Post your MGO name here. UPDATE: Server, Room and Password info added.

I wish I could start games...I have been playing alot and Its one of the finest online games Ive played. I am too lazy to look, but what ports can I open to get the ability to create games? (And how do I open them)

And also...do we have a special emptyish server where we can meet with a server name and PW?

Dude I feel you Mooky- like 5 of my 60 some Penny Arcade guys and none of the CAGs are ever on. I usually end up playing with the Gamefqs guys on OLGA server just for people to play with.

WHAT IS THE DAMN PASSWORD TO YOUR ROOM CULEBRA?!?!? I see you on MeiLing with the room- perfect but I've tried like ten passwords to no avail.

[quote name='danny-o']I wish I could start games...I have been playing alot and Its one of the finest online games Ive played. I am too lazy to look, but what ports can I open to get the ability to create games? (And how do I open them)

And also...do we have a special emptyish server where we can meet with a server name and PW?[/QUOTE]

CHECK THE FIRST POST DUDER!! Also there's a faq about port opening at the FAQ section of MGS3:Sub at Gamefaqs. Tells you exactly which ones.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Dude I feel you Mooky- like 5 of my 60 some Penny Arcade guys and none of the CAGs are ever on. I usually end up playing with the Gamefqs guys on OLGA server just for people to play with.

WHAT IS THE DAMN PASSWORD TO YOUR ROOM CULEBRA?!?!? I see you on MeiLing with the room- perfect but I've tried like ten passwords to no avail.[/QUOTE]

CHEAPYD is the password. I'll create it again just to be sure.
Yup that's it alright.

The reason I haven't been playing is because I'm working my way through the game first (never played it the first time around) and because of Oblivion and GRAW. But I'm pretty close to finishing the game so I'll probably be getting online more often.

Yea see thats why i hate to be lacking in good people and have to open the room to the public with no accountability. Something fishy was definitely going down there- respawning items, dead bodies remaining on field, invisble dudes killing me, not setting off mines... he was too stupid to do it right tho and get some stab kills so he had to get headshots. The CAG team still managed to put them all away in the end though.

Good times though, hopefully PA will be back up tomorrow so we can all rally in one room or something. If not the gamefaqs rooms on OLGA arent bad at all. They always have like 3 going. Just check MEILING AND OLGA servers for our people on Check Players list.

hey ill be on the outer heaven server the password will be cheapyd the room will be cag i should be on in the next hour so anyone wanna play?

Sorry guys, I'm right in the middle of my semester and my workload is definitely taking a tole on my sanitiy. Hopefully I'll find some time later this week to play a bit.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Man, there is no way I can stay up and play till 1am with you guys... lol.[/QUOTE]

I told myself that, but I haven't gone to bed before 1:30am since the game came out. *yawn*

OK!!!! I can now host games!!!
whenever I play I will be on the MeiLing server with a cagish server name and the PW will be cheapyd. I have alot of homework to do now so I will be playing alot tommorow night.

The cag server is up on Meiling now. I have stuff do do and Im a spectator and wont be playing but anyone who wants to join is welcome. PW cheapyd. Hopefully the idle kick doesnt apply to the host.

Get in there and fight!!! Entertain me while I type my reports! I might jump in just to kick your asses occasionally as well.

EDIT: I took out the pw protect for now so anyone can join.

I didn't see anyone online and for some reason I can't create games tonight so I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Didn't see it unless you have some super generic name I didn't recognise. A few friends and I have been tooling around on OLGA most of the night. Not a bad place at all.

Well I waited for a good 3 hours and by 10:30 and no one showing up, I just moved to Snake and hosted a few rounds there.

I will host again on Meiling again tonight starting at 6:30 and If I have to leave I will go to spectate.

i was on last night at around 1 AM Eastern...didnt see any cags in the Meiling one...so i went to the GFAQs one in Olga...i got a little better than last time, but i'm thinkint it was luck...i still suck horribly

I just had the best game. Vs 2 guys in tdm and I had a 17 kill streak. I didnt die once (except for some asshole joining and tking me before i booted him, but that death didnt count on the streak record.) But anyway, this guy was so clueless, not bad at the controls or anything, but I could hide in a box and get him everytime.

It was like a cartoon. I would follow him around in the box and get closer each time he turned his back, he would see the box getting closer but didnt figure it out, until I was right behind him and surprised him. There were even times he would turn around and my box would be settling down on the ground and he didnt notice. What made it better was that Sokolov was kicking Ocelots ass with a heavy machine gun.

From now on just hit up the OLGA server- it actually sees some traffic but its not bogged down with teamkillers, glitchers and idiots like SNake or Liquid. Any of the Gamefaqs rooms are good times and most the PA guys hang in there too. I've been on there every night this past week.

This is somewhat off topic but are there any CAGs who go to IU Bloomington and live in on-campus housing who can play MGO? I'm having trouble connecting and the tech people tell me that certain port ranges are blocked and that I can only 'guess and check' so I was wondering if anyone had gotten it up and running.

Thanx in advance.

Most campuses have a pretty darn hefty firewall to prevent you from tapping their massive bandwidth or something so I doubt you can host until you forward your ports or DMZ to find a way around it. I can't host myself so I leave it to my friends- there's always good rooms going in OLGA.

I went to Taylor U in Upland, IN by Muncie and Marion but I doubt you'll find any going to your specific school to drop in and do it for you.

I haven't been online really since I got KH2, but once I beat it, I'll be back.

My SN is UncleGuito/LLJK (yes, the somethingawful clan). I'm a HOUND rank I guess, like 900/550 kill/death or something. I really love online Metal Gear though.

asianxcore

finally got my network adapter installed today. I went and tried it out as a spectator in one of the games, so I assume it works.

I played MGO with some friends and it was annoying getting kicked, at least that's what it seemed like was happening, a few rounds into any game we joined. The best part of the night was being left alone in a room after everyone else, along with the host somehow, and just messing around by knocking each other out and dragging the body around and anything else we could think of.

It's really fucking annoying that every single person I know that plays the game can't make a game and that there's no way to remedy it. If only Konami didn't create the online mode to be so fucking anal about UDP ports.

It makes me sad that I have to restart in a week and a half. I'm using my roomate's friends PS2 and (accidentaly) memory card for this. Can you transfer a file via memory card? I just became a Hound and all that time down the drain...btw, I'm Liquid Cake on the game lol

[quote name='suko_32']It makes me sad that I have to restart in a week and a half. I'm using my roomate's friends PS2 and (accidentaly) memory card for this. Can you transfer a file via memory card? I just became a Hound and all that time down the drain...btw, I'm Liquid Cake on the game lol[/QUOTE]
If I'm reading you correctly, you're talking about transferring files between memory cards? As long as there's no MGS3:S online profile on the memory card you're transfering it to, it's fine.

Yea- your account is attatched to your memory card, just copy it to a card with no account and you're good to go. I just made HOUnd myself. Finally racked up enough stuns and headshots to boost my kill/death ratio to 1.3, now I'm shooting for DOB which shouldn't be too much of a problem. And I'm too much of a team player to achieve CROc.

Playing on Snake server will net you so many kills after you've trained your skills on OLGA.

[quote name='yukine']Anyone still play this? Or am I too late to the party?[/quote]

I will be getting the game soon, hopefully, so I'll be on in another week or so. Off topic, but are you still playing Mario Kart DS?

[quote name='encendido5']I will be getting the game soon, hopefully, so I'll be on in another week or so. Off topic, but are you still playing Mario Kart DS?[/quote]

Yup, I can never find anyone though. :/

Am I on your list? Because I just checked mine and you don't seem to be on there. O__O

[quote name='yukine']Yup, I can never find anyone though. :/

Am I on your list? Because I just checked mine and you don't seem to be on there. O__O[/quote]

I think we played a match or two when the game first came out. It must have gotten deleted since I exchanged my DS. I'll pm you my friend code tonight.

Sorry guys, now back to your regularly scheduled MGO talk.

[quote name='encendido5']I think we played a match or two when the game first came out. It must have gotten deleted since I exchanged my DS. I'll pm you my friend code tonight.

Sorry guys, now back to your regularly scheduled MGO talk.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan!

Don't worry about it, I think this thread is pretty much dead, maybe we can play a couple rounds of MGO when you get it, I still need a headset for my PS2 though.

3QGojo = TFFSHAMBLER_T6 or TFFSHAMBLERT6

Something like that, I just used my old TFC name, however, I am not very good at this game at all. I need someone to train me. :)

bread's done
Back