PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trailmix10']FriskyTanuki

Do you know if i subscribe to psn plus will i be able to get sonic the hedgehog 1 download for free or is that deal long gone and it was a one time deal. i know i have the mega collection but i like the challenges the trophies bring to the game. psn plus is pretty cool i thought it was a waste of money but with all the discounts on avatars and free stuff you get it kinda pays off just hate that you dont get to keep the free stuff =([/QUOTE]

You can get Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for free right now, but not 1. The deal for 1 has passed. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']is the welcome back open for our friends in Japan? Just curious. I couldn't find any information on it.[/QUOTE]

I think Hong Kong, Korea and Japan are all still down.

[quote name='Tsel']You can get Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for free right now, but not 1. The deal for 1 has passed. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

yea dl and got 100% Just wanted to get sonic 1 but i dont want to pay 5$ game should be 2.50 or less since

[quote name='Tsel']You can get Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for free right now, but not 1. The deal for 1 has passed. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]
Sonic 2 was replaced with Streets of Rage 2 yesterday.
[quote name='M3wThr33']I think Hong Kong, Korea and Japan are all still down.[/QUOTE]
Hong Kong's store is up and Japan's store is still down. Hong Kong has the same offerings as Japan, but they should all be in English instead.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, it ended with the update on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Drats. That was the day I found out about it, but I was away from the PS3 anyway. Teaches me to keep up with this as this is much better than Xbox Live deals.

How do the free PS+ add ons work, I picked up the free killzone 3 DLC along with both of the free MAG packs. Will I lose those once my + expires? The wording in the store kinda makes it sound like I keep those forever.

If you dont pay for it, Im pretty sure you dont keep it.

So you will keep any purchases that utilize a PS+ discount, but any free items will expire once PS+ does

As much as I hate to say it i may become a full time subscriber just for the cloud saves. Sigh Sony and their garbage restrictive save crap.

[quote name='theflicker']Any opinions on the echochrome ii bundle deal? Is the soundtrack worth it?[/QUOTE]
It's the same price as the game itself, so you're essentially getting the soundtrack for free. The game's really cool and a good use of the Move controller.

[quote name='Brother Daz']How do the free PS+ add ons work, I picked up the free killzone 3 DLC along with both of the free MAG packs. Will I lose those once my + expires? The wording in the store kinda makes it sound like I keep those forever.[/QUOTE]

DLC has always been a mystery since nobody has ever checked to see if they really expire or not.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the same price as the game itself, so you're essentially getting the soundtrack for free. The game's really cool and a good use of the Move controller.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I liked the demo, but was trying to figure out if I should wait for a straight deal on the game alone or if the soundtrack makes up the difference.

Does Tumble expire 6/21 like many of the other deals in that section, or is it unknown at this time? (and to the post above me, I played the demo and thought it was a lot of fun, especially for the 5.00 sale price)

[quote name='theflicker']Yeah, I liked the demo, but was trying to figure out if I should wait for a straight deal on the game alone or if the soundtrack makes up the difference.[/QUOTE]
It depends on if you liked the music that you heard in the demo. The soundtrack is available separately on PSN for $5 and is one 75 minute track.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Does Tumble expire 6/21 like many of the other deals in that section, or is it unknown at this time? (and to the post above me, I played the demo and thought it was a lot of fun, especially for the 5.00 sale price)[/QUOTE]
If it doesn't have an expiration date, there isn't a known date at the moment. We'll probably know when the next PS+ schedule post is released later this week.
[quote name='WiiShopChannels']is Tumble worth $5?? i wanna use my moves some more[/QUOTE]
It's one of two great Move exclusives on PSN, with echochrome ii being the other game.

[quote name='Diebythesword']DLC has always been a mystery since nobody has ever checked to see if they really expire or not.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess I'll confirm it next month when my + expires. Another question, if I let my + expire then renew it at a later date will my free games activate again or will they be gone?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well I guess I'll confirm it next month when my + expires. Another question, if I let my + expire then renew it at a later date will my free games activate again or will they be gone?[/QUOTE]

I believe if you activate PS+ again you will have access to all the games. I heard of people letting months lapse after 3 months then the games worked again. Hope it works for you if you decide to go this route.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It depends on if you liked the music that you heard in the demo. The soundtrack is available separately on PSN for $5 and is one 75 minute track.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll give the demo another listen tonight. I think I preferred the string arrangements in the first game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If it doesn't have an expiration date, there isn't a known date at the moment. We'll probably know when the next PS+ schedule post is released later this week.[/QUOTE]

Right on, thanks. So they always let us know the expiration then, it's not just a random "sales over". Nice.

The deals for this week:

PS3
Bionic Commando Rearmed - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Marvel Pinball & Zen Pinball Bundle - $9.99

Add-ons
Killzone 3 - Map Pack Bundle - $9.99

PlayStation Plus

Deals
3 on 3 NHL Arcade - $3.00
Madden NFL Arcade - $5.00

Add-ons
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters - Eagle Pack - $20.99

Mega Man Legends 2 Avatar Bundle - $1.99

As a note, there's mention of a Sonic's 20th Birthday bundle in the PS Store Update post that I can't find in the store, so let me know if that shows up since it's not there as of this post.

Isn't the splinter cell trilogy supposed to be out today? I can't find it in stores or on the PSN Store...

has anyone tried madden or NHL arcade?
I have Madden Arcade on my 360. Feels kinda half-assed, like they just took the regular madden engine and tweaked a few game settings. There's a couple power-ups but they're not very special... I'd imagine NHL is the same way. At $3 NHL might be worth a shot if you want to keep a party game on your PS3 but I wouldn't spend the extra $2 on Madden

[quote name='iamsmart']Isn't the splinter cell trilogy supposed to be out today? I can't find it in stores or on the PSN Store...

[/QUOTE]
yes, it released today

[quote name='guardian_owl']Rearmed 2 is one of those with DRM which require you to be online to play, correct?[/QUOTE]
yea I pretty sure.
Also from reading reviews, the first is much better.

I enjoyed BC Rearmed 2, but charging $5 more for a game with about the same amount of content as the first game was stupid. My main issue was that the last third of the game got unnecessarily hard compared to the nice difficulty curve that the game had up to that point.

The Splinter Cell Trilogy is only available at retail.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Rearmed 2 is one of those with DRM which require you to be online to play, correct?[/QUOTE]

It is. Glad you mentioned that as I had completely forgotten about that. That's a perfect example of DRM being a bit too heavy-handed.

I am psyched that Zen Pinball is free with the purchase of Marvel Pinball. I've been waiting to get a good deal on Zen Pinball for a long time and this is a good one.

Now if they would only put Planet Minigolf on sale, I'd be all set.

[quote name='GAMESHARQ']I am psyched that Zen Pinball is free with the purchase of Marvel Pinball. I've been waiting to get a good deal on Zen Pinball for a long time and this is a good one.
[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks, I own Marvel Pinball and want Zen Pinball. Why couldn't they just be $5 each?

The Splinter Cell Trilogy is only available at retail.
This IGN article says it is going to be for retail and individual download a la the PoP trilogy:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1160489p1.html
I could understand if it shows up later on the PSN but has anyone actually seen it in stores?

Amazon says Splinter Cell trilogy comes out August 2nd....
Yeah the Kmart thread has it listed for 08/02 as well, although there's more than a few outlets showing it as 06/21, plus there's a few articles talking about how it was delayed until June. Of course, the last time they delayed it they waited until the supposed release date to let us know so its not really surprising if it quietly slips to August. This game and the new EDF seem to keep changing their release dates when I'm not looking.

[quote name='Stimes']Well that sucks, I own Marvel Pinball and want Zen Pinball. Why couldn't they just be $5 each?[/QUOTE]

I have it the other way and I agree it sucks. If they gave me Marvel Pinball with a free table in a bundle, I would've grabbed it instantly....but no need to buy it when I already have Zen.

Does the Tiger Woods Eagle pack only last for this week?

I haven't activated my PS Plus yet and wanted to get the most out of it, but that's the first thing they've offered that I really want.

edit: Thanks! vvvv

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Does the Tiger Woods Eagle pack only last for this week?

I haven't activated my PS Plus yet and wanted to get the most out of it, but that's the first thing they've offered that I really want.

edit: Thanks! vvvv[/QUOTE]

Just to follow on what Frisky put, the new PS Plus post is scheduled to show up on the PS Blog tomorrow so be sure to check in there or the thread in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back