Project X Zone $34 , INFINITY Starter Pack $65 , Xbox 12 Mon $42 @ Newegg

This is terrible, and if you look at the site now it only shows GS, Amazon, and their store, although it also doesn't mention anything about "only at participating retailers".

I was misled by the PR in April that stated, "Those who pre-order or purchase Project X Zone at launch will automatically receive Project X Zone Limited Edition. It includes “a mini-art book and poster featuring the characters and famous gaming franchises represented in the game and a music CD featuring the high tempo music featured in Project X Zone.” Namco Bandai doesn’t actually say how limited the package is, strangely.",

from http://nintendoeverything.com/118501/project-x-zone-limited-edition-includes-mini-art-book-poster-cd-european-date/

I've heard horrible things about Newegg customer service, especially in regard to returns, so I really dread having to go through this song and dance when it inevitably turns out that mine is a standard edition as well. Furthermore, Newegg charged my credit card twice and is sending me two copies, so good luck getting a CSR to believe both of my problems at once.

If they hassle me over return shipping fees, I'm probably going to begin preordering games from Amazon again. My argument is going to be that I shouldn't be penalized for something that's the fault of an incompetent or duplicitous publisher.

. I cancelled my Amazon order for this one over 6 measly dollars! I'd rather've paid the fuck ing extra 6 bucks had I known namco was going to flake like this, god damnit.
I brought the game from Amazon.

I did indeed receive the LE but Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer and the corners are bent.

ehhhh......

...You gotta be kidding me. :wall: Half the reason I pre-ordered PXZ was because I thought they were all the LE. Mine's still in the mail, but if everybody's getting the standard...

There's no way to cancel and have them contact UPS for a reversal before I get it, is there?  :???:

Also I know that people have had issues with Newegg & Amazon shipping these in bubble mailers, resulting in damage, but what about BBY?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to GameStop after work. Hope they still have one. Got this email from Namco:

"We have looked into this and it seems that the Newegg retailer is only selling the standard edition of the game. Unfortunately, there's really not much we can do in your situation as this service primarily only exchanges defective copies of games for a properly working copy. As such the only thing we would be able to do would be to exchange the game (if it was defective) for another copy of the game and not for a different version.

The only recommendation we can make for this would be to contact Newegg and see if you can return the game for a refund (as they will usually allow this if the game is still sealed) and then purchase a copy of the limited edition version from a retailer that is offering it such as Gamestop/Amazon."

Color me extremly pissed off! I had it pre-ordered on Amazon as well...but saw a few bucks savings cause I thought it would be a LE. So say I get Tales of Xillia from NewEgg in their new promo. Will I once again get a standard version even though they all were said to be upgraded to LE? I'm not sure i'm ready to be screwed again by  BAMCO.......ugg you're barely coming back onto my ok list....and bam right in the feels! Least I know the Atlus ones (SMT 4) wont screw everyone over.....I almost don't want to get my game in a day or 2.

yeah I canceled my Xillia preorder, they only have a picture of the normal version, not gonna take any chances

I brought the game from Amazon.

I did indeed receive the LE but Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer and the corners are bent.

ehhhh......
mine came in a much larger than necessary box with great protection. not a single mark or dent on any of it. i have prime shipping though which might make a difference. im surprised that newegg screwed everyone like this. had no idea regular versions would even exist at launch.

Started the RMA with Newegg.  Refund amount is listed as $39.99, is there a chance they're messing up and not accounting for the coupon?  Or does that usually get adjusted after they receive the item?  If I get away with -$6 from the coupon I won't bother making a stink about return shipping.

Wow I'm glad I kept my xzone preorder at Gamestop. Back when the pre-order was offered I noticed the LE wasn't listed so I didn't wanna take any chances despite the awesome price. If this becomes the case for my Shin Megami Tensei IV pre-order though that would suck so I might have to place a pre-order down at Gamestop today.

Wow I'm glad I kept my xzone preorder at Gamestop. Back when the pre-order was offered I noticed the LE wasn't listed so I didn't wanna take any chances despite the awesome price. If this becomes the case for my Shin Megami Tensei IV pre-order though that would suck so I might have to place a pre-order down at Gamestop today.
Atlus actually does first print editions though and then reprints later....also the Newegg page has the CE looking version of that up. I trust Atlus a heck of a lot, and I doubt they would screw over their fans on editions like this. To make sure take a screenshot of the SMT 4 page showing the package and if it's any different it will give a good chance to complain. Just my 2 cents and yes i'm an Atlus fanboy...SMT games rock!

Atlus actually does first print editions though and then reprints later....also the Newegg page has the CE looking version of that up. I trust Atlus a heck of a lot, and I doubt they would screw over their fans on editions like this. To make sure take a screenshot of the SMT 4 page showing the package and if it's any different it will give a good chance to complain. Just my 2 cents and yes i'm an Atlus fanboy...SMT games rock!
Yeah I love Atlus games as well, it does appear to be the limited first run edition on the website so hopefully we don't get screwed over.

Super Metroid, on 25 Jun 2013 - 3:56 PM, said:Waltzed into walmart at 11:30 this morning, waltzed right out with a limited edition.
Yup, I've seen it there too. I also went to Target and Toys R Us on the way to pick up my LE from Gamestop and all 3 retailers had several LEs in stock.

Newegg must've struck a deal with bamco to sell a meat and potatoes version for a couple bucks less, what a trick.

Do we know if ANY other retailer is selling this lame secret gimped version? So strange. I hope Newegg is getting a flood of returns on this and it sends a message.

My gamestop close to my work has like 5 limited editions left i am going to pick it up in a while.

I have JPN limited edition in hand but I still order one from newegg to support localization. My order will arrive tomorrow and ill find out if its limited or regular edition......

What makes you think it's a standard edition? I got mine from newegg today. It comes with a box and I guess music cd and art book in it (I've left home so can't open). Is it for sure a LE? I don't remember seeing the LE word on cover and your comments made me nervous. Please let's know and if its not LE I will try buy one during my trip.

----------- UPDATE ----------
Nevermind. My newegg copy is still on the way and the one I received was from Amazon. Somehow I forgot it and double booked. Now I'm glad I did so I can just refuse newegg's shipment.

The support tech I spoke with at Newegg was of no help, kept giving me canned responses and basically said "too bad"

This is the last straw with Newegg.  Every CE they've sent has been damaged because of their poor packaging.  They messed up with several promotional codes they've sent out.  They even tried to tell me that the Last Story I pre-ordered didn't have the bonuses...only to hear from the publisher that all copies would have it.

They are beyond useless and worthless.  Going to return what I have and see if I can get it from another store.  Stupid, stupid move on my part to ever trust Newegg to not totally fuck up.

Opened my newegg copy and its a standard copy. Who is at fault here? Namco for lying? This is just plain bullshit. I hope stores still have the LE copy tomorrow. What a crock of bull.

Newegg seem to be doing alot of deals but ive still yet to see one for GTA5.   I really hope they do one for GTA5,  the last current game ill be purchasing more in likely.

I just made it in time before my closest gamestop closing earlier when I called there were 5 copies left when i got there just 2 left (luckily I said hold for 200STM) i traded in a few games and got my copy for 22$. good luck cags http://

Newegg customer service basically shrugged their shoulders when I called. "We only have this listed, says nothing about being limited." On phone with Namco. I'm betting they are of no help either.
The anonymous employee in the GS trade thread warned people last weekend that when his store got an extra copy after their initial shipment that it was a vanilla copy.

So once these are sold out, they will be replaced by vanilla copies.

I just picked up my package from UPS today, and I noticed it was a thin bubble envelope. I figured it was a STANDARD copy, and now I'm going to bitch at Newegg customer service.

EDIT: Alright, here's what you guys need to do in order for you to NOT have to pay for return shipping:

Make sure you specify that it is NOT up to the customer to contact Namco-Bandai and that the situation has to be dealt between Newegg and Namco-Bandai.

If the customer service rep still doesn't budge, make sure you ask for a manager and hammer that into their skull. Luckily, I didn't have to ask for a manager, but I had to repeat that statement to the rep multiple times before he decided to send me a UPS shipping label.

Does the vanilla edition scan as the same as the limited edition at Gamestop? Would I be able to return the newegg copy with no problems? I'd like to avoid groveling to newegg's customer service.

I was lucky enough to get a receptive CSR when I called Newegg today.  He emailed me a free UPS shipping label with no fuss at all.  Meanwhile I picked up a real copy of the game at GameStop during my lunch break, minus a $5 rewards coupon.  So I suppose this ended well for me.  :bouncy:

Good luck to everyone else!  Make sure to check whether you opted in to Google's free protection thing back when you first ordered.  If Newegg doesn't cooperate you could try taking it to Google.  That guarantee has to be good for something.

I got an LE from GameStop (and I, too, got the canned "did you pre-order," like I was boned, before he then said, 'well we have plenty anyway.').

UPS tried to deliver my NewEgg vanilla copy today and I just refused it.

Does the vanilla edition scan as the same as the limited edition at Gamestop? Would I be able to return the newegg copy with no problems? I'd like to avoid groveling to newegg's customer service.

What's the vanilla edition's SKU? I can compare it with my LE one.

I chatted with their support and actually did not have an issue, they obliged and will send me a prepaid label.  Just make sure you state the situation clearly so they understand. Not sure what the issue was, disappointing at first since I had to go out and check a couple of stores but Walmart had 3 copies so all is good. I think I'll keep one sealed and just get a digital to play, game seems unique and I'm glad they brought it over.

The barcode # on the back of both the standard and LE are the same. So I suppose that you can return the Newegg and get a LE instead at a retail store...

Different UPC numbers.

EDIT: Scratch that, this time they decided to make the UPC numbers the same. However, it is entirely possible that the standard editions that Newegg got were actually limited editions without the limited edition outer packaging.

good news: picked up limited edition from Gamestop

bad news: standard edition arrived from Newegg........:<

Different UPC numbers.

EDIT: Scratch that, this time they decided to make the UPC numbers the same. However, it is entirely possible that the standard editions that Newegg got were actually limited editions without the limited edition outer packaging.
How can that be as Namco "denied" the issue themselves (see previous post regarding Namco response)

I got an LE from GameStop (and I, too, got the canned "did you pre-order," like I was boned, before he then said, 'well we have plenty anyway.').

UPS tried to deliver my NewEgg vanilla copy today and I just refused it.
i can picture the ups dude chasing you down the road and you screaming NO I DONT WANT IT

:)

good news: picked up limited edition from Gamestop

bad news: standard edition arrived from Newegg........:<

How can that be as Namco "denied" the issue themselves (see previous post regarding Namco response)
Who knows what the actual situation is, but what you can do is actually return the standard copy to GameStop using your receipt because the standard and limited edition copies share the same UPC numbers.

Bottom line is, we took the risk to save $6. We knew this could happen and it did. Newegg delivered EXACTLY what they advertised. Bashing them because we assumed it would be the special edition is idiotic. Yes i got the standard edition as well, yes i wanted the special edition. Am i happy, no...but its not their fault.

The support tech I spoke with at Newegg was of no help, kept giving me canned responses and basically said "too bad"

This is the last straw with Newegg. Every CE they've sent has been damaged because of their poor packaging. They messed up with several promotional codes they've sent out. They even tried to tell me that the Last Story I pre-ordered didn't have the bonuses...only to hear from the publisher that all copies would have it.

They are beyond useless and worthless. Going to return what I have and see if I can get it from another store. Stupid, stupid move on my part to ever trust Newegg to not totally fuck up.
Join the club man. I was expecting my Newegg copy to arrived in a bubble mailer and in fucked up condition, but they did one better and sent out the regular game.

Damn it. Glad I kept my SMT4 preorder with Amazon and cancelled the Newegg preorder a while back. I'll have to go hunt down the limited edition tomorrow. If it's not available, oh well :(

Bottom line is, we took the risk to save $6. We knew this could happen and it did. Newegg delivered EXACTLY what they advertised. Bashing them because we assumed it would be the special edition is idiotic. Yes i got the standard edition as well, yes i wanted the special edition. Am i happy, no...but its not their fault.
Well the problem is larger than Newegg. We did not know this could happen, because most of us legitimately had no idea that a "regular" version of the game existed. Every bit of press I've seen about PXZ indicated that North America was ONLY getting the Limited Edition. So ironically, people who did research on the game were worse off.

I'd agree with you 100% if the Limited Edition had been a separate SKU with a higher price point. Then the error would be on us for trying to exploit an obvious price mistake. Since Namco mislead people at worst, or delivered incomplete information at best, people are understandably upset at the resulting inconvenience.

^^ What Busta said. There should not have been a risk. All signs pointed to a single pre-order, a single first printing. But I do take your point Newegg just shipped what they were given by Namco. But they, were they a company like Amazon, could have looked into it beforehand and made explicit what did or did not come with the purchase.

I saw an unboxing video of the LE set and the bonuses are pretty sweet.  I especially like the fold-out poster with all the character cameos being showcased.  In short, don't settle for less and try to score the LE set if you can.

it still shows in stock on the gamestop website if you can't find one in store

edit : and best buy

Yeah I guess it wasn't worth it to save the $6. I'm not going to go through the hassle to order another copy off gamestop or bestbuy just to get the LE. Returning stuff to newegg is a pain and sometimes they take out a reboxing fee for no apparent reason. While I think the stuff that comes with the LE is pretty nice, it's nothing I will lose sleep over. Well you win some you lose some.

This is what I got from Newegg:

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for the inconvenience. May I please know where it shows the item should be "limited edition"? Generally, our stock moves so fast that we have the latest version or revision of everything. We do not guarantee revision numbers unless it is specifically noted on the description on the website.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

bread's done
Back