PS3 Slim Pre-Order $299.99 at Kmart.com - 8/24 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

benartmao

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Pre-order link is live!
:ps3: PS3 Slim Pre-order $299.99

I didnt believe it but kmart is a major chain and apparantly in the morning its going to be selling " new exciting ps3"

http://www.kmart.com/

its on the front page and at first i thought maybe just a new maybe 1tb ( lol ) ps3 but it does say rumors are true or something.... im going in the morning just to try and get one.

And an apparant PS3 price cut

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my pre-order confirmation from Kmart.com

No info re bc, usb or os.

Just as an aside, not saying I am going to do this, but I wonder what would happen if we all pre-ordered then all cancelled two days before the scheduled shipment date??? Having flashbacks to the great buy none, get one (or two) free Konami Gun Metal Gray PS3 debacle of 2008. Ah memories..... Hate the game not the player.

[quote name='coldwine']I'm amazed at the crap behavior of those that gave the OP a hard time. You must all work for the government.[/QUOTE]

This is CAG, man.

You haven't noticed that pretty much everyone gets treated like crap around here?

[quote name='coldwine']I'm amazed at the crap behavior of those that gave the OP a hard time. You must all work for the government.[/QUOTE]
I love when people get owned and don't post after they get owned.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']This is CAG, man.

You haven't noticed that pretty much everyone gets treated like crap around here?[/QUOTE]

Hey you jerk monkey! That is sooo not true. Every time I post something everyone has been extremely nice. So take your jerk faced, monkey attitude somewhere else!

Signed

Super Nice Guy

K-Mart pre-order link taken down. No longer available for pre-orders. Maybe it will be back up after Sony GameCon announcement.

will the slim have wifi though......as for playing ps2 games I dont really care for it and hardly use. The 60 gb model isnt bad but I can live with a 40gb model.

[quote name='chelosera91']I love when people get owned and don't post after they get owned.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Let us take a trip down memory lane with two of my favorites.

[quote name='luan87us']>.> Can't you not read? They're talking about the PS3 price reduction. Very misleading tittle and it shouldn't have even been in the "Video Games Deals" section >.> Don't blame you though since you're new but try to read the description for each section before posting. Anyway they are probably hinting the PS3 bundle with 2 games when they say new exciting PS3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']This is It! :roll:

2qxqlh5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Even at this price I am still on the fence about getting one. I was thinking about getting one just for the BluRay but I barely watch movies on my tv anymore and if I do a majority of it comes from alternative methods. Plus once I watch a movie I dont really see it again so investing on a PS3 just for the BluRay just isnt enough. I may get it once God of War comes out but other than that eh...MGS looks nice but nothing will ever be better than the original MGS on PSX.

"Sony PS3, SLIM PRESELL 2 Sold by Kmart"

I'm not so sure about the 8/24 release date, that's less than a week from today! Who knows, it could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's placeholder either.

[quote name='hpv']"Sony PS3, SLIM PRESELL 2 Sold by Kmart"

I'm not so sure about the 8/24 release date, that's less than a week from today! Who knows, it could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's placeholder either.[/QUOTE]

I am 99.9% sure KMART AND SEARS messed up they are the same company.

They probably meant to put the FAT PS3 on sale 8-24-09 at $299

NOT the SLIM.

Either way I pre-ordered the SLIM for $299 that way I have printed proof which they have to honor.

I think it was a mistake because who would buy that FAT?

$299 FAT 80GB
$299 SLIM 120GB

it was a mistake

Sony's press conference is about 45 minutes away, so expect every major retailer to light up with their pre-orders shortly. It's also speculated that today's PSN downtime is the fabled 3.0 firmware update to include BC support for PS2. They will dominate this holiday season if everything rumored comes to pass.

[quote name='Master Ninja']I am 99.9% sure KMART AND SEARS messed up they are the same company.

NOT the SLIM.

Either way I pre-ordered the SLIM for $299 that way I have printed proof which they have to honor.

$299 FAT 80GB
$299 SLIM 120GB

it was a mistake[/QUOTE]

So what? If the slim isn't real, they have to design one for you and send it? Tell the folks that ordered a $3200 TV for $9.99 at Best Buy last week that Best Buy needs to honor it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']So what? If the slim isn't real, they have to design one for you and send it? Tell the folks that ordered a $3200 TV for $9.99 at Best Buy last week that Best Buy needs to honor it.[/QUOTE]

Under the law, there is a difference. If an ad is so obviously wrong that the average person would know it is a mistake, they can legally not honor the advertised price. Either way, however, call the lawyers, you will get something out of them.

[quote name='BigRedWhat']Under the law, there is difference. If an ad is so obviously wrong that the average person would know it is a mistake, they can legally not honor the advertised price. Either way, however, call the lawyers, you will get something out of them.[/QUOTE]

No you will not. Stop being greedy and get that Sue-Happy attitude out of your system.

I was considering selling my 6-GB also....but only if the Slim has BC that is comparable to the 60GB.

The thing is, my fat 60GB was fixed last year, so it's basically in perfect working order. My luck, I'd sell my 60GB and the slim will catch on fire 2 days after the warranty expires.

Anyhow, I agree the Sears and Kmart made a mistake - they suck so bad as a company...and are desperate to make a sale probably. That preorder was probably put there in reference to a price drop...but somebody dropped the ball.

Is there any place to watch the Sony press conference online?

[quote name='lee7sauce']No you will not. Stop being greedy and get that Sue-Happy attitude out of your system.[/QUOTE]

OK - you win. Your are right. Now can I tell you to STFU?

dam if the slim is BC and makes less heat im buying one.
60gb = a heater that plays games and blu-rays. during winter i just need to leave it on and ill keep my room warm and listen to music.

i wanna see pics of the slim, wonder if itll look like the photos floating around.

[quote name='Master Ninja']I am 99.9% sure KMART AND SEARS messed up they are the same company.

NOT the SLIM.

$299 FAT 80GB
$299 SLIM 120GB

it was a mistake[/QUOTE]

The slim could cost a lot less to produce and therefore be sold at that price (not to mention that the 360 Elite will be going for a similar price).

I think the markdowns could be on the retailers' side of things to try and clear stock before the release of the slim. I'm still thinking that some feature may be lost with the slim as well (WIFI maybe?). ll be finally biting on a PS3 regardless.

what if sony has a megaton we dont expect like even more skus to piss us off. now offering ps3 in increments of 10gb, the 20gb,30gb, 40gb, 50gb, 60gb, 70gb, 80gb......290gb..

i bet theyll have a holiday bundle to combat the 360 bundle which is dam good imo.( the one with halo and fable)

prediction ps3 slim bundled with a choice of killzone 2, LBP, mgs4, uncharted and $20 PSN card

If they don't announce a slim PS3, I can see a bundle. If they DO announce a Slim PS3, I don't see a bundle happening.

I'm watching the Kotaku and EuroGamer Liveblogs. Should be interesting to see the different reactions/comments. Eurogamer bringing the funny today.

I can't imagine backwards compatibility for any other reason than to allow PS2 games to be sold via PSN. Easiest way to increase margins and ensure 100% compatibility....

The full Original Xbox and 360 games are decent sized downloads as well. Sony just has a better system in place to deal with that by allowing people to upgrade their own hard drives. Damn microsoft, I mean, I love my 360 and use it for all my gaming, but I wish I could have a larger hard drive. I would put all my games on that thing. If they announce the BC in the form of a firmware update I'd definitely pick up a PS3 again.

[quote name='BigBizzee']Good point...those would be pretty large downloads though, no?[/QUOTE]

True, true. But, all the more reason for you to buy the Ultra-slim 20 Petabyte PS3 due out for Christmas!

looks like the slim has been confirmed by sony, but will be instores during the first week of sept. and it will be 299

Yeah, now lets see if they announce the BC. That's the only way I'll buy a PS3 again, personally. They said the current PS3 will be that price starting tomorrow, does that mean the 160GB versions are $299 or all of them on the market? Maybe the 80GBs will be cheaper, or maybe they meant the 80gb will be the $299.

1:34
crecente: Available in stores from the first week of September 1:35
crecente: Same features and function. 120 gb drive 33 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter

1:35
crecente: It will be 299

1:35
crecente: That's $299, 299 euros, 29980 yen

1:36
crecente: That will be the price for the current ps3 starting tomorrow

1:37
crecente: Release date for slim will vary by region but available everywhere by sept 1 l

[quote name='FadeToOne']Now I wonder if the Best Buy ad with the $10 games is accurate (the timing was spot on).[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly

So the slim will be 299.99 the first week of September and the fat will be 299 starting tomorrow? Who would want the fat at the same price?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']So the slim will be 299.99 the first week of September and the fat will be 299 starting tomorrow? Who would want the fat at the same price?[/QUOTE]

People that see it in stores for $299 and don't know the slim is on the way ;)

Yeah, it's officially coming now, as if we didn't already know since before E3 lol. Still, it's a bombshell for M$ and Nintendo camps, since Sony finally has an entry level priced PS3. With weak offerings from the former two, Sony is going to have one hell of a comeback this Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back