PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious, is it OEM? The OEM ones have the PS logo on them and they fit and remove from the port very easily. I have some 3rd party USB cables for the 1000 Vita. Connectors are a bit more stiff but the wire is made from weaker plastic/rubber and does not have the PS logo on it.
yea it appears to be the official one.. or at least a knockoff with the PS logo.

hmm i may just get the eforcity one that was linked or maybe order the one from tomshardware

I don't quite want Toukiden Kiwami (have the original...it is a fun, albeit repetitive MH game), but I'm not 100% sure how long the physical supply will be available. Hopefully it stays in stock long enough to get to about my buy range ($20ish....possibly $25). 

I don't quite want Toukiden Kiwami (have the original...it is a fun, albeit repetitive MH game), but I'm not 100% sure how long the physical supply will be available. Hopefully it stays in stock long enough to get to about my buy range ($20ish....possibly $25).
I wouldn't hold my breath, if it was to get a decent price drop it would have happened already. I say if you see it new sealed dont hesitate and just get it same if you see one used. If its gutted i'd probably have to do some serious thinking.

Checked my Wal-Mart today and it was a whole lot of nada. Lego Batman 3 for 19.99 which I am guessing is probably MSRP. That's not a game I would purchase anyway unless it was like 5 bucks.

So this isn't cheap nor is it a game, but it is Vita-related. GS has an exclusive aqua blue Vita available for preorder. Comes out 11/6/15.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-system-aqua-blue-gamestop-exclusive/125335

117717b.jpg

So the only 2 physical Vita games they are selling is Freedom Wars, and Lego Jurassic World.
My best buy is sold out of Minecraft, for some reason. it didn't go on clearance either.

I remember when Best Buy was the place to go for PC and Console games. With 4 ilses dedicated to PC/Mac games and 6 ilses dedicated to N64, Gameboy Color, Ps1 and Dreamcast. With better selection then Walmart, EB Games and Circuit City. With a Giant display of 9 TV's that was dedicated to the N64 demo unit, (later the PS2) that you could see all the way out into the parking lot.

Now the store feels open and empty. while the game areas have moved, there is still 6 sections. However each section is half the previous size and are barely at 40% capacity. I wish Best Buy would stop focusing on Phones and Tablets.

:End "90's kid" rant:
Oh man do I miss the old best buy style. Our n64 display was the 9 tv set up but they were On a 4 sided block that was held up by 20 foot mario. I loved how the tv's live stream my gameplay so you could see it anywhere in the store. Plus the movie section was flanked by a beautiful full wall 3d mural of Aladdin. That same store is now just depressing to walk into.

I can confirm, EVERY Vita game in Target is on clearance...

My store also had an sudden 300% increase in available titles with this new clearance event. (from 5 to 15)

Dang, I really need to take out my phone and list the prices next time.

Minecraft (digital code in a box) $10ish

Freedom Wars $15ish

Street Fighter Vs Marvel? $20ish

The ONLY Vita related thing NOT on clearance was the Playstation TV bundle for $99 (the price drop).

When I asked a store clerk about it, he said it was likely due to just reducing warehouse inventory for the coming holiday season. Target will still carry some Vita games, as far as he knows. (but still, if Target has every Vita game on clearance... they have to be getting rid of the section... right?)

My store also had an sudden 300% increase in available titles with this new clearance event. (from 5 to 15)

Freedom Wars $15ish

The ONLY Vita related thing NOT on clearance was the Playstation TV bundle for $99 (the price drop).

When I asked a store clerk about it, he said it was likely due to just reducing warehouse inventory for the coming holiday season. Target will still carry some Vita games, as far as he knows. (but still, if Target has every Vita game on clearance... they have to be getting rid of the section... right?)
Can anyone else confirm this? How can every single game be on clearance? Even newer games?

Freedom Wars $15ish

I was at Target earlier and Street vs Tekken was $29.99 and Dungeon Hunter Alliance was $39.99...I'll check another Target later in the week. This would be awesome if it was true!!

if anyone finds anything else let us know, id be willing to pay for some missing vita titles from my collection, everything at my store is pretty much MSRP or hilariously marked up.

like dungeon hunter for 30-40, and rayman legends for 39.00. Borderlands 2 is also 39.00, not having it at those prices.

I just ran to the Target a couple minutes from my house. I can confirm that all the Vita games here have clearance stickers on them. Sadly, my store's stock is only MLB 15 (which is just a code in a box) for 9.99, Borderlands 2 for 19.99, and Walking Dead Season Two for 19.99.

All prices here are as lackluster as the selection. Hopefully the rest of you have better luck.

Guess I'll buy some beer as long as I'm here... salvage the trip a bit.

if someone can find walking dead S2 and price match it to best buy for 7.99 or 6.99 i would be glad to pay 10$ shipped for it if thats doable. or anything else, seems like lots of stores other than gamestop are liquidating vita stock. shame

Was at Wal-Mart today. SFxT was $15. There was a game for 10 but I can't remember it off the top of my head. I think it was MLB 15. Also they had a few 4GB memory cards for $10. 

Amusing how all the games are being slashed right as I'm selling my 3DS to pick up a Vita. Hopefully they still have some in stock later on. 

I called my target and asked them. He said of the three vita games they had, all of them were marked down 50%. Borderlands, mlb and something else. Would be worth it if those game were any good.

I guess the Target thing is real.

Street F vs Tekken And Street Fighter Marvel Were Both at my target on clearance. one was 20, the other 15. just can't clearly remember what was what price. One of the SF V T Did NOT have a clearance label, but the price scanner showed the reduced price.

I checked every Vita game, that was there. every single game that my store had, was on clearance.

EDIT: FYI Store location, Target in Mount Laurel, NJ

Centerton Square

(856) 533-1197

I think that if you ask your local target to call this one for the price check, they'll discount the game at your store.

Need it to be $5 clearance. Or at least 7.99 like the Clearance they had a few months ago.
Agreed. There a few titles I'd grab at $5 each or so just to sit in the backlog for a rainy day, Super monkey ball, some of the lego games.

I guess I will stop at Target today after work. The last time I checked their Vita stock it was actually decent (relatively, in terms of average Vita inventory you usually see) but every single game was full MSRP. If they have even half of that stuff and if it's marked down by 50% or more than there would probably be some worthy grabs. 

Checked my Target yesterday and found Rayman Legends for $12.  The only thing left was a single copy of Rayman and MLB the Show 15.  So I check out and take a few steps away from the counter and find I was handed an unsealed box with no game inside.  :whistle2:\  I hope they have more in the back which will find its way out in the next few weeks.

The Walmart near me had one Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD for the Vita left for $14.99. I picked it up. Couldn't resist that.

My Target had Minecraft for $10, MLB for $10, and Tearaway for $20. Other Vita games did not have clearance stickers. I picked up a copy of Minecraft for my niece since it includes a PS3 copy, and I haven't seen that version drop this low before.

I've never seen Minecraft for Playstation cheaper than this. With the Vita version you get PS3 ver as well, and after redeeming you can get the PS4 ver for $5 on PSN.

if anyone finds anything else let us know, id be willing to pay for some missing vita titles from my collection, everything at my store is pretty much MSRP or hilariously marked up.

like dungeon hunter for 30-40, and rayman legends for 39.00. Borderlands 2 is also 39.00, not having it at those prices.
For anyone in Phoenix AZ -- I visited two Targets in the last two days.

One at McClintock and Baseline had literally nothing, but the one at 2140 Baseline (at 22nd St.) had a few things -- Mortal Kombat $10, Minecraft $10, Rayman Legends $15, AssCreed Liberation $15, Tearaway $20. They had about 10-12 copies of the old PSP two-packs for $8. Can't remember which packs they were. They also had two copies of Dungeon Hunter Alliance for $30 -- I asked for a price check and was told they were still full price despite being discontinued. C'mon, Target. I would've bought one on clearance.

As is, I bought Rayman and thought about Mortal Kombat for a while. As far as other Targets in my area, there's one near ASU but I won't touch it with 40,000 college kids cramming into town right now.

The Walmart near me had one Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD for the Vita left for $14.99. I picked it up. Couldn't resist that.
I already have it but found FFX/X2 Vita at a Walmart while i was out of town 3 weeks ago, for $11...

they had 3 copies then. I knew I should have just grabbed them anyway.

I'm actually heading back there tomorrow.. I'll have to stop in and check. (if they have any FFX/X2 left for $11 i *will* buy them this time)

My Target had pretty much all the vita games (and remaining psp games) dumped into the clearance bin when I went today.  I grabbed Dead or Alive 5 Plus for $9.98.  Saw a bunch of the others that deadtrees listed in the Target clearance thread.  Check out the post here for more info:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330363-target-clearance-thread-xxii/?p=12898553

Might head back tomorrow just to see if I overlooked a copy of Minecraft floating around the store somewhere.

bread's done
Back