PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radiohead was asked to write the theme song for Spectre, and while it didn't work out, they posted it for others to hear: https://soundcloud.com/radiohead ("Spectre" song under Spotlight)
Just reaffirms how much I can't stand Radiohead anymore. Everything they create now sounds like one dull muted tone to me. I saw them back on The Bends tour (where I met Marilyn Manson) and I really truly believe their best days are far behind them. I could see why it didn't work out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Max showed up here as #10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNmNqnJcRCI

List is completely based on how well he enjoyed the games. Mentions there's a bunch of problems with the game but that it's a ton of fun anyway. Goes into quite a bit of detail about why it's fun. You guys have been pretty positive about it so I've already been interested, but it's good to see that from a critical standpoint. Wonder how many lists we'll see MM show up in with as average (sitting at 69 at Metacritic) as it was in critic reviews.

Mad Max showed up here as #10:

List is completely based on how well he enjoyed the games. Mentions there's a bunch of problems with the game but that it's a ton of fun anyway. Goes into quite a bit of detail about why it's fun. You guys have been pretty positive about it so I've already been interested, but it's good to see that from a critical standpoint. Wonder how many lists we'll see MM show up in with as average (sitting at 69 at Metacritic) as it was in critic reviews.
My Top 5 of 2015:

1. Bloodborne

2. MGS V

3. The Witcher 3

4. Fallout 4

5. Mad Max

I still consider Mad Max the Biggest Surprise of 2015. Arkham Knight was the Biggest Disappointment.

I've heard several times in here about people being disappointed in Arkham Knight. I was thinking about playing it soon. What was so disappointing about it?

I've heard several times in here about people being disappointed in Arkham Knight. I was thinking about playing it soon. What was so disappointing about it?
It focused on the Batmobile too much but I still think it was a solid game and miles ahead of Origins. Not as strong as City was but well worth $20 or so which seems to be the going rate these days. I wouldn't bother waiting for a GOTY version since most of the DLC is cosmetic crap or easily forgettable short missions?

Too much Batmobile. It's not a terrible game by any means, but it just didn't feel as fun to play as the amazing Asylum and City entries.

Biggest disappointment by far was Battlefront.
have to agree with that. nothing else really comes close with even a quarter of the hype this game had.

biggest surprise for me this year was elder scrolls online. i fully expected to hate that game, but i bought it cause of the glitch + cert it came with.

Just got my Black Ops credit from last weeks deal of the day. I got $8.64 for each copy I bought for my friend. They told me it's only $8.64 because you can't price adjust a deal of the day with GCU. He even sent me a link stating this price adjustment rule. This was a mod from the forums which has helped me in the past. So much better than dealing with the idiots that answer BBYs phones.

Told my friend I got him $17 back from the purchase and he said just keep the credit.

It focused on the Batmobile too much but I still think it was a solid game and miles ahead of Origins. Not as strong as City was but well worth $20 or so which seems to be the going rate these days. I wouldn't bother waiting for a GOTY version since most of the DLC is cosmetic crap or easily forgettable short missions?
Nabbed the Premium Edition for $16.XX from the price mistake at Amazon, so I already have what the GOTY edition would presumably have included anyway.

My Top 5 of 2015:

1. Bloodborne

2. MGS V

3. The Witcher 3

4. Fallout 4

5. Mad Max

I still consider Mad Max the Biggest Surprise of 2015. Arkham Knight was the Biggest Disappointment.
Witcher 3
Fallout 4
Rocket League
Arkham Knight
MGS V

Biggest disappointment by far was Battlefront.

Bloodborne (barely beat out Fallout due to co-op and PvP implementation)

Fallout 4

MGS V

Tales from the Borderlands

Helldivers

Tony Hawk was the biggest disappointment, but not unexpected.

Top 3:
Fallout 4
Rocket League
Ori and the Blind Forest

I can't remember what else I've even played this year. Not much. Nuclear Throne is fun. I've only played episode one of Tales from the Borderlands and enjoyed it but can't attest to the full season.

If Gator was really bored he could look up my TT/TA profiles to see what I've played... Or I'll do it later.

So did anyone else in the thread get DI 3.0 PS4 recently and just haven't started it?  I know Derek, Munky, and myself all have it.  Apparently the arcade trophy is a PITA if dealing with randoms.  Wren apparently messaged Topside telling him I needed a trophy, but since he is MIA I do not expect him to be terribly interested.

Should be relatively easy to knock out if anyone is interested and we can find a time that works for all of us.

So did anyone else in the thread get DI 3.0 PS4 recently and just haven't started it? I know Derek, Munky, and myself all have it. Apparently the arcade trophy is a PITA if dealing with randoms. Wren apparently messaged Topside telling him I needed a trophy, but since he is MIA I do not expect him to be terribly interested.

Should be relatively easy to knock out if anyone is interested and we can find a time that works for all of us.
I already got the plat on it but still have the disc so if you need someone to stand in I can help. It is easiest if you do the game type that is similar to Splatoon.

Might change depending on the Lost Dimension true ending, but right now.

Top 5 played in 2015:

Virtue's Last Reward

Hatoful Boyfriend

Bayonetta

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed

Super Time Force Ultra

Bottom 5 played in 2015:

Pixeljunk Racers: Second Lap

Race the Sun

Jurassic Park

Metal Gear 1

Eat Lead

Love Radiohead and would prefer this song for Spectre. Thom York is a musical genius!

NdNGbXC.gif

Might change depending on the Lost Dimension true ending, but right now.

Top 5 played in 2015:

Virtue's Last Reward

Hatoful Boyfriend

Bayonetta

Sonic All Star Racing Transformed

Super Time Force Ultra

Bottom 5 played in 2015:

Pixeljunk Racers: Second Lap

Race the Sun

Jurassic Park

Metal Gear 1

Eat Lead
You didn't like metal gear?

I'm playing Arkham Knight now and I think it got a bad wrap. There is a fair amount of Batmobile but they use it in fairly creative ways. Overall it does feel a little off balance as a whole though. If you actually drive through the city using the Batmobile you miss out on some of the side missions that would happen organically in the past. There are some that require the Batmobile though too. 

Gliding as Batman through the city is fun so you lose a bit of that to the Batmobile. I think if we had no prior knowledge of the older games this game would be a god send but it ends up feeling a bit looser \ more all over the place version of what we already know and love. 

It's by no means a bad game though. 

Top 5 played in 2015:

Tomb Raider Definitive

Enslaved

AC IV

Blood Dragon

Guac STCE

Spent a good chunk of the year not gaming but played some pretty good stuff nonetheless.

Where are y'all getting a good list of games you've played in 2015?  And don't say your own spreadsheets.  

Trying to sort to show all games in 2015 is not working for my not wanting to be at work mind on TT or PSNP.

EDIT fuck it ill just go down my psnp list like a farmer

Where are y'all getting a good list of games you've played in 2015? And don't say your own spreadsheets.

Trying to sort to show all games in 2015 is not working for my not wanting to be at work mind on TT or PSNP
I just pulled up PSNP on my phone, but I will probably amend my list if it's just "played in 2015" instead of "played and released in 2015"

You didn't like metal gear?
No, the original top down Metal Gear from the 80s is not fun to play, partly because it goes out of its way to troll you. Example, wander into the back of a random truck near the end of the game and it takes you all the way back to the starting area of the game.

I forgot I played Heavenly Sword this year, I think that's almost half the reason I do the reviews for the games without trophies, so I won't forget I played them.

top 5 played+finished this year for me (no particular order):

zombie army trilogy

blood bowl 2

rocket league

super meat boy

jamestown+

deadpool / disgaea 5 / just cause 3 get the collective nod for games I didn't finish this year but are pretty awesome

Top 5 this year:

• Final Fantasy 7
  • Grand Theft Auto 3
  • Resident Evil
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
  • Tales of Symphonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back