PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommended Dungeon Travellers 2 over Demon Gaze. If you can get past the moe capture screens, I think its a better game. I liked Demon Gaze for about 20 hours, but then the story got tedious and you start to realize that certain classes just don't work well. Dungeon Travellers has a good demo so I would recommend starting there.

I haven't tried any others on that list.
Dungeon Travelers 2 is slightly more mundane in dungeon/monster presentation but is good. Lots of customization with a decently difficult game. I've lost a few times and needed to grind a few times. You can also class/level change at certain times and not lose levels so you can see which classes you want to go. I recommend doing this when you get the class changes to see what fits your playstyle (this doesn't account for the end game which I've heard can be brutal).

What everyone said about PUR points expiring after a year of not posting any activity is what actually happened to me :p

With GCU I haven't really found any reasons to buy games at GS

Saw Dariusburst is available via Psn for Ps Vita & Ps4.. But the physical Ps Vita version on Play-Asia says in stock Jan.14 2016.. Did the physical version get delayed.? Did it sell out and that is when Play-Asia will get anothrr shipment..? Or was Jan.14 2016 the original release date for the physical ps vita all along. Any help appreciated...
Physical version is Vita only and releases 1/14/16 in Japan only. Although I'm interested in the game, no way am I paying $40 for a digital only release in NA. Will wait for it to go cheap.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm setting up my new Vita TV. I want to link my PSN account, but it says I need to do a system update first. Is there no way to just link my account without updating?

For the card size, I'd say it depends on how many Japanese games you envision yourself buying. Although if you're buying one right off the bat, you'll probably be open to getting more in the future.
For finding a good price, it's the same as with any product; just shop around.
Yes, you need a PS3 plus a vita game downloaded from your psn account and your computer. For your computer you need vitaupdateblocker to run as the middle man between the PS3 and the pstv. That's how I activated mine a few weeks ago.

It's actually a great choice for beginners of the genre.
I've only played a few (Elminage Original/Remix and Etrian Odyssey 4) and I thought it was too easy and stopped playing. I would recommend either EO before DG. There is almost no strategy involved. I played at least 20 hours I think.

I've only played a few (Elminage Original/Remix and Etrian Odyssey 4) and I thought it was too easy and stopped playing. I would recommend either EO before DG. There is almost no strategy involved. I played at least 20 hours I think.
I think you're doing it wrong if you find no strategy in EO.

All this talk of GS vs BB... no one store works out as the best deal for me.  There are no BB's nearby so returns are costly and just signing up for GCU would cost extra to drive the 90 miles round trip to make it happen.   Amazon often has great deals.  GS does too.  BB even occasionally has something as does Walmart and Target.  The main thing for me is paying the least possible for whatever game I'm hunting.  I don't care what store has it.  GS just happens to work out well for me finding games used and cashing those points back in to get other games mega cheap or free.

Physical copy of Teslagrad for PsVita was released in Europe and appears to be gone..Saw it listed at gamescentre.co.uk as out of stock.. Anybody know other sites to buy this physical copy anywhere..?

I think you're doing it wrong if you find no strategy in EO.
I think he was recommending EO over DG due to not believing the latter offers much strategy.

I'm playing Dungeon Travelers 2 at the moment. I don't have anything with which to compare it, but I'm enjoying it. I've definitely been party wiped by a few bosses already though.

I think he was recommending EO over DG due to not believing the latter offers much strategy.

I'm playing Dungeon Travelers 2 at the moment. I don't have anything with which to compare it, but I'm enjoying it. I've definitely been party wiped by a few bosses already though.
Maybe? It's certainly not the most clear statement.

I know it's going to be an expensive purchase, but does anyone know how to tell the difference between the various Final Fantasy X-2 Vita physical releases to figure out if it's the English one? 

Physical copy of Teslagrad for PsVita was released in Europe and appears to be gone..Saw it listed at gamescentre.co.uk as out of stock.. Anybody know other sites to buy this physical copy anywhere..?
Still only 26 Euros on Amazon.es . Not in stock but more are on the way:

http://www.amazon.es/Badland-Spain-Teslagrad/dp/B00O90GWCM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448022167&sr=8-2&keywords=teslagrad+ps+vita

Oooh and 19.99 Euros on Amazon.de, and it is in stock.

http://www.amazon.de/S-A-D-Teslagrad/dp/B00NQT48SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449104578&sr=8-1&keywords=teslagrad+vita

With conversion and shipping comes up to a little over $34 for me.

I've seen this chart tossed around a good bit on the web. I'm relatively new to the genre as well, and Demon Gaze was recommended to me for my first. It's definitely enjoyable, and not super difficult or complicated. It definitely feels like a good way to get into the genre.
The list should be prefaced with "if you can play etrian oddyssey, just play that and ignore this list"

I'm shocked that anyone has had their points expire with Gamestop. I didn't buy anything there from 2007-2011 and I didn't lose anything. Maybe it's a recent change, that policy was never enforced that I was aware of

Yes, you need a PS3 plus a vita game downloaded from your psn account and your computer. For your computer you need vitaupdateblocker to run as the middle man between the PS3 and the pstv. That's how I activated mine a few weeks ago.
So I guess there's no way to do it if you don't have a PS3 or PS4?

I'm shocked that anyone has had their points expire with Gamestop. I didn't buy anything there from 2007-2011 and I didn't lose anything. Maybe it's a recent change, that policy was never enforced that I was aware of
I've lost points. Don't shop enough to ever redeem them.

I totally forgot about GameStop's point system. All I know is every time my subscription is running out or nearing expiration they ask me if I would like to renew with using the points I have and I just give them the "okay" to use them. I don't know where the points come from because I haven't shopped at GameStop in awhile. I renewed when I went to buy Black Ops 3 Hardened Edition tho.

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this thread, since I just got a Vita last week. I just wanted to ask about something, sorry if it's been asked about before. I just saw this product on Playasia, which are pretty much L2/R2 buttons for the Vita. But since there's no description I'm not sure if it's just like button covers, or if they actually work as L2/R2 buttons which would be cool for remote play. And it says its for the Vita 1000, but would it be compatible with the Slim too? Sorry if this has already been asked, and thank you for the help.

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on this thread, since I just got a Vita last week. I just wanted to ask about something, sorry if it's been asked about before. I just saw this product on Playasia, which are pretty much L2/R2 buttons for the Vita. But since there's no description I'm not sure if it's just like button covers, or if they actually work as L2/R2 buttons which would be cool for remote play. And it says its for the Vita 1000, but would it be compatible with the Slim too? Sorry if this has already been asked, and thank you for the help.
That just acts to activate the rear touch pad for remote play and it's a case so the 1000 one won't work with a 2000. I think someone said a 2000 is available or coming or something too.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

That just acts to activate the rear touch pad for remote play and it's a case so the 1000 one won't work with a 2000. I think someone said a 2000 is available or coming or something too.
The grip for the 2000 (Slim) has already been out, it came out first. The new one is the one for the 1000 (Old Model/Fat) and is available for pre-order. Both are import only, and yeah you'll need the correct/matching model.

Do my points ever expire?

Yes, they can. If there is no account activity posted to your account for one year (12 consecutive months), the account is subject to closure and termination, includin forfeiture of all accrued points. "Activity" is defined as making a purchase or a trade at GameStop or GameStop.com or making a purchase of Kongregate Kreds on Kongregate.com.
Huh. SO i guess the key is just to buy something every year then. Ok. Had me worried there because i have an ass-ton of points and it would suck to lose them.. even though i guess i dont really use them for anything because i almost never buy used games and they never have good coupons for new games

\

NISA Store Questions:

IS the NISA store the only way to get a physical copy of Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (and it's only available as an LE)?

Also, if an order is over $75 but one or more of the items are pre-orders will the free shipping still apply?
Yes it counts. BUT the order will not ship until the pre-order is released. I found this out the hard way once =P

And as for Atelier Escha; im not postitive, but im pretty sure that will be the only US physical version released

What everyone said about PUR points expiring after a year of not posting any activity is what actually happened to me :p

With GCU I haven't really found any reasons to buy games at GS
I rarely do either but i do preorder from them alot in case my BBY LE's come in smshed. Then i just return the smashed copy to a different GS store. Kinda a dick move, i know. But you know what? Its Gamestop. fuck em

I never considered snagging one because i thought i read that there was a US physical verison coming... is that not the case? If so maybe i should get a UK copy?

US Version of Teslagrad is still coming, but has been delayed until early 2016 due to a distribution issue between the publisher and whoever the still unnamed US distributor is.

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I have a 3.36 PSTV I don't want to update, but want to play non whitelisted games from the PSN store loaded onto another system's memory card.
Noob question, why do people use Vita update blockers? What undesirable features do the updates add?

Still only 26 Euros on Amazon.es . Not in stock but more are on the way:

http://www.amazon.es/Badland-Spain-Teslagrad/dp/B00O90GWCM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448022167&sr=8-2&keywords=teslagrad+ps+vita

Oooh and 19.99 Euros on Amazon.de, and it is in stock.

http://www.amazon.de/S-A-D-Teslagrad/dp/B00NQT48SM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449104578&sr=8-1&keywords=teslagrad+vita

With conversion and shipping comes up to a little over $34 for me.
Anyone know if either of these have full English cover art? A lot of times the German releases have cover art copy that's entirely in German, save for the title. I'm kind of picky about that and would like to lock in a physical version with English cover art in case the US physical version never actually materializes.

Noob question, why do people use Vita update blockers? What undesirable features do the updates add?
It's not that they add undesirable features, it's that they block desirable exploits. The one in question is an exploit for the Vita TV that lets you play games listed as "not compatible with Vita TV."

Is it just me or is Danganrona no where as good as the first? I'm in the second trial and the game isn't bad but I'm not really hooked. And it's not just being a sequel thing because i loved VLR.

Is it just me or is Danganrona no where as good as the first? I'm in the second trial and the game isn't bad but I'm not really hooked. And it's not just being a sequel thing because i loved VLR.
I had similar complaints. The characters were all less memorable. But the overall story towards the end is better than the first by a little bit.

It seems like my opinion is the uncommon one, but I liked Danganronpa 2's overall story better, especially the plot twists towards the endgame. I think the first Danganronpa had a better cast, though.

I didn't like Danganronpa 2 as much as the first one. It gets weirder and weirder as it goes on, which is good, but overall still feels too much like a retread of the first game. I mean, some of that is intentional and intended to subvert your expectations, but a lot of it is really just the same stuff again, leaving you waiting for a twist that never comes.

(I also greatly prefer Zero Escape to DGR - I like them both, but 999 & VLR come out ahead in my book.) 

Did we play the same game?
Ha, I'm sure we did! I'm not great at explaining these things I guess. When I say "twists" I don't mean like, in the main plot which obviously has no shortage of them. I meant more on the micro level, with individual characters and events which I thought were sometimes surprisingly un-surprising. Nowhere near all of them, just enough to give me some very wrong hunches which again was probably the intent.

Is there a list of otome games that are coming out in English for next year?  Or is the only ones that were announced were Amnesia, Norn 9, and Code Realize, which all came out already.

I gave up on not updating my Vita TV and just said eff it. It's still cool playing these games on a big screen, even if several games aren't compatible. There's a good chance they'll come up with a way to hack this firmware sooner or later.

The list should be prefaced with "if you can play etrian oddyssey, just play that and ignore this list"
The dude that asked the question originally was asking specifically about Vita games and if Demon Gaze was a good place to start for someone new to the genre. Also as for Etrian Odyssey (of which I own or have owned the first 4 games in the series), I think it may be just a little too much for a noob to the genre. But it's certainly a good direction to go once you get your feet wet and decide if you even like the genre.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart is posted on the main CAG site for $16.37 at Amazon. Figured I would add that here in case someone missed it. Pretty good price!. Looks like the price has been dropping on camelcamelcamel for the last several weeks, but this is the lowest it has dropped so far.
Yeah, I mentioned that a few days or so ago after I bought my copy. It's been just over $16 for almost a week.

But hey, no harm bringing up good deals.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart is posted on the main CAG site for $16.37 at Amazon. Figured I would add that here in case someone missed it. Pretty good price!. Looks like the price has been dropping on camelcamelcamel for the last several weeks, but this is the lowest it has dropped so far.
Thanks for posting this because as soon as I read this I cashed out on bing to get $30 in amazon gift cards. Now all I need to do is find a random $5 fill in item for the vita and I'll get free shipping. Guess I better pull out the list to see what I can grab, or else snag a game for the ps3

Looks like I'm in the majority for once. I definitely agree the cast was better in the first game. I also never really cared about Monokuma so adding a female one doesn't really do anything for me.

I gave up on not updating my Vita TV and just said eff it. It's still cool playing these games on a big screen, even if several games aren't compatible. There's a good chance they'll come up with a way to hack this firmware sooner or later.
That's what I ended up doing. I also got to thinking about it and I don't want to give Sony any real reason to ever ban me from my account.

That would explain it pretty well then hah! Feels like a lot longer ago.
Yeah probably because before PUR was the Edge system which did most of the same stuff.

Looks like I'm in the majority for once. I definitely agree the cast was better in the first game. I also never really cared about Monokuma so adding a female one doesn't really do anything for me.
It was the obvious progression:

Dorami-Dancing-With-Doraemon.jpg

(FYI, the voice actress of Doraemon from 1979-2005 voiced Monokuma)

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles rated for PS Vita in Brazil

11rrxoz.jpg

"The Brazil Advisory Rating Board has rated Assassin’s Creed Chronicles for PS Vita.

The Assassin’s Creed Chronicles trilogy—which consists of Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India, and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia—is currently only available across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft has not announced plans to bring the series to PS Vita."

Physical copy of Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy for the Ps Vita is up for Pre-order at Play-Asia.. Wierd though..it says Chinese Subtitles and English voice for language.. $29.99 + shipping-might be worth grabbing at this price.. Gameplay looks very unique and different compared to any other Assassin's Creed games..

bread's done
Back