PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']I'd pass on LCS and wait for the (hopefully) VCS sale. I bought LCS and regret it -- if only because VCS is supposed to be much better -_-[/QUOTE]

I honestly liked VCS alot less. The smaller city size in LCS was perfect

Enjoying LCS so far. The lag is annoying but not game-breaking like a lot of others have said. And again, at $9.99, it's GTA in your pocket for the cost of dinner at a sit-down restaurant. What's not to like?

[quote name='Velo214']im tryn to wait til it's either 7.50 or free on psn+![/QUOTE]

It was that price not that long ago, when Costume Quest/Space Invaders was on sale. Though a free PS+ game...I can see it happening.

[quote name='RySenkari']Enjoying LCS so far. The lag is annoying but not game-breaking like a lot of others have said. And again, at $9.99, it's GTA in your pocket for the cost of dinner at a sit-down restaurant. What's not to like?[/QUOTE]

Anytime a gamer complains about something, it's an extreme overexaggeration. "OMG, the screen tearing makes this game unplayable!" Yeah, whatever.

Just wanted to toss in my 2 cents on MiniSquadron. Haven't played the PSP version but I've had it on iPhone forever and it's awesome. Picking it up just because I love the iPhone version. The dev is a really cool guy too. I've beta'd a bunch of his games and am already looking forward to his next iPhone project. Support your favorite indies people!

Still won't touch Plus, not worth it. Got the demo of Ghostbusters since I heard mixed news about it. Also had to try Tetris and dammit, I started at 1:15 and looked up 10 minutes later and it was 3:00. Both am. Had all but 2 of the variant modes unlocked and completed at level 15 within 45 minutes...

[quote name='RySenkari']Enjoying LCS so far. The lag is annoying but not game-breaking like a lot of others have said. And again, at $9.99, it's GTA in your pocket for the cost of dinner at a sit-down restaurant. What's not to like?[/QUOTE]

I was always so impressed by how R* managed to fit the whole GTA experience on to a handheld (and with custom soundtracks, too!), but I feel like the general clunkiness of the series' gameplay staples (aiming, lack of checkpoints, etc.) was magnified on the PSP.

For these types of games on the PSP, I've always longed for gameplay more like Saints Row, but using R*'s amazing PSP engine.

Oh well, I can dream, right?

Didn't notice that The Punisher's no longer on PSN. Its Wikipedia page mentions it with no specific reasons why and Google's no help.

I guess that may be reason enough to add it to the OP for Amazon deals if you guys think pulled games with codes that are still available to buy on Amazon or GameStop should be listed in the OP.

[quote name='Stimes']The Punisher: No Mercy is on Amazon for $9.99. I have some credit so I got it and it's not bad. I don't think you can get it in the PSN store or anywhere else.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YGS5SM/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

Also I bit on Tetris and SFA2. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Ooohh A game I can no longer buy otherwise, eh? Might have to buy this. even if it sucks. :p

Although $10 is awfully high for something that is probably terrible. I'd check for a demo on PSN but if the game is gone I can't imagine the demo is still up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']$4.99

And that's the only time that it was ever on sale.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they realized it didn't even sell when it was that cheap so they took it off the market.

I bought a psp and registered for psn using my psp I do not own a ps3. A couple of questions how good are the playstation ports from psn? If I buy a psx game that has the rumble feature for example resident evil 2 when I get a ps3 and download it there will the game have the rumble feature?

[quote name='CGH']I bought a psp and registered for psn using my psp I do not own a ps3. A couple of questions how good are the playstation ports from psn? If I buy a psx game that has the rumble feature for example resident evil 2 when I get a ps3 and download it there will the game have the rumble feature?[/QUOTE]
yes

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Maybe they realized it didn't even sell when it was that cheap so they took it off the market.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it or there would be more games dropping because they don't sell. It could be that the license expired since the game was made before Disney bought Marvel and it has messed with other games like MUA2.

Code is gone!

If someone wants a free code for Karimogi send me a DM and I'll get the code to you. Only one code available, so first contact wins.

[quote name='ebay33']Code is gone!

If someone wants a free code for Karimogi send me a DM and I'll get the code to you. Only one code available, so first contact wins.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks again! :)

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm unsatisfied with Tetris multiplayer I noticed there are only 2 modes you can play via online...[/QUOTE]

Same here. Its only worth 4.99, I cant see how they got away with charging 9.99 for it.

I ended up buying Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP), Tetris (PS3), and Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS One Classics). I love buying things on sale and am glad the NGP will be backwards compatible with PSP digital versions at least.

I also ended up donating $2.00 to the American Red Cross: Japan Earthquake / Tsunami Relief Fund for that PSN theme. :)

Thanks, FriskyTanuki!

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm unsatisfied with Tetris multiplayer I noticed there are only 2 modes you can play via online...[/QUOTE]

Online Modes are...

Shared
Battle
Team Battle
Timed Battle (you play against user-replays based on your ranking)

So is Lara Croft confirmed for a sale this week?

Im hoping they have another PSone classic on sale this week too.. something besides god damn street fighter over n over. Dino Crisis anyone?

if i were to get another year sub to psn+ would it stack onto the end of my current sub and would i still get the 3 extra months. i thought it would but then i noticed it said 1 year +3 months as an introductory bonus offer.
my sub ends in oct, i got it right when it came out, but i would love to get 3 more months for free cuz im gonna resubscribe anyway. has anyone done this knows if they are then good for 15 extra months or is it a one time intro deal and if i resubd it would just give me an extra year?
anyone who has done this or know i would greatly appreciate a reply/answer before the deal dies tomorrow nite. Thank You cags

I found the LBP Pirates pack @ Best Buy for the same price as Amazon but they charge tax. Debating on snagging it. Hoping Amazon will get it back in stock soon. It's only about 40 cents more but hey, 40 cents is 40 cents.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I found the LBP Pirates pack @ Best Buy for the same price as Amazon but they charge tax. Debating on snagging it. Hoping Amazon will get it back in stock soon. It's only about 40 cents more but hey, 40 cents is 40 cents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, but can anyone confirm that this is the same pack that was on sale on Amazon? Other than the pic of the Pirates costumes at the top, the item description just sounds like it's the Pirates Level Kit only with the Pelegosto costume that's available online for the same price.

What time does the sale end today?
I need to get home and get Tetris before it's over!
Also hoping for LC:GoL. Played the demo and enjoyed it a lot.

[quote name='spideymike']Thanks for the link, but can anyone confirm that this is the same pack that was on sale on Amazon? Other than the pic of the Pirates costumes at the top, the item description just sounds like it's the Pirates Level Kit only with the Pelegosto costume that's available online for the same price.[/QUOTE]

BB only sells the Pirate Level kit, not the bundle with costumes. Just like the MGS Level kit also has pics of the 4 costumes, but DOESN'T include them ~ it's deceiving because people think they're getting both, but it's only level kits.

Yay lots of PSP love this week! Was hoping for $14.99 (50% off) sale on Y's Seven, but the permanent price drop of Seven and Oath for $20 each is good too.

Here are the deals for this week:

PS3
Hoard - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Top Darts - $4.99 - Expires 4/5 - Requires Move
Wakeboarding HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

PSP
Ghost Recon: Predator - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ghostbusters - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Michael Jackson: The Experience - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Worms Battle Islands - $12.49 - Expires 4/5
Ys Seven - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus
Cool Boarders 2 - PS3/PSP - $3.00
Ricochet HD - $2.50

And the three bonus months for the one year PS+ subscription is over for those that have been procrastinating.

[quote name='KemperJones']Hmm, still no Lara Croft: Guardian of Light deal. C'mon, already Sony.[/QUOTE]

You know it's coming on the next update!

yay, i got the 3 months last nite, so im good til jan2013. lol.
n yeah, im totally seeing hoard as a psn+ freebie since they have been trying to push it off on sale a few times now. peace n thanx but nothing for me this week...
well, maybe some dlc and maybe top darts...i spend way too much on psn!

I'll pick up Pacman and braid for $9.99 each since I doubt either is going on sale or for free anytime soon. I think I'd like deathspank too.

[quote name='KemperJones']Hmm, still no Lara Croft: Guardian of Light deal. C'mon, already Sony.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I have been waiting. Should have just got the Xbox Live version when it was on sale last month.

The new PS+ blog post is out and shows the deals that will be appearing over the next two weeks:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 4/5:

Deals
Hamsterball - $3.99
Stardrone - $4.00

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 4/12:

Deals
Dungeon Hunter - $9.74

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (38) - $3.99

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on April 5:

Deals
Wakeboarding HD w/Theme - $3.99
Swarm - $11.99