Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Chris Dillon']THUNT I hate again due to the spawning issue, I wish they would just spawn them all at the beginning but its great for Aces. A lot of situations in levels to rank up on them real quick. I just started doing it for assualt because i was so far behind on it. I have 15 15 and 11. I love team leader so much though.[/QUOTE]

Just like the first Vegas its a matter of finding that "sweet spot", camping, and hoping they all rush to you in a matter of time. Every time they managed to come to me except 1-2 guys where I had the AI go ahead of me and find them. Pretty easy if you ask me.

I played a ton of Terrorist Hunt. We had a blast. Gooch and Buttdick are now Official Terrorist Hunt lingo. I am going to play "Get Food While Adventuring the Icy Roads". I can't wait.
I hope my White S10 mount doesn't get eaten by the slippery Hoarde!

This supports the Vision Cam facemap feature again right? Is it improved any from last year? And you can use that character in SP?

I might just bite on this for the full price + GC at Target. I had so much fun with the last one, especially online.

I'm loving this game right now....Terrorist hunt is tough, but that is fine for me. I played a little bit of COOP Story mode...that was fun, although my friend said his connection was spotty...mine was smooth. I think its his Internet connection though.

You can use your Vision Cam picture for EVERYTHING. Not sure if it is better....I think I look odd, although, I hate taking pictures with the camera as it is a pain in the ass to do it.

I love this game so much

I played co-op T-Hunt last night great great times.

Also my girlfriend likes this game so thats a huge plus.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This supports the Vision Cam facemap feature again right? Is it improved any from last year? And you can use that character in SP?

I might just bite on this for the full price + GC at Target. I had so much fun with the last one, especially online.[/quote]

Yes, and there is definate improvement from last year...though my face ended up looking a little plastic.

I'm picking this game up whenever Fry's gets it back in stock. They gave me a rain check, so hopefully I can get it next week.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes, and there is definate improvement from last year...though my face ended up looking a little plastic.[/QUOTE]

Same here, it was weird. I have black hair, and it mapped it fine in the char screen I put a ballistics helmet on for a few matches, took it off and my hair turned blue with a blonde patch at the front.

I got through the realistic THunt last night with a few CAGs. It's great how easy it was to get the THunt achievements in this one (by easy I mean figure out what you need to do). It took us about an hour to get it.

Sometime tonight, I need 3 other CAGs for the Realistic THunt Cheesemint. I will pay you in fake money and crappy jokes for the help. I also want to COOP the story sometime soon.

I'm up for co-op through the story mode as I'm tired of these stupid teammates of mine. I literally had to babysit them when they couldn't walk through water and got caught on a gun on the ground so I could move forward in the second act.

In this game, Everyone gets EXP for a kill, even if they didn't do it. A guy could be camping the back of a map, hiding, while the other 3 run around. This ensures that they will respawn(if everyone is dead at once, even with respawns, it's over); also, the camper gets EXP. So it's not that difficult to rankup using THunt. Kind of annoying after a while though.

Is there split screen online-multilayer. I have alot of freinds that come over to play Halo online and we only have one box so I'm wondering if this game has it.

[quote name='Krohboy']Is there split screen online-multilayer. I have alot of freinds that come over to play Halo online and we only have one box so I'm wondering if this game has it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, for Co-op and Terrorist Hunt.

What is that little icon that pops up on the right side of the screen when you re-spawn? It looks like a calculator or remote of some kind...I noticed it on T-Hunt mostly.

[quote name='humidore']What is that little icon that pops up on the right side of the screen when you re-spawn? It looks like a calculator or remote of some kind...I noticed it on T-Hunt mostly.[/QUOTE]

Spawn Shield (Invulnerability) lasts about 5 seconds.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Well, I was feeling good about having the Warrant Officer rank until I noticed a handful of people are already Elites.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Team leader with ownage team mates twenty four hours straight and this seems possible.
Really scary though :\

Today, I knocked out a team leader and half his team in probably 20 seconds. It was nuts. I managed to flank their posse, and take them out with a spray, nullifying all their respawns. The game was over in a bout 60 seconds. If you have a skilled group with a strategy, and keep doing the same map, it's definitly feasible.

I try to avoid playing team leader now because I run into too many clans who absolutely own my team. Even worse are the newbie team leaders who run right into the fray instead of camping.

Team Leader is fun with friends :D

Ranking up is a lot easier than I thought. I'm earning about 400-500xp per game, with each game lasting about 3-5 minutes.

Well, after playing for a couple of days I have got the hang of using cover to get kills in Terrorist Hunt especially on Villa. I had to teach myself to try and not run & gun so much like I do on COD4. The only thing I need to start doing a better job of is sticking my body out from cover for too long a time.

The easiest ways to rank up that I have seen are:

Play Terrorist Hunt offline or online with friends with Realistic set on Villa (Smallest map to utilize for points).
Play Player Matches online that last from Ten to Twenty minutes with no point limit in Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch on a small map like Villa, Murdertown, or Kill House (This works out well if you know what you are doing on Kill House & Villa because most people just spawn camp on these).

[quote name='Logg']I love this game so much

I played co-op T-Hunt last night great great times.

Also my girlfriend likes this game so thats a huge plus.[/QUOTE]
This reminds me of Friday night when my girlfriend wanted to learn how to play but she sucks at shooters. She's more of a RPG turn based strategy kind of gamer.

[quote name='sasukekun']Team Leader is fun with friends :D

Ranking up is a lot easier than I thought. I'm earning about 400-500xp per game, with each game lasting about 3-5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Team Leader is bawlin'[/QUOTE]This.

I

[quote name='lordwow']Yes, for Co-op and Terrorist Hunt.[/quote]

I was meaning more of like online death match if we have 2 accounts.

So, you guys are telling me that in Ranked games I get points for not getting kills? For example, my teammate gets a kill, I get XP even though I didn't help him at all?

[quote name='Chris Dillon']i dont think you get xp for not getting kills unless its thunt. You get a bonus if you win though.[/QUOTE]

Correct, Ranked matches you get whatever XP you get from your own kills and a bonus if you win.

I'm at 75k XP right now. I've met a lot of Elites already... Those people play way too much. I played this game quite a bit, but being Elite already is crazy.

Anyone have any trouble hosting matches? They fill up so slow. It's actually annoying. Me and my friends host because we are 3 people and can never find that perfect match to join in and invite each other.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm at 75k XP right now. I've met a lot of Elites already... Those people play way too much. I played this game quite a bit, but being Elite already is crazy.

Anyone have any trouble hosting matches? They fill up so slow. It's actually annoying. Me and my friends host because we are 3 people and can never find that perfect match to join in and invite each other.[/quote]

I found out today that playing Team Leader, Conquest, or AnD, no one joins, but you start a TDM or regular DM and people joined fast. Had a TQ going with friends that was like 6/14 or 8/14 for awhile, most left, so it was down to 3/14, i switched it to DM just to mess with other 2 buddies left in the game, and the room was full within 1 round, sat at 12-14 for the next 2 hours till I finally ended it due to having to leave.

Sorry about declining invites I recieved Sunday night. I've been wanting to play with CAGs for a while now but I just got all the invites while I was playing with my brother to finish up the Hard difficulty.

I feel bad for the guy, for some odd reason his profile got reset back to before Private. Then, after we took a break on the second to last level, he turned his system on again only to have it reset again! Seems he's not the only one though, as a lot other people seem to be having the same thing happening to them. Even some of the people who made it to Elite rank.

I'm finally stuck on a part on realistic on the SP Campaign, inside the theater:

The part with the bomb. I have my team silently take down the guy on the catwalk, then rappel down (I've tried both the top and the bottom level). I can usually get my guys up on to the stage, but them we always seem to get swarmed by the guys who rappel down/run from out of the back of the stage.

Also, no one has mentioned it, but the achievements are much more reasonable this time. But I'm ready to throw my controller out the window trying to get the 3 ranked matchs in a row. I always seem to get stuck on a god awful team the 3rd time.

[quote name='lordwow'] But I'm ready to throw my controller out the window trying to get the 3 ranked matchs in a row. I always seem to get stuck on a god awful team the 3rd time.[/quote]

I found it easiest to try to get 3 victories in a row in Team Leader. The matches are usually over in a minute or two. Regardless, it's all just the luck of getting on a team where the leader doesn't suicide rush into the fray at the start.

[quote name='lordwow']
Also, no one has mentioned it, but the achievements are much more reasonable this time. But I'm ready to throw my controller out the window trying to get the 3 ranked matchs in a row. I always seem to get stuck on a god awful team the 3rd time.[/quote]

Try not to think about it while you're playing. You will get it eventually.

Those achievements are easy if you round up a good team and do Team Leader on CQB. Usually the randoms on the other team will do something stupid like try and rush the extraction point or kill their own leader so as long as your guy climbs the ladder, stays back and calls out positions you should be golden.

Still think the achievements stink though.

I just got my game today (PS3 version from buy.com) in a small rectangular carboard box that had no packing materials whatsoever, but it still came in good condition.

After hearing everybody bitch about this game I have to say that it is more fun than I expected and I can see myself playing this game a lot even once GTA IV is released. It is definitely rushed though like others have stated, but at least it is fun and that is all that matters, right?

I'm playing through the campaign right now on realistic and it gets really frustrating when some sniper pops out of no where and head shots me with one try. I kind of miss the real Vegas atmosphere from the first though.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I just got my game today (PS3 version from buy.com) in a small rectangular carboard box that had no packing materials whatsoever, but it still came in good condition.

After hearing everybody bitch about this game I have to say that it is more fun than I expected and I can see myself playing this game a lot even once GTA IV is released. It is definitely rushed though like others have stated, but at least it is fun and that is all that matters, right?

I'm playing through the campaign right now on realistic and it gets really frustrating when some sniper pops out of no where and head shots me with one try. I kind of miss the real Vegas atmosphere from the first though.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry too much, it's kinda like the original, you end up back in Vegas proper.

The snipers are annoying, but there's only about 5 that I've run into so far that have headshotted me (always with the SV-98). You get used to it.

[quote name='VipFREAK']The Frame rate drop is killing me... absolutely killing me. Also, I haven't even bothered with online.[/QUOTE]

Ya, there's definitely a lot of that. How they didn't go up to a solid 60 FPS is beyond me. That's what kills this game going from COD4 to it.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, there's definitely a lot of that. How they didn't go up to a solid 60 FPS is beyond me. That's what kills this game going from COD4 to it.[/quote]

That sounds like it might be a reason why people will eventually go back to COD 4. I haven't played RS:V2 yet, but when I do I hope it's not too much of a shocker.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']As much as I wanna play this game with you guys, I can't help but think none of you will even care about this game in a month.[/quote]

I have been playing CoD 4 since near release until now. I actually like this better. I will play this with you. If you have the original, I will play that with you.

I still will and have played RSV2 over COD4 every time. When COD4 came out I didn't even play it that much and playing online with all the TOOLS and nOObs doesn't make it desireable. That's why T hunt make the RSV series better.

[quote name='Kendal']I have been playing CoD 4 since near release until now. I actually like this better. I will play this with you. If you have the original, I will play that with you.[/QUOTE]

I'll add you for COD4. I just have a feeling that when the map pack releases next week, people will go back to COD4. Then when GTA4 hits, people will forget about both games.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I'll add you for COD4. I just have a feeling that when the map pack releases next week, people will go back to COD4. Then when GTA4 hits, people will forget about both games.[/QUOTE]

I hate GTA4, so I'll be playing CoD4/Vegas2.

BTW, you're still dead to me. ;)

bread's done
Back