PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AdmrlBalls']This. BTTF, Marvel Pinball, Costume Quest, Plants vs Zombies, Stacking, Shatter, Hydrophobia, Tomb Raider Underworld were all free games I enjoyed.

Also got Jurassic Park for free for renewing for another year (even though I bet this will eventually be another free monthly game). And now Far Cry 2 and Simpsons Arcade in February...

Tack on auto-patches and cloud saving and early access to betas and free game trials and better discounts on sale games...yep, worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Add free avatars and dynamic themes to the list of stuff you do get to keep to that already packed list and you've got a pretty good incentive to be a PS+ member if you ask me especially if you were able to pick up the year at that $15-35 range.

But like it's mentioned before, haters are gonna hate~

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']This. BTTF, Marvel Pinball, Costume Quest, Plants vs Zombies, Stacking, Shatter, Hydrophobia, Tomb Raider Underworld were all free games I enjoyed.

Also got Jurassic Park for free for renewing for another year (even though I bet this will eventually be another free monthly game). And now Far Cry 2 and Simpsons Arcade in February...

Tack on auto-patches and cloud saving and early access to betas and free game trials and better discounts on sale games...yep, worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Didn't like BTTF, nor Tomb Raider, own Costume Quest, PvZ, and Shatter.

Haven't tried using auto-patcher yet.

What happens to your cloud saves after your membership runs out? Do you still have the same saves on your PS3?

The cloud save is a copy so your local copies should be fine unless you removed them. And IIRC, the saves remain there for 3-6 months after you cancel in case you rejoin

[quote name='elessar123']Didn't like BTTF, nor Tomb Raider, own Costume Quest, PvZ, and Shatter.

[/QUOTE]

well good thing ps plus saved you money giving you these "bad" games for free

I'm actually glad we're getting Far Cry 2. I traded it in ages ago without ever finishing it and have been wanting to pick it back up again and now I'll be able to for free.

[quote name='phogoodness']...But ...but trophies! and online multiplayer for some of them. and the better arcade version of Golden Axe. off the top of my head[/QUOTE]
Trophies are ok....if you like them. I'll gladly help my PSN friends to try and get ones they may be missing, but I really could care less about them myself.

As for the online mp, it's probably glitchy/laggy as hell, so those games would be something I'd only play locally with offline friends.

Great price. I'm about 30 minutes into Hydrophobia. Strangely, I like it a lot more than the latest Uncharted, which was more movie than game. If you're into this type of game a $3 purchase seems like a no-brainer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
As for the online mp, it's probably glitchy/laggy as hell, so those games would be something I'd only play locally with offline friends.[/QUOTE]

Nice unsupported supposition there. :roll:

[quote name='elessar123']Didn't like BTTF, nor Tomb Raider, own Costume Quest, PvZ, and Shatter.

Haven't tried using auto-patcher yet.

What happens to your cloud saves after your membership runs out? Do you still have the same saves on your PS3?[/QUOTE]

Thought I was the only 1 who didn't like BTTF:whistle2:#.

...Gonna go check out this Twisted Metal!

Wow, I completely forgot about all those great free games. Costume Quest, PVZ, Stacking and Shatter are all very good. Underworl was okay back when I played it a few years ago. I didnt like Hydro and BTTF, but I still love the plus membership for what I get out of it.

If people thought of it more as $4/month (if you pay full price) instead of $50 they wouldnt complain as much. What would you do with $4 a month anyway? Buy two sodas/waters?

I've been reading that Simpsons arcade game is coming out next week and will be free to PSN+ members, I may have to sign up for a month of it. Though, I think this has been answered, but can you still play your free games after your + membership is over?

Marvel Pinball is freaking awesome, and I never would've bought if it wasn't for PS+. That's best thing about it - it introduces me to great games I never would have tried otherwise.

[quote name='Gden']I've been reading that Simpsons arcade game is coming out next week and will be free to PSN+ members, I may have to sign up for a month of it. Though, I think this has been answered, but can you still play your free games after your + membership is over?[/QUOTE]

no you cant, free games are essentially rentals.

I was driving up a rock in the Twisted Metal Demo and there is a glitch. As I was coming down from it, I could see through it. Like a straight line...can't really explain it.

Is there a point to this game? It's like Modern Warfare, meets Devil's Rejects, meets Motorstorm Apocalypse. Is the demo what will be on the disc?

I thought I'd be ULTRA-NOOB, but I am laughing my a** off as I am not the worst at this game! ...Unlike me in Gotham City Imposters(the controls are like skating on ice!...to me).:whistle2:#

[quote name='Gden']I've been reading that Simpsons arcade game is coming out next week and will be free to PSN+ members, I may have to sign up for a month of it. Though, I think this has been answered, but can you still play your free games after your + membership is over?[/QUOTE]

Frisky -

I know this is a psn thread, not a ps+ thread, but maybe the answer to this question should be put on the front of the OP. Just a thought.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I was driving up a rock in the Twisted Metal Demo and there is a glitch. As I was coming down from it, I could see through it. Like a straight line...can't really explain it.

Is there a point to this game? It's like Modern Warfare, meets Devil's Rejects, meets Motorstorm Apocalypse. Is the demo what will be on the disc?

I thought I'd be ULTRA-NOOB, but I am laughing my a** off as I am not the worst at this game! ...Unlike me in Gotham City Imposters(the controls are like skating on ice!...to me).:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

in gotham city impostors maybe you actually have the roller skates gadget equipped? Or maybe you need to turn the sensitivity down because as I recall its up very high by default. The controls seem tight and responsive to me.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I was driving up a rock in the Twisted Metal Demo and there is a glitch. As I was coming down from it, I could see through it. Like a straight line...can't really explain it.

I thought I'd be ULTRA-NOOB, but I am laughing my a** off as I am not the worst at this game! ...Unlike me in Gotham City Imposters(the controls are like skating on ice!...to me).:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Have you never played Twisted Metal before? How old are you?

[quote name='The 7th Number']no you cant, free games are essentially rentals.[/QUOTE]

And THIS is why me and millions others don't see PS+ as a good value. Part of value is maintaining it once payments have ceased. PS+ is just a rental service. It works for some, but not for most.

[quote name='wrencrest']If people thought of it more as $4/month (if you pay full price) instead of $50 they wouldnt complain as much. What would you do with $4 a month anyway? Buy two sodas/waters?[/QUOTE]

It's about not being able to use it enough to pay $4.xx a month for it. For me, anyways.

[quote name='Magicman103']in gotham city impostors maybe you actually have the roller skates gadget equipped? Or maybe you need to turn the sensitivity down because as I recall its up very high by default. The controls seem tight and responsive to me.[/QUOTE]

I gave an odd analogy for that. I didn't know there are actual skates in the game, lol. What I was referring to are the aiming controls. They are super sensitive! Like a race car game I had to alter on my Touchpad because the car was sliding all over.

I will check the control settings for that game. Thanks!

[quote name='rschauby']And THIS is why me and millions others don't see PS+ as a good value. Part of value is maintaining it once payments have ceased. PS+ is just a rental service. It works for some, but not for most.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention that there's no way for users to have any sort of input as to what goes on sale, whether it be for PS+ users or us regular old cheapasses rocking the free PSN. How many times have we seen discounts on the same frickin' games over and over? How about discounting some of those full downloadable games to what they SHOULD cost for digital copies? Or at least putting some of those $15-20 PSN games to $5-10 on a GOOD sale.:whistle2:#

[quote name='rschauby']And THIS is why me and millions others don't see PS+ as a good value. Part of value is maintaining it once payments have ceased. PS+ is just a rental service. It works for some, but not for most.[/QUOTE]
Most games PS+ gives away, I just play them till completion and move on. I haven't feel like any game that was given away for "free" on PS+ is worth replaying anyways. Besides you get 1 year to replay them until you need to renew. People pay for xbox live and get no free games yet they are happy with it.:roll:

[quote name='htz']Most games PS+ gives away, I just play them till completion and move on. I haven't feel like any game that was given away for "free" on PS+ is worth replaying anyways. Besides you get 1 year to replay them until you need to renew. People pay for xbox live and get no free games yet they are happy with it.:roll:[/QUOTE]

This is where I'm coming from. Are you really going to want to play through Stacking or Marvel Pinball five years from now? Most people have here have a double or triple digit backlog.

they want to keep the games because they are hoarders,

if you regularly buy downloadable games (and i assume you do if you read this thread) i don't know how somebody could think ps pus isn't worth it

forget the free or rental games some of you absolutely "need" taking up space on your hard drive despite having zero desire to replay them

the discounts make it worth it

a lot of people around here mention the resident evil games, if you had plus you could've gotten 2 for the price of 1, 20 dollars saved

if you joined in november you got jurassic park for free (FOREVER) so that's $30 saved right there

those are just 2 out of countless examples of saving money with ps plus, the only way you lose money with ps plus is if you rarely buy downloadable games

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is where I'm coming from. Are you really going to want to play through Stacking or Marvel Pinball five years from now? Most people have here have a double or triple digit backlog.[/QUOTE]

I have a pretty sizable double digit backlog, but Marvel Pinball keeps me coming back nightly

[quote name='Wazootyman']I have a pretty sizable double digit backlog, but Marvel Pinball keeps me coming back nightly[/QUOTE]

So you're going to play it every day for the next five years? If that's the case, is paying an extra $9.99 after your Plus subscription lapses really that bad of a deal if you're playing it that much?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This is where I'm coming from. Are you really going to want to play through Stacking or Marvel Pinball five years from now? Most people have here have a double or triple digit backlog.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I like Plus since it brings something new to the table for free each month. They might not all be winners, but it keeps me coming back to check out what's free or what's on sale often for 50% off.

Most of these games, free or paid, I don't continue to play a month after getting them. I have a backlog of retail games to work through and the PSN stuff is mostly for a quick change of pace in between disc games.

Also, I have a PS3 fat that is 3.5 years old And given that fact, I really appreciate the auto cloud saves each night in case I get the YLOD one day (still hoping that never happens to me :pray: I love my shiny PS3).

[quote name='Wazootyman']I have a pretty sizable double digit backlog, but Marvel Pinball keeps me coming back nightly[/QUOTE]

Same here. And as long as PS+ keeps up its current quality level, I don't plan on letting my subscription lapse period.

If you've been negligent about grabbing your January PS+ content, you have until tomorrow to grab it before most of it is replaced with February's content.

I had no clue that the Cheapy awards were even live already, but it seems that I've been nominated for the Community award. If you've enjoyed this and the other threads I run, feel free to vote for me in the voting thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313215

yeah they got a trophy list up already also.
one of the trophies is beat the game in 30 minutes or less, so i guess that's an indication of how quick you can get through it.
I remember playing this and turtles in time at pizza hut when growing up so free nostalgia is awesome no matter how poorly it plays/looks.

oh n i voted for ya friskytanuki ;)

Today is also the last day to redeem the Daytona USA deal that Sega sent to some of us. Just FYI, I'm still debating it but I think I'm gonna pass. It will go on sale again, I'm sure.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah they got a trophy list up already also.
one of the trophies is beat the game in 30 minutes or less, so i guess that's an indication of how quick you can get through it.
I remember playing this and turtles in time at pizza hut when growing up so free nostalgia is awesome no matter how poorly it plays/looks.

oh n i voted for ya friskytanuki ;)[/QUOTE]
I remember playing the Simpsons game in a couple of arcades with other people and I remember it taking what seemed like hours then. But maybe that's just me looking back with nostalgia clouding my vision.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Today is also the last day to redeem the Daytona USA deal that Sega sent to some of us. Just FYI, I'm still debating it but I think I'm gonna pass. It will go on sale again, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

So I wasn't the only person to get that message. In any case, I didn't jump on it either. It's a great racing game, but racing really isn't my thing.

[quote name='Magicman103']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/06/woo-hoo-the-simpsons-arcade-game-hits-psn-tomorrow/

Blog post about the simpsons arcade game.

meh its not an HD remake like previously reported and that bezel is just awful. But hey free is free and its a kickass game. tomorrow cant come fast enough![/QUOTE]

A quote from that blog:

" We really wanted to stay true to the original experience as much as possible, so all of the assets used in the game are in their original form. That being said, I know there are some weird things that happen when you try to run older tech on these newer HD devices. To that end, we’ve included two different graphic filters (one sharp looking, and another that smooths things out more) so that players could choose the filter that looks best on their screen.

I hope you enjoy the game!"

Hmmm... But, yeah, free is free! Should be fun! :)

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Exactly. I like Plus since it brings something new to the table for free each month. They might not all be winners, but it keeps me coming back to check out what's free or what's on sale often for 50% off.

Most of these games, free or paid, I don't continue to play a month after getting them. I have a backlog of retail games to work through and the PSN stuff is mostly for a quick change of pace in between disc games.

Also, I have a PS3 fat that is 3.5 years old And given that fact, I really appreciate the auto cloud saves each night in case I get the YLOD one day (still hoping that never happens to me :pray: I love my shiny PS3).[/QUOTE]

As someone who has suffered 2 YLODs, cloud saving is the best thing about plus imo

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...iii-spooks-valentines-day-ps-plus-demo-today/

House of the Dead III will be out on 2/14 for $6.99 and purchases during the first two weeks will get an avatar with purchase. PS+ people get an exclusive demo today until 2/21 and can buy it at launch for about $4.89. PS+ also gets some avatars and a theme for free.

Key features:
PlayStation Move compatible
Multi-player mode
Multiple paths
Multiple rescue events
Ranking and grading system to track your shot accuracy
Trophies
Bonus unlockable PlayStation Home item
Original creator interview

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...iii-spooks-valentines-day-ps-plus-demo-today/

House of the Dead III will be out on 2/14 for $6.99 and purchases during the first two weeks will get an avatar with purchase. PS+ people get an exclusive demo today until 2/21 and can buy it at launch for about $4.89. PS+ also gets some avatars and a theme for free.[/QUOTE]

sony is just completely owning my life right now. how the hell did that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back