PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ravhen']I'm trying to get the Borderlands deal for $15, but it told me that I was not authorized to access that content...now its back to $30 for just the game and isn't showing the complete version (with the DLC) at all.

I thought this was supposed to last through the 26th, have they already taken it down?[/QUOTE]
Deals are pulled when the next update goes up, which is explained in the FAQ in the OP. To be fair to Sony, they only said that it would last until 7/25.
[quote name='arrrggghhh']Did anyone who bought section 8 get the original? I purchased it and it didn't show up. Do they send it to you later, or did I miss it?[/QUOTE]
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/13/section-8-prejudice-drops-into-psn-with-some-extra-weight/

*Free game offer ends 8/2/11, original Section 8 game will be sent out via XMB message by 8/12/11.

[quote name='gravel']I'm glad the Costume Quest and Stacking DLC are on sale, I've been waiting impatiently.[/QUOTE]

Guess I missed that in the announcement. I might have to pick those up as well.

I have a 320 gig ps3 i got last xmas. I always check the gigs of games before I buy/install them. Borderlands goty and downloadable were about the same. it's like 6.7gig vs 7.7 gig. the older games are like this, rfg is probly similar 4ish gigs?
i think the new games that have tiny installs are gonna be the big difference when you download them. look at infamous 2 with no install hardly, and then think of downloading that whole game.
that said im getting all thq dlc w trophies. I heard SR2 dlc totally sucked, and no trophies so I will skip those. im a sucker tho and gonna get stacked, costume quest, ydkj, and the demons badlands rfg dlc. took a few years, but its finally on sale!

also i have RFG disk, but if i get the download version will my save transfer over? I know they said borderlands and burnout worked fine, but wondering if anyone has done this with RFG? I havent played any singleplayer but my multiplayer character was like 30 hours invested and wouldnt want to lose that... on my way to ostrich

Stacking was free at one point?! I'm considering Fat Princess, but I have the PSP version somewhere in my backlog. Thought there wasn't going to be anything I wanted this week.

Pulled the trigger on Section 8 prejudice. Like others I'm hoping I was one of the first 1000 to buy so I get the first version of the game for free since I've been wanting to play it since it's release but the price was way too high.

Fat princess bundle caught my attention but I gotta be honest, trying to convince my friends to buy a game with that as the title is hard. Would anyone recommend the bundle at the current price now($14.99)? or should I hold off for a lower price/not bother?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Stacking was free at one point?! [/QUOTE]

It was at launch for PS+ members. Best promo they ever had since it was $15 and nobody had already purchased it (it hit the PSN a day before the 360 version).

[quote name='DocProphecy']Fat princess bundle caught my attention but I gotta be honest, trying to convince my friends to buy a game with that as the title is hard. Would anyone recommend the bundle at the current price now($14.99)? or should I hold off for a lower price/not bother?[/QUOTE]

Honestly the bundle is pretty bad. They're tricking you into buying avatars and a theme. You can get the core game for $8 on Amazon, and the DLC at it's normal $5.

What's the download size of Section 8 Prejudice?

For $15 you get in addition to the game:

• Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack
  • Hunter Armor
  • Hopefully the original Section 8 game
Correct?

Are the armor packs and map pack usually sold separately?

Stacking YES!
Stacking DLC YES!
Costume Quest DLC YES!
Oh joyous day! I have just enough left in my PSN account.
Happy happy happy!

[quote name='eau']What's the download size of Section 8 Prejudice?

For $15 you get in addition to the game:

• Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack
  • Hunter Armor
  • Hopefully the original Section 8 game
Correct?

Are the armor packs and map pack usually sold separately?[/QUOTE]
File size: 2.11 GB

Seems that it was already pulled from the PS+ section, so the 1,000 person limit for the original Section 8 looks to have been already met. I don't see anything about Hunter Armor, so I don't know what they were planning for that since they claimed it was only for the first thousand PS+ members before changing their minds and said it was free for all PS+ members.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/13/section-8-prejudice-drops-into-psn-with-some-extra-weight/

It just came out, so we don't know if the extra stuff will be sold separately or not.

[quote name='Velo214']also i have RFG disk, but if i get the download version will my save transfer over? I know they said borderlands and burnout worked fine, but wondering if anyone has done this with RFG? I havent played any singleplayer but my multiplayer character was like 30 hours invested and wouldnt want to lose that... on my way to ostrich[/QUOTE]

Burnout worked? It never did for me.

Sucks that the Section 8 promo was only for the first 1000 people. Would have been nice to get two games for $15.

[quote name='Trace17']DiRT 3 asia track pack is mistakenly .99, should be $4.99. Go grab it while you can. It's recyled from DiRT 2, but worth a buck.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, thanks for the heads-up!

I don't think Burnout Paradise is on sale anymore, if you wanna update the OP. I was gonna buy it when I bought Borderlands, but it was showing 29.99 for me.

[quote name='wilflare']ah. any takes on
Red Faction: Guerrilla[/QUOTE]
I played the disc version right around launch. You have a lot of freedom to just roam around Mars in whatever vehicle you wanna comandeer from whoever.

Best ways to demolish EDF bases though is definitely a tie between:

*Sticky bombs/charges
*Driving a big ass vehicle you commandeered through the bases

Of course there's a lot to be said for just using your trusty sledgehammer as well to make short work of buildings(and soldiers).

It kept me fairly amused for 25-30 hours, but that's because I tended to wander around Mars for hours at a clip just taking out ANY structure that got in my way.:lol:

The $10 or so expansion/prequel adds around 12-15 hours of missions/destruction to the game as well and is well worth it as well imo.

[quote name='xilly']I don't think Burnout Paradise is on sale anymore, if you wanna update the OP. I was gonna buy it when I bought Borderlands, but it was showing 29.99 for me.[/QUOTE]
You're looking at the base game, not the bundle next to it that's still on sale. I double check which of the old deals are still alive when the new updates arrive.

Totally in for RFG. Played the trial a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Almost bought it for $20, but damn I'm glad I held off! Might get Costume Quest too. Is it well worth $7.49?

In for the Stacking DLC. Since I got the core game for free I might as well drop $2.49 to complete it. Too bad this deal isn't available on XBLA. I bought Costume Quest there and really want that DLC. Tempted to buy it and it's DLC since they are both on sale this week. Hmm...

So the word is no on the Fat Princess Bundle? I know I can scoop up the full game for $7.99 at a couple places (I've been holding out for $5) and the DLC (I don't recall ever going on sale) at $5 which means the remaining $2 is the cost of the extra goodies. I love dynamic themes-bought the first LBP one and have used it up until a week ago when I got the PS+ dynamic theme which I also enjoy-so if the Fat Princess one is good I would be interested in paying the premium.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So the word is no on the Fat Princess Bundle? I know I can scoop up the full game for $7.99 at a couple places (I've been holding out for $5) and the DLC (I don't recall ever going on sale) at $5 which means the remaining $2 is the cost of the extra goodies. I love dynamic themes-bought the first LBP one and have used it up until a week ago when I go the PS+ dynamic theme which I also enjoy-so if the Fat Princess one is good I would be interested in paying the premium.[/QUOTE]
The dynamic theme is available separately, so you can preview it in the store to see a video of what it looks like.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I played the disc version right around launch. You have a lot of freedom to just roam around Mars in whatever vehicle you wanna comandeer from whoever.

*Sticky bombs/charges

Of course there's a lot to be said for just using your trusty sledgehammer as well to make short work of buildings(and soldiers).

It kept me fairly amused for 25-30 hours, but that's because I tended to wander around Mars for hours at a clip just taking out ANY structure that got in my way.:lol:

The $10 or so expansion/prequel adds around 12-15 hours of missions/destruction to the game as well and is well worth it as well imo.[/QUOTE]

Color me psyched. I loved the first Red Faction on PS2 way back when. I really deserved more recognition but whatever, just happy to buy a $10 full game.

I swapped my 120 gb HDD out of my PS3 for a 320 gb one long ago, thinking there was no way I could ever fill the new one. Between Infamous, Little Big Planet, Assassin's Creed 2, and now Red Faction Guerilla, it could happen.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I played the disc version right around launch. You have a lot of freedom to just roam around Mars in whatever vehicle you wanna comandeer from whoever.

*Sticky bombs/charges

The $10 or so expansion/prequel adds around 12-15 hours of missions/destruction to the game as well and is well worth it as well imo.[/QUOTE]

+1 to what Cheapest said, but Id also recommend playing on a lower difficulty. Its not that the game is all that difficult, but its more fun on lower difficulties because you can get more creative with the destruction.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The dynamic theme is available separately, so you can preview it in the store to see a video of what it looks like.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up Frisky. I'll check it out right now.

EDIT: Nice bonus but not worth paying full price for I think. Too bad they don't include the PSP game for that price. Then I would probably bite.

Oh my gosh...these PSN sales are killing me. I never had a low balance on my account. There has to be a sale on PSN cards soon...

i still see the PS+ offer for section 8 on the main screen, is it still available this way? Or will i get screwed and not get the free original game?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i still see the PS+ offer for section 8 on the main screen, is it still available this way? Or will i get screwed and not get the free original game?[/QUOTE]

i was wondering the same thing if its still valid?

Yeah. I wish they would have some kind of indicator if we would still qualify for the original game before buying prejudice.

Yeah, I was also wondering if any CAG has a solid recommendation or reason to avoid Eat Them and Sega Rally? Am I wrong in assuming Eat Them is a modern Rampage clone? One of my all-time favorite arcade/NES games. I also always enjoy Sega racing games, although I have Sega Rally Revo already for 360. A bite-sized version sitting on the hard-drive might be nice.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Is SEGA rally online any good? It looks pretty decent. Any opinions would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a blast! I was personally hoping for a couple of PS1 titles this week, but i'm quite happy because the final episode of BTTF is fantastic!

[quote name='Heavyd814life']I think it's a blast! I was personally hoping for a couple of PS1 titles this week, but i'm quite happy because the final episode of BTTF is fantastic![/QUOTE]

I might have to grab Section 8. Sent you a PM about a PSN card.

[quote name='Halo05']Between Infamous, Little Big Planet, Assassin's Creed 2, and now Red Faction Guerilla, it could happen.[/QUOTE]

Get the digital version of Infamous 2. It's 15gb. :p

[quote name='wastedyears']Count me as among those who don't like Limbo. To me, it just seemed like a modern version of Another World or Flashback, but I thought both of those games were much better, and much more interesting.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree that Another World is better, but that'd be like saying "All turn based games are crap because none have been better than Alpha Centauri."

If you know of some better 2D platformers that are better than Limbo, let me know. But as I see it, we get about 1 a year, maybe, as a downloadable title:
PoP Classic
Braid
Shadow Complex (stretching here.)

And I usually blow through them in about a week or two.
If we wait for another Another World, we wouldn't have played anything in 20 years.

I'd certainly consider Limbo better than And Yet It Moves, and most other Indie platformers.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Yeah, I was also wondering if any CAG has a solid recommendation or reason to avoid Eat Them and Sega Rally? Am I wrong in assuming Eat Them is a modern Rampage clone? One of my all-time favorite arcade/NES games. I also always enjoy Sega racing games, although I have Sega Rally Revo already for 360. A bite-sized version sitting on the hard-drive might be nice.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't call Eat Them! a Rampage clone, but more of a better-looking War of the Monsters that isn't really a fighting game. My main issue with it was the single-player mostly requiring you to complete a list of missions to get to the next area/story cutscene. The reliance on constantly eating people to regain health/energy can be annoying for some levels and the controls can take a little bit to get used to since you can have different weapons and abilities on different limbs that changes how they handle. It's a cool game, but it does have some rough spots.

There should be a demo for Eat Them if you want to try it out for yourself.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I wouldn't call Eat Them! a Rampage clone, but more of a better-looking War of the Monsters that isn't really a fighting game. My main issue with it was the single-player mostly requiring you to complete a list of missions to get to the next area/story cutscene. The reliance on constantly eating people to regain health/energy can be annoying for some levels and the controls can take a little bit to get used to since you can have different weapons and abilities on different limbs that changes how they handle. It's a cool game, but it does have some rough spots.

There should be a demo for Eat Them if you want to try it out for yourself.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo last night and while it looks VERY good -- maybe the best use of cel-shading graphics ever, if not the second best after the PoP game, the gameplay is so boring and repetitious that I had to stop playing the demo. It's pretty, but it just isn't any fun (at least to me). Maybe it's better in MP?

Yea- Eat Them isn't very good.. It's like Rampage, but people fuel your character, so your constantly having to stop and pick up people. The picking up function isn't really solid though, so it gets kind of frustrating. It was a really neat concept though.

Eat them was boring, I played the demo also and agree.

I know this is probably a dumb question, but does anyone know if the Red Faction DLC Badlands can be played without the original game?

I already played and got rid of the game and save file from the original and dont want to buy and play it again even for $10. But the new missions look cool and I agree with others here that blowing shit up is so much fun in this game. Thanks

[quote name='Decker']I tried the demo last night and while it looks VERY good -- maybe the best use of cel-shading graphics ever, if not the second best after the PoP game, the gameplay is so boring and repetitious that I had to stop playing the demo. It's pretty, but it just isn't any fun (at least to me). Maybe it's better in MP?[/QUOTE]

Tried the demo as well and I 100% agree with what you said, super repetitive and boring gameplay, this one will probably end up a freebie for plus members! And if not who cares, passing on it for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back