PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of quality can you usually expect from Asia-version English subs?
I import games all the time with no issues. Asian version releases usually have Japanese language track with English subtitles. Most of the time the menus are also in English as well.

i have the PDP grip for the vita and its absolutely wonderful. provides a nice wide grip, and the texture to it alleviates sweating too (which i have a problem with)

been able to play killzone, gravity rush, get off my lawn, etc for a long time with little to no issue.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440003521&sr=1-1&keywords=pdp+vita+grip

dont buy it from amazon at that price, i got it at gamestop for 10$, and an employee there actually had one for his vita and let me try it first for a few minutes on mine before making my decision.

i would suggest that one, but it may differ from user to user.
I have the PDP grip also and its certainly worth it to me. It makes using the triggers actually possible without killing my hands / wrists. Having it on the Vita makes it awkward to travel with, I've gotten in the habit of just popping it off and using a vita case. The vita with grip fits on the charge cradle which is nice too.

[quote name="iwannadie" post="12875016" timestamp="1440032973"]I have the PDP grip also and its certainly worth it to me. It makes using the triggers actually possible without killing my hands / wrists. Having it on the Vita makes it awkward to travel with, I've gotten in the habit of just popping it off and using a vita case. The vita with grip fits on the charge cradle which is nice too. [/quote]
I was wondering that. I'll use it when I'm playing the vita, but I'll pop it off when I travel, which is usually daily. Whatever I get has to be durable enough to take on and off constantly and won't damage the vita.

I'm just stating what it "appears" to look like. High memory card pricing, no mentions at any conventions after launch, pulling apps and features from PS store, the list goes on and on. Yeah, there have been tons of failures over the years that companies may not have foreseen, but at least the Wii U is constantly supported, and mentioned by "N" every chance they get. They promote it, they show it every chance they get, and they are always talking about it.

The Wiii U is at least failing with the best "N" has to offer, as sad as that may appear. But SONY isn't doing jack **** for the Vita, and it's not doing half bad. If SONY put forth half the effort that "N" does for the Wii U, we wound't even be having this discussion.
They didn't release anything to fail. They just aren't willing to put the energy and effort into supporting it right now. Can't blame them after all the turmoil happening to Sony the past year with the hack, and declining business in their key markets (TV, movie, etc). Sony has nothign to gain by releasing a handheld with their Sony and PLaystation brand on it and wishing it to fail.

I hope no one actually believes such a thing

Target Cartwheel app has 15% off PS Vita Consoles until 8/21. Not sure if it includes Vita TV, but there may be an opportunity to PM Amazon and then get 15% off the PMed price.

i have the PDP grip for the vita and its absolutely wonderful. provides a nice wide grip, and the texture to it alleviates sweating too (which i have a problem with)

been able to play killzone, gravity rush, get off my lawn, etc for a long time with little to no issue.

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440003521&sr=1-1&keywords=pdp+vita+grip

dont buy it from amazon at that price, i got it at gamestop for 10$, and an employee there actually had one for his vita and let me try it first for a few minutes on mine before making my decision.

i would suggest that one, but it may differ from user to user.
Is it true that this PDP GRIP will mess up this Hori Screen Protective Filter? I was thinking about getting this grip but I have one of these protective filter on my Vita. If so anyone recommend any other good grips that will not mess this up? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440100423&sr=1-8&keywords=ps+vita+hori

So, Lost Dimension is $29.99 Used ($26.98 with PUR) at Gamestop.  I am sure there are not a ton of copies out there yet, but I just found one at my local Gamestop.  Basically $27 is pretty good given how new it is and given how Gamestop usually just knocks $5 off the new price.

Is it true that this PDP GRIP will mess up this Hori Screen Protective Filter? I was thinking about getting this grip but I have one of these protective filter on my Vita. If so anyone recommend any other good grips that will not mess this up? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Screen-Protective-Filter-Sony/dp/B006VE40JQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1440100423&sr=1-8&keywords=ps+vita+hori
Just looking at the picture of the screen protector, the grip will cover at least part of it.. So ymmv.

I have the psp grip for the 2000 vita, and a tempered glass screen protector on it. I had to trim maybe 1/16 or less at the top to not hit the glass.

And btw, the glass one is great with the vita. Really prefer the glass instead of the plastic stuff on everything, phone, tablet, and vita.

So, Lost Dimension is $29.99 Used ($26.98 with Gamers Club) at Gamestop. I am sure there are not a ton of copies out there yet, but I just found one at my local Gamestop. Basically $27 is pretty good given how new it is and given how Gamestop usually just knocks $5 off the new price.
seen that and was hoping to find one... i got 3 25 off anything at gamestop coupons that expire on sept 30 with nothing to use them on ,

I recently imported a game called "Moe Chronicle" and while the back of the English box art is in English, there are some common things such as words swapped like flesh, fresh. However in the main game itself, the translation is very solid in the dialog, and I have not noticed too many typo's or poor translations. That said "bumping scratch" should just be called "petting" and come out already.

Also it is very dirty/perverted by American standards.

It depends on whether the Asian release was based on a preexisting digital english translation, or a a new translation altogether.

For example, the Asian English release of SAO: Hollow Fragment is god awful, while the Oreshika release is the US digital version slapped onto a cartridge.

Did anybody else get Adventure Bar Labyrinth from Mobile before it closed down? I'm absolutely loving it. Great roguelike, and it's totally free. Gameplay-wise, it's actually better than Sorcery Saga (although that's not saying much).
is that the adventure bar story or whatever game thats on the 3ds e shop? I d.loaded a demo of it and its pretty fun but i missed the sale. You run a restaurant and the owner of the elite restaurant in town wants to buy you out. So you go around getting ingredients from dungeons and monsters to make meals for your restaurant and yourself to lvl up. Is that the same game? It was a fun little change of pace

Adventure Bar Labyrinth is a sequel to Story. Same characters and setting, but the second game is a straight roguelike. I don't actually have Adventure Bar Story, but I liked the demo.

Tried yet another Walmart today. They had Fifa Soccer and Lumines in the clearance bin, but for $16.xx. Left those sitting there.

Did grab Tearaway for $11.xx from that same bin.

As well as the Sly Collection.... for $8.xx  :hot:

A little weary on the Tearaway packaging. I feel I may have asked this before some time ago, but I can't find anything in my own history....  Do some new games come with a cheaper wrapper now? Tearaway was in more of a shrink wrap than the shiny cellophane most games have. The had two copies, and both were that way, while all the other games were in the cellophane wrapping.

Tried yet another Walmart today. They had Fifa Soccer and Lumines in the clearance bin, but for $16.xx. Left those sitting there.

Did grab Tearaway for $11.xx from that same bin.

As well as the Sly Collection.... for $8.xx :hot:

A little weary on the Tearaway packaging. I feel I may have asked this before some time ago, but I can't find anything in my own history.... Do some new games come with a cheaper wrapper now? Tearaway was in more of a shrink wrap than the shiny cellophane most games have. The had two copies, and both were that way, while all the other games were in the cellophane wrapping.
ive see that crappy wrapping on some games too... im not sure what the deal is. Its usually at places like walmart and target

^Nice price on Tearaway.

Looking to pickup Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus & FFX/X-2. Anybody seen either cheap? Thinking of maybe waiting for a digital sale for FFX/X-2 since it's half digital anyway.

Cheapest I've seen x/x-2 recently is $20 at Wal-Mart, if you can find it. Someone found it there for $11.xx a few days ago, which is what prompted me to start hunting for it. But of course, being Wal-Mart, YMMV

^Nice price on Tearaway.

Looking to pickup Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus & FFX/X-2. Anybody seen either cheap? Thinking of maybe waiting for a digital sale for FFX/X-2 since it's half digital anyway.
It should be $20 everywhere now, if you try Best Buy you might get it cheaper.

anyone think the sony store will drop the PSTV bundle lower than $70 before they close? I need to pick one up now that im going to actually start playing my vita more but that seems high to me. Especially with shipping.  i was looking at 50-60 bucks or so. 

Cheapest I've seen x/x-2 recently is $20 at Wal-Mart, if you can find it. Someone found it there for $11.xx a few days ago, which is what prompted me to start hunting for it. But of course, being Wal-Mart, YMMV
You're welcome. ;)

Sly collection for $8????? Nice.
Been to every area walmart now, same stuff.. Same prices. There have been a few $5-7 clearance games, all sold out.

Dynasty warriors for $15, so grabbed that. They had a used copy for $22 lol.

Haha yes, thank you backlash. Stuck on mobile at work, otherwise I would have given proper credit :D

And yet.... still stuck at work :whistle2:(

ive see that crappy wrapping on some games too... im not sure what the deal is. Its usually at places like walmart and target
I got sly cooper from amazon for $8.xx... It was one of those "ships in 4-6 weeks" deal and when i got it, it had that weird wrapping on it. I was sceptical but everything looked brand new.

Kinda glad to hear that i wasnt the only one... I wonder if they are resealed at the factory or something. I could see a store sending back games with a little tear in the package. If not, maybe to cut costs?

I posted this in the Best Buy Clearance thread, I'll post it here too...

A few Vita clearance drops last night:

The Wolf Among Us - $6.99 (was $14.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-wolf-among-us-ps-vita/7319014.p?id=1219265950078&skuId=7319014

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - $6.99 (was $14.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-walking-dead-season-two-ps-vita/7318006.p?id=1219265947907&skuId=7318006

MLB 14: The Show - $6.99 (was $14.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mlb-14-the-show-ps-vita/4069005.p?id=1219095669891&skuId=4069005

Borderlands 2 - $9.99 (was $19.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/borderlands-2-ps-vita/5838011.p?id=1219163972940&skuId=5838011

^Yowsa, those prices are phenomenal! I bought each of those for $7-10 more than that and now I highly regret it

Great finds! I only picked up The Wolf Among Us. Not a baseball video game fan, and too bad Borderlands 2 is OOS at my store. 

Thanks for that.  Picked up Show and Walking Dead for shipping.   Trying to do a store pickup for Borderlands as it's showing as in-stock in several of the stores around me but it won't let me as it's showing as unavailable for online order.  I didn't realize that you can't even do an in-store pickup order when it says that.

Thanks for that. Picked up Show and Walking Dead for shipping. Trying to do a store pickup for Borderlands as it's showing as in-stock in several of the stores around me but it won't let me as it's showing as unavailable for online order. I didn't realize that you can't even do an in-store pickup order when it says that.
They did that to me a while ago, then shipped me the item *from* that store.. :censored:

I posted this in the Best Buy Clearance thread, I'll post it here too...

A few Vita clearance drops last night:

The Wolf Among Us - $6.99 (was $14.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-wolf-among-us-ps-vita/7319014.p?id=1219265950078&skuId=7319014

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - $6.99 (was $14.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-walking-dead-season-two-ps-vita/7318006.p?id=1219265947907&skuId=7318006

MLB 14: The Show - $6.99 (was $14.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mlb-14-the-show-ps-vita/4069005.p?id=1219095669891&skuId=4069005

Borderlands 2 - $9.99 (was $19.99)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/borderlands-2-ps-vita/5838011.p?id=1219163972940&skuId=5838011
I can't get Borderlands 2 at any best buy in my area but they at least still have Walking Dead season 2 in stock, so gonna grab that after work today, thanks.

On another Vita note I found a used copy of Child of Light at GS for like 16 something with PUR and I used a $10 off used game coupon I had to bring it down to around 6 bucks. I'm not a big RPG guy but it's simple enough for me to play and I really like the art style and animation. Very happy with it so far after about 4 hours in.

Guhh not sure whether to bite on wolf among us and walking dead s02 or wait and see if amazon price matches to save on shipping ughhhh

Edit or I can pay similarly and get them digitally on ps4 ughhhhhhhhhh

People bitch about BL on Vita cause it's "not full MP like it is on Console"

As far as the actual gameplay on the Vita, I had no issues with it. It's BL on a handheld..  :D/

Disclaimer: 

A: I didn't get very far in the game (yet, I've played it to death on PC/Console though)

B: I have zero interest in MP on the Vita version.

For $10 or less, it's worth it.

Year old review after a "performance patch" still some frame rate drops, but still very enjoyable 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLGHkhxB1cQ

As far as the Walking dead on the Vita, just keep in mind it *is* kinda choppy at times. (Still 100% playable, just noticeable)

Wait serious note if I played walking dead s01 on pc and I buy season 2 on vita how the fuck does that work. Can I just tell it what choices I made in season 1?

Also is wolf among us choppy or is it good on vita? If it's choppy I'll probably just get the ps4 version

Wait serious note if I played walking dead s01 on pc and I buy season 2 on vita how the fuck does that work. Can I just tell it what choices I made in season 1?

Also is wolf among us choppy or is it good on vita? If it's choppy I'll probably just get the ps4 version
Telltale optimizes their games extremely poorly on Vita, and they just barely chug along most of the time. A cutscene focused game is still playable that way, but I'd say that if you're interested in the game go with the PS4 version instead.

People bitch about BL on Vita cause it's "not full MP like it is on Console"
As far as the actual gameplay on the Vita, I had no issues with it. It's BL on a handheld.. :D/

Disclaimer:
A: I didn't get very far in the game (yet, I've played it to death on PC/Console though)
B: I have zero interest in MP on the Vita version.

For $10 or less, it's worth it.

Year old review after a "performance patch" still some frame rate drops, but still very enjoyable
I dont bitch about the MP. But for the wonky controls, frame rate issues, potato graphics, and the horribly low cap on enemies on screen at once.

Coming from Sony ... yeah I can believe it. Remember, these are the same guys who gave the green light to the 2015 Fantastic 4 movie. This movie was made only because contractually Sony would have lost the licensed rights to Fantastic 4 if they didn't. End result was hot garbage with the worst rendition of Dr Doom that I've ever seen. 2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg 2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg 2015-08-18 11.26.11.jpg 2015-08-18 11.25.37.jpg
F4 & XMen movies are Fox. Sony only had Spider-Man.

I dont bitch about the MP. But for the wonky controls, frame rate issues, potato graphics, and the horribly low cap on enemies on screen at once.
This.

I was a huge fan of BL2 and don't play multiplayer at all... The game is nigh unplayable for all the reasons you listed. I traded mine in a while back while it still had worth.

bread's done
Back