutes trying to get her iPad to work, but in the end it didn't.

I'm wondering if it did, if she would have price matched. But she did, so the next step is hoping for a 3DS sale now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back