Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

The reason Mustafa is in the game, as well as a lot of the other legends, is due to showcase mode. The NXT roster is there for My Career mode, which doesn't include Divas. I still agree though that they could have easily put the Four Horsewomen in this game, they had all been active on the NXT roster for as long, if not longer than all of the other NXT talent in the game. I truly believe that 2K wanted to add them as well, Charlotte's t-shirt can been in the crowd, but due to WWE finalizing the roster prior to the whole "Divas Revolution" becoming a hashtag thing were not able to get them into the game. I also think that they could have and should have had the Dudley Boyz as DLC this year as well, they had been out of contract with TNA long enough and being legends they could have easily made the roster this year. At least this year we will have the option to create/download the Four Horsewomen from the community.
Why would Colonel Mustafa be needed for a Stone Cold showcase?

WWE 2k16 is so anti-little people. Instead of having Daniel Bryan, a guy who is always injured, they could have put Hornswoggle and Torito in. Also, they could have done a Showcase mode focusing on WWEs Junior division from about a decade ago. But no, 2K and WWE are so prejudice towards the little athletes of the world that they leave them out.

Sick world we live in.

Also, I thought the 4 Horsewomen were 4 MMA woman fighters? The Divas stole that from them too? Classy.

With that large a roster, I could nitpick 5 dozen people who probably shouldn't have been included over the Four Horsewomen. Iraqi Iron Sheik (jesus christ) was just a convenient proxy for any of those other dudes.

That's the last I'll say on it.

I'm fucking psyched for NXT Takeover tonight. Just read a rumor/photo of some (un?)expected person possibly showing up tonight. A guy who, well, he might not "knock your brains out," so to speak, but he used to be quite close with somebody who would.

I think the past two Sasha/Bayley matches speak for themselves. it's very clear at this point that when given a chance the women can easily equal (and in some cases surpass) the men on the roster.

Translating this over to the main roster is another matter. Not placing the four of them in the game is inexcusable. They're fighting against decades of apathy and second class treatment in the wrestling business, not to mention doing so in a publicly traded company that is very risk averse and to me still doesn't think they can draw. "Just because it works in NXT doesn't mean it's going to work on the main roster" or so we're told.

I want things to change, but I don't see it happening this year, or next year for that matter. It's going to take time.

I'm fucking psyched for NXT Takeover tonight. Just read a rumor/photo of some (un?)expected person possibly showing up tonight. A guy who, well, he might not "knock your brains out," so to speak, but he used to be quite close with somebody who would.
He might not have shown up tonight but he switched his Twitter photo to have the WWE logo and was promoting the Susan G Komen thing. So looks like it's a done deal.

Let's not kid ourselves, Col. Mustafa is in the game because he was likely paid on the cheap.

I wouldn't be suprised seeing the women from NXT in DLC packs, one women per pack with 2-3 guys each that you'll never play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only reason Mustafa is in the game is because he was DLC last year. Pretty much all the Showcase and DLC pack characters from 2K15 are a part of the standard 2K16 roster.

Bayley and Sasha Banks deserve all the respect on the fucking planet for that match they put on last night. It was nothing short of incredible.
Their match at NXT Brooklyn is up there with Swag/Okada at G1 and Bailey/Strong at Mystery Vortex 3 as one of the best matches this year. They fucking killed it. And then they killed it again last night. When's Candice getting signed? They already signed her boyfriend.

TNA is in the shitter now.  Like, really bad.  Aside from all their problems, there's only about 4 (maybe 5?) wrestlers left on their roster that have any sort of significant drawing power.

WWE signing Joe, debuting him immediately and allowing him to keep his established name sent a strong message to the TNA originals.  "NXT is the place to be."

TNA is in the shitter now. Like, really bad. Aside from all their problems, there's only about 4 (maybe 5?) wrestlers left on their roster that have any sort of significant drawing power.

WWE signing Joe, debuting him immediately and allowing him to keep his established name sent a strong message to the TNA originals. "NXT is the place to be."
Guys like Storm and Joe leaving TNA honestly are good for the company as they can't afford to keep some of the larger contracts, I doubt Storm and Joe were making Kurt Angle money, but they were surely being paid well all things considered. TNA needs to desperately build new stars like they have done with EC3, he was a nobody in NXT/WWE, but look at the guy now. Really best case scenario for TNA right now is for the WWE to buy out the company for it's library as they could easily get a ton of mileage out of the footage for guys like Joe, Storm, Sting, Dudleys, Angle, Hardy, and several others.

Wow, Sting actually says that he was in TNA on a WWE release. I thought they would just skip over the fact that he was there. Didnt even have him bash on TNA either.

Wow, Sting actually says that he was in TNA on a WWE release. I thought they would just skip over the fact that he was there. Didnt even have him bash on TNA either.
Triple H recently acknowledge Finn Balor being in front of the TNA offices over the weekend and tweeting a picture of himself crotch chopping while standing under the sign for TNA Wrestling. WWE doesn't consider TNA any sort of threat at all and is potentially interested in that tape library whenever TNA decides to put the company up for sell, WWE would likely be able to swoop in and buy the company out for cheap.

Guys like Storm and Joe leaving TNA honestly are good for the company as they can't afford to keep some of the larger contracts, I doubt Storm and Joe were making Kurt Angle money, but they were surely being paid well all things considered. TNA needs to desperately build new stars like they have done with EC3, he was a nobody in NXT/WWE, but look at the guy now. Really best case scenario for TNA right now is for the WWE to buy out the company for it's library as they could easily get a ton of mileage out of the footage for guys like Joe, Storm, Sting, Dudleys, Angle, Hardy, and several others.
Guys like Storm, Joe, Bubba, Sting, AJ Styles, etc. leaving is not good for the company. They've invested years of television time/money in these guys. When people think of TNA, they thought of these guys (Bubba & Sting in recent years, anyway). With these guys leaving and sort of getting a red carpet in WWE, that sends a message to other TNA originals who are still w/ TNA (Roode, Young, Abyss) that there are greener pastures in WWE.

This also makes TNA look like a sinking ship, and pretty much makes it one, too. If all the originals leave, all we have left are Rockstar Spuds, Robbie Es and Chris Melendezes ( <- :puke:).

I can't think of any "larger contracts" other than Kurt, who I can't imagine will finish his career in TNA.

I think you're jumping the gun on talking about WWE acquiring TNA, too, for numerous reasons.

Last edited:
I'm not one of those dudes who wishes for a company to go out of business for its own sake (I'd just as soon not watch or follow the program, which is what I do), but TNA has been in the shitter for a *long* time now. More or less once they moved to Destination America.

At least as far as a US-based promotion is concerned, they've been #3-4 for a while now. Maybe going international will help them capture an audience that other promotions are neglecting in terms of captivating the culture and life performances.

Triple H recently acknowledge Finn Balor being in front of the TNA offices over the weekend and tweeting a picture of himself crotch chopping while standing under the sign for TNA Wrestling. WWE doesn't consider TNA any sort of threat at all and is potentially interested in that tape library whenever TNA decides to put the company up for sell, WWE would likely be able to swoop in and buy the company out for cheap.
That is what I am hoping for. Someone needs to take this dog out back and end the suffering. WWE having TNAs video library would be good for everyone. Christian, Dudleys, Kurt Angle, Sting, etc. can have much more complete blurays put out on their careers. Plus, adding the original TNA weekly PPVs to the Network would be great too.

Speaking of TNA, I believe they're done with tapings until Nov/Dec and are still airing "new" episodes of Impact until the end of the year. Well I was listening to the Live Audio Wrestling podcast and they said TNA is just reusing old matches from those One Night Only ppvs and staging them and mixing the matches around so that they look like a tournament to determine the world champion over the next few weeks. I gotta admit, that's pretty clever and they deserve an A for effort. 

Yeah, they had Austin Aries "competing" in that tournament.  Austin Aries, who was storyline-fired from the company a couple of months ago.  (???)

Kenny King, who is now in ROH, also "competed" in that tournament.

Last edited:
They also excused Gail Kim not bringing the KO belt out to the ring by stating it wasn't necessary since it wasn't a championship match.

I just bought another set of ringside seats for ROH's return to Atlanta in January.  The show in 2/15 was the first in 4 years (since WM) and then there was only a 6 month gap until the show in 8/15 and now just 4 months.  At this rate they could run 3 shows a year here.

Man, after Takeover Respect I am sold on Jordan-Gable. Their offense was great and Gable did a ridiculous good job selling all of Corbin's offense. That and Asuka's debut has me more excited for what's going to happen to the women's title division than the actual main NXT belt itself. Her playing an almost T-1000 level heel with an answer to nearly every attack against Bayley just sounds incredible. So NXT does it again, another overall solid event card and clean finishes (no exploding TV's here). And holy fuck Sasha Banks and having her coming out to cheers in the beginning and making the audience turn on her half way in puts her in a class of her own.

They also excused Gail Kim not bringing the KO belt out to the ring by stating it wasn't necessary since it wasn't a championship match.

I just bought another set of ringside seats for ROH's return to Atlanta in January. The show in 2/15 was the first in 4 years (since WM) and then there was only a 6 month gap until the show in 8/15 and now just 4 months. At this rate they could run 3 shows a year here.
Best thing you can do to ensure they come back more often is (a) buy a ticket and (b) act like a mark fan during the show, ensuring their programming looks like a million bucks. Make 'em say "oh, man, remember that Atlanta crowd?"

Best thing you can do to ensure they come back more often is (a) buy a ticket and (b) act like a mark fan during the show, ensuring their programming looks like a million bucks. Make 'em say "oh, man, remember that Atlanta crowd?"
A) Done.

B) Done. Watch the 8/29 ATL show and keep an eye on the guy in the rave green shirt for proof. Bonus, Fred Flinstone was sitting on the corner down from me.

Is kayfabe really necessary anymore?

Bayley and Sasha were celebrating after both recent headlining matches, but that didn't stop either from being masterpieces that drew the crowd in.

I was so far behind here but I got a real good lol by people pretending they're outraged that the chicks aren't in the vidya game. You all know you're going to play way more matches as Terminator skin #3 than you would as any of the chicks, combined. The only reason people play as the chicks in these games is to get into easy boosting lobbies for online trophies.

Is kayfabe really necessary anymore?

Bayley and Sasha were celebrating after both recent headlining matches, but that didn't stop either from being masterpieces that drew the crowd in.
My post was more in jest, but I thnk this sort of thing does highlight how the curtain has been completely torn off of pro wrestling with the advent of the internet and social media. It's amazing how big a scandal Jim Duggan and Iron Sheik getting busted riding in the same car together was (of course the booze and drugs played a part, but we all know the real crime at the time was letting the secret slip) back in '87, and how nowadays something like that wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.

The actual match at Brooklyn was better, but that Banks/Bayley dynamic is so good. As fantastic as it already was, that kid crying in the front row made it that much better. Everything from Sasha swiping that thing out of her hair to getting her comeuppance and tapping out was fucking masterful.

Couldn't agree more, Kane. Until I saw the kid has her own t-shirts and her parents are trying to put her over on twitter.

Now: forget that kid. not interested in a toddler being a mark for themselves.

Couldn't agree more, Kane. Until I saw the kid has her own t-shirts and her parents are trying to put her over on twitter.

Now: forget that kid. not interested in a toddler being a mark for themselves.
Careful. You'll upset some of those here who didn't like it last time when those "superfans" were deservedly called losers.

I thought it was suspicious that she was always in the same spot at every single show.
I don't even care about that, they may as well give her seats for a year since she makes that feud that much better...but what Vermin posted is pretty disappointing (although not the least bit surprising). I'm not sure how old that kid is so I'm not sure whether I have any blame for her over the parents, but it's sure as hell not a good look either way.

Man, after Takeover Respect I am sold on Jordan-Gable. Their offense was great and Gable did a ridiculous good job selling all of Corbin's offense. That and Asuka's debut has me more excited for what's going to happen to the women's title division than the actual main NXT belt itself. Her playing an almost T-1000 level heel with an answer to nearly every attack against Bayley just sounds incredible. So NXT does it again, another overall solid event card and clean finishes (no exploding TV's here). And holy fuck Sasha Banks and having her coming out to cheers in the beginning and making the audience turn on her half way in puts her in a class of her own.
I've been a huge supporter of Jason Jordan forever now, but man Chad Gable has been impressive from the start, dude has charisma, in-ring talent, and just gets it. Jordan has never shown the amount of charisma that Gable has in his short time on TV, but Jordan makes up for it with raw talent. Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins are also very impressive amateur wrestlers on the NXT roster, at one point they were all packaged together as a stable called Shoot Nation, but nothing aside from some house show appearances ever came out of it. I'm really hoping that Angle get's one last run in the WWE to put over guys like Gable and Jordan, I think both of these guys have an incredibly bright future and would benefit greatly from an association with The Olympic Hero.

It's funny that seeing a fan in real life is the most disappointing...erm, kayfabe-breaking I've come across in god knows how long.

Lil' Bayley totally adds value to the product and feud. I was clutching my gut with obscene laughter watching Sasha heel her on Wednesday. It was magnificent.

I'm not sure who is responsible, and I'll agree it's likely the parents (I can't imagine the kid grasps the whole concept of trying to get over, although generationally I wouldn't be surprised to find that a kid is savvy enough to best know how to use social media to get over). It just sours the product to see that kid is a mark for themselves. That's all. Stupid fourth wall.

I personally feel the whole loser, errm excuse me, sooperfan thing has long since jumped the shark. Shit is stupid, makes them look like the douchebag tools that they are, and generally annoying. I am not watching or attending the show to see your dumbass, so please, sit the fuck down and shut the hell up.

Totally. Dude in the red hat, guy with the airbrushed sportcoat, the clown (which may be the same guy?). Part of me wants to be angry at you. Most of me feels pity for you.

Totally. Dude in the red hat, guy with the airbrushed sportcoat, the clown (which may be the same guy?). Part of me wants to be angry at you. Most of me feels pity for you.
The dude who wears the airbrushed sport jacket lives in my town. His name is John Glick, I've ran into numerous times and my younger brother knows him. I don't know what he does for a living, but the dude is definitely a total mark for himself. He is also good friends with "Brock Lesnar Guy" who is always in my area as well, but lives in Chicago. Frank the Clown is the boyfriend of Noelle Foley and he catches a ton of heat for dating her because dudes be jealous.

Frank the Clown is the boyfriend of Noelle Foley and he catches a ton of heat for dating her because dudes be jealous.
I'm almost scared of how bad that dude is going to be mocked once Noelle dumps his ass when she gets too well-known to be dating some dipshit that dresses like bargain basement Doink. That story isn't going to end well.

I did like a few of those 80's and 90's recognizable fans (that Vladimir dude always looked legit happy as fuck to be at whatever show he was at), but it was fine because you saw them like...twice a year, for 4 seconds each. And didn't hear other people taking about it afterwords.

bread's done
Back