PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I just noticed that the PS4 version of Evolve Deluxe edition is $74.99 on PS4, but on XB1, its $79.99.  Why is the PS4 Deluxe edition $5 cheaper?

Damn. First they took our magazines and now they taking our websites. Pretty soon they're just going to remove the blurbs on the back of the boxes and we'll just have to guess what games we're buying.
It's kind of crappy they haven't even told the employees before it got out online. At least whoever wrote that responded tongue in cheek.

The only game of interest is Crysis 3, maybe I'll see about scrapping $5 together to get that. 

Edit: Has NFS: Rivals Complete Edition gone on sale for PS3 at any point?

Press down on the main menu to bring up the game's Live Area and on the right above the trophies is a link to the manual.
hmm.. no. No there isn't. I tried that on several games and the only thing above the trophies is a 'friends who play this' section. Tried Dragon age, Octodad, wolf among us, transistor, towerfall, and a bunch of other games. Where do you access the manuals for PS4 games? Vita is easy theres just a button the game menu screen, there should be a section on the game overview tab

I would also say it has a Suikoden vibe, with all the recruitable characters. Thanks to Suikoden II's recent (and long-overdue) PSN launch it's pretty good timing.

I really don't like the battle UI in it, though. I often find it hard to tell exactly what's going on.
what? I wouldn't say this is even remotely like Suikoden. I havent played it but watched a lets play for a while. Unless it drastically changes later i would agree that it seems a lot like Earthbound, but nothing like Suikoden.

Has anyone bit on Life Is Strange?

that game looks really interesting. But i think its episodic. which i friggin hate. I'll wait for it to be complete

what? I wouldn't say this is even remotely like Suikoden. I havent played it but watched a lets play for a while. Unless it drastically changes later i would agree that it seems a lot like Earthbound, but nothing like Suikoden.
Because of all the characters, not the way it plays, you dunce. But hey you watched a lets play for a while so you're an expert.

Because of all the characters, not the way it plays, you dunce. But hey you watched a lets play for a while so you're an expert.
soooo... any game with a large cast of characters is like Suikoden? Is every game with a 4 party combat system like Final fantasy then? Besides Citizen earth only has about 40 recruitable party members i believe. Not anywhere near 108. If you were using party members as your rule of comparison Fire emblem or something would probably be a closer analogy

soooo... any game with a large cast of characters is like Suikoden? Is every game with a 4 party combat system like Final fantasy then? Besides Citizen earth only has about 40 recruitable party members i believe. Not anywhere near 108. If you were using party members as your rule of comparison Fire emblem or something would probably be a closer analogy
What the fuck is your problem

I said it has a Suikoden vibe because of all the recruitable characters. I didn't say the game is like Suikoden overall. You don't do quests to get party members in Fire Emblem either so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

This is shocking to me but maybe not other people: after today, the YouTube app for Vita will no longer be available from the PSN store. You will have to browse on m.youtube.com if you don't have it. The app also won't get any more support come April 20th.

In March, the Map app will cease to exist and some functions of the Near app will be disabled.

This is shocking to me but maybe not other people: after today, the YouTube app for Vita will no longer be available from the PSN store. You will have to browse on m.youtube.com if you don't have it. The app also won't get any more support come April 20th.

In March, the Map app will cease to exist and some functions of the Near app will be disabled.
I just downloaded it. I don't know why as I have never gone to YouTube on my Vita and I don't think I ever will.

Still, it's 5 MB and maybe I'll need it in the future?

That's so strange. Guess that's a confirmation that it'll never come to the vita tv.

FYI: The Ultimate/GOTY editions of Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas are far cheaper than the total of the DLC "sale" prices, and come with all the DLC.

Announcement is supposed to be today, I believe. Read that somewhere yesterday.

EDIT: Expected tomorrow, the 29th, instead. Link
He's in the UK and it's in the afternoon there. An afternoon announcement in the US today would be a tomorrow announcement for the UK. Not saying that means we will get an announcement today, just its a possibility for the US.

He's in the UK and it's in the afternoon there. An afternoon announcement in the US today would be a tomorrow announcement for the UK. Not saying that means we will get an announcement today, just its a possibility for the US.
I hope you're right! I know some months, they get different games across the pond, but are both groups of games (US and EU) usually announced at the same time even if that's the case?

Nothing purchased or downloaded for me this week except for the Black Mask Challenge Maps for my current obsession (Batman: Arkham Origins).  

Though it's odd, I finished purchasing that DLC and even got a "Thank You For Your Purchase" email from Sony, yet when I view it on the web store, it tells me to "Add to Cart" instead of "Download to all my PS3s" like normal after you buy something.  When I try to add it to my cart again, though, it tells me that I am not eligible to purchase it.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Looking forward to hearing what PS+ games we'll be getting for free next week, though!

The app uses Flash and Youtube is going with HTML5 from what I read elsewhere. The Vita browser uses HTML5 so that's why it should still work from there.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/27/7926001/youtube-drops-flash-for-html5-video-default

Nothing purchased or downloaded for me this week except for the Black Mask Challenge Maps for my current obsession (Batman: Arkham Origins).

Though it's odd, I finished purchasing that DLC and even got a "Thank You For Your Purchase" email from Sony, yet when I view it on the web store, it tells me to "Add to Cart" instead of "Download to all my PS3s" like normal after you buy something. When I try to add it to my cart again, though, it tells me that I am not eligible to purchase it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Looking forward to hearing what PS+ games we'll be getting for free next week, though!
I dealt with this glitch myself. Apparently, when the stuff was on the Thank You for Your Purchase page, I had the option of queuing up my downloads. When I went to my downloads list, they weren't there in queue or list. But on my purchase page in my account, they were. Fortunately, when I fired my PS3 up later, the stuff downloaded and added to my account.

Spotify is coming to PS4/PS3 this spring and will allow you to listen to music in the background while you play games on PS4.

Also Music Unlimited will be ending on March 29th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/28/playstation-meet-spotify/
Wow, they're just shitting on Vita today. I also loved this bit: "From February 28, 2015, Music Unlimited users with active subscriptions will receive free access to Music Unlimited through March 29, 2015." In other news, Netflix subscribers receive a free month of Netflix.

FYI: The Ultimate/GOTY editions of Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas are far cheaper than the total of the DLC "sale" prices, and come with all the DLC.
These games can't even run properly on PS3 with all the DLC installed. I know from experience. I'd say skip them altogether and play them on another platform. If you have nothing else to play Skyrim and Fallout 3/NV on then you're out of luck, expect frequent frame rate drops, load times that go on forever (sometimes literally forcing a restart of your system), and of course constant freezes (also forcing a restart). I'm not even talking about the bugs/glitches because there's that too but that's present on all platforms as well. The performance issues on PS3 specifically are ridiculous, it's surprising how these games were even allowed to be released on the system.

These games can't even run properly on PS3 with all the DLC installed. I know from experience. I'd say skip them altogether and play them on another platform. If you have nothing else to play Skyrim and Fallout 3/NV on then you're out of luck, expect frequent frame rate drops, load times that go on forever (sometimes literally forcing a restart of your system), and of course constant freezes (also forcing a restart). I'm not even talking about the bugs/glitches because there's that too but that's present on all platforms as well. The performance issues on PS3 specifically are ridiculous, it's surprising how these games were even allowed to be released on the system.
Is that still true after the skyrim patch? Thanks for the heads up

Is that still true after the skyrim patch? Thanks for the heads up
Skyrim fully patched is playable now but still not ideal. I remember playing it at launch and it turned into a slideshow with a high level character save. That's no longer the case but I'd still advise against giving it a go unless playing it on PS3 is the only way you can play it. If you decide to do so, playing through the main and side quests (basically the base game) without too many issues is possible but as soon as you get any DLC for it it might just break the game. I decided only to get Dragonborn for it and once I started playing the expansion the frame rate immediately took a dip. I still managed to beat it and the frame rate did improve later on but I can only imagine how bad the game would run if you added Dawnguard and Hearthfire on top of that. Play at your own risk (and I don't like having to say that because I really do like this kind of game but it simply wasn't optimized for the system's architecture properly, hopefully the next Fallout/TES games will run much better on PS4).

Ps now question: I beat Bioshock infinite awhile ago on my PS3. I'd like to play the dlc parts one and two. Anyway to do that on psnow? I don't own a PS3 anymore so I was hoping to play through my ps4.

Thought the PS+ lineup was announced on the last Friday of the month.

Expecting Catherine for valentines day of course
I predicted the same thing with Xbox Games With Gold. They added Brothers (which PS+ already did IIRC) and Sniper Elite V2 instead.

I wouldn't mind if Plus gave us free Mass Effect or Max Payne next month.

Ps now question: I beat Bioshock infinite awhile ago on my PS3. I'd like to play the dlc parts one and two. Anyway to do that on psnow? I don't own a PS3 anymore so I was hoping to play through my ps4.
Not unless 2K adds the Ultimate Edition. There have been some on there, but it's not a guarantee.

I'd be okay with Thief. I rented it last year and couldn't get into it but this would give me a chance to finish it.

But my fingers are crossed for the RL connection. Rayman Legends and Rouge Legacy.

how come it does not let me buy BF4 Premium through the web store? It says "You are now eligible to purchase or download this content" I also tried on the ps3 ps store and its $49.99? anyone have the same problems or solutions? thanks

PS plus is great:

.so many games I have got free that I WAS interested in but it saved me the regret of a purchase. Not that the games are bad, its just I don't like them, or can't get into them. I can understand why fan of a particular genre would, but again, saved me some trouble.

how come it does not let me buy BF4 Premium through the web store? It says "You are now eligible to purchase or download this content" I also tried on the ps3 ps store and its $49.99? anyone have the same problems or solutions? thanks
Are you talking about the Premium Edition? It's not on sale on PS3, nor the base game itself. The Premium season pass is the only thing that would apply to the PS3 version since it's supposed to be Cross Buy.

Did people actually use the Youtube app regularly? I used it once or twice until the shitty way that it requires a ton of memory card space to let you watch videos got in the way of my desire to be able to store games on my memory card. It was such a terrible app, so if Google doesn't want to make it a better app, then I'm fine with it going away for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back