PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
the stories of some posters building houses and wives out of their backlogs :shock:
tumblr_n5dddkytnl1t6t828o1_500.gif

I finally got started last night on sorting through my game collections, figuring out what I want to keep and play, and what I want to just sell off because I'm either not that interested, done with it, or own it digitally. My main progress was with my Vita games. 67 games with all stickers removed (if they had any), put in a list with what each one comes with, and ready for pricing. Probably 50% or more are still sealed & new (all are complete). I'm currently keeping 10 games. But before I start selling I'm going to play the games I plan to keep at least a little bit because if anything doesn't seem fun I want to get rid of it with the others rather than have to sell them off later. I also might change my mind about a game I'm selling... so it'll be nice having a little gap time before pulling the trigger.

It's going to be a long road to get through all the systems I've collected for... but I'm kind of excited to do the work and get this all behind me. Hopefully others will get to round out their collections... and I'll have a collection more tuned to what I truly love about gaming.

I'm glad I sat this one out.
And that's more or less what I've been doing with my Vita as well... keeping only games I either can't get on any other console, or that I prefer to play in a portable format. Games like Aqua Kitty just don't belong on a PS4 imo. It barely uses the horsepower of even the Vita.

But yeah, I'm done with keeping around games that don't actually interest me much. There's still a bit of a backlog left but now it's actually realistically possible to get through it in my lifetime lol.

Where's your trade thread? :)

I finally got started last night on sorting through my game collections, figuring out what I want to keep and play, and what I want to just sell off because I'm either not that interested, done with it, or own it digitally. My main progress was with my Vita games. 67 games with all stickers removed (if they had any), put in a list with what each one comes with, and ready for pricing. Probably 50% or more are still sealed & new (all are complete). I'm currently keeping 10 games. But before I start selling I'm going to play the games I plan to keep at least a little bit because if anything doesn't seem fun I want to get rid of it with the others rather than have to sell them off later. I also might change my mind about a game I'm selling... so it'll be nice having a little gap time before pulling the trigger.

It's going to be a long road to get through all the systems I've collected for... but I'm kind of excited to do the work and get this all behind me. Hopefully others will get to round out their collections... and I'll have a collection more tuned to what I truly love about gaming.

I'm glad I sat this one out.

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklist Updated:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:

- 2017 -
Curses N Chaos (2/3)
The Swapper (2/3)
Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (February?)
-
Akiba's Beat (3/14)
Toukiden 2 (3/21)
God Wars: Future Past (3/28)
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (March TBA)
-
A Rose in the Twilight (4/11)
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~ (4/28)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (2nd Quarter)
Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy (2nd Quarter)
Tokyo Xanadu (2nd Quarter)
-
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (3rd Quarter)
Mary Skelter: Nightmares (3rd Quarter)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (3rd Quarter)
Plague Road (3rd Quarter)
Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (3rd Quarter)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (May)
-
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth (4th Quarter)
-
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
Fallen Legion (TBA)
Farming Simulator 18 (TBA)
Fault: Milestone One (TBA)
Narcissu: 10th Anniversay Anthology (TBA)
Nuclear Throne (TBA)
Oceanhorn (TBA)
Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
Runner 3 (TBA)
Salt and Sanctuary (TBA)
The Emerald Tablet (TBA)
The Nonary Games (TBA)
The Swindle: A Steampunk Cybercrime Caper (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

- 2018 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (TBA)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

backloggery? It's not that useful since they will delete your account if you are inactive. I just throw my games into a word pad then throw the list into a randomizer and let people vote on what I play next when I am not certain.
I have a backloggery account and logged in for the first time in multiple years, my account was still there

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

I've been interested in the Super Robot Wars franchise since it came out on the GBA.  Question, should I pick up SD Gundam G Generation Genesis or wait for Super Robot Wars V?

I've been interested in the Super Robot Wars franchise since it came out on the GBA. Question, should I pick up SD Gundam G Generation Genesis or wait for Super Robot Wars V?
If you care about SRW get V. If you only want to use UC Gundam get G Generation.

Finally getting the hang of FATE/EXTELLA now, so really enjoying it now.

I am very, very impressed on how well it performs on the Vita. The downside is that the game is a real battery drainer, but I would very much prefer a battery drain than lag, since I can remedy the former by using my official VITA portable battery, if needed, I still get a solid 2.5 hours from my old 1000.

There is only two. And Kiwami is the better version

Also, this came in on Friday from Heavy Arm

The only update was adding Aqua Kitty?
Negative! While it is true that the typical update is simply the addition of a entry for a new release, this update was not typical thanks to a e-mail from a reader. Expanded the entry for Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed to include the Canadian release and, something that was brought to my attention in said e-mail, the non-Bonus standard edition release.

That standard edition was quite the shock to say the least as I feel certain it didn't exist when I had originally created the directory. So far, I've never encountered a standard edition in the wild personally. Definitely makes sense for it to exist considering the original release run was all "Bonus Edition", but even so there have been many games released to date on the Vita which didn't sell well enough to warrant reprinting of standard editions. It is quite the curio though seeing as Sega of America's own website mostly neglects giving hard details for their Vita releases, with this title being no exception. The official game announcement trailer for the Vita & 3DS versions clearly shows only the "Bonus Edition" package art at the end for both platforms. We can actually come up with a generalization for when the standard edition packaging release occurred based on two known factors.:

1. Standard edition packaging is printed only in English.:

Knowing this is a very telling clue as, Sega ceased creating French-Canadian friendly game packaging in 2014. But, this game was originally released in 2012, and did originally have both a U.S.A. and a Canadian packaging variant.

2. MSRP Dropped and spike in availability occurred in 2016.:

It's not difficult to imagine that the demand for the only Sonic the Hedgehog game made for the Vita platform would be rather high. In December 2015 the demand exceeded availability and secondary market pricing went rather high. Sega has demonstrated with their Vita titles many times already that they can and will reprint sold out games if a sufficient demand still exists, and I believe this is an example of that happening. Now, as for why they changed to a non-bonus edition packaging, that part is rather easy. The Bonus Edition content was a DLC code printed on a insert. So you might view the packaging change as a means by which Sega cut their bottom line cost of production by not having to pack in paper with uniquely generated redemption code card in every game case.

So it is my guess that the game got reprinted/re-released just last year.

Negative! While it is true that the typical update is simply the addition of a entry for a new release, this update was not typical thanks to a e-mail from a reader. Expanded the entry for Sonic & All Star Racing Transformed to include the Canadian release and, something that was brought to my attention in said e-mail, the non-Bonus standard edition release.

That standard edition was quite the shock to say the least as I feel certain it didn't exist when I had originally created the directory. So far, I've never encountered a standard edition in the wild personally. Definitely makes sense for it to exist considering the original release run was all "Bonus Edition", but even so there have been many games released to date on the Vita which didn't sell well enough to warrant reprinting of standard editions. It is quite the curio though seeing as Sega of America's own website mostly neglects giving hard details for their Vita releases, with this title being no exception. The official game announcement trailer for the Vita & 3DS versions clearly shows only the "Bonus Edition" package art at the end for both platforms. We can actually come up with a generalization for when the standard edition packaging release occurred based on two known factors.:

1. Standard edition packaging is printed only in English.:

Knowing this is a very telling clue as, Sega ceased creating French-Canadian friendly game packaging in 2014. But, this game was originally released in 2012, and did originally have both a U.S.A. and a Canadian packaging variant.

2. MSRP Dropped and spike in availability occurred in 2016.:

It's not difficult to imagine that the demand for the only Sonic the Hedgehog game made for the Vita platform would be rather high. In December 2015 the demand exceeded availability and secondary market pricing went rather high. Sega has demonstrated with their Vita titles many times already that they can and will reprint sold out games if a sufficient demand still exists, and I believe this is an example of that happening. Now, as for why they changed to a non-bonus edition packaging, that part is rather easy. The Bonus Edition content was a DLC code printed on a insert. So you might view the packaging change as a means by which Sega cut their bottom line cost of production by not having to pack in paper with uniquely generated redemption code card in every game case.

So it is my guess that the game got reprinted/re-released just last year.
My copy is the non-bonus version and is in English only. I bought it used from Hastings (gohastings.com) when they were still in business. I actually found the email from the purchase in December of 2015 when they had the double 50% off sale (they marked a bunch of used games half off and then there was a promo code to get half off of that price). If I knew then what I know now I would have jumped on a bunch more Vita stuff. I bought the game used so would think the reprint probably occurred earlier than this if that is what happened. I wonder if it could have also been a situation where some stores got the bonus edition and others did not. So what did I miss out on not getting the dlc?

While we are on the subject of versions of games is it safe to assume that all European releases will have the option for English? I am looking for some kid friendly releases like Looney Tunes and Epic Mickey and the non-UK versions seem to be cheaper and easier to find. The Ratchet and Clank I bought was the Denmark/Scandinavian version and there is a menu when it loads to select the language you want to play the game in. Not sure if that is a (somewhat) universal thing for region 2 releases.

My copy is the non-bonus version and is in English only. I bought it used from Hastings (gohastings.com) when they were still in business. I actually found the email from the purchase in December of 2015 when they had the double 50% off sale (they marked a bunch of used games half off and then there was a promo code to get half off of that price). If I knew then what I know now I would have jumped on a bunch more Vita stuff. I bought the game used so would think the reprint probably occurred earlier than this if that is what happened. I wonder if it could have also been a situation where some stores got the bonus edition and others did not. So what did I miss out on not getting the dlc?

While we are on the subject of versions of games is it safe to assume that all European releases will have the option for English? I am looking for some kid friendly releases like Looney Tunes and Epic Mickey and the non-UK versions seem to be cheaper and easier to find. The Ratchet and Clank I bought was the Denmark/Scandinavian version and there is a menu when it loads to select the language you want to play the game in. Not sure if that is a (somewhat) universal thing for region 2 releases.
Interesting, thanks for that info! So it can be safely dated pre-2016 then. That puts it into 2014 - 2015 release window, interesting.

No, not all European releases feature English as an option. The more mainstream titles you just named do typically have English as either a option, or even reportedly sometimes as the only language regardless of the cover art language, but it does vary from title to title. As example, the Tadeo Jones games, for which there are two, come to mind as titles which are reportedly only in Spanish.

Figuring out the European releases is undeniably difficult as the whole of the continent is the same region code but not every game gets released in every country due, primarily, to language barrier and secondly due to licensing agreements. Primary release nations for Vita games in Europe, in order of majority share are England/Great Britain/United Kingdom/Boaty McBoatface/Whatever-name-they-opt-for-next, Germany, Spain, and France (thankfully those last three nations have simple names). Other of the European nations have had, and likely will have again, releases though but these are much harder to keep track of due to lower print runs, Cyrillic language barriers, and unknown methods of promotion and distribution within the target release nation. Typically these type releases end up being sub-licensed non-localized games with only required nation specific case art featuring the nations specific rating logo and a disclaimer about what language(s) the game is playable in.

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the European releases is really the utter lack of them and the complete neglect on Sony's part to attempt reaching out to the consumer market in big high-populace countries such as the Czech Republic and Russian Federation. They've made great strides at developing product presence in Southeast Asia over the last few years which has obviously work fantastic for them giving them market share there. But still no sign of them following in Sega's footsteps with establishing themselves in the Brazilian market, where Sega dominated from the late 80's through the mid-90's thanks to their partnership with Tec Toy. Oh well, we've never accused Sony's leadership of being competent.

Interesting, thanks for that info! So it can be safely dated pre-2016 then. That puts it into 2014 - 2015 release window, interesting.

No, not all European releases feature English as an option. The more mainstream titles you just named do typically have English as either a option, or even reportedly sometimes as the only language regardless of the cover art language, but it does vary from title to title. As example, the Tadeo Jones games, for which there are two, come to mind as titles which are reportedly only in Spanish.

Figuring out the European releases is undeniably difficult as the whole of the continent is the same region code but not every game gets released in every country due, primarily, to language barrier and secondly due to licensing agreements. Primary release nations for Vita games in Europe, in order of majority share are England/Great Britain/United Kingdom/Boaty McBoatface/Whatever-name-they-opt-for-next, Germany, Spain, and France (thankfully those last three nations have simple names). Other of the European nations have had, and likely will have again, releases though but these are much harder to keep track of due to lower print runs, Cyrillic language barriers, and unknown methods of promotion and distribution within the target release nation. Typically these type releases end up being sub-licensed non-localized games with only required nation specific case art featuring the nations specific rating logo and a disclaimer about what language(s) the game is playable in.

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the European releases is really the utter lack of them and the complete neglect on Sony's part to attempt reaching out to the consumer market in big high-populace countries such as the Czech Republic and Russian Federation. They've made great strides at developing product presence in Southeast Asia over the last few years which has obviously work fantastic for them giving them market share there. But still no sign of them following in Sega's footsteps with establishing themselves in the Brazilian market, where Sega dominated from the late 80's through the mid-90's thanks to their partnership with Tec Toy. Oh well, we've never accused Sony's leadership of being competent.
Sony and third parties certainly has an interest in Russian market. Just about every Sony first party, EA and Ubisoft games have Russian language version, new release like Deus Ex and Resident Evil 7 also has Russian sub.

Completeness check for used titles.  Both Toukiden Age of Demons and Disgaea 3 were without manuals, correct?

With these two I am up to 124 US releases.

Also I received an update from Gaijinworks.  Seems they are expecting to begin shipping Summon Night 6 in about 8 weeks.

Thanks

Also I received an update from Gaijinworks.  Seems they are expecting to begin shipping Summon Night 6 in about 8 weeks.

Thanks[/quote]

Have they released any information on when a standard edition will be released?

Also I received an update from Gaijinworks. Seems they are expecting to begin shipping Summon Night 6 in about 8 weeks.

Thanks

Have they released any information on when a standard edition will be released?
[/QUOTE]The last update they had was the standard retail release will ship in late March 2017, but that could change obviously.

Both of the Tadeo games have the option to be played in English. The first one has an English option at the title screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muh0ExRMVOM). I found a review of the second one where the reviewer seemed to think that it auto-detects switches to English if that is how your Vita is set (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUjOqKnxFxk).

I have not bought one, but I have seen a few games pop up on eBay that are from Eastern Europe that appear to be multilingual.

Kinda new teaser trailer for Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. I have never seen a SRPG game with such cool battle animations. I am very hyped. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkm1GI03Ss

I noticed that most (all but 2) of the local Walmarts had lowered Terraria Vita to $9 on Brickseek so I stopped by the local store.  The case still said $19.96 but sure enough it scanned for $9.  If you're looking for this game for under $10 you may want to check out Walmart.

Both of the Tadeo games have the option to be played in English. The first one has an English option at the title screen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muh0ExRMVOM). I found a review of the second one where the reviewer seemed to think that it auto-detects switches to English if that is how your Vita is set (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUjOqKnxFxk).

I have not bought one, but I have seen a few games pop up on eBay that are from Eastern Europe that appear to be multilingual.
I played through the first Tadeo game and it is in English but there is so little story to the game that even if it wasn't in English it wouldn't really matter. I hated the game so much that I just recently sold it on ebay. The game is not good and the end levels and glitches are annoying. I would avoid it as it wears out its charm really quick.

I noticed that most (all but 2) of the local Walmarts had lowered Terraria Vita to $9 on Brickseek so I stopped by the local store. The case still said $19.96 but sure enough it scanned for $9. If you're looking for this game for under $10 you may want to check out Walmart.
Jumped on that deal yesterday at my local WM. Same for Lego Harry Potter (the only other vita game at a Walmart within 50+ miles of me)

Does Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition usually come sealed? For some unknown reason I ordered it from GS online and it arrived today unsealed and with scratches all over the box.

Can I return to a local store if I purchased online?

Does Trails of Cold Steel Lionheart Edition usually come sealed? For some unknown reason I ordered it from GS online and it arrived today unsealed and with scratches all over the box.

yeah you have 30 days to return in store. I've done it plenty of times with no issues.

Yeah, almost every SE I know of comes sealed. "N" uses those circle tab tape for some of theirs, but everyone else normally seals theirs with the heat shrink method seal.

GS often pulls inventory from local stores, and since they gut 95% of in store items, more than likely, yours was one of those. I stopped even ordering things from them that may come opened, but for sure take it back, as that is complete BS!

Unfortunately it's OOS at Amazon right now. Local GS shows one in stock - guess I can take this one back there and hope the one they have hasn't been opened (highly unlikely I know)...

Yeah, almost every SE I know of comes sealed. "N" uses those circle tab tape for some of theirs, but everyone else normally seals theirs with the heat shrink method seal.

GS often pulls inventory from local stores, and since they gut 95% of in store items, more than likely, yours was one of those. I stopped even ordering things from them that may come opened, but for sure take it back, as that is complete BS!

Unfortunately it's OOS at Amazon right now. Local GS shows one in stock - guess I can take this one back there and hope the one they have hasn't been opened (highly unlikely I know)...
I'm lucky, as my closest GS never guts their LE games. At least none I've ever wanted to buy. So they are to lazy, to busy, or just don't give a flying fuck to follow corporate and their dopey ass rules! LOL

Should have no problems returning it.

Welcome to lamestop where even online orders can be just pulled off some random stores shelf where they open it, gut it to use as a display and ship it for a website order but will still argue that is brand new.

Next time shop somewhere else.

Any SRPGs currently out besides Disgaea? I see a lot in the pipeline but not many have released outside of psp games
Am I missing something?
Conception II, Grand Kingdom, Lost Dimension, and Nocturnal Doctrine are a few of the physical releases I can think of.

There are a lot of older games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and a few others that I can't think of.
Jeanne d'Arc and Knights in the Nightmare are a couple more PSP games to add.

So I got Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. I have done some research online about getting the english subtitles and it looks like I need to download it from the Hong Kong PSN store? Is there any easy way to do this? Are there any down sides? Thanks

Conception II, Grand Kingdom, Lost Dimension, and Nocturnal Doctrine are a few of the physical releases I can think of.

Jeanne d'Arc and Knights in the Nightmare are a couple more PSP games to add.
He said since the PSP.

Also, Conception II, Grand Kingdom are definitely not the same kind of games. Conception II is a third person dungeon crawler with 4 positions in combat, and Grand Kingdom is... harder to describe. More like Clash of Heroes or Tales of Phantasia than TRPG/SRPG.

Natural Doctrine is probably close to being the same type of game.

Any SRPGs currently out besides Disgaea? I see a lot in the pipeline but not many have released outside of psp games
Am I missing something?
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

NAtURAL DOCtRINE

Trillion: God of Destruction

bread's done
Back