PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dranakin']How long do PS+ deals last? I thinking about activating my free month to get the discount on Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012.[/QUOTE]

I would advise anyone waiting to activate tonight or early tomorrow. Doing so should maximize your deal access.

If you arent interested in any of the current deals and want to wait to see what the game trials and free games are for the final PS+ update in the WB window, then feel free to wait a bit longer. That way you can maximize the time you have to play them until they expire. The above advice is if you want to get in on any current discounts.

[quote name='adriley313']loved streets of rage 2 QUOTE]

I downloaded and beat SoR 2 last night on my PS3. It was amusing to me exactly how much of a Final Fight clone it was(or vice versa if FF came out after it) and how short it was.

Definitely not worth whatever they're charging for it on the store, but worth it for a quick download to beat it for free.

Now I have to decide if I wanna download any of the other freebie games before my PSN+ expires. There were a few titles on discount I'd actually consider, but seeing as how the smallest PSN pre-paid card is $10 I don't wanna have credit left over sitting there.:whistle2:#

No pinball for me, it seems. Waited until this morning, about an hour ago, and while the store is still up, it won't let me add funds to my wallet.

I guess I should have applied the psn card to my account weeks ago when I bought it. Didn't expect that using it could turn out to be difficult.

So, Beyond Good & Evil HD will be on PSN tonight finally, right? Any word if they are actually supporting 3D like they said they were going to or did I wait all this time, and not buy it for 360, for nothing?

[quote name='DPsycho']No pinball for me, it seems. Waited until this morning, about an hour ago, and while the store is still up, it won't let me add funds to my wallet.

I guess I should have applied the psn card to my account weeks ago when I bought it. Didn't expect that using it could turn out to be difficult.[/QUOTE]

Theyre usually not. Maybe theres a problem with your account, perhaps you should call someone.

Ive used many PSN cards and all you have to do is type in the code and it adds funds. If I recall, they do have an expiration date, but its something like a year after activation, if at all.

Got a PM from Gameloft to my PSN account offering me the chance to buy Modern Combat Domination for $2.99 since I downloaded the demo. Since this is a very YMMV deal, you guys should probably check your inbox on PSN to see if you're eligible for that deal.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'][quote name='adriley313']loved streets of rage 2 QUOTE]

Now I have to decide if I wanna download any of the other freebie games before my PSN+ expires.[/QUOTE]

You may as well "buy" them now and have access to them later if you decide you want to pay for PSN+.

[quote name='Iskander']You may as well "buy" them now and have access to them later if you decide you want to pay for PSN+.[/QUOTE]
Nah. There are no games I really want to play that I haven't already played a clone of before that're 'free' during the PSN+ thing.

I read somewhere that you get to keep premium themes and avatars that you downloaded from PSN+ even after your sub expires.

What about DLCs such as the maps for MAG and SOCOM 4 that are free right now for PSN+? Do you get to keep them after your sub expires?

I know games that you downloaded for free (except the 2 welcome back free games) will be locked out once your sub expires. You get to keep any games that you bought at a discount from PSN+ though.

What about DLCs? What if you have MAG and SOCOM 4 on discs and download the maps for free from PSN+, do you get to keep them?

Ah sweet, looks like one of the MAG DLC packs is free now, while the other is dropped to 4.99$ ^_^.

Either way, glad i still have 3 other accounts with unused PSN+. Might sign up later on my main if theres ever a good deal on something i was planning to buy anyway

[quote name='dgwillia006']Either way, glad i still have 3 other accounts with unused PSN+. Might sign up later on my main if theres ever a good deal on something i was planning to buy anyway[/QUOTE]

Isn't there only a week left to redeem the free month of PS+?

The deals for this week:

PS3
Beyond Good & Evil HD - $9.99 - Free avatars with purchase
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $3.99 - Temporary Sale

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle - PSP/PS3 - $4.99 - Includes A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks!, Widget Odyssey 1, Widget Odyssey 2, Young Thor, and Zombie Tychoon

PSP
Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - PSP - $14.99 - 2.21 GB
Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow Bundle - PSP - $14.99 - 1.4 GB
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror Bundle - PSP - $14.99 - 1.58 GB

Add-ons
MAG - Interdiction Mission Pack - Free - Permanent Price Drop
MAG - Escalation Mission Pack - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Dead Space Ignition - $2.50
DeathSpank - $7.50
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue - $7.50
The Fancy Pants Adventures - $5.00
Funky Lab Rat - $3.00
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $3.99
MicroBot - $5.00
Shank - $5.00
Spare Parts - $5.00
Tetris - $5.00

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Bundle - $0.49

Can anyone confirm that the only way to purchase PSN downloads through Amazon is via credit card? I tried picking up the Rockstar Pass this morning, and prefer not to use my CC but it is asking me to verify that info to make the purchase. What gives?

[quote name='Double-J']Can anyone confirm that the only way to purchase PSN downloads through Amazon is via credit card? I tried picking up the Rockstar Pass this morning, and prefer not to use my CC but it is asking me to verify that info to make the purchase. What gives?[/QUOTE]

It will ask you for your credit card info when you do digital game downloads for the first time, however, if you have credit/gift cards on your account, it will still use those funds first and not charge your credit card unless you don't have enough credit/gift card funds.

I can verify that's how it works because that's what it did to me when I purchased a digital PSN card from them last week. For what it's worth, I had a gift card balance, but not any promotional credit on my account when I made that purchase.

I was hoping there'd be a PS+ deal for Beyond Good & Evil. I don't know whether to bite at the $10 price tag or wait for a sale.

so the only ps plus deal i took advantage of was shank...

what a totally worthless service... i didnt even bother downloading any of the free games cuz none of them I was remotely interested in.

you would think they would have used the free trial as a way to better interest new customers lol... clearly dropped the ball on that one.

why would i spend $50 again? to save $5 once in a while if they released something i liked when they choose?

or i could spend that $50 as i see fit and get the content i want when i want it.

hmm tough choice not.

Awesome Summer Minis Bundle for $4.99

I should have bit on this, hope this is going to be on sale still. Might have to see if the individual games are worth it.

Awesome that a MAG map is permanently price dropped to free since I just bought the game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ith-limited-time-birthday-bonus-months-offer/

To celebrate, for a limited time, we’re offering “Birthday Bonus Months” for PlayStation Plus. Starting today, lasting through July 11th, when you purchase a PlayStation Plus 1-year package, you’ll get 3 additional months, and gamers who sign up for the 3 month package get 1 additional month. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 (just over $3 per month) or 4 months for the price of 3 (less than $5 per month).

[quote name='retrad']so the only ps plus deal i took advantage of was shank...

what a totally worthless service... i didnt even bother downloading any of the free games cuz none of them I was remotely interested in.

you would think they would have used the free trial as a way to better interest new customers lol... clearly dropped the ball on that one.

why would i spend $50 again? to save $5 once in a while if they released something i liked when they choose?

or i could spend that $50 as i see fit and get the content i want when i want it.

hmm tough choice not.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree ... really a disappointing month of + ... even Europe received better discounts than the US. It's sad that Sony had the perfect opportunity to convince a majority of PS3 users why PSN+ is so great and they completely dropped the ball with delayed content, mediocre discounts and shovelware as the majority of free offerings.

[quote name='cruzadel']Wondering, can u get 4 3-month packages and get 4 free months?[/QUOTE]
I guess you could, but you'd be paying about $72 to get one more month than the $50 12 month deal offers.

I will have to download the modern combat domination demo and hope for that 2.99 deal, that seems awesome but very ymmv.

my friend said he got a $25 psn code in his psn inbox and im like really and he said yeah, not spam or anything but straight up code he redeemed and $25. i gotta check that out but i really doubt that.

and yeah, io was right, i finally tried to load my profile data from lbp goty and it doesnt let me use any of the dlc costumes and doesnt let me play the mgs pack, argh. I can still access that goty dlc on lbp2, but really wanted it on psn version. oh wellz. fail

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Theyre usually not. Maybe theres a problem with your account, perhaps you should call someone.

Ive used many PSN cards and all you have to do is type in the code and it adds funds. If I recall, they do have an expiration date, but its something like a year after activation, if at all.[/QUOTE]

I Googled the error code it was giving me and found several instances of people experiencing the same, both when redeeming PSN cards and adding funds via credit card, some recent and periodically going back to 2008. The official answer was always "Try again later." Additionally, when looking into my account settings through the website, I eventually hit a page suggesting that maintenance was underway.

So I'll be attempting to redeem my points periodically from now on so I have them ready the next time I need them.

Could someone who bought Beyond Good & Evil HD confirm if it's in 3D or not? Please? There's no mention of it, and it's not the the 3D section of the New Releases, this was the only reason I was holding out for the PS3 version.

lots of times on busy days you might get the error code. tuesday might be busy cuz last/first day of deals.

i would have got that summer mini's bundle, but i already have 1/2 of them, oh wellz.

I'm definitely getting Beyond Good and Evil. Never played it, but I've heard great things.

It took forever for me to download that Uncharted beta and once I got into it I could only play for 5 minutes. The lag was so bad my eyes started to hurt.

I've had no problem with lag, it is everything else.

- Long waits to join a game.
- Constant boots during a game.
- Game freezing the PS3.

I was at it for over an hour and I got to play for a total of 20 minutes and had to hard reset my PS3 three times. I reeeaaalllly wanna play more, but it is just too damn troublesome at this point. Also if anything were to happen to my PS3 due to all these resets, I'd probably hate Uncharted for a long time, which I don't want.

Bah, I've has Playstation Plus for nearly 3 weeks now, and the only real deal they've had was the huge discount on Braid. I honestly think they're pissing away a chance to hook new customers, as who is going to take a gamble on a $50 membership when the free trial had only a couple of decent games during it's 6 weeks period?

Also, I may consider getting Dead Space Ignition, can anyone recommend that?

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Bah, I've has Playstation Plus for nearly 3 weeks now, and the only real deal they've had was the huge discount on Braid. I honestly think they're pissing away a chance to hook new customers, as who is going to take a gamble on a $50 membership when the free trial had only a couple of decent games during it's 6 weeks period?

Also, I may consider getting Dead Space Ignition, can anyone recommend that?[/QUOTE]NO, stay far, far away from it. Its horrible

I haven't heard much of anything good about Ignition, so it doesn't seem like a good idea unless you're desperate to get some bonuses before playing DS2.

[quote name='trunks982']is Shank and Tetris the cheapest price they ever been?[/QUOTE]
Other than going on sale earlier this month for the sale price, I think so. Check the FAQ for a way to double check that first.

[quote name='Akimitsu782']As far as I know, these are two games that are on Amazon that sell for cheaper than on PSN...

Earthworm Jim HD http://www.amazon.com/Earthworm-Jim...2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1309321379&sr=1-52

Alien Breed 2 http://www.amazon.com/Alien-Breed-A...?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1309321795&sr=1-194[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll add these to the OP. It's weird that the second Alien Breed episode is on sale and not the others.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Also, I may consider getting Dead Space Ignition, can anyone recommend that?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']NO, stay far, far away from it. Its horrible[/QUOTE]

+1

I think there's a demo if you want to check it out. That should be enough to answer your question.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Could someone who bought Beyond Good & Evil HD confirm if it's in 3D or not? Please? There's no mention of it, and it's not the the 3D section of the New Releases, this was the only reason I was holding out for the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a 3D TV, but I purchased BG&E a few minutes ago and couldn't find any mention of 3D anywhere in the settings or any other menus...so unless it defaults to whatever type of TV you have, I don't think it's a 3D game.

Probably in for Shank and Fancy Pants at $5 apiece (but first, gotta redeem my free month). I have Puzzle Dimension on PC, it's neat but hard to stay glued to.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think BG&E was ever claimed to be a 3D game. The three posts about it on the PlayStation Blog don't mention anything about it having a 3D mode:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...yond-good-evil-hd-scott-pilgrim-dlc-and-more/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...oming-may-2011-more-goodies-for-early-buyers/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-beyond-good-evil-hd-coming-to-psn-next-week/[/QUOTE]

I guess it was just a rumor, considering a few of the HD remakes already have had it, it didn't seem too far fetched. Oh well their loss ... heh. Ok fine, I'm sure they'll miss my $10 less than I wanted this in 3D. :lol:

Beyond Good & Evil HD ... and 3D?

[quote name='aaronmills']I don't have a 3D TV, but I purchased BG&E a few minutes ago and couldn't find any mention of 3D anywhere in the settings or any other menus...so unless it defaults to whatever type of TV you have, I don't think it's a 3D game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies, I didn't want to seem ungrateful I was just in a rush earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Do you have promotional credit? That stuff usually has limits against being used for PSN codes.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was just trying to avoid using my CC if possible.

[quote name='aaronmills']It will ask you for your credit card info when you do digital game downloads for the first time, however, if you have credit/gift cards on your account, it will still use those funds first and not charge your credit card unless you don't have enough credit/gift card funds.

I can verify that's how it works because that's what it did to me when I purchased a digital PSN card from them last week. For what it's worth, I had a gift card balance, but not any promotional credit on my account when I made that purchase.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks. A little disappointing that it requires a CC though. The goal for me is to keep a buffer between PSN and my info, and if Amazon can do that with third-party purchases and whatnot, I guess I don't understand why this particular type of transaction requires a specific type of payment?

Amazon requires a credit card for downloadable codes to avoid fraud. If someone hacked your account they could buy a bunch of codes and you'd be sol since they are delivered instantly

[quote name='jacknicklson']Amazon requires a credit card for downloadable codes to avoid fraud. If someone hacked your account they could buy a bunch of codes and you'd be sol since they are delivered instantly[/QUOTE]

Ah! Okay, that makes sense. Apologies for being a bit slow. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back