Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Monsta Mack']... and just hit Elite. Now to get the demolition achievements.

When's the ETA on the Private First Class patch?[/quote]

Tomorrow. They are just going to reset everyone's rank. Bet that stings! ;)

Just kidding.

Man, I just got this. I have my sealed copy right next to me.

I am just so into CoD4 and the new maps right now, that I don't know if I can pull myself away.

Help!

[quote name='jkanownik']The end of the last level sucked and really showed the flaws in the single player game. Why give me the opportunity to shoot at the main enemy when the damage doesn't register? I shot him ten times in the head and saw the blood splatter and he just ran away. Why would I stand around listening to the main enemy talk instead of just shooting him? After killing the main enemy there was a looooooong pause (over a minute) so I started looking around. Where did all the rubble come from behind me? It just magically appeared there. When I turned back around his body was gone!

I expect that kind of crap from lesser games but it really surprised me to see it in a major franchise. Even without the major glitches I was having Biohock flashbacks and thinking to myself that it couldn't possibly be the end of the game.[/quote]

I had that same problem with the last level and fighting a helicopter? Come on. I'm surprised people havent gotten mad at you. I tried saying that this game had problems like that earlier in this thread and people didnt want to hear it

[quote name='Kendal'] Tomorrow. They are just going to reset everyone's rank. Bet that stings! ;) [/QUOTE]

Even if they did I already have my acheesement sucka :p

[quote name='HighlightShow']Man, I just got this. I have my sealed copy right next to me.

I am just so into CoD4 and the new maps right now, that I don't know if I can pull myself away.

Help![/QUOTE]

Once you play this you'll forget about CoD4... if you can appreciate realism and tactics that is. CoD4 is the new definition of "Run and Gun" IMHO. More so then Halo 3.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Once you play this you'll forget about CoD4... if you can appreciate realism and tactics that is. [/quote]

A fucking men! lol

[quote name='Kendal'] Tomorrow. They are just going to reset everyone's rank. Bet that stings! ;) [/QUOTE]

Even if they did I already have my acheesement sucka :p

[quote name='HighlightShow']Man, I just got this. I have my sealed copy right next to me.

Help![/QUOTE]

Once you play this you'll forget about CoD4... if you can appreciate realism and tactics that is. CoD4 is the new definition of "Run and Gun" IMHO. More so then Halo 3.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Once you play this you'll forget about CoD4... if you can appreciate realism and tactics that is. [/quote]

A fucking men! lol

I love this game so much. I got the CoD 4 maps which are great but I still keep going back to Rainbow 6.

Anyone want to play tonight I will be on after 9 central if I am on a another game just throw me a invite. I also need the hosting achivement.

[quote name='Logg']I love this game so much. I got the CoD 4 maps which are great but I still keep going back to Rainbow 6.

Anyone want to play tonight I will be on after 9 central if I am on a another game just throw me a invite. I also need the hosting achivement.[/quote]

I might be on - look for me on the clan.

Finally got back into this over the weekend. Man, I forgot how much I loved this game. Working my way through the campaign now but I might be down for some T-Hunt or games tonight. Look for me on the clan list.

We really need to get everyone together for a CAG night soon!

I do not have the RSV2 clan

I will be on my XBOX from now (9 30 central) to about 2 am central

If I am in any other game, I will be right there.

Well I finally finished up the Campaign on Realistic. Really enjoyed it overall. Having fun with T-Hunt right now.

If any CAGs are looking for someone to play through the campaign on co-op let me know. I'd like to run through as Knight to get the cheesemints. Also wanna play some T-Hunt with the CAGs. Send your FR to CAG R6V2 and we'll get a game on!

Im going to be honest, I'm not into this like I was. Im not a COD fan because of the lack of cover system but I just cant keep going. The only thing pushing me is the achievements which I just have given up on getting the right way. I think this lack of wanting to play is due to GTA coming out. All I have left is Attack and Defend achievements.

IF ANYONE WANTS to get the Attack and Defend Achievements PM me or send me a message on XBL-Runofthedill.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well I finally finished up the Campaign on Realistic. Really enjoyed it overall. Having fun with T-Hunt right now.

If any CAGs are looking for someone to play through the campaign on co-op let me know. I'd like to run through as Knight to get the cheesemints. Also wanna play some T-Hunt with the CAGs. Send your FR to CAG R6V2 and we'll get a game on![/quote]

I am down for Co-op or THunt.

Played a bit of online this morning and it seems that the brits takeover the mornings, which means lag issues, as well. Luckily, it tends to get better after the beginning of the match, so it's not completely horrible. Lots of fun though.

[quote name='VipFREAK']A fucking men! lol[/quote]

I really enjoyed the single player campaign, but don't like the multiplayer, which sucks, as I thought I'd find something to break my sessions of Call of Duty 4. I read about SOCOM's adaptive cover system (for use with the PS3 controller). Not that this has anything to do with my opinion on Vegas 2, but... But yes, in any event, I'm selling my copy. Check my list, if you want it for $35 shipped.

It's odd, as I dig many things about Vegas 2, including upgrade system and play modes, and even like the run animation (which I hated about Frontlines), but just cannot get into the multiplayer.

*shrugs*

Fun game, though.

[quote name='lordwow']The only thing that drives me nuts about the MP is that most matches last about 60 seconds.[/quote]

That and the whole auto drop after a ranked match are what dive me up the wall. When you do find a good host and group to play with you have to start from scratch the next round. I am having a blast when I find a decent ping though, so it's not too bad.

I ordered the game from the Amazon Marketplace but my friend had a copy so we played it over in his dorm and i wasn't impressed :( SO now i have the game which i believe i can't return it so it's up on eBay if anyone is interested. Free shipping for CAGs, just specify CAG somewhere in the message when you pay.

R6V2

Anyone planning on playing today? I am probably going to be sinking more hours into this game. I shall be THunting until the cows come home!

[quote name='Kendal']Anyone planning on playing today? I am probably going to be sinking more hours into this game. I shall be THunting until the cows come home![/quote]

I should be on later tonight so I'll try to jump in for a bit.

Good times playing over the weekend with you guys. Had the wife's family over so while I was allowed to play, no headset was permitted! ;)

Catch everyone tonight!

I'm not sure if I can play this any more. No matchmaking was a huge mistake that I thought they would have fixed from last time (it seems way worse now, actually).

Every single game I join the host is kicking or moving people around to stack the teams in their favor.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah Vegas sucks and I'm going back to lock down!!!

Infact I'm going to go buy MLB2k8 because we all know that wasn't half assed either

For those that care/want their achievement: Apparently Ubisoft is working on a patch to fix it. They just didn't list a date or what method would have to be taken to get the achievement. I just hope It's not something extreme like reseting everyones rank (lol).

However they did not mention any fixes for people losing all their experience/rank which has happended to over a dozen + people so far, maybe more.[/quote]

I just recently started this and notice a buddy of mine got the achievement, but I wasn't able to get it. Glad I searched the thread instead of asked a question that may have already been answered.

Hopefully they patch it soon and just give the achievement to the players that should have it once patched.

[quote name='craven_fiend']
Hopefully they patch it soon and just give the achievement to the players that should have it once patched.[/QUOTE]

It's only a matter of time, but if theres some real odd reason I stop caring about wearing my custom camo and goofy face wear then I'll just reset my rank to the start and get private first class. That and I gota "borrow" one of my friends vision cams so I can get the other achivement.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It's only a matter of time, but if theres some real odd reason I stop caring about wearing my custom camo and goofy face wear then I'll just reset my rank to the start and get private first class. That and I gota "borrow" one of my friends vision cams so I can get the other achivement.[/quote]

I need to find a friend with a Vision Cam. That way I can get this achievement and the one on Vegas.

I should be an Elite sometime next week if I keep playing a lot. I can't wait. I bet they reset the ranks the day I am about to get Elite.

I read that a title update is out that fixes the PFC achievement glitch. it also fixes the terrorist infinite respawn XP glitch.

via Xbox360Fanboy:
  • Weapon Switch: Swapping to & from Pistols are now faster in Multiplayer.
  • Sound Loops: Optimized sound bank to improve weapon firing and helicopter sound clips that loop over and over.
  • Pings: Servers now update their pings more often so that players have a more accurate value of server performance.
  • Team Leader Respawn Modification: Spawn Shield is shorter when respawning with the Leader.
  • XP Modifiers: When there are more people on a team than the other, there is an overall XP modifier applied to all XP gained during the game.
  • Outfitting: By pressing the start button, players now have access to the outfitting menu in observer mode.
  • Team Deathmatch Respawn Modification: Respawning in Team Deathmatch now work like regular Deathmatch (random points throughout the map) which intensifies gameplay and minimizes spawn camping/trapping.
  • Faster Respawns: Faster respawns for Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. You no longer have to wait a full 10 seconds!
  • Custom Search: Players who enter a room using custom search then exit will be brought back to an automatic search with the same criteria.
  • Fixes
  • Rank Reset Glitch: Fixed. Players will be able to use their Xbox guide during the game loading without risk of losing their rank.
  • Private First Class - Achievement: If you are ranked Private First Class or above, you will automatically get the achievement after the title update is complete and you load your gamer profile.
  • Freedom Shall Prevail - Achievement: If you've passed all checkpoints on Story Mode on Realistic and finished the game, you will automatically get the achievement after the title update is complete and you load your gamer profile.
  • That Wasn't So Hard - Ribbon: Your ribbon now unlocks when you get the achievement.
  • Light Machinegun Sound Glitch: When firing continuously with any light machinegun, the sound of the weapon will no longer get cut off.
  • Civilians & Hostages on Tactical Map: No longer are displayed as terrorists.
  • Shield Teleport Glitch: Players can no longer teleport when trying to take cover with a shield.
  • Out of Map Glitch: Players can no longer cover-peek into each other to raise a team mate above their heads that allows them to walk into areas outside the designated map.
  • Friend Invite in Ranked Matches: Inviting friends in Ranked Matches now work correctly.
  • Custom Face: Previously, Custom faces were sometimes copied over to another player's face. This is no longer the case. Custom faces will display the proper faces.
  • Radar Jammer: Radar Jammer now work for clients, not just hosts.
  • XP Farming: That one famous area in ACT 1 "Ambush" will no longer allow XP Farming.
  • Observer Mode: Players will no longer be stuck in the respawn screen at 0 seconds while in observer mode.
  • Weapon Restriction: The weapon restriction configuration is no longer kept in Terrorist Hunt, Story and Co-op Story.
  • Custom Camo 3 Save: The colour and pattern of Custom Camo 3 now saves correctly.

[quote name='Kendal']I should be an Elite sometime next week if I keep playing a lot. I can't wait. I bet they reset the ranks the day I am about to get Elite.[/quote]

me too, but then again, I am the best person I know at this game

:lol::lol:

[quote name='GRNDHOG']me too, but then again, I am the best person I know at this game

:lol::lol:[/quote]

Quiet n00bcake! :D

Tomorrow, I am so down for some RSV2 marathon. Yeah I should opene up Persona 3 FES, but I am addicted to this game.

[quote name='Kendal']Quiet n00bcake! :D

Tomorrow, I am so down for some RSV2 marathon. Yeah I should opene up Persona 3 FES, but I am addicted to this game.[/quote]

Lets plan on a Saturday R6V2 marathon. Get your ass outta bed early enough, too.

Also, love the new info:lol:

[quote name='GRNDHOG']Lets plan on a Saturday R6V2 marathon. Get your ass outta bed early enough, too.[/QUOTE]

When you say "marathon"....? I prob put in a 10 hour shift yesterday. I'll be on in a little bit this morning.

[quote name='Scobie']When you say "marathon"....? I prob put in a 10 hour shift yesterday. I'll be on in a little bit this morning.[/QUOTE]

yeah you totally out-marathoned me yesterday

bread's done
Back