[PS Vita] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational

Which one do we want to play next?
12 - Very Slow Tour. 20:30

EDIT: sorry kickflip, just us two would be a bit boring. And we can't enter another tournament until 20:56, so screw waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JG5253']I kept trying to join but I failed to join in.[/QUOTE]

Gotta get there about 10 minutes before scheduled start time.

[quote name='SynGamer']Gotta get there about 10 minutes before scheduled start time.[/QUOTE]

OK ill make sure to be early next time

[quote name='JG5253']OK ill make sure to be early next time[/QUOTE]

I missed one of our early CAG nights if it helps. I got online with like 3 minutes remaining and missed it :(

Official results are posted on the original thread, but I'll slap em up here as well so you don't have to flip back there...

20120321.jpg

Believe it or not, I actually had an Eagle in there. I had a nice 85 yd chip in for that... then everything blew up for me. I managed to hit the windmill, then the house next to it, then land in a bunker, etc. Sometimes the risks pay off, sometimes they don't.

Basically, I forgot I was playing with Yuna. I had a few shots that needed major sidespin (like a hook around the windmill) and she can't pull it off. I'm used to playing with Xiao (little tramp that she is) who can spin the halibut out of most shots. :(

Yes, I'm whining and making excuses. :p

GG fellas, we'll likely run one or two Sunday evening!

I'll be on the road today, but i'll be available for the match. Can someone pick one around 8 or 8:30pm EST and post it so everyone can register in advance?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-3

[quote name='combatrhombus']
H4Qzz.jpg

Booked a tournament 20:15 EST # 9.[/QUOTE]

Are we sure everyone can play that one? I haven't unlocked it yet. I suspect La Provence is going to be a nightmare of a course compared to the others so far. :S

I just booked:

Next CAG Time: 3/25/12 - 8:00pm EST
Tournament: 2 - Kagurayama Country Club Tour - 9 Holes (Out), Regular Tee, top 25% to place.

Our "location" is always in Cow/lobby 14 ;)

14 - novice only starts at 8:30 for anyone who misses the first one.

First round:Kagurayuma 9H
Kickflip, -9, 2408 pts
Combatrhombus -7 1999
Syngamer -4 1560
Smthng -3 1370

Second round: Kagurayama 18 novice only
combatrhombus -7 3012
kickflip0420 -6 2925
smthng -4 2650
SynGamer +2 1870 Connection error hole 12

No screenies, left puter at home... but I officially beat Syn! :p

[quote name='SynGamer']Second game was TERRIBLE.[/QUOTE]

It just amazes me that I can be 4 under and still be at the bottom of the heap. :(

Been spending time on tourneys... Need to get back to unlocking stuff in single player. Silver level is kicking my ass... I keep doing well, then I'll have one hole that's a disaster and tanks it all.

Ditto. I've been focusing on players with straight aim, while using the Pin Hole club and ball. Definitely helping me be more consistent.

I mostly stick with grass cutter clubs and the infinity balls... seems to help with my control and getting close to the right shot timing.

Okay....got my Vita a couple of weeks ago and finally someone (Target) had a B2G1 and I picked up HSG. Got to play my first 9 last night...ugh...how annoying to shoot +3. Should have shot better, but I don't think I've played a HSG since I last played on the PSP about 3 years ago. A few more rounds and I may be ready to enter something.....oh, and for those wanting to know.....Wipeout and MLB....MLB due to the fact that they did not have Rayman. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Got my first hole in one a little while ago but unfortunately when I check the replay it shows that I was 2.3 feet away and then immediately freezes up and exits back to the video menu. It shows that it was a hole in one on the video screen so I don't what the deal is, I guess it just saved improperly. Not too big of a deal but I wanted to keep a record of it.

I'm travelling this weekend, so I won't be able to set up a tourney. If one of the other regulars wants to step up and set one up, there's about a 25% chance I can make it if it'll let me play over 3G. If you do, post a reply somewhere here and update the first wiki post with the details.

Is there any way that my son can play without messing up my stats/points? Like a free play? It appears there can only be one "user file" at a time...

When you first start, there's an option for Continue or New... is it possible that New will let you set up multiple "profiles"? I'm afraid to mess with it in case it just wipes my existing progress, but it could be what you're hunting for. You could always do a system backup first.

If you're brave enough to attempt it (or no one else corrects me), let us know how it works out.

[quote name='smthng']When you first start, there's an option for Continue or New... is it possible that New will let you set up multiple "profiles"? I'm afraid to mess with it in case it just wipes my existing progress, but it could be what you're hunting for. You could always do a system backup first.

If you're brave enough to attempt it (or no one else corrects me), let us know how it works out.[/QUOTE]

When I select "new" it says it will wipe all previously saved data so I would think it would delete it...I guess I will see if stroke play keeps stats...hopefully not...weird there isn't a "guest" free play or something...

Got my online pass added, so I am ready to go for a tourney in the near future. I did have a have an issue on a hole, wish I could remember which one, where I got stuck and nothing I could do would get my ball out of the area...well, it moved about 12" each time. Took a 10 on a par 4....and still won the tournament. Ended up +3 and won.....without that 10 it's -3, which I would not complain about on my first few rounds....

[quote name='jmbreci']anyone playing this any more?[/QUOTE]

I still play the daily tournaments.

I can't get past Pandora (Gold Rank VS) because I suck at the Legacy of Golf Course. I get up 2 sometimes then somehow, I magically fuck up and end up blowing it.

I really hate that course...

I do the daily tournaments as well, I have Gold Rank unlocked but only played two of the courses. School has been taking up most of my time lately.

I've always been a HSG fan and I love this game. It certainly has me raging sometimes but golf will do that. I enjoy the daily tournaments and overall a very fun game.

too bad you need wifi to play it online or 3g..

also does this game have a major bug in it..

i hit a sand trap the other day and the course flipped ..

person was always on the left hand side of the screen but then it flipped to the right hand side with hitting no buttons

[quote name='jello44']I still play the daily tournaments.

I can't get past Pandora (Gold Rank VS) because I suck at the Legacy of Golf Course. I get up 2 sometimes then somehow, I magically fuck up and end up blowing it.

I really hate that course...[/QUOTE]

After a bajillion tries I finally beat Pandora vs, but that course is really, really brutal. I also always manage to have spectacular failures on the gold level challenge with (I think) the front 9 of that course (where the first hole is the rock arch hole). The par 3s are especially painful.

I've been passing the time with umvc3 mission mode lately so hsg has been neglected. Only 100 more to go! Oy.

[quote name='slidecage']too bad you need wifi to play it online or 3g..[/QUOTE]

As opposed to what? Those are the only two options for connectivity with the device at this time - and it is a portable device. You expecting a hardwired option?

Ah....I should get back into it...but just far too busy until vacation at the end of May

I usually keep up with the dailies even though I suck but man this game is addicting. Still need to beat Al Arabian and Legacy of Golf can die in a fire.

[quote name='SynGamer']I finally got my Hole-In-One :D It was beautiful.[/QUOTE]

I need to play this. I own it, probably for two months now, and haven't played it even once.

geez I finally just starred/crowned that legacy of golf challenge after my two trillionth try (6-2). I think that course aged me 6 years.

Still no hole-in-one though - I've hit the pin or landed an inch from it during a few daily tournies. It's only a matter of time...

Such a fun game. Just got it on the $20 wal-mart sale (CDN).

Haven't gotten very far, only just reached 3-1. Although I had a sweet shot on the 17th hole on 2-5 and got my hole-in-one! Thought that one might take a long time to get but must have gotten lucky :)

bread's done
Back