PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is nothing big on sale for PS4 titles, I think I may preorder the new Mortal Kombat to round out my spend $100. I still cannot believe Netherrealm pulled themselves out of the graves with that series. I can especially appreciate it being an animator here in Chicago haha and want to support them as much as I can.

Speaking of all the PS4 HDD upgrades, does it have to be that Seagate? I have had bad luck with them and prefer WD.

http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Portable-Hard-Drive-WDBU6Y0020BBK-NESN/dp/B00DULWSXI/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424792814&sr=1-5&keywords=wd+external+hard+drive

I would prefer getting that one, are there any issues with that? I cannot see why there would be but you never know.

So I've made my list of pickups to get the rebate and I'm $6.05 short at the moment. I really want to play Child of Light, but it really bugs me it's not cross-buy so I'm hesitant to support it. But that would get me within a nickel of the goal and I could probably just buy one of the super cheap games to push me over. If I snag Child of Light is there a best platform for it? I'm thinking of PS4 since I can just remote play it on to my Vita anyway and still have the console play option. Thoughts? Should I gamble and see if there is any regular content on sale this week (beyond the Vita sale) or take the sure thing now?

If there is nothing big on sale for PS4 titles, I think I may preorder the new Mortal Kombat to round out my spend $100. I still cannot believe Netherrealm pulled themselves out of the graves with that series. I can especially appreciate it being an animator here in Chicago haha and want to support them as much as I can.

Speaking of all the PS4 HDD upgrades, does it have to be that Seagate? I have had bad luck with them and prefer WD.

http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Portable-Hard-Drive-WDBU6Y0020BBK-NESN/dp/B00DULWSXI/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424792814&sr=1-5&keywords=wd+external+hard+drive

I would prefer getting that one, are there any issues with that? I cannot see why there would be but you never know.
All of WD's 2.5" HDDs that are bigger than 1TB are 12.5mm drives, which I believe can't be used in the PS4.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/internal/mobile/

There's a Blue and a Red that are 1TB, though the drives bigger than 1TB are both Green drives and they're 12.5mm thick.

That Seagate drive previously mentioned has a Samsung Spinpoint inside of it, though as you're unshelling a retail external drive, Seagate may deny warranty coverage. The bare drive has been at $100 twice from Newegg in the last month, so if you wait a bit longer, you should see it again at $100 from NewEgg.

The Atelier games, are they digital download only? Do they have separate trophy lists from their PS3 conterparts? I'm wondering if I should just snag those three as well. I haven't played any of them but I was thinking they might be really good filler too, but there's no need to jump on them right away if I can get the same trophies out of the PS3 discs.

So I've made my list of pickups to get the rebate and I'm $6.05 short at the moment. I really want to play Child of Light, but it really bugs me it's not cross-buy so I'm hesitant to support it. But that would get me within a nickel of the goal and I could probably just buy one of the super cheap games to push me over. If I snag Child of Light is there a best platform for it? I'm thinking of PS4 since I can just remote play it on to my Vita anyway and still have the console play option. Thoughts? Should I gamble and see if there is any regular content on sale this week (beyond the Vita sale) or take the sure thing now?

The Atelier games, are they digital download only? Do they have separate trophy lists from their PS3 conterparts? I'm wondering if I should just snag those three as well. I haven't played any of them but I was thinking they might be really good filler too, but there's no need to jump on them right away if I can get the same trophies out of the PS3 discs.
and this one time, at band camp

The Atelier games, are they digital download only? Do they have separate trophy lists from their PS3 conterparts?
Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland - shared list PS3/VITA

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2729-Atelier-Rorona-Plus-The-Alchemist-of-Arland

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland - separate list

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2115-Atelier-Meruru-Plus-The-Apprentice-of-Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland - separate list http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1901-Atelier-Totori-The-Adventurer-of-Arland

Oh Sony, you killing my wallet with all these good sales. I just bought Far Cry 4, South Park and 1 year of PS+. The Vita birthday sale has all the games I want on sale. Looks like I have to get another $50 code while it's still on sale. 

You traveled so far for something that is right in front of you. :(
Google search box, type in a couple words and then read the results. It was pretty much as in front of me as opening the first page of the thread in a tab and then searching for Jet Set a couple times. It's good to know the list is there though. I didn't realize everything made the move to this thread ... the links on the top of the first page still point to the old thread.

My son indeed was hyped when I mentioned SAO was going to be on sale today and shoved money in my hand. I opened up and setup the PS-TV last night in prep... and today downloaded a bunch of games to the system while leaving enough space for SAO and Jet Set Radio (which I plan to buy since it wasn't free last year). Dang it's easy to eat up an 8GB card... but I'm not upgrading until I buy a Vita or put a ton of time into the system so I know I'll use it.

Knowing my son was going to monopolize the PS-TV for a while I figured I'd throw some other games on there... Castlevania SotN, Dont Starve, Dragon Fantasy 1, Final Fantasy 7, Harvest Moon Back to Nature, Minecraft, Luftrausers, Imaginstruments, Street Fighter Alpha 1, The King of Fighters 99.

I kind of hope there isn't another sale this week... I need to curb the spending and stop feeding the addiction. But I did resist this past sale and the whole $100 spending to get $15 available to spend... so I feel like I'm winning the battle.

Still debating on whether to get some PS4 preorders to hit the $100 or just a couple years of plus. I'm already set on plus until May '16. But I'm very nervous about digital preorders with the way games have launched this gen. Plus the ability to sell back physical games is a big advantage no?

Can anyone recommend what to get with $10 for ps3? I was leaning towards Child of Light for $6 before the store updates, but don't know what to do about the $4 left over..don't want to leave any credit on the account.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland - shared list PS3/VITA http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2729-Atelier-Rorona-Plus-The-Alchemist-of-Arland

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland - separate list http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2115-Atelier-Meruru-Plus-The-Apprentice-of-Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland - separate list http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1901-Atelier-Totori-The-Adventurer-of-Arland
There's 4 PS3 games though. Rorona, Meruru, Totori, and Rorona Plus. On the Vita, there's 3: Meruru Plus, Totori Plus, and Rorona Plus. I would be surprised if Rorona and Rorona Plus shared the same trophy list.

Edit: Rorona (original): http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/406-Atelier-Rorona-The-Alchemist-of-Arland

The reason Meruru and Totori trophy lists are not the same is because the PS3 version is the original, and the Vita version is the Plus. There isn't a Meruru+ and Totori+ on the PS3, and the originals aren't on Vita.

The way I read it, you need to use the code to add the funds to your account by a certain date, but I don't think you need to spend those funds by a set date (which I originally thought you did have to).

the $15 refund must be used by a certain date?
That's correct. You'll get a code sent to your PSN ID email address for the $15. That code has an expiration date on it. But as long as you redeem that code by the expiration date, the fund will be in your wallet for as long as your account exists or until you spend it.

Weird. Ever since I activated my PS plus trial yesterday, I can't log in to my account on PC. It just logs me out once I log in. I can still get to the store on the vita so I should be okay for the sale but anyone else get this glitch? I cleared my cookies too.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems it was just firefox. It's working on chrome and on mobile.

Plan on picking up a few titles, but I'm torn on Deception 4.

I know it hasn't been announced for the states yet, but I can't confirm or deny that the new Deception coming out (Another Princess) is going to include the regular Deception 4. Anyone know?

If so, I'll wait.

Vita sale is showing on PS-TV store front (looking at it right now) ... but the prices haven't changed yet.   Just a heads up that they are working on the update.  If you wanted anything from the old sale you probably need to make a decision very soon.

Prices are starting to go live on the vita game sale.  I was able to get SOA and JSR purchased after a couple tries of getting them in my cart after the price drop.   All the prices are live through the store on my PS-TV.

I'm already downloading both to my PS-TV.  My son should be super hyped tonight.  Plus we have 2-4" of snow in the forecast for tomorrow which is a big deal for Alabama... so he may get more game time than normal for a week night.

Any idea which games, Frisky?
The prices aren't final yet, but this is my work-in-progress list at the moment:

Battlefield 4 - PS4 - $29.99 -
Battlefield 4 - PS3 - $29.99 -
Beyond Good & Evil HD - PS3 - $9.99 -
The Crew - PS4 - $41.99 -
The Crew - Silver Crew Credit Pack - $14.99 -
EA Sports UFC - PS4 - $29.99 -
Far Cry 3 - PS3 - $9.99
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3 - $14.99 -
Far Cry 4 Gold Edition - PS4 - $53.99 -
Far Cry 4 Gold Edition - PS3 - $53.99 -
Far Cry Classic - PS3 - $4.99 -
Just Dance 2015 - PS4 - $49.99 -
Just Dance 2015 - PS3 - $39.99 -
Monopoly Family Fun Pack - PS4 - $29.99 -
Monopoly Plus - PS4 - $14.99 -
NBA Live 15 - PS4 - $29.99 -
Need for Speed Rivals - PS4 - $29.99 -
Need for Speed Rivals - PS3 - $19.99 -
Rabbids Invasion - PS4 - $39.99 -
Rayman Origins - PS3 - $19.99 -
Rayman Origins - Vita - $26.99 -
Tetris Ultimate - PS4 - $6.99 -
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimate Edition - PS3 - $
Trials Fusion - PS4 - $13.99 - 30% Off
Watch Dogs - PS4 - $24.99 -
Watch Dogs - PS3 - $19.99 -
Watch Dogs - Season Pass - PS4 - $13.99 -
Watch Dogs - Season Pass - PS3 - $13.99 -

The prices aren't final yet, but this is my work-in-progress list at the moment:

Battlefield 4 - PS4 - $29.99 -
Battlefield 4 - PS3 - $29.99 -
Beyond Good & Evil HD - PS3 - $9.99 -
The Crew - PS4 - $41.99 -
The Crew - Silver Crew Credit Pack - $14.99 -
EA Sports UFC - PS4 - $29.99 -
Far Cry 3 - PS3 - $9.99
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3 - $14.99 -
Far Cry 4 Gold Edition - PS4 - $53.99 -
Far Cry 4 Gold Edition - PS3 - $53.99 -
Far Cry Classic - PS3 - $4.99 -
Just Dance 2015 - PS4 - $49.99 -
Just Dance 2015 - PS3 - $39.99 -
Monopoly Family Fun Pack - PS4 - $29.99 -
Monopoly Plus - PS4 - $14.99 -
NBA Live 15 - PS4 - $29.99 -
Need for Speed Rivals - PS4 - $29.99 -
Need for Speed Rivals - PS3 - $19.99 -
Rabbids Invasion - PS4 - $39.99 -
Rayman Origins - PS3 - $19.99 -
Rayman Origins - Vita - $26.99 -
Tetris Ultimate - PS4 - $6.99 -
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Ultimate Edition - PS3 - $
Trials Fusion - PS4 - $13.99 - 30% Off
Watch Dogs - PS4 - $24.99 -
Watch Dogs - PS3 - $19.99 -
Watch Dogs - Season Pass - PS4 - $13.99 -
Watch Dogs - Season Pass - PS3 - $13.99 -
Hope Rayman Origins for the Vita is like $5 because my friend liked Legends alot and I told him I would let him know when Origins is on sale for a good price.

Turrible%2Bjust%2Bturrible.jpg

This is what i was afraid of.. the Vita sale is the big one.

Glad i decided to just get Tomb Raider early this morning.. now with what i'm grabbing today, $11 short. 

Ubisoft sale? pass.

May just extend my PS+

Under Night In-Birth is finally out stateside if you're at all into airdash fighters. It's from the same devs as the Melty Blood series (French-Bread), and appears to have also been worked on by Arc System Works. (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue)

Normally $33.99 (Which is cheaper than I was expecting msrp to be, in the first place), plus a 30% discount bringing it down to $23.79 if you have PS+.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for $5.  I 100%'ed it on xbox, but for $5, I'm in.  Loved that game.  Guess it's finally time to pick up Beyond Good and Evil HD, too since I've never played it.  

It's easy to unlock. And why not at least try Rondo of Blood? It's probably the best old-school Castlevania, and it takes place right before SotN. Certainly it has one of the best soundtracks in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back