PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a recent change. I think it was limited to $10 (First Class no tracking), $15 (Priority with tracking) before, but they changed it in the last day or so.

So I guess anyone that ordered it before the change got screwed on shipping.
8duvuNd.gif

I hope you held on to all the pokemon games at least since they are worth alot these days. especially soul silver/gold
Nope, I had all complete with original packaging: Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Red, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon: TCG, and Pokemon Pinball. And sold all of those bundled with a complete with original box teal GBC. Got $90 for it. Literally less than two months after that the resell prices on all of the Pokemon games spiked up to original MSRP territory which was just devastating to witness. I've re-bought Blue, Red, Yellow, and Pinball all cart only in the years since, but not come across another copy of TCG. Frankly just finding a complete copy of any GB/GBC/GBA game in the wild has become a rare event and one has to be so cautious now because of fake/un-authorized reproduction GBA carts.

Also forgot that at one point about seven years back I purged all of the PSP games that I didn't particularly care much about, and am planning another purge of the games that I didn't much care for again sometime in the near future. Shall also do a purge of PS2 games at some point as I've got probably a hundred games for the system which have almost all piled up from yard sales over the years some of which were in lots where I really just wanted one or two of the games but had no choice but to buy them all to get the ones I actually wanted. It's not that I dislike these systems, but there are certain systems which I have a stronger emotional attachment to and therefore find more enjoyable growing collections thereof. And the older I get the more space seems to be a major issue for me so a realistic factor of going through with purging games for select systems is partly out of need for games on systems I care a bit more about. But this is fairly off-topic from the Vita.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist Updated Yesterday:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

I think too many people want a complete something like the whole NA Vita collection. I do like purges now and then for things, doing it a lot right now moving. Sometimes I wish I purged games earlier like Evolve and Destiny after I stopped playing them to get some decent money back, but when I was like I'm ready to purge they were worthless then. I know I purged Ultimate Tetris Vita, since I couldn't see myself playing it over Lumines, plus it was really boring me and made me want to almost get the gameboy out and play that version instead. 

I think too many people want a complete something like the whole NA Vita collection. I do like purges now and then for things, doing it a lot right now moving. Sometimes I wish I purged games earlier like Evolve and Destiny after I stopped playing them to get some decent money back, but when I was like I'm ready to purge they were worthless then. I know I purged Ultimate Tetris Vita, since I couldn't see myself playing it over Lumines, plus it was really boring me and made me want to almost get the gameboy out and play that version instead.
The trophies in Ultimate Tetris are annoying and the game is a waste of the Vita's screen. Lumines is MUCH better :D

Planning to order way too much stuff in the coming months. Kinda want the $75 criminal girls but there are so many vita releases I may just get the standard special

Amazon exclusives are the killer to me as I don't have prime. Gonna have to let some of these pass and hope they get cheaper

Not just a tumbler, NISA announced on Monday that they've sweetened the offer with an illustration as well.:

http://nisamerica.com/games/yomawari/gallery.php
Still pass since it's more expensive on NISA originally because of the tumbler, and you really can't beat 20% off from Amazon, with or without an extra illustration.

I guess it makes sense that they're trying to sweet the deal a bit now as they're basically still full inventory on NISA, lol.

I just received my first day available preorder of Zero Time Dilemma from Amazon and there was no watch in the box...have people received or are people receiving their watches?

Hi all! New vita owner here and I've already filled my 4gb card. What are considered good prices for a 32gb (or bigger) card? Do they have to also be exclusive to playstation, or is it a proprietary card? Any help appreciated as I know nothing other that I love me some quirky and classic JRPG action

Hi all! New vita owner here and I've already filled my 4gb card. What are considered good prices for a 32gb (or bigger) card? Do they have to also be exclusive to playstation, or is it a proprietary card? Any help appreciated as I know nothing other that I love me some quirky and classic JRPG action
Just deal with the 32GB at $60 card. It's pricey but it beats getting the 64GB and not knowing when the data gets corrupted because of a hardware design flaw. Actually I have a 16GB card and it's enough, though the USB transfer speeds between it and the PS3 are okay, not great.

===

A watch? Wear a clock around your neck to tell the time.

Got my Lego SW TFA Vita pre-order bonus. A quick PM to Mike on the Best Buy Forum with my order # and My BB account # ... and the points posted in a couple hours with a PM response from him.

Just deal with the 32GB at $60 card. It's pricey but it beats getting the 64GB and not knowing when the data gets corrupted because of a hardware design flaw. Actually I have a 16GB card and it's enough, though the USB transfer speeds between it and the PS3 are okay, not great.

===
A watch? Wear a clock around your neck to tell the time.
Can you provide any additional information about the defect (links etc.). My 64gb did fail on me once, had to reformat it but it's been fine since that time. I also have two 32gb cards, one in a backup Vita and one for my PSTV, and both have been fine.

Just want to plug Lumines, anyone doesn't have it on Vita yet should get it. Great game.
I love Lumines, it was one of the first games I picked up for Vita and by far my favorite launch title for the PSP. Before online leaderboards my friends and I would update via text message on our scores and the competition got real heated for awhile.

Can you provide any additional information about the defect (links etc.). My 64gb did fail on me once, had to reformat it but it's been fine since that time. I also have two 32gb cards, one in a backup Vita and one for my PSTV, and both have been fine.
To my knowledge there's not any specific, or reputable information on this other than just higher than normal reports of their failure from numerous discussions on several sites. While I remember seeing some discussions going into some of the grittier details, like the design flaws, I don't believe there's been any particularly concrete, and reputable source that could point out the particular issue, as most of the discussions were more speculations too if anything.

It's just that the unusually high number of reports over the rate of corruption and failure is a bit high, so many have discussed this in length as to what could be causing such a problem.

If you need something more official, not sure anybody would have that for you necessarily.

Got my Lego SW TFA Vita pre-order bonus. A quick PM to Mike on the Best Buy Forum with my order # and My BB account # ... and the points posted in a couple hours with a PM response from him.
Been six days since I e-mailed Best Buy, and another two days since following up to the response e-mail by calling them on the telephone and still not received the reward certificate.

Also about to re-message GameSlop as I have heard absolutely nothing back from them since messaging them on Saturday in regards to their failure to apply the additional 10% off during the Pro Members Sale this past Saturday. Terrible service everywhere these days... except Trader Joes... they has the cookies!

they are Sony brand or nothing. If you keep an eye out, Amazon warehouse deals has them for $45 every once in awhile.

Whats that? Is it on Vita?
On the original DS. Really old. Meteos and Lumines were basically sister series, but Meteos never took off like Lumines did and kind of died with the last gen. I still like to bring it up from time to time though.

On the original DS. Really old. Meteos and Lumines were basically sister series, but Meteos never took off like Lumines did and kind of died with the last gen. I still like to bring it up from time to time though.
Which is ironic because you literally cleared blocks by making them lift off. Was the first game that made me want a DS when it was still this monstrosity.

I may have to track down a copy. Thanks for bringing it up.

It's something about how the Vita's sleep mode deals with memory card access, as it's not actually off. Something about the 64GB cards that cause the data corruption at a higher rate than 32GB or lower. People say if you actually turn off the Vita system it will be okay, but Sony systems aren't designed to be turned on and off like a 3DS.

anyone ready for this!!! Amazon has changed ppl orders of the limited edition to standard. I am beyond pissed I saved my convo from that chat.
My still as of yet unfulfilled order is showing as the Watch edition. Were you one of the people which Amazon sent the game first with a promise of the watch later?

Yep i was now im being tols they wont be getting it (obvious lies)
Continuously chatting with Amazon about the watch will not get it to you any sooner. in fact, you have a better chance of screwing up your order and not getting a watch the more you contact them. Aksys has no word on the watches yet and it will probably be months before we see it.

Chill out and follow Aksys Danny on Twitter if you want updates.

Continuously chatting with Amazon about the watch will not get it to you any sooner. in fact, you have a better chance of screwing up your order and not getting a watch the more you contact them. Aksys has no word on the watches yet and it will probably be months before we see it.

Chill out and follow Aksys Danny on Twitter if you want updates.
Well my order now says sstandard so it doesnt matter bout the watch anymore

bread's done
Back