Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='VipFREAK']Again why is this being compared to COD4...? At least stuff works unlike COD4.

No different than EA... ? Uh... so how does Army of Two compare? yeah.. that's what I thought.[/quote]

You mean like the match making, or the party system? Oh wait. No matter how fun this game is, and it is quite fun, it is still a HUGE failure because of the simple fact they did not incorporate any party or matchmaking system into the multiplayer. Its near impossible to find a room where you can invite your 4 buddies and play, and when you do find one, chances are if you are any good at all, you will be banned within 2 rounds if you aren't on the hosts team. Make your own room you say? Heh, good luck actually getting people to join, and stay to play, especially if you have more than 2 friends with you in the room who share the same tag and have even a halfway decent rank, people will leave after every game, until it ends up 6v2, or worse. Yes, the game IS fun, but the fact you have to jump through so many hoops JUST to have a good online game is pretty pathetic to say the least. Fix the fucking primitive multiplayer server selection and this game will knock COD4 down even, till then its simply frustrating.

How does it compare? Cod 4 is actually good and polished and has ong new stuff!!!!. Thats why. I just beat the co-op and it was terrible. If you honestly enjoy this game thats great but I can't wait to rid my self of this trash.

What do you mean how does this compare with EA...EA will send stuff out thats unpolished and rehashed just like this. At least Army of Two tried something new point I dont't think your getting my point

[quote name='drbutchevil']Fix the fucking primitive multiplayer server selection and this game will knock COD4 down even, till then its simply frustrating.[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems, I did when I first got the game, but now the past week I've been having a fucking blast! Comparing COD4 to RSV2 is an insult to RSV2. lol

[quote name='slickkill77']Cod 4 is actually good and polished and has ong new stuff!!!!. [/quote]

Polished? Oh, the atari sounding guns? oh yeah, I guess after some 30yrs. I'd expect it to be polished...

[quote name='slickkill77']At least Army of Two tried something new point I dont't think your getting my point[/quote]

You mean like stand out in the middle of an open area, put your backs to each other and fire at enemies as they drain that health status? lol, yeah... Can someone ask our Army in Iraq if they'd try that new idea?

Eh... whatever. To each his own I guess.

COD4 was great for the first month or two it was out and It died down for me very quickly. It's a great game just not my type of game for the long run.
Halo 3 got my interest back with Team Swat and the new maps but I still can't constantly stay in tuned with it outside of the occasional social match, as the ranking system is way too broke (mind you if I boost to get Elite that's a bit different, but Halo 3 makes it seem impossible to hit 45 or 50 after you put in 1000+ games).

R6 Vegas has this extremely addictive tactical focus that keeps me interested in it. If this game can last me till Soul Calibur 4 is out then I'm fine.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']ER6 Vegas has this extremely addictive tactical focus that keeps me interested in it.[/quote]

The Tactical aspect that lends itself to how people would do things in real life is what makes it the best. The other thing that makes it the best is you can do T Hunt if you don't want to play multiplayer with all the TOOLS, nubs, and people that play shooters to define their life. No other game has made me want to play it more even though I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis. It instead makes me want to try and beat it even harder.

I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of that which I'd never get out of other games partically COD4 because it's the same damn thing over and over... Do this map, do that map, play the same damn idiots, die, come back... die, spawn in front of the enemy... etc. Gets old...

[quote name='drbutchevil']You mean like the match making, or the party system? Oh wait. No matter how fun this game is, and it is quite fun, it is still a HUGE failure because of the simple fact they did not incorporate any party or matchmaking system into the multiplayer. Its near impossible to find a room where you can invite your 4 buddies and play, and when you do find one, chances are if you are any good at all, you will be banned within 2 rounds if you aren't on the hosts team. Make your own room you say? Heh, good luck actually getting people to join, and stay to play, especially if you have more than 2 friends with you in the room who share the same tag and have even a halfway decent rank, people will leave after every game, until it ends up 6v2, or worse. Yes, the game IS fun, but the fact you have to jump through so many hoops JUST to have a good online game is pretty pathetic to say the least. Fix the fucking primitive multiplayer server selection and this game will knock COD4 down even, till then its simply frustrating.[/quote]

Me and my 4 friend are always playing Mutli and NEVER have a problem getting a game started or joining a game to play in. Why are you complaining about getting all your friends on the same team when starting up your own player match is easy as hell? Within 2-5 minutes of my friend starting up a player match, the game is usually full. A lot of people leave because they get beat rather easily, but those people are replaced quickly.

Just saying that CoD4 is better than Vegas 2 is an insult to Vegas 2. You prefer running around a map and lobbing grenades half way across to get kills over actually needing skill to play a game? CoD4, which I played for 2-3 months, requires very little skill to be good at.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Me and my 4 friend are always playing Mutli and NEVER have a problem getting a game started or joining a game to play in. Why are you complaining about getting all your friends on the same team when starting up your own player match is easy as hell? Within 2-5 minutes of my friend starting up a player match, the game is usually full. A lot of people leave because they get beat rather easily, but those people are replaced quickly.

Just saying that CoD4 is better than Vegas 2 is an insult to Vegas 2. You prefer running around a map and lobbing grenades half way across to get kills over actually needing skill to play a game? CoD4, which I played for 2-3 months, requires very little skill to be good at.[/quote]

I don't want to be a dick but man some of the comments in here. No it isn't that easy to host a game and get people to join. I only have one really good friend on Xbox Live where we frequently play games together. All the other "friends" on my friends list won't join my game because they want me to join their game. So its just me and my friend in a server that I hosted and it never fills up. Never filled up in the first Vegas and it doesn't in Vegas 2. The reason is because servers with the most people usually appear near the top of the list and no one wants to join a server with 2 people in it. The Vegas 2 online infrastructure is complete shit I am sorry.

Yeah Vegas 2 is an expansion pack, which is not a bad thing. But what did make it bad is that they priced it as a full game. There aren't many good improvements in Vegas 2. Some of the improvements are small things like sprint which should of been there in the first place. Other improvements which see themselves as massive innovations like the ACES/leveling system lack creativity and lasting power. It was trying to be like COD4 and it failed. COD4's leveling system is much more intricate and more well thought out. Yeah I mean they even reuse old maps from Vegas 1 and Rainbow Six 3. I wanted Vegas 2 to be better but it isn't.

Oh and COD4 not requiring skill is completely incorrect. It takes a lot of skill to get good at COD4. Maybe the matches you play in result in stupid grenade throwing crap but the only level I see it on is that boat level. And by saying COD4 is all about random grenade throws then you are implying that it doesn't happen in Vegas and it does. Vegas has its fair share of bullshit.

So yeah Vegas 2 is an okay game but it is not as awesome as you claim it to be. So please leave your fanboyish bias out of here.

Whoever said that the guns in COD4 sound like shit and implying that the guns in Vegas 2 sound more real is talking out of his ass. Did you ever notice how many guns sound the same. Yeah next time you are playing Vegas 2 equip an L85A2 and an AK-47 because they sound exactly the same. Oh and here is a question why are there so many real weapons in Vegas 2 but the revolver is called a Raging Bull. I think that is incredibly stupid.

If you read all of that thank you.

[quote name='DarkRider23']
Just saying that CoD4 is better than Vegas 2 is an insult to Vegas 2. You prefer running around a map and lobbing grenades half way across to get kills over actually needing skill to play a game? CoD4, which I played for 2-3 months, requires very little skill to be good at.[/quote]

At no point did I ever say COD4 was better, and in truth I have not once touched my copy since Vegas 2 came out. What I said was the lack of matchmaking, and a party system in Vegas is frustrating and hurts an otherwise pretty good game. Adding one, or both would greatly improve both mine, and the general publics view of the game and probably increase the numbers of people playing to equal that of COD4 and Halo 3.

[quote name='Razzuel']Alright thank you, but that was only one of my points haha. I thought that they would of used a Colt or Smith and Wesson and not some lesser known brazilian revolver but oh well.[/quote]

I know it was only one of yours points, but I just had to point it out.

[quote name='Razzuel']I don't want to be a dick but man some of the comments in here.[/quote]
Too late. Because you make childish dumbass comments, explained later.

[quote name='Razzuel']No it isn't that easy to host a game and get people to join. I only have one really good friend on Xbox Live where we frequently play games together. All the other "friends" on my friends list won't join my game because they want me to join their game. So its just me and my friend in a server that I hosted and it never fills up. Never filled up in the first Vegas and it doesn't in Vegas 2. The reason is because servers with the most people usually appear near the top of the list and no one wants to join a server with 2 people in it. The Vegas 2 online infrastructure is complete shit I am sorry.[/quote]

So because you have no friends, the whole online is shit and should be viewed like that by everyone who plays it? Sorry you don't know people, but I never have a problem finding people to play with.

[quote name='Razzuel'] Yeah Vegas 2 is an expansion pack[/quote]

No it isn't. It is shit like this that makes you a dick and a fool. It is a full game. There are new elelments and it is a lot of fun. Sorry you are so blind, you can't see it.

[quote name='Razzuel']But what did make it bad is that they priced it as a full game.[/quote]

Again, this shit is what makes your gripes seem like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. Lay on the ground, kick and scream. No one cares.

[quote name='Razzuel']There aren't many good improvements in Vegas 2. Some of the improvements are small things like sprint which should of been there in the first place. Other improvements which see themselves as massive innovations like the ACES/leveling system lack creativity and lasting power. It was trying to be like COD4 and it failed. COD4's leveling system is much more intricate and more well thought out. Yeah I mean they even reuse old maps from Vegas 1 and Rainbow Six 3. I wanted Vegas 2 to be better but it isn't.[/quote]

Do you have official documents that say they were trying to be like Call of Duty 4? I actually like this leveling system better. And the improvements aren't little. If you want to play a game like Call of Duty 4, go play that and leave this thread alone with your narrow minded comments and douchebaggery. Yeah RSV2 has its flaws, but you make it seem unplayable. If you like people who randomly throw grenades, that is fine. Enjoy Call of Duty 4.

[quote name='Razzuel'] Oh and COD4 not requiring skill is completely incorrect. It takes a lot of skill to get good at COD4. Maybe the matches you play in result in stupid grenade throwing crap but the only level I see it on is that boat level. And by saying COD4 is all about random grenade throws then you are implying that it doesn't happen in Vegas and it does. Vegas has its fair share of bullshit.[/quote]

You must not play that game that much. I have gotten many 3 kills by just random grenade throwing. It doesn't take skill to win in Call of Duty 4. It takes teamwork. You can't lob a grenade 100 feet in Vegas like you can in Call of Duty.

[quote name='Razzuel'] So yeah Vegas 2 is an okay game but it is not as awesome as you claim it to be. So please leave your fanboyish bias out of here.[/quote]

Hey, dick. You are doing it again. You are spewing opinion as fact and your opinion doesn't matter. Please keep your fanboy bias out of my viewing pleasure.

[quote name='Razzuel'] Whoever said that the guns in COD4 sound like shit and implying that the guns in Vegas 2 sound more real is talking out of his ass. Did you ever notice how many guns sound the same. Yeah next time you are playing Vegas 2 equip an L85A2 and an AK-47 because they sound exactly the same. Oh and here is a question why are there so many real weapons in Vegas 2 but the revolver is called a Raging Bull. I think that is incredibly stupid.[/quote]

You are kidding right? You don't know who Taurus is? You are a joke and a half.

If you read all of that thank you.[/quote]

Oh well, never mind I tried. If I try to respond to that I am going to feed the vicious circle of shitting on each others arguments.

[quote name='Razzuel']Oh well, never mind I tried. If I try to respond to that I am going to feed the vicious circle of shitting on each others arguments.[/quote]

Being a bias fan boy isn't really trying. If you really don't like the game though, why come into the topic and start posting stupid comments? It just makes both you and the person(s) arguing against you sound stupid. Me, included.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Being a bias fan boy isn't really trying. If you really don't like the game though, why come into the topic and start posting stupid comments? It just makes both you and the person(s) arguing against you sound stupid. Me, included.[/quote]

I wasn't being a biased fanboy and I didn't say I didn't like the game. I think the game is a perfectly okay game. Yeah I know both sides are arguing over nothing and it is stupid. So that's why I said never mind.

Hell, even if people randomly throw grenades in RSV2 it's a lot more realistic because you can't throw it all the way across the map...

Enough with the pointless arguments about RSV2 being an expansion pack or whatever...

Any CAGs here want to set up a time to play some Team Deathmatch, T-Hunts, or you know... Achievement boosting? :D

I don't mind, but I just want to reach Elite ASAP to get it over it.

If so, send me a friend request: Blazing xKnight

[quote name='earvcunanan']Enough with the pointless arguments about RSV2 being an expansion pack or whatever...

Any CAGs here want to set up a time to play some Team Deathmatch, T-Hunts, or you know... Achievement boosting? :D

I don't mind, but I just want to reach Elite ASAP to get it over it.

If so, send me a friend request: Blazing xKnight[/quote]

Thanks, because with out this, it wasn't settled.:roll:

If you want to become an Elite quickly, go look for the XP boost glitch. It is single player and is easy to do. You won't get to Elite by cheesemint boosting.

Welp, I'm finally taking a break from R6V2. I've been playing a ridiculous amount of it and loving it. Sure, it's a "MOTS" (copyright 2007 Wombat), but it's a sequel so that's what you expected. The little tweaks are fantastic, the level design is at times genius, and everything that was so much fun about the first one is still here. Brilliant fun.

It's also been awesome playing with fellow CAGs like Kendal, DJ Steel, Bob The Cat, etc. Been great to see a lot of guys I played the first one with from England, Canada, and all over the States.

[quote name='sasukekun']I reached Elite and I cant even play "Player Matches" anymore. Every room I get into I get kicked from... sigh.[/QUOTE]Sweet justice.

[quote name='sasukekun']I reached Elite and I cant even play "Player Matches" anymore. Every room I get into I get kicked from... sigh.[/quote]

sounds like when i tried to join any r6 vegas game and got kicked out everytime cuz i never played before

I played quite a bit of terrorist hunt, multiplayer and single payer this weekend and this game is one big meh. I was surprised that even though it is MOTS the framerate and scripting are worse than the first one. I couldn't even count the number of times an enemy popped in immediately ruined what little immersion the game has. The lag was also worse than I remember it being in RSV1.

I really wish GTA was coming out sooner. I also wish this game didn't even come out because I would have rather kept playing COD4. Now I feel compelled to play this because I bought it and most of my friends are playing it.

i hate this game yet i play it anyways. maybe because one day when the hype settles and losers go away. I will finally find a room i won't get kicked out off for owning with the scorpion.

anybody in the 990/1000 club yet? I just have elite, terrorist hunts, and attack and defends to go. Getting the sniper and pistol achievements were not fun but I left a lot of angry people who got shotguned by a PSG1 in my wake.

theres alot of hate for this game and i don't understand why exactly. its not cod4 because its more realistic and slower... like an anti terrorist unit would be. sure theres pop in of textures but gears of war had the same thing and noone stopped playing because of that.

for my money i love the terrorist hunts and attack and defend. also i found the story and maps to be alot of fun. the ranking system is also really cool in my opinion by leveling up based on specific kill types. if ur on the fence about this game don't believe all the hate. if ur a fan of counter strike or other games that strive to be as realistic as possible than give it a shot.

[quote name='GeneralJenkins']theres alot of hate for this game and i don't understand why exactly. its not cod4 because its more realistic and slower... like an anti terrorist unit would be. sure theres pop in of textures but gears of war had the same thing and noone stopped playing because of that.

for my money i love the terrorist hunts and attack and defend. also i found the story and maps to be alot of fun. the ranking system is also really cool in my opinion by leveling up based on specific kill types. if ur on the fence about this game don't believe all the hate. if ur a fan of counter strike or other games that strive to be as realistic as possible than give it a shot.[/quote]

Realistically I would rate this game a 8.5 while the last game was a 9.0. It is by no means a bad game. The problem is that it is sandwiched between 9.5-10 games (Halo 3, Orange Box, CoD4 and then the expectations for GTA IV) and there are already a TON of 8/8.5ish FPS games for the 360. If my friends had stayed playing CoD4 or GTA was coming out a few weeks sooner I would have waited a few months to play this. Lately I've been getting home too late to play with my friends and have been choosing to play other games (Rock Band, Carcasonne and Spiderman FoF) instead. If you've played through all of the other second tier shooters (namely Prey, Fear, Graw 1 & 2, RSV1, CoD2 and CoD3) and enjoyed RSV1 or have friends you can play with, you will enjoy this game.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']anybody in the 990/1000 club yet? I just have elite, terrorist hunts, and attack and defends to go. Getting the sniper and pistol achievements were not fun but I left a lot of angry people who got shotguned by a PSG1 in my wake.[/quote]

I am in the 970 crowd. If it wasn't for that damn camera achievement then yes I would have 990.

The end of the last level sucked and really showed the flaws in the single player game. Why give me the opportunity to shoot at the main enemy when the damage doesn't register? I shot him ten times in the head and saw the blood splatter and he just ran away. Why would I stand around listening to the main enemy talk instead of just shooting him? After killing the main enemy there was a looooooong pause (over a minute) so I started looking around. Where did all the rubble come from behind me? It just magically appeared there. When I turned back around his body was gone!

I expect that kind of crap from lesser games but it really surprised me to see it in a major franchise. Even without the major glitches I was having Biohock flashbacks and thinking to myself that it couldn't possibly be the end of the game.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']anybody in the 990/1000 club yet? I just have elite, terrorist hunts, and attack and defends to go. Getting the sniper and pistol achievements were not fun but I left a lot of angry people who got shotguned by a PSG1 in my wake.[/quote]

I'm gona be in the 980/1000 club soon, I hope. I'm really close to Elite and only have the attack and defend achievements left...

So the crosshairs disappear when you are running full speed, but are you still accurate? As in, would you still fire to the point where your crosshairs would normally be?

[quote name='primetime']So the crosshairs disappear when you are running full speed, but are you still accurate? As in, would you still fire to the point where your crosshairs would normally be?[/quote]

Your reticule expands while your moving. Instead of the circle having a radius of lets say, .5 inches. It will be 2 inches. Difference in accuracy to show realism.

The end of the last level sucked and really showed the flaws in the single player game. Why give me the opportunity to shoot at the main enemy when the damage doesn't register? I shot him ten times in the head and saw the blood splatter and he just ran away. Why would I stand around listening to the main enemy talk instead of just shooting him? After killing the main enemy there was a looooooong pause (over a minute) so I started looking around. Where did all the rubble come from behind me? It just magically appeared there. When I turned back around his body was gone!

I expect that kind of crap from lesser games but it really surprised me to see it in a major franchise. Even without the major glitches I was having Biohock flashbacks and thinking to myself that it couldn't possibly be the end of the game.

I'm gona be in the 980/1000 club soon, I hope. I'm really close to Elite and only have the attack and defend achievements left...

So the crosshairs disappear when you are running full speed, but are you still accurate? As in, would you still fire to the point where your crosshairs would normally be?

[quote name='primetime']So the crosshairs disappear when you are running full speed, but are you still accurate? As in, would you still fire to the point where your crosshairs would normally be?[/quote]

Your reticule expands while your moving. Instead of the circle having a radius of lets say, .5 inches. It will be 2 inches. Difference in accuracy to show realism.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Your reticule expands while your moving. Instead of the circle having a radius of lets say, .5 inches. It will be 2 inches. Difference in accuracy to show realism.[/quote]

Unless you are playing THunt and are facing a running terrorist with his gun pointed at the ground, he will still shoot you in the face with one shit. ;)

I am going to play this today and all night. If anyone wants to get some games together, lets do it!

how are you guys getting the attack and defends? Are you doing them for real cause I must say its pretty dam hard to find a good match thats legit to do these in, its usually a clan taking on randoms trying to get the achievements.

The other night, Scobie and I bonded. We shed some tears and had a break through. We also found out Smuckers Jars, the family size can fit up butts!

[quote name='Chris Dillon']how are you guys getting the attack and defends? Are you doing them for real cause I must say its pretty dam hard to find a good match thats legit to do these in, its usually a clan taking on randoms trying to get the achievements.[/QUOTE]

Rescuing the hostages (you must do both at once) without boosting is near impossible imho unless It's a 3v3 and your team mates are killing the enemies every chance they get. I boosted this.

Bombing and defusing is a bit more easier to do once you take out the entire team to defuse, and the same while bombing.

I'd say every achivement is possible even if your horrible at this game with the exception of rescuing the hostages. Thanks to the CQB bonuses you'll be a Elite in no time. This game hasn't even been out a month and I play a good 4 hours a day on average, and I'm already 30k away from Elite.

bread's done
Back