Pokemon Y for $19.99 at Toys R Us on 12/6 -12/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Gotta figure they might print a retraction on this, but you should be able to get a price match at other stores with the flyer.

http://weeklyad.toysrus.com/ToysRUs/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2561290&PromotionID=95566&PromotionViewMode=1

If the link doesn't work, it's on Page 4 of the Friday and Saturday Ad.  

I'll be taking it to Best Buy in the morning for a price match.  

tru-pokemon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Pokemon X on sale for 19.99 too? Not sure what is the difference between the two, but I might want to pick up one of each for the kids if they both are priced the same.
The difference between the two are exclusive pokemon in each version (including the legendary which you see on the box) and exclusive stones for mega evolutions.

Kinda odd that Y is only $19.99......they had to go do that eh? Make the version I want still $40 xD.

dang, just checked my local TRU aaaand they're OOS on both X & Y. Think I'll have a chance PM at Target? I'm assuming Wal-Mart won't do it since it's an online ad.

I see that my store has them in stock. Can I just buy two copies today and then go back tomorrow and show them the ad and have them price adjust and give me the gift card?

dang, just checked my local TRU aaaand they're OOS on both X & Y. Think I'll have a chance PM at Target? I'm assuming Wal-Mart won't do it since it's an online ad.
I went out to my local TRU to get the 30% off accessory deals last night and they were stocking a TON of Y's. He had at least 30 or 40 in the cabinet by the time I left.

I see that my store has them in stock. Can I just buy two copies today and then go back tomorrow and show them the ad and have them price adjust and give me the gift card?
As long as they don't do a correction notice for the price, then you should be able to.

Edit: Damn.. Sorry for the double post. Gotta keep using that multi-quote.

Heres the thing... I think this is actually legit! I mean when you click the little section of the ad, it lists the games and the prices, and lets you go to the details and such, and it is still priced at $19.99. It might be because X seems to be the more popular of the two and they wanna even it out so to speak, and also most people already bought it and they wanna cash in the last push of sales before Christmas. But I think this isn't a misprint, we will find out tomorrow regardless, but awesome if it is legit.

I don't even have a 3DS of my own (my kids have one), and I've never played a pokemon game, nor really ever been that interested in it, and yet I find myself tempted by this deal. If I buy 2 copies I get a gift card and then can sell the extra. Probably make a small profit and get to try Pokemon. Hmm.

UC represent.

My ad looked different at first. But if I scrolled through the ad at the end was a "2 more offers" and one of them was a 2 day sale, on page 3 it had the pokemon Y for $20. At least my current 98383 zip code does.
Ok I found it, turns out It wasn't showing up because I was viewing from my iPad and it doesn't show up there. FYI, if you are looking for the 2-day ad, use a PC.

Thanks for the heads up!

The past two Pokemon games have had a $20 sale a couple months after release. It's always how I've bought them: buy the version I want to use as my main game at launch, then a couple months later Best Buy puts them on sale for  $20 and I get the other one. Usually the Best Buy copies go on sale after the Pokemon Giveaway mentioned in the instruction manual is no longer valid. On that note, if you get the game, be sure to get the giveaway Pokemon (a Torchic with Blazikenite) before January 15th

Might have to try price matching at Target or Walmart. Will they price match an ad off my phone?

Might have to try price matching at Target or Walmart. Will they price match an ad off my phone?
Target, yes. Walmart, no*.

*unless by some astronomically low chance you get a cashier/CS rep that both a. has the authority to do a pricematch and b. is completely clueless on Walmart's policies. Don't count on it by any means.

I just got the physical ad in the weekly doorstep ad bag. It looks legit, but I hope there isn't a price correction notice tomorrow. Guess I'll go for a Pm if a notice is up.

Thanks OP! I can finally get my gf Pokemon Y for a pretty good price! Maybe I'll go ahead and get 2 of them so I can get the $10 gift card.

I dont think its getting retracted it seems like a legit deal. Sure its low but they probably broke even already on the games the corporation as a whole had originally purchased so they probably are looking to just make a quick profit to put a smile on the investors face.

I bet they bought these games for $20 bucks originally anyway from Nintendo so its profit for them here on out if they broke even.

Can't this stack with the $5 back for $20 Amex? Buy two with two separate cards: $40 - $10 statement credit - $10 gift card
The Amex TRU credit is $5 off $25 and you can only use it once, so it's not a $10 credit afaik. But I don't see why it wouldn't stack.

All but one of the TRU's near me are out of stock of Pokemon Y. I'll probably do an in-store pick up order of two copies of the game and return/re-buy them at the store tomorrow.

The 2 day stand alone.
Only weekly ad came with Sunday paper.

edit:nvm

I just got the physical ad in the weekly doorstep ad bag. It looks legit, but I hope there isn't a price correction notice tomorrow. Guess I'll go for a Pm if a notice is up.
I guess I'll have to wait for that. May have to PM as TRU only had X when I went earlier. Then again this might be a misprint.

I have X already so I'm planning on picking Y up. Hopefully they have both for sale since I know a friend who'd like X and that $10 gift car would be nice for some other pickups.

I already have X, so may have to pick up Y for that price.

Thanks OP, TRU has been killing it lately with the deals. I haven't been to TRU so much in one week in my life.

Definitely picking this up. Already had X, and I planned on getting Y sometime and this deal is perfect for it! Is this deal showing up on the ads in the store? I may go there sometime today to pick up an ad so I can just go into BBY tomorrow and PM.

Lol dang it, I was hoping it was X as well as my brother has Y and we always do the opposites of each other. I guess this may be the first since X isn't eligible, clarification anyone :D

Are people going to really keep asking the "Is Pokemon X included in the sale as well?" question over and over again? If there's only one SKU under the game then I think it's easy to just assume it'll be Y and no X.

The local toys r us said they didn't have any copies of the 2 day ad yet.  But all the toys r us near by are sold out of Pokémon Y anyway, so I need that ad to have a chance to pricematch.  The employees at nearby stores rarely can handle looking at a phone.

The local toys r us said they didn't have any copies of the 2 day ad yet. But all the toys r us near by are sold out of Pokémon Y anyway, so I need that ad to have a chance to pricematch. The employees at nearby stores rarely can handle looking at a phone.
You may want to check again tomorrow. At the two TRU locations closest to me at lunch today, they restocked Y while X was still sold out. I have a feeling this is a legit promo as they seem to be restocking to accomodate it.

Heres the thing... I think this is actually legit! I mean when you click the little section of the ad, it lists the games and the prices, and lets you go to the details and such, and it is still priced at $19.99. It might be because X seems to be the more popular of the two and they wanna even it out so to speak, and also most people already bought it and they wanna cash in the last push of sales before Christmas. But I think this isn't a misprint, we will find out tomorrow regardless, but awesome if it is legit.
I think it's going on sale for the basic same reason. In NPD X outsold Y buy 3/2, so why not put Y on sale. I'm sure that Nintendo made the same amount of carts. Why not put a special on Y to get people in the door.

OK, what's going on here?  Fire Emblem $15, Pokemon $20; HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?  I guess I'm adding another game to my library of need-to-open-my-3DS.

Hmmm, need to find another 3DS game to get for the $10 GC too. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back