PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a hard case. If you want TPU looks like the TPU is only available for the fat 1000. If you want silicone for the slim this is your best bet:

http://www.amazon.com/Vita-2000-Silicone-Skin-Sony-PSP/dp/B00JYE8L22/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1437497885&sr=8-24&keywords=ps+vita+grip

Works fairly well too.

BTW, you managed to get a UK version of Tales of Eternia on PSP?
Damn. I'm not really found of silicone. I guess I'll probably get the Hori starter set.

As for ToE, ;)

Also if you missed AMZ, get it know because BB will NOT be selling it

edit- there was a post that AMZ MIGHT be getting some more but I wouldn't wait on it.
Thanks for the heads up placed an order on GameStop for in store pickup. I don't like that the preorder listing says nothing about the watch but I'm assuming that is normal for ol' GS.

Ugh. I paid nearly $40 for this after playing the first one, and it's still sitting unplayed on my shelf. Honestly I'm not sure what even drove me to buy the 2nd one considering that I thought that the first one was a dumbed down version of VLR.
The sequel is so much better than the first, though VLR is kind of in a league of its own.

The sequel is so much better than the first, though VLR is kind of in a league of its own.
Is it? I played and loved the first one. Got a few hours into the second one, but wasn't gripped by the story. I'll admit that I played them back to back and maybe I needed a bit of a break before starting the second one. I'll probably get back to the second one at some point, but I'm really hoping the story gets good.

Also, actual spoiler below:

I hope I also find out why Byakuya is fat. I'm assuming it the same person from part 1. Maybe it's not. I'm sure I'll find out.

Is it? I played and loved the first one. Got a few hours into the second one, but wasn't gripped by the story. I'll admit that I played them back to back and maybe I needed a bit of a break before starting the second one. I'll probably get back to the second one at some point, but I'm really hoping the story gets good.

Also, actual spoiler below:

I hope I also find out why Byakuya is fat. I'm assuming it the same person from part 1. Maybe it's not. I'm sure I'll find out.
For the love of all that is holy, FINISH THE DANG GAME.

But to answer your question, heck yes.

Damn. I'm not really found of silicone. I guess I'll probably get the Hori starter set.

As for ToE, ;)
I'm debating whether or not to pick it up on eBay...then again I already have the PS1 version (labeled Destiny II) so I probably don't need it right?

It's a great way to get rid of any extra Vita systems you have lying around. They rarely survive the throw across the room.
:whistle2:0 You woul- you killed a Vita that way didn't you?

:whistle2:0 You woul- you killed a Vita that way didn't you?
No, I picked it up on PS3 because the controllers would be cheaper to replace ;)

All joking aside, I did play Natural Doctrine for awhile (before the PS4 made me push my PS3 back into the garage with a broom) and I actually enjoyed it. It's a game that can be fun, but you HAVE to know what you're getting into ahead of time and you HAVE to know intricate details of how the combat works. Spoilered below (for post length, not for content) is an example of what I mean.

So the game hammers into your thick, pea-brained skull throughout the entire tutorial that you NEED to chain people together. In a nutshell you move person 1 and wait, move person 2 and wait so person 1 can go again, on down the line in the chain. You would be a fool to do anything else, the game makes sure that you know that. Then once you get out of the tutorial section, you run into a major enemy that you have no chance of beating. The solution to the map is that you need to run away.

The problem? If you do the chain action thing that they've been telling you about this whole time, You. Will. Die. The only way to get your players out of range of the killzone and keep them there is to do the exact opposite of what you've been told is the only way to do combat. Instead you have to take their turns, but do not create any action chains. Due to the number of enemies and your placement, chains will eventually lead to one person being in attack range and the enemy triggering a giant chain of violence and death.

Once you discover that solution, it's difficult to want to keep playing the game.

Speaking of Lost Dimension - is anyone else able to order the Vita version from BB? It says available for shipping and I can add it to my cart for shipping but it won't allow me to actually enter a shipping method and check out.
It appears as though they aren't shipping them to certain areas. If you click the "See When You Can Get It" link on the item page it pops up a window that says "We're sorry, this item is not available in your area from Bestbuy.com. However, it may be available at your local store."

I guess only certain warehouses have copies of the game.

I'm debating whether or not to pick it up on eBay...then again I already have the PS1 version (labeled Destiny II) so I probably don't need it right?
I don't know. I've never played the PSX version. That's why I'm playing the PSP version.

Anyway, I picked up Danganronpa from a fellow CAG. Should be arriving sometime this week. Would have gotten the second one too but I didnt want to jump the gun if it turns out I didn't like the first.

Gohastings has BOGO $1 on all used titles online only today. Unfortunatley most of the used Vita titles that would make it a good deal are gone. I dreamed I could get Digaea 3+4 for $26....

Gohastings has BOGO $1 on all used titles online only today. Unfortunatley most of the used Vita titles that would make it a good deal are gone. I dreamed I could get Digaea 3+4 for $26....
I hate navigating there site during sales. If someone has never done it they must be prepared to see many, many out of stocks....I hate it so I just stopped shopping those even if the prices were good.

I hate navigating there site during sales. If someone has never done it they must be prepared to see many, many out of stocks....I hate it so I just stopped shopping those even if the prices were good.
Yea I hate that too, I wish it would say they're oos instead of me having to click it to find out.

Is it worth getting? Reviews are mediocre.
Natural Doctrine is a fantastic tactical game. Graphics aren't the best, story is middling, but it's got a unique, complex, glorious combat system once you get the hang of it.

No, I picked it up on PS3 because the controllers would be cheaper to replace ;)

All joking aside, I did play Natural Doctrine for awhile (before the PS4 made me push my PS3 back into the garage with a broom) and I actually enjoyed it. It's a game that can be fun, but you HAVE to know what you're getting into ahead of time and you HAVE to know intricate details of how the combat works. Spoilered below (for post length, not for content) is an example of what I mean.

So the game hammers into your thick, pea-brained skull throughout the entire tutorial that you NEED to chain people together. In a nutshell you move person 1 and wait, move person 2 and wait so person 1 can go again, on down the line in the chain. You would be a fool to do anything else, the game makes sure that you know that. Then once you get out of the tutorial section, you run into a major enemy that you have no chance of beating. The solution to the map is that you need to run away.

The problem? If you do the chain action thing that they've been telling you about this whole time, You. Will. Die. The only way to get your players out of range of the killzone and keep them there is to do the exact opposite of what you've been told is the only way to do combat. Instead you have to take their turns, but do not create any action chains. Due to the number of enemies and your placement, chains will eventually lead to one person being in attack range and the enemy triggering a giant chain of violence and death.

Once you discover that solution, it's difficult to want to keep playing the game.
This is completely incorrect.

You absolutely need to master chaining and linking. My only guess is the above poster gave up early before understanding the mechanics fully.

Now, yes, if you chain your moves and leave someone out in the open, you will absolutely die. The AI in the game is strong, and very much understands its own systems, so if you use chaining to put someone in the open he'll get smashed.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't chain and link. To put it simply:

Chaining -- this just means an action allows other units of yours to move. For example, if you attack a unit, any other unit of yours that can attack that unit gets 'activated' in the chain and can optionally take a turn. Each action has its own chaining rules.

Linking -- here's the cool part... any unit that has already moved this turn can move again if 'chained'.

So... this means you should not include units that haven't moved yet in your chain, just units that have... so your first unit to move on any give turn can often get 3 or 4 moves if chain/linked properly. Unit 1 moves, Unit 2 moves and chains Unit 1, Unit 3 moves and Chains Unit 1 and 2, etc. [At this point, your Unit 1 has already had 3 actions!].

If you 'activate' a unit that has not moved yet, you should 'pass', since it uses up their turn and thus wastes a future chain - there are times where you'll decide the pros outweigh the cons and do this anyway, but in general, you shouldn't]. For example, if you included Unit 4 in any of the above chains, that was their turn and they only get that one move. If you 'pass' on unit 4 till it's the only unit left, you'll get to use them and potentially get to chain all your other units, giving them all another turn.

The tactics is working out how to pull this all off, given there are terrain considerations, weapon range considerations, line of sight issues, positional battle bonuses, and other factors you need to weigh in. Additionally, you need to be sure when your turn is over you're in a defensive position since any weakness -will- be exploited.

My guess is the above poster was just chaining and not properly linking, because anyone who claims you shouldn't chain does not understand the game. [Most likely, they were including units that hadn't moved yet in chains, which wastes moves instead of gaining moves]

The end result is the most strategic and tactical SRPG I've ever played. Yes, it requires time to learn its systems, but overall? Absolutely fantastic.

[for reference, I've beat the game twice on the hardest setting and put many hours into the online portion]

Wow. That's just evil....or bad game design.
Nope, it's neither. It's fantastically well designed... it's just complex enough and unique enough that many players misunderstand it and get trounced. Because if you do use chaining incorrectly, you'll end up with your front character getting hit by every enemy multiple times [since they chain/link properly]. Actually, I take that back... the AI is smart enough to target any character it thinks is weak and undefended, even if they aren't in the front. You need to be on your game. So good.

I don't know if Multiplayer is still active, but there were -really- good players online and it was a fantastic challenge. You collected new 'cards' for new units, each having a cost, and any given combat having a cost limit for your deck [so you could maybe have a boss and an underling, or a team of 6 well rounded soldiers, etc]. Really solid. It's a shame the game got wrecked in reviews because the MP alone gave the game so much life.

The game is definitely not for everyone. But... if you truly like combat systems and digging into mechanics, this game is awesome. Very, very recommended, in fact.

Natural Doctrine is a fantastic tactical game. Graphics aren't the best, story is middling, but it's got a unique, complex, glorious combat system once you get the hang of it.

This is completely incorrect.

You absolutely need to master chaining and linking. My only guess is the above poster gave up early before understanding the mechanics fully.

Now, yes, if you chain your moves and leave someone out in the open, you will absolutely die. The AI in the game is strong, and very much understands its own systems, so if you use chaining to put someone in the open he'll get smashed.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't chain and link. To put it simply:

Chaining -- this just means an action allows other units of yours to move. For example, if you attack a unit, any other unit of yours that can attack that unit gets 'activated' in the chain and can optionally take a turn. Each action has its own chaining rules.

Linking -- here's the cool part... any unit that has already moved this turn can move again if 'chained'.

So... this means you should not include units that haven't moved yet in your chain, just units that have... so your first unit to move on any give turn can often get 3 or 4 moves if chain/linked properly. Unit 1 moves, Unit 2 moves and chains Unit 1, Unit 3 moves and Chains Unit 1 and 2, etc. [At this point, your Unit 1 has already had 3 actions!].

If you 'activate' a unit that has not moved yet, you should 'pass', since it uses up their turn and thus wastes a future chain - there are times where you'll decide the pros outweigh the cons and do this anyway, but in general, you shouldn't]. For example, if you included Unit 4 in any of the above chains, that was their turn and they only get that one move. If you 'pass' on unit 4 till it's the only unit left, you'll get to use them and potentially get to chain all your other units, giving them all another turn.

The tactics is working out how to pull this all off, given there are terrain considerations, weapon range considerations, line of sight issues, positional battle bonuses, and other factors you need to weigh in. Additionally, you need to be sure when your turn is over you're in a defensive position since any weakness -will- be exploited.

My guess is the above poster was just chaining and not properly linking, because anyone who claims you shouldn't chain does not understand the game. [Most likely, they were including units that hadn't moved yet in chains, which wastes moves instead of gaining moves]

The end result is the most strategic and tactical SRPG I've ever played. Yes, it requires time to learn its systems, but overall? Absolutely fantastic.

[for reference, I've beat the game twice on the hardest setting and put many hours into the online portion]

Nope, it's neither. It's fantastically well designed... it's just complex enough and unique enough that many players misunderstand it and get trounced. Because if you do use chaining incorrectly, you'll end up with your front character getting hit by every enemy multiple times [since they chain/link properly]. Actually, I take that back... the AI is smart enough to target any character it thinks is weak and undefended, even if they aren't in the front. You need to be on your game. So good.

I don't know if Multiplayer is still active, but there were -really- good players online and it was a fantastic challenge. You collected new 'cards' for new units, each having a cost, and any given combat having a cost limit for your deck [so you could maybe have a boss and an underling, or a team of 6 well rounded soldiers, etc]. Really solid. It's a shame the game got wrecked in reviews because the MP alone gave the game so much life.

The game is definitely not for everyone. But... if you truly like combat systems and digging into mechanics, this game is awesome. Very, very recommended, in fact.
i didnt read half of this, but i absolutely agree

Let me paraphrase "Get gud".
vlXzyVZ.png

i didnt read half of this, but i absolutely agree
I read all of it and now I feel like this game is a diamond in the rough. I'll definitely have to pick this up but is it a pick up and play experience? E.g. Is it good for vita for short play sessions or are battles 30-1hr long affairs tending to console play?

I read all of it and now I feel like this game is a diamond in the rough. I'll definitely have to pick this up but is it a pick up and play experience? E.g. Is it good for vita for short play sessions or are battles 30-1hr long affairs tending to console play?
I played it on vita and loved it on vita.

Battles are about the length of your general srpg, so it really depends on your definition of 'pick up and play'... but it's an experience I'd want on vita, not my tv. I didn't have any problem suspending a game mid battle and coming back to it.

I found myself spending time 'planning' turns a lot more than any other srpg too; it's not just push forward and attack, it really requires evaluating everything. It makes me sad it did so poorly because I'd love to see a sequel.

Walked into a local game store and they had Dangaronpa $15 & Mind Zero $10 used. Did these get a release? Cause those seem a bit low.

What I said was absolutely true, because what I said applied ONLY to the Serpens Goblin Mines where you first meet the Gorians. I won't post playthrough videos due to a major plot spoiler at the end of the stage, but if you watch it you'll see that after killing the first gorian the guy makes zero chains as they escape out the way they came.

That is because doing so allows the big one time to get in range of the last link in the chain and turn him into swiss cheese with his hundred links.

Walked into a local game store and they had Dangaronpa $15 & Mind Zero $10 used. Did these get a release? Cause those seem a bit low.
Mind=0 is selling for about $21 new and Danganronpa $30 new.... Guess they just priced them low though it's very possible more Danganronpas are out there now.

[quote name="SpidrMnky" post="12822710" timestamp="1437662471"]Amazon has Uncharted Golden Abyss for $12.99 for the Physical Copy. It says in stock but it may take an extra day or two to process.

Edit: Gamestop also had Demon Gaze for $19.99.[/quote]
This sounds cheap but I guess appropriate darnit I paid $2.50 more for it than I should lol (see a few pages back)

Is demon gaze worth playing? These bad reviews are putting me off. Lol

This sounds cheap but I guess appropriate darnit I paid $2.50 more for it than I should lol (see a few pages back)Is demon gaze worth playing? These bad reviews are putting me off. Lol
It's a super grindy first-person dungeon crawling JRPG. Don't get it unless you like those types of games.

It's not that grindy. I didn't grind.

It's a relatively good dungeon crawler, and probably the best one on the Vita.
How you get that big muramasa trophy? I used the gold + gold + plus 2 + nameless/katana gem for literally close to a hundred times and still couldn't get it. Eventually gave up.

How you get that big muramasa trophy? I used the gold + gold + plus 2 + nameless/katana gem for literally close to a hundred times and still couldn't get it. Eventually gave up.
I didn't farm for it long. Throughout the game, I used a ton of nameless gems. Pretty much because I didn't use a guide and I just did it to see what items I could get. I think that helped. But it's been a 1+ years since I touched it, so I don't really remember.

bread's done
Back