PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any good L2+R2 grips for Vita 1000? Actually any one that doesn't break the bank. I saw some eBay that seemed okay but in the $50ish range, that's high unless I know it's a quality product.

The Joetsu one is all I can think of, but it's pricey and probably not durable (I have the Vita 2000 version and the tabs that hold the console in place sheared off).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-VITA-1000-for-L2-R2-buttons-mounted-grip-cover-Black-PlayStation-Vita-NEW-/282277952949?hash=item41b913bdb5:g:6~EAAOSwa~BYQioi
i would check amazon, i jumped on those along time ago, imported a good one for the 1000 and the l3/r3 one for the 2000, wish they would have made the 3 button one for the 1000 though, keep in mind that some of the holders make it harder to use the left and right buttons

Finally broke down and ordered YS VIII CE from NISA.

I don't really have the spare funds and I don't really know how to pay for it yet, but I am weak, so very weak.

I don't really have the spare funds and I don't really know how to pay for it yet, but I am weak, so very weak.
I feels those feels.

mC7cTyN3.jpeg

Was able to grab Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for $5 at Walmart. Took two months before they changed the price. This was the only game that had a price adjustment. 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:26932]

On Bloodstained for the Vita:

Our readers at DualShockers really love the PS Vita and I know that Armature is the studio working on that version of Bloodstained. Is that version of the game still going to release on time alongside the others?

Iga: What we usually do when we port the game to the Vita is that we make the PC version first and then have that be imported onto the Vita. As far as the timing goes, we are pretty certain – but not positive – that we will be releasing the Vita version alongside the rest of the platforms. When we saw Armature’s process of the port we thought it was looking fantastic. We have high hopes for the Vita version.

http://www.dualshockers.com/bloodstained-ritual-night-interview-koji-igarashi-face-name-genre/

Was able to grab Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed for $5 at Walmart. Took two months before they changed the price. This was the only game that had a price adjustment.
Fantastic deal on a great kart racing game for the Vita. All of the Walmart stores in my area have almost no Vita games anymore.

Fantastic deal on a great kart racing game for the Vita. All of the Walmart stores in my area have almost no Vita games anymore.
This was from a Walmart with only three Vita games. I bought these two so there's only one game left which is Fifa Soccer, but the price was $29.99. Waited pretty long for the Sonic Racing Game so it will be enjoyed. There's rarely any Vita games at Walmart now. If I don't see any, I usually just go look for Hot Wheels.

Agreed, that was a super sweet deal, as Transformed is one of the best kart racers of all time(IMO). Based on the content within the game, I would say this is one of the few games I own that is worth the full asking price. Of course I bought it on sale, but having played it a great deal when I first got it, I would say it's worth the buy at $40.

Sadly, my local Walmart selection has been either Minecraft or Terraria for like the last several years, so no gems to be found for me.

Yeah, that's a killer deal for Transformed. I loved it on Steam. Would love to score the vita version for that price. If only there were walmarts near where I lived -_- . Great find! Very jealous.

I almost broke down, but there's nothing in the CE that I really wanted, to justify the price tag. Cloth poster is cool, but I already have too many posters I haven't even hung up yet. Will probably use the money I saved, to import the full Ys VIII artbook.

My Walmart still has Lumines for $29.96 but they clearanced their other Vita games a few months ago. No clue why they're holding onto this one.

Anyone know a decent place to get a vita? My nephew broke mine on accident, but I can't seem to find any that aren't super expensive...
eBay, GameStop used or Amazon warehouse deals/Amazon are pretty much your only options at this point (that I'm aware of at least). Could always try Craigslist but finding a Vita nowadays is not super easy or cheap

Anyone know a decent place to get a vita? My nephew broke mine on accident, but I can't seem to find any that aren't super expensive...
On top of those options already stated, I would recommend importing, as you have a wider selection of color choices, along with many retailers to choose from. Of course price is higher in most cases, but for me paying a little extra for a color I actually liked or wanted was well worth it.

Sony has stopped supplying the US, so any new units have a higher price tag, because they aren't offered anymore. Or if you go though some of the other channels, your dealing with used or refurbished units, which for a device like this, I personally wouldn't do. Unless it's a Sony refurb, then it would probably be cool.

Buying from amazon.jp is a pretty decent option. If you live in the U.S. they are about $170 with the current exchange rate.

$170 shipped, btw.
I've been holding off, but I should probably order another one. My d-pad or analog stick is messed up, and keeps pressing up. I took it apart and cleaned it up but that didn't seem to help. Oh well I guess, I've been jealous of my wife's orange Vita, so this gives me an excuse to get one now.

I've been holding off, but I should probably order another one. My d-pad or analog stick is messed up, and keeps pressing up. I took it apart and cleaned it up but that didn't seem to help. Oh well I guess, I've been jealous of my wife's orange Vita, so this gives me an excuse to get one now.
same here, got two because of a jp account but been debating what console to get for a backup, just got sony vr so that set me back but been reluctant to get an extra vita in case my 1000 or 2000 break down since i dont play them that often anymore

Can anyone recommend a good pair of grips with L2/R2 triggers for the Vita 1000 (OLED screen)? My ring/pinky fingers on both hands get number real quick if I just play the Vita for 20-30 minutes. 

I have this one now and it's just not that comfortable. In fact, I think it makes it worse- it prevents numbers but instead leads to cramps since I can't even grip the system comfortably.  

http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh 

I'd rather have something like this, but this doesn't have triggers. 

https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Digital-PS-Vita-Hand-Grip/dp/B0073ESZ58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498407562&sr=8-1&keywords=playstation+vita+grip

Are there any differences between a Japan Import system and a regular one I would buy in the US ?

Will my US PSN account digital games work on the Japanese import system?

Are there any differences between a Japan Import system and a regular one I would buy in the US ?

Will my US PSN account digital games work on the Japanese import system?
When you navigate the main "bubbles" screen on the OS, O becomes Yes/Confirm/Select and X becomes No/Back. Otherwise they're identical.

What digital games you can play will depend on the region of the account you tie to the console (and you can tie any region of account to any region of console). If you tie a US PSN account to the console you'll be able to play any digital games associated with the account. All physical games are region free and can be played with any account/console.

When you navigate the main "bubbles" screen on the OS, O becomes Yes/Confirm/Select and X becomes No/Back. Otherwise they're identical.
Yeah, you can also assign buttons as well, but that just ends up even more confusing in the end. Most games default to their point of origin when played, so even US games played on an import machine, function as if it was a US unit.

I've been importing PS games since the PS1, so I'm pretty used to the X/O situation, as it's really not that bad when used on a regular basis. But all systems have language selection, so once you set the machine up and sign in to PSN, there is no difference at all. I imported the Blue/White model years ago, and I'm still using it today with no problems or issues.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Just saw that orange one you can import and fell in love instantly.
Ordered a LN tonight. Expected to get it mid July.
Thanks again everyone!!

I gave my unfavorable impressions of Akiba's beat a while back, selling it back to AMZ for less than $20. But I think the free plushie is pretty nice if you have toddler, which I kept of course.

Do you all track the digital download Vita prices?  Or is this more of a "collectors" thread?  

(I enjoy reading through it... and you all have "made" me spend some money...  just wondering)  

Just noticed on my wish list that Tearaway, Tales of Hearts R, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, Killzone Mercenary, and Uncharted Golden Abyss are all at least 50% on PSN.  Gonna have to pick up a $50 PSN card soon.

Just noticed on my wish list that Tearaway, Tales of Hearts R, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, Killzone Mercenary, and Uncharted Golden Abyss are all at least 50% on PSN. Gonna have to pick up a $50 PSN card soon.
For those who aren't collectors and want to convert physical to digital, Uncharted and God of War collection, and many other titles are steals at this price for digital and your physical copy will trade into Gamestop for decent credit ... especially when trading in 6+ games this week you get a 60% bonus.

Just noticed on my wish list that Tearaway, Tales of Hearts R, Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God, Killzone Mercenary, and Uncharted Golden Abyss are all at least 50% on PSN. Gonna have to pick up a $50 PSN card soon.
hmmm the cheapest Tales of Hearts R ever was $5.99 for PS+ members

I was tempted to pick up Akiba's Beat while it is on sale at BB, but reviews have scared me away. Common complaints include long (up to a minute on Vita) and frequent (around every corner) load screens, boring combat (just mash square), and dull environments (reskinned enemies, color cutout npcs on street). They say Akiba's Trip is much better (with similar load times I would imagine though).

I was tempted to pick up Akiba's Beat while it is on sale at BB, but reviews have scared me away. Common complaints include long (up to a minute on Vita) and frequent (around every corner) load screens, boring combat (just mash square), and dull environments (reskinned enemies, color cutout npcs on street). They say Akiba's Trip is much better (with similar load times I would imagine though).
Load times never bothered me when I played it on the Vita though. Dull characters and a whimpy protag was the biggest complaint for me.

Load times never bothered me when I played it on the Vita though. Dull characters and a whimpy protag was the biggest complaint for me.
I'm playing through it right now (still rather early in at 2nd dungeon) and it simply isn't as exciting as Akiba's Trip was to play. I can appreciate that the game series creator decided to try something new, but Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed was one of the few true AAA open-world game titles out there for a dedicated game system platform that actually feels like everything clicks just so and makes for a awesome highly replayable time killer.

Akiba's Beat is more of a typical modern RPG with real-time action battle sequences. The otaku humor is definitely present that Akiba's Trip had, but we aren't treated to the full-on digitized Akihabara love-letter to all otaku-kind worldwide experience that Akiba's Trip dished out mind blowing helpings of at every turn. I think that's where I'm personally having trouble getting into this game because to some degree it feels like a step backwards from Akiba's Trip, but in truth they are different genre games each with very different play mechanics that just happen to be set in the same locale.

Load times are only notably long when one of the character interaction sequences is about to take place in a area, otherwise it isn't that big of a deal. As stated, it is a RPG, so if you are a fan of Japanese RPGs then I say it's worth giving it a play. But if you were hoping for a successor to the clothes stripping action-fest that was Akiba's Beat: Undead & Undressed you will be disappointed.

Just looking for opinions from Vita fans. Is $160 for the blue refurbished slim Vita from GameStop.com the best "deal" on a Vita slim or do you think prices will go down further? I know these systems aren't super common. I guess I might get lucky at a rummage but with how fee Vitas were sold I'd probably be about as likely to run into a Sega Saturn or a turbografx.

I have GameStop credit and will have more after this weekend so I might just go that way.

How do people like the GameStop blue Vita vs the black?

Blue GS exclusive Vita 2000 is considerably scarce. Was a very short lived product, and $160 from GS "refurbished" isn't a bad price considering they provide a limited 30-day warranty.

Back in 2015 I purchased three refurbished Vitas from GS to use as Christmas gifts for my sister's older children, and all three are still functional and in use to this day.

Just looking for opinions from Vita fans. Is $160 for the blue refurbished slim Vita from GameStop.com the best "deal" on a Vita slim or do you think prices will go down further? I know these systems aren't super common. I guess I might get lucky at a rummage but with how fee Vitas were sold I'd probably be about as likely to run into a Sega Saturn or a turbografx.

I have GameStop credit and will have more after this weekend so I might just go that way.

How do people like the GameStop blue Vita vs the black?
I have two of the Aqua Blue Vita systems, one in use and one still brand new (and I have a few black ones). Really like the Aqua Blue color for the system, but it did take me a little while to get used to it. It's not a dull color by any means, so be sure to see it in person (if possible) before buying one.

Keep in mind that Amazon has "like new" systems for $180, Very Good for $170. If you do get a GS "refurb", make sure you are happy with the condition and functionality (battery life, etc).

bread's done
Back