Pokemon Y for $19.99 at Toys R Us on 12/6 -12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Gotta figure they might print a retraction on this, but you should be able to get a price match at other stores with the flyer.

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561290&PromotionID=95566&PromotionViewMode=1

If the link doesn't work, it's on Page 4 of the Friday and Saturday Ad.  

I'll be taking it to Best Buy in the morning for a price match.  

tru-pokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, what's going on here? Fire Emblem $15, Pokemon $20; HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD? I guess I'm adding another game to my library of need-to-open-my-3DS.

Hmmm, need to find another 3DS game to get for the $10 GC too. . .
Nintendo is trying to conquer the holidays I'm assuming. Pretty sure these games will return to their retail price and stay there for most of next year

OK, what's going on here? Fire Emblem $15, Pokemon $20; HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD? I guess I'm adding another game to my library of need-to-open-my-3DS.

Yeah I keep buying games for the 3DS... I haven't even opened EITHER of the 3DS XL's... 1 is the Pokemon X Limited edition one, the other is a plain red that I got for $150 on black friday... tryed to find the zelda, was unsuccessful... The debate remains which to actually open... I am well into the double digits of 3DS games x.x...

I'm amazed at the number of people who want both games, unless one copy is for someone else I don't really see the point.
I just collect Pokemon games, it's always been a nostalgic series for me. I don't have anywhere near the same amount of time to spend on it like I had in elementary school but it is what it is. I have the original Red and Blue games in their original boxes on display because it was a huge chunk of my childhood and some great memories with great friends are attached to them.

Also, Pokemon games hold their value incredibly well. When you can get a brand new copy of one for $20, I gotta jump on that. If I ever really need the money or something, I'm more than certain I can sell it and get my money back and then some if I must. Can't lose.

How the heck did X outsell Y by that much? I was waiting to grab one once they got a tad cheaper, but I had planned on Y anyway...

Picked up two of Pokemon Y to make an easy return rebuy tomorrow.. Gonna try to make them apply the 10$ to the purchase.

Out of stock at my store, so price match is unlikely.

I'm amazed at the number of people who want both games, unless one copy is for someone else I don't really see the point.
My friend has both. He bought x on launch which is his main game. He uses y to replay the story and trade pokemon to his main game. Not for everybody but its a great marketing gimmick by Nintendo to get people to buy the same game twice.

Knew my daughter should have bought X instead of Y first.  As for why Pokemon X would outsell Pokemon Y...because the name just sounds cooler IMHO.  Racer X...Agent X...Professor X.  Professor Y would never have cut it.  :lol:

Anyone have any suggestions on what other 3DS game to buy along with Pokemon Y to get the 10$ giftcard? Is getting Scribblenauts Unlimited on the 3DS worth it if I already have it on the Wii U? Also, does this sale last all day? Or is it some sort of door buster?

Okay it's obvious "in store only" means Pokemon Y is $19.99 in store and full price ($39.99) online. I'm also assuming you'd get charged full retail price if you were to buy the game online between Dec 6th/7th and choose "pick-up at store" option? Although I don't personally want to try this, I'm wondering if buying the game online for 39.99 tonight and going to CS to get the 19.99 refund difference would work?

Reading the TRU 2-day sale ad a little closer makes it sound like the only thing "in-store only" is the whole $10 gift card deal, not the reduced game prices. Just my 2 cents.

got a 1 day ad for next week - didn't find any 2 day one in the advertisements.

went I checked on Tuesday, only saw X even in the spot for Y (two spots with 6-10 games each).  earlier today, all those X's were replaced with more Y's (filled the two spots).  also noticed ALBW was restocked when there were only like 6 copies I saw on Tuesday. 

As someone else mentioned, I don't recall seeing Fire Emblem Awakening at the store even around release.

Dang. The 3DS sales just aren't stoppin'.

edit: Yeah, like I mentioned I never saw a copy of Fire Emblem when I went for Zelda on release. I even asked to check for them and the associate said they didn't have any. Since it's not online or in store, I believe they never carried Fire Emblem@TRU [the selection is really limited].

Anyone have any suggestions on what other 3DS game to buy along with Pokemon Y to get the 10$ giftcard? Is getting Scribblenauts Unlimited on the 3DS worth it if I already have it on the Wii U? Also, does this sale last all day? Or is it some sort of door buster?
Well, if nothing calls to you Amazon takes Pokemon Y for trade in for $20.10 so you could just buy two, trade the other in, and break even.

Got Target to price match this today, just showed them the clip from the ad. What a great month to have a 3DS. Zelda 3DSXL for 149, FE: Awakening for 15 and now this. 

Got Target to price match this today, just showed them the clip from the ad. What a great month to have a 3DS. Zelda 3DSXL for 149, FE: Awakening for 15 and now this.
They looked up the BB price of FE on the tablet at my Target...could I just tell them to pull up the TRU ad or something? Still gonna try TRU after work first doe...try to get that $10 GC!

They looked up the BB price of FE on the tablet at my Target...could I just tell them to pull up the TRU ad or something? Still gonna try TRU after work first doe...try to get that $10 GC!
I just showed them the screenshot I took on here from my phone. they have a tablet they use but I guess it was enough for them. I've had some luck at walmart too.

where do you get this ad? I want to PM at BBY, but would need a print ad since TRU usually doesn't have prices right on their site. I checked yesterdays paper but didn't see any. Are the ads in store?

How do you ask for a Price Match? I'm not sure if I should ask some behind the counter in electronics or what do I do if there isn't someone there?

I have some Target gift cards I haven't used, I figure I'll pricematch this and Fire Emblem at Target.  That's already good enough for me, but do you guys think Target would match the $10 gift card when you buy 2 games as well, or most likely not?  I don't do many pricematch deals so this sort of thing is new to me.

How do you ask for a Price Match? I'm not sure if I should ask some behind the counter in electronics or what do I do if there isn't someone there?
Get the guy to grab the game for you and tell him that you want to price match you and he'll put in a "theft proof" case for you to walk down to Guest Services for price matching.

where do you get this ad? I want to PM at BBY, but would need a print ad since TRU usually doesn't have prices right on their site. I checked yesterdays paper but didn't see any. Are the ads in store?
I'm not sure, I'd like to know too. I didn't get any TRU ads in my paper today and I went to the one by my house and they didn't have the door buster ads either.

Get the guy to grab the game for you and tell him that you want to price match you and he'll put in a "theft proof" case for you to walk down to Guest Services for price matching.
Thank you. That was very helpful. And then I just tell them I want a price match at Guest Service.

Dang. The 3DS sales just aren't stoppin'.

edit: Yeah, like I mentioned I never saw a copy of Fire Emblem when I went for Zelda on release. I even asked to check for them and the associate said they didn't have any. Since it's not online or in store, I believe they never carried Fire Emblem@TRU [the selection is really limited].
I got mine at TRU, and there's two copies there even now.

I'm not sure, I'd like to know too. I didn't get any TRU ads in my paper today and I went to the one by my house and they didn't have the door buster ads either.
yea never got an answer... so f it i set it for store pickup tonight for 40 buks. Ill just return rebuy it tomorow morning or get one if they have extras in store. Id prefer PMing to BBY but it wlll probably be too much of a hassle

Fire Emblem for $15, you say? Where? How? : o

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back