PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait I'm confused. I just got 3 months of PSN+ last week is there any way to extend the service for me and to get the bonus red fraction game?

Just a heads-up for everyone: the "Free" Trial for the Premium Qurocity service sets itself up to auto-renew right from the get-go; in other words: if you get the free trial, be sure to immediately deactivate the "Auto-renew" option found in the "Subscriptions" portion of the "Account Management" menu of the XMB. Otherwise, you'll get billed for $9.99 as soon as the trial period is over, even if you delete the Qurocity app. from your PS3.

Definitely one of the more shady things SONY has done, esp. considering it's a new service and lots of people would be willing to check it out via the "free" trial period. They nailed me with it, and the Terms of Service get them out of having to give you a refund. I used the damned service for a day, hated it (PC music upload app. portion of the service was busted), deleted it from my PS3, only to get hit with a $9.99 charge a month later.

I hate corporate America...

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/18/japan-tsunami-appeal-on-psn/

This may not exactly be a deal, but Sony's offering a means of donating ($2, $5, $10, $20, and $50 options) to the American Red Cross in the PS Store under New Releases in the Aid Japan section. For donating, you'll get the theme below in return for helping out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I sound like a dick when I ask this but is the theme dynamic? Really hoping those clouds sweep across the background. That would look awesome!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Sorry if I sound like a dick when I ask this but is the theme dynamic? Really hoping those clouds sweep across the background. That would look awesome![/QUOTE]

no, its not dynamic, and its like a 500kb file, so pretty much just a wallpaper file..and yes, it was kind of dick-ish to ask that ;) :lol:

[quote name='token2k6']no, its not dynamic, and its like a 500kb file, so pretty much just a wallpaper file..and yes, it was kind of dick-ish to ask that ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]
Didn't want to make it sound like I was only going to donate if it's dynamic. That would be kinda dickish. ha

[quote name='Stimes']Had a few dollars left in my psn wallet so I got Resident Evil 3 Nemisis. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Did the exact same thing, I already have it for the PS1 but since I can't lug THAT thing around, I bit. At $3, it's a no-brainer. :bouncy: These sales on PS1 classics are nice to see, at $6 I'd probably of balked at it, but when you are talking $3, I'm listening. C'mon gimme Vandal Hearts, Brigandine and Twisted Metal 1 already!!!

On a side note, is the Dreamcast version of Nemesis really that much better than the PS1? Somebody posted that earlier and I wouldn't mind checking it out if it's significantly better than the PS1's.

Just booted up Sonic to see if it had a seperate trophy list from the Genesis Collection. It does thank goodness. Now I just have to be willing to actually play Sonic yet again. Man that game did not hold up well.

How many more Genesis Collection games are we supposed to be getting? Are they going to milk the hell out of them and give one away per month for a while? Kinda feel like I'm being jipped just a little with these.

These are the rest of the Genesis releases that are coming:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 19 - $4.99
Streets of Rage 2 - May 17 - $4.99
Golden Axe 2 - June 14 - $4.99
Comix Zone - July 19 - $4.99
Altered Beast - August 16 - $4.99

[quote name='Jcaugustine']How often do they have sales on PSN for the Resident Evil games?

So sad I missed Resident Evil Director's Cut last week due to being on a cruise :([/QUOTE]

Resident Evil Director's Cut was on sale? :(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']These are the rest of the Genesis releases that are coming:

Altered Beast - August 16 - $4.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks Frisky. Looks like I don't have much to look forward to over the next few months. Hopefully they will toss a few surprise goodies our way to mix it up.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Thanks Frisky. Looks like I don't have much to look forward to over the next few months. Hopefully they will toss a few surprise goodies our way to mix it up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah good thing i found out. I only picked up 3 months of PSN+ to get castle crashers and dead nation for 50% off only to find out the content ill get over the course of the subscription i paid for can be brought all on disc for cheaper and can own them forever and not lose them at the end of the 90 day subscription. I got cloud but that's not worth it to me I'm very displeased with the service and DD content in general now that I'm iv spent closer too $200 on the PSN. I sure hope PSN+ really gets something more then $5 dollar sega games.

[quote name='dramasetter929']is this playstation plus really worth it? I want to bite, but i just not fully sold on it[/QUOTE]

If you're ok with themes,betas,avatars,minis as a appetizer and
Altered Beast - August 16 - $4.99

as your entree :booty:

Tried to update my CC last night so I could buy RE3, but it kept saying my card was invalid.

Annoying, because that's the same card that used to be on the account.

[quote name='dramasetter929']is this playstation plus really worth it? I want to bite, but i just not fully sold on it[/QUOTE]
Take it from someone who has PS Plus, yes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...agons-in-your-pocket-and-ps3-dragons-on-sale/

To celebrate the launch of the PSP version, Hoard on the PS3 will be going on sale for $9.99, probably for a week.[/QUOTE]

I'm still pretty new to the whole psn thing. Will the psp version be the same as the ps3 version? I guess I mean can I buy the ps3 version and then download it to my psp also, or will the psp version be a whole different game? also, by chance do you know when will this sale go live?

[quote name='needler420']Yeah good thing i found out. I only picked up 3 months of PSN+ to get castle crashers and dead nation for 50% off only to find out the content ill get over the course of the subscription i paid for can be brought all on disc for cheaper and can own them forever and not lose them at the end of the 90 day subscription. I got cloud but that's not worth it to me I'm very displeased with the service and DD content in general now that I'm iv spent closer too $200 on the PSN. I sure hope PSN+ really gets something more then $5 dollar sega games.[/QUOTE]
You don't lose any paid content, only the free stuff when your sub is up.
Sounds like you joined at the wrong time.
I joined for a year and got 3 months extra and Stacked for free on top of the usual free stuff.

Yes.

[quote name='whoknows']Tried to update my CC last night so I could buy RE3, but it kept saying my card was invalid.

Annoying, because that's the same card that used to be on the account.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a PSP? Try updating it from that if you do. I had the same trouble and it ended up working through my PSP and now works fine on the ps3.

Yeah, I had the invalid CC thingy whenever I tried using my debit card, which didn't ever used to be a problem. I just buy $20 PSN cards now whenever my wallet is getting low. :\

And last week Resident Evil 2 was on sale. Don't believe they've had the Director's Cut on sale anytime soon, else I would've picked it up like these other two.

WHERE'S MY PARASITE EVE II?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm still pretty new to the whole psn thing. Will the psp version be the same as the ps3 version? I guess I mean can I buy the ps3 version and then download it to my psp also, or will the psp version be a whole different game? also, by chance do you know when will this sale go live?[/QUOTE]
No, they're separate versions. Only PS1 Classics/Imports and Minis are cross-platform games. It starts tonight when the update goes live.

[quote name='Neg']Yeah, I had the invalid CC thingy whenever I tried using my debit card, which didn't ever used to be a problem. I just buy $20 PSN cards now whenever my wallet is getting low. :\

And last week Resident Evil 2 was on sale. Don't believe they've had the Director's Cut on sale anytime soon, else I would've picked it up like these other two.

WHERE'S MY PARASITE EVE II?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY![/QUOTE]
Resident Evil Directors Cut was on sale last fall during their 10 weeks of PSOne Classics sale.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, they're separate versions. Only PS1 Classics/Imports and Minis are cross-platform games. It starts tonight when the update goes live.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks

Just checked the store and saw Tetris up at $4.99.

Also, ive never played any of these classic RPGs that are being released. Which one should I grab first?

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Anyone gonna download the first castlevania dlc?[/QUOTE]

I really want the DLC but there is another DLC coming out within the next month and I am almost positive they'll have a bundle for a discount and also I decided that for PSN and XBL I don't buy anything unless it is on sale.

This week's deals:

PS3
Hoard - $9.99 - Ends 3/29
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Three for All Bundle - $19.99
Tetris - $4.99 - Ends 3/29
Wakeboarding HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

PSP
Ghostbusters - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - $9.99 - Ends 3/29

PS1 Classics
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - $2.99 - Ends 3/29

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Mini Squadron - PSP/PS3 - $1.00
Swarm - $11.99
Wakeboarding HD - $3.99

SFA2 is tempting, but with MvC3, WWE All-Stars, and MK releasing within about month of each other I have my fighting game fix.

I apparently missed that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light deal. I noticed it was on sale a few weeks ago on Xbox Live. I don't know how I missed the PSN deal between CAG and IGN.

[quote name='KemperJones']SFA2 is tempting, but with MvC3, WWE All-Stars, and MK releasing within about month of each other I have my fighting game fix.

I apparently missed that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light deal. I noticed it was on sale a few weeks ago on Xbox Live. I don't know how I missed the PSN deal between CAG and IGN.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Lara Croft has went on sale yet, at least I hope not I have been waiting for it to drop since I passed on the Xbox Live version.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I really want the DLC but there is another DLC coming out within the next month and I am almost positive they'll have a bundle for a discount and also I decided that for PSN and XBL I don't buy anything unless it is on sale.[/QUOTE]

DLC rarely goes on sale and usually bundles don't happen unless there are at least three pieces of DLC. I could be wrong though.

i was looking for that Lara Croft sale too - scouting CAG and the PSN blog. I dont think I has gone down yet....?

[quote name='Neg']I freaking thought Parasite Eve II was supposed to be out today, in time for 3rd Birthday?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has ever said anything about that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Lara Croft will be on sale one of the next two weeks, so you haven't missed it yet.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it. I wasn't quite sure. The "Upcoming Deals" post has changed since I looked at it initially. It had me thinking I missed out on it. I passed on the 360 deal, because I still have funds in my wallet. I played the demo a little bit, and it was fun. I want the full version so I can download the Kain and Raziel characters. It's been too long since Defiance. I'm dying to play anything with those two in it again.

is tetris worth $5. hmmm. and sucks i just bought ricochet hd 2 weeks ago for 5, and now it's 2.50 for psn+, oh wellz. hmmm hoard for 9.99, wasnt that the same sale a few months/weeks ago? im tryn to wait til it's either 7.50 or free on psn+. but then again im not home now, when i get home i have urges to buy things randomly. damn you mind!
n wow, nfs hp dlc, only $20 for the bundle, lol, that's what i bought the game for!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This week's deals:

PS3
Hoard - $9.99 - Ends 3/29[/QUOTE]

I liked the demo, but I'm having a hard time trying to decide if I'd pay $10 for a PSN game when lately I've found many full retail games for $5~$15

I'm debating whether to drop the coin for plus. Question: the free 3 months membership promo, does that legitimately run out the 29th or have they offered that deal since its inception?

Heard LCS on PSN has some bad lag problems, but at $9.99 I'll spring for it anyway and hope Rockstar eventually puts out a patch. Having a portable GTA III for 10 bucks, even a laggy one, is too good to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back