Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

I've been catching up on NXT the last couple days and the video quality has been atrocious. I normally have no issues with WWE Network. But with on demand stuff looking this bad, I'm worried about tonight's NXT Takeover.
I've had no problems with Hulu if you want to try that (especially commercial free!).

tumblr_o4zoovMHy61uhlrelo2_500.gif

Holy shit, Mania has a lot to live up to. Maybe best Takeover yet, and I was at R: Evolution.
I know they're much different beasts, but I don't see how Mania can possibly surpass that. It was just too good. Only had one "meh" match, which by any standard was still a good match. The rest of the them were just that good. About to rematch Nakamura v Sami now.

Just saw this on Reddit: 

"I'd never seen Nakamura wrestle before. That was like watching Goodfellas for the first time. Everyone said its amazing. I watched it. It was amazing. Now I look forward to being amazed every time I watch it again"

I know they're much different beasts, but I don't see how Mania can possibly surpass that. It was just too good. Only had one "meh" match, which by any standard was still a good match. The rest of the them were just that good. About to rematch Nakamura v Sami now.
They are different beasts, like you say. That is how Mania can surpass it. With the shit card that is WrestleMania, it will in no way out do the wrestling that TakeOver had. They will need to rely on big high spots, brutality, and old timers showing up. WrestleMania is about the production and size, not about the actual wrestling.

Did Finn Balor shit his pants? Sure looked like it.

They are different beasts, like you say. That is how Mania can surpass it. With the shit card that is WrestleMania, it will in no way out do the wrestling that TakeOver had. They will need to rely on big high spots, brutality, and old timers showing up. WrestleMania is about the production and size, not about the actual wrestling.
Yup. I'm just as excited to see how ridiculous they get with the HIAC match as I was to see last night. Pro wrestling is good when it's good, but great when it's stupid.

Did Finn Balor shit his pants? Sure looked like it.
I definitely saw a spot, and not the normal wrestling kind.

I saw yesterday that Cena said in an interview with Complex, he's physically cleared to return.  And I assume it's not an April Fools joke.

If you ask me today, I should’ve been back two weeks ago. I’ve logged almost 400 hours of physical therapy. I got 111 visits in twelve weeks time. I go every single second I can. People say I have a Wolverine-like style of recovery. I was given a nine month quota to come back and after three months I can tell you that I am ready to do anything asked of me possible. It’s a matter of when they call me.

Like him or hate him, the guy's dedication to rehab to get back as soon as possible is insane.  It'd be nuts if he ran in during the title match, screwed HHH, and got Reigns the win and title.  If WWE was smart, they would then instantly brand Cena and Reigns as the Boos Brothers.  

Ever since his US title win and run, I've really liked Cena. And I'll admit I miss him. I really dug his intense promos, the way he helped put Cesaro on the map, and put on longer, really competitive, really believable matches at the time. I want him to take his time and come back when he's ready to not risk injury at all.

Unrelated, I just got a package in the mail of NJPW shirts I ordered (well, one exclusive Nakamura shirt). I'm using the money I make from this to help fund my training. Take a look. I also have one XL available beyond the L shirts: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201553879352

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Roman Reigns vs. Triple H (No DQ stipulation TBA)

Hell In a Cell: Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker
No Holds Barred Street Fight: Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar

Ladder Match for the WWE Intercontinental Title: The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sin Cara vs. Kevin Owens

Triple Threat for the WWE Divas Title: Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte

Handicap Match: Sheamus, Rusev, King Barrett and Alberto Del Rio vs. Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods

Third Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle RoyalChris Jericho vs. AJ Styles

The Usos vs. The Dudley Boyz

Natalya, Paige, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella and Eva Marie vs. Lana, Tamina Snuka, Naomi, Emma and Summer Rae

WWE United States Title Match: Ryback vs. Kalisto

Roman (ugh)

Shane

Dean (picking with heart, not head)

Owens

Sasha

New Day

Wyatt?

Don't care

Don't care

Kalisto

Did anyone else catch Cena's potential heel turn tease? Or am I reading too much into this?  :whistle2:k

On if he'll ever turn heel again: https://twitter.com/Complex_Sports/status/714469193563967488

"Never say never"

On Mania tonight: https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/716254563544604672

"(never say never)"

Last edited by a moderator:
did they change  mania?

on the page shows

us title match preshow

divas preshow

usos preshow

i thought    new day and the  battle royal was preshow  so those are   part of mania  *main show now)

I have no idea what he said, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since I had a little trouble understanding what he was saying at times and he looked terrible at 58.

I'm pretty bummed about Sting too, but it's not all that surprising given the type of injury and his age. It would be cool to have him in another role like as General Manager if they do the whole brand extension thing again.

did they change mania?

on the page shows

us title match preshow
divas preshow
usos preshow

i thought new day and the battle royal was preshow so those are part of mania *main show now)
The New Day match was never part of the pre-show, but they did switch the battle royal from the pre-show to the main card.

Best comment of the night about the belt so far comes from Renee "It looks like a real championship"

Wonder who screamed in her ear first, Steph or Vince.

Holy fuck ing shit......

Good early booking means the end of the night is going to be an utter shitshow.

New Day won Wrestlemania with that entrance and gear.

Women's title match at Wrestlemania getting a "This is wrestling" chant. Not sure I'd actually see the day....

He can't do it....very bad idea....

Please don't die chants....

No matter who wins the main event, we lose. I can't wait for the BOOS to rain down hard on Roman when he wins and hearing stories of Vince blowing out both his quads throwing a temper tantrum backstage about it.

Ten bucks says that outfit Steph is in, she already had. It's from their personal bedroom collection of "outfits".

Boos early and continued. No matter how much they tried to get Trips as a heel with that entrance and Steph-over, the fans still shit on Roman. Love it.

bread's done
Back