PS3 Slim Pre-Order $299.99 at Kmart.com - 8/24 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

benartmao

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Pre-order link is live!
:ps3: PS3 Slim Pre-order $299.99

I didnt believe it but kmart is a major chain and apparantly in the morning its going to be selling " new exciting ps3"

http://www.kmart.com/

its on the front page and at first i thought maybe just a new maybe 1tb ( lol ) ps3 but it does say rumors are true or something.... im going in the morning just to try and get one.

And an apparant PS3 price cut

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Real the new ps3 slim will be available for 299 starting September 1, 120 GB hard drive and all the other features still no backwards compatibility. the 8o GB will now sell for 299 and the 160gb drakes bundle for 399, price cuts effective tomorrow

[quote name='TheToE']I am in the same boat! I always said if they drop to 300.00 im in. Things I wonder about.

Build quality over the original.
Blu-ray drive. Is is as good? I have been hearing its a cheaper drive.
Noise? Is the slim more quiet? Louder?

I plan on upgrading the HDD anyways so space isnt that big of a deal.

I like the design of the fatty better. I am seriously thinking of jumping on the 80GB at this point. Only thing really holding me back is my last question...

Will there be any promotions to get rid of current 80GB stock?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, there is just something about the look of the original PS3 that I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the glossy finish but I just don't see myself buying a slim PS3

I haven't been to Bestbuy recently but I hope they still have MGS4/Killzone 2 bundles that are collecting dust. For $300 I don't need any more convincing I would buy it there on the spot.

I just don't want to buy a PS3 and feel like I did when I bought the PSP. In one word I can describe it: underwhelming. I was so excited to get my PSP... but that only lasted until the end of the day.

Let's hope my PS3 experience is better than my PSP experience.

The matte finish does look cheap compare to the fat, I already own a 80gb non BC PS3 but just recently got a nice HD monitor and moved my 360 to my room and now it's the perfect time to pick up another PS3 since I can use the fat as a dedicated Blu-ray machine and the slim for gaming :D + the matte finish matches perfectly with the xbox elite's black matte too!

mmmmm. I wanted BC. I might just hold out for a 60GB model, or just buy the Slim and use my ancient PS2 that I've had since high school ( about 5 or 6, maybe 7 years) for BC. Choices choices.

I'm thinking Slim so it doesn't overheat and I can watch Blus or play for awhile and not need a fire extinguisher near by.

The HDD is swappable
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/18/playstation-3-slim-unboxing-and-hands-on/

ps3-slim-unboxing2-dsc_0049-rm-eng.jpg

[quote name='womfalcs7']On BestBuy.com, they're offering the 80-GB PS3 bundle that comes with LittleBigPlanet and the Wall-E BD for $300.[/QUOTE]

That was quick, I was just looking at the website an hour ago and it was still $399.

I'm surprised there is so much hate on the look of it...I think it's cleaned up alot, without all the protrusions and different surface colors/materials, etc. I don't think it's enough for me to get rid of the 60GB right now, but I like the new slim.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']anybody knows if you preorder at amazon, when will you be charged? at the time of shipping or you will be pre-charged?[/QUOTE]

They charge when they ship.

I think this thread has served its purpose.

The PS3 has now dropped in price at a few websites and this isn't really a deal.

Please continue discussion on the price drop and the slim in the thread in the PS3 forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back