Post your MGO name here. UPDATE: Server, Room and Password info added.

MAMES

hopefully I'll be on this weekend.

What server is everyone using?

someonetookster

IM me on AIM if you want to play a game or two at napsterhatesyou. I'm probably not going to be online tonight though. I have hella homework still to do.

[quote name='Odenat']I just bought this game tonight anyone up for teaching me whatever you learned so far?[/quote]

NO! :D Just read the manual, it has a plethora of information.

Select lets you talk while online, and it also gets you killed fast. Running and pressing X makes you dive and is a good defense when in close combat. It also looks damn cool flipping off of a ledge and landing on the ground. Don't camp, and teamkill as much as possible.

I agree with a CAG dedicated server. I would, but I have a bad connection when hosting.

This week for me is actually an easy week. I have pretty much no homework, so today I clocked in about 3 hours. I'm on my way to 50 (yes, I have no life)!

I say we play on the NINJA server.

[quote name='ster']I agree with a CAG dedicated server. I would, but I have a bad connection when hosting.

This week for me is actually an easy week. I have pretty much no homework, so today I clocked in about 3 hours. I'm on my way to 50 (yes, I have no life)!

I say we play on the NINJA server.[/quote]

NINJA server sounds good to me as long as it doesn't fall apart like Socom 3 did on CAG

Whenever I play (handle: WebScud) I run a host on Snake called "[CAG] Capture". Here's a break down of the rules:

• GRU Soilders with Rowdy Reiko vs Ocelots with Reiko Hinomoto
  • Round time limit set to 15 minutes
  • 10 Goals wins match
  • Maps: rotation of Killhouses A, B, C
  • No weapon restrictions
  • Friendly Fire is on
  • 4 team kills will earn you an auto-kick
Now, I have some general rules/guidlines that you should play buy if you want to play a game I'm hosting. In general, I think it's just good MGO conduct. I will kick you if you do any of this intentionally and/or repeatedly.

• Be responsible with the shotgun. Blind shots can hurt or possilby kill your teamates. Accidents happen. Just make sure you know where you're aiming.
  • When the Rumble Rose's woman on your team is pulling off her special move ("Sunrise Suplex") do not shot at them or enemy. This causes unessasry team damage to the person perfoming the move.
  • Do not steal people's stun kills. Frequently I will pull off a "Sunrise Suplex" only to have a teamate standing next to me kill the person I just stunned. I do not care if your are Hideo himself -- I'll kick you without remorse for this.
  • Spawn camping. Do I need to say it? It's wrong. But in close quater maps like these it cannot be helped. So, here's the deal: if I see you chilling in a corner with your sights on a spawn point you will be booted. However, if you're moving around and happen upon someone that just spawned you have my permission to kill them. Why you ask? Spawn killing. (When you spawn behind an enemy for an easy kill.) It happens a lot in MGO. What goes around comes around.
  • This is more of a statement...shotguns are for bitches. They're cheap. I won't kick you for using a shotgun (unless you're hurting/killing teamates). I just wanted to let you know. Using them is cheap. And you're a bitch. ;)
If I am on the opposing team and someone is doing any of the above send a "all player chat message" that says "KICK HANDLE" and I will kick them. I'll take your word on this since I can't monitor opposing forces. I just want to host a friendly and fun environment. I have no problem kicking people that hinder that.

Hope to see you in there!

:speaktothehand: Too many rules there Webscud. I play MGO to have some fun not to have follow fifty million rules just so I won't get booted.

I have team killed twice, once was on accident. The other time is when the host booted me for killing him a lot(opposing team), so I went back on and team killed his ass. :D If you are going to have FF on and play in the KHs, why in the hell would you boot someone? Seriously that is total bullshit. Take the most frantic and crazy maps of the online game and give it a team kill limit? If it was on a more open map yeah, I could see that, but the kill houses are just too small not to kill your own teammate. I agree, too many rules.

[quote name='jasonlives13']:speaktothehand: Too many rules there Webscud. I play MGO to have some fun not to have follow fifty million rules just so I won't get booted.[/quote]

They boil down to no spawn camping, don't shoot your teamates, and don't steal stun kills. What's hard to follow about those? I was just trying to be detailed. That's how MGO should be played anyway, no?

[quote name='Kendal']I have team killed twice, once was on accident. The other time is when the host booted me for killing him a lot(opposing team), so I went back on and team killed his ass. :D If you are going to have FF on and play in the KHs, why in the hell would you boot someone? Seriously that is total bullshit. Take the most frantic and crazy maps of the online game and give it a team kill limit? If it was on a more open map yeah, I could see that, but the kill houses are just too small not to kill your own teammate. I agree, too many rules.[/quote]
Team kills are set to auto-kick to prevent jackasses from, well, team killing. You have to kill four people in one round to get booted. NOT four a match. There are so many rounds in one match you could have a 30 team kills if you had three per round during a straight sweep. How is that rule bad? You want more team killing that that?

I don't see what the big deal is about Spawn Camping (not that I personally do it; I get bored)...it seems like it's easy enough to avoid death when you spawn, and if anyone stays in one spot for too long in this game, they're dead.

And if you think Shotguns are for losers, you clearly don't know how to handle people that use them. Sure, they're annoying in close-quarters, but put only a few feet between you and them and fire your gun as you move backwards...they'll try to close the gap, their gun will be useless, and you'll kill them every time.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I don't see what the big deal is about Spawn Camping (not that I personally do it; I get bored)...it seems like it's easy enough to avoid death when you spawn, and if anyone stays in one spot for too long in this game, they're dead.

And if you think Shotguns are for losers, you clearly don't know how to handle people that use them. Sure, they're annoying in close-quarters, but put only a few feet between you and them and fire your gun as you move backwards...they'll try to close the gap, their gun will be useless, and you'll kill them every time.[/quote]

Shotguns are for pussies, and what do we do to pussies? We fuck them.

Shit, if the shotgun is available why not use it? That's like hating one someone that uses grenades or the AK47 all the time. Same difference.

[quote name='jasonlives13']Shit, if the shotgun is available why not use it? That's like hating one someone that uses grenades or the AK47 all the time. Same difference.[/quote]

Those aren't bitch weapons though. The shotgun is cheap and requires no skill at all.

[quote name='Kendal']Those aren't bitch weapons though. The shotgun is cheap and requires no skill at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but the shotgun is only good at close range and then there's the reloading time so I think it balances out.

On another note check this out:

060320.jpg

I don't know guys- Ninja is one of the more used servers. For some reason Snake and Liquid are jam packed with ridiculous amounts of people. Ocelot, Ninja, Olga and Outer Heaven are used by gamefaqs and various other boards. Penny Arcade rolls on MeiLing. I think it's much easier to choose one server, one common password and stick with them. That way anyone in the know can join up easily and a$$hats can't get in. I'm looking to play some tonight so if there's a CAG server running- I'm in.

[quote name='bluenatas09']anyone online?[/QUOTE]
I am on the WOLF server right now. I'm hosting the CHEAPASSGAMER game and the password is DIEHARD.

I'm sure I'll probably get my ass whooped since I haven't had a chance to play that much. Maybe we could also make it standard so that everyone know where to go.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']name is StarTropics[/quote]
Tropics send me a friends invite Odenat (same as Socom 3) Hopefully this game will fair better than S3 on CAG.

[quote name='ShimSham']No, they don't have to be online. Basically anywhere you can find a player list you can add people. Go to the ranking system and you can add people there I believe.

However your friends list can only hold 16 people which is pretty terrible, but if you can get most of your friends to agree to play in one server that isn't Snake or Liquid then you won't have much trouble finding them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do have to be online. And no, you can't add players from the rankings list. I know you can add players from the host list, but other than that, the other person has to be online when you search for their tag.

I wanna play with people who will do at least 2 things:

A. Listen to the officer of the round, and follow orders. (You'll get your turn)

B. Has a mic.

If you can handle these 2 simple tasks, I'll be on the Ninja Server tonight at 2100 hours... (lol, 9pm)

I think the game is the most fun when you win, and you only win when you dont have 4 charlies and zetas crossing the field. Stay together, stay organized... win every round. Who wants to dominate?

PM me. My character's name is "Mookyjooky"

[quote name='Socheata']Yes, they do have to be online. And no, you can't add players from the rankings list. I know you can add players from the host list, but other than that, the other person has to be online when you search for their tag.[/QUOTE]
Then what's this?

Also, I've got to warn people not to play in a game with a player named ABU. He's a team killer and from what I've seen, he hosts games so he can't be kicked from them. If people complain he boots them. He did this last night while I was watching my roommate play some. He's probably 13 years old or so because he called people gay over his radio and some other stupid shit he wrote. He also uses a shotgun, so it's easier to know when he's coming after you. I advised my roommate to put him on his blacklist, but he wasn't able to for some reason.

Also, I got in this weird game that seemed way too coincidental to have been a fair game. My roommate and I were on the same team and when we'd come back after being killed, we'd die for no reason one or two times in a row before we were able to be killed that quickly. This happen 2 or 3 times, which accounted for a lot of our ticket losses. When we'd finally attack the other team, they could shoot us half as quick as normal without headshots or other techniques I've seen. We lost 31 to 0 with I believe 40 or 50 tickets to start. It was way too easy of a win for them, regardless of skill differences. I didn't know what the hell was going on, but when things didn't really change the next round, we quit.

Because the organizer is lazy :)

[CAG Name] = [MGO Name]
Odenat = Odenat
Snotnose_colossal = StarTropics
jasonlives13 = (!)
Mr. Anderson = SamuraiFez
danny-o = Panzerfaust
yashiroae86 = FOX832
ster = someonetookster
Chacrana = Chacranajxy
Apossum = MAMES
ValkyrieVF-1S = ValkyrieVF-1S
Mookyjooky = Mookyjooky
2Fast = RussianGunship
MrWazeleski = mrwazeleski
whiteboy = ak47sbc
Radioactive_Man = Radioactive Man
jfunkdpg = JFunk
darth007 = Matisyahu007
bluenatas09 = Bluenatas
pete5883 = Tuff One
TheRock88 = TheRock88
Jonny Polychronopoulos = [PA]ANTIBODIES
dpatel = DPatel304
Francis = Francis
ShimSham = [PA] ShimSham
flybrione = BigMes
basketkase543 = Basketkase543
King = CheekyFox
FriskyTanuki = SolidTanuki
Kendal = [CAG]BATOU81
Blind the Thief = Calorie Mate
WebScud = WebScud
b0bx13 = b0bx13
JEKKI = JEKKI
dyreschlock = DYRE
swetooth9 = [CAG] a crispy donut
ramensoldier = Mister France
redgopher = gopher

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']damn no mic, so i guess i won't be able to join... :([/QUOTE]same, plus I gotta do laundry.

and isnt 9pm eastern 6pm pacific, not 5?!?!

bread's done
Back