Rare Replay $26 via Amazon with Prime

I called and complained about the payment update and had my order canceled, and money not charged, for which I received a confirmation number.

Today I got an email that it was shipped, with tracking number that says it comes in tomorrow.

I got a free game. They literally have no clue what they're doing over there.
They really don't that's why I no longer make big purchases with MS Store anymore, but this was a decent deal for a $30 game. They tried to do me the same way when they were running some Xbone deal and gift cards a while back. I bought a console with madden code and a separate copy of madden and they couldn't understand that I was supposed to get two gift cards as per their own promotion.

Kind of a pain in the ass explaining to them and they still had no clue. I hope this GC shows up without a hitch. I hate talking to those people.

They really don't that's why I no longer make big purchases with MS Store anymore, but this was a decent deal for a $30 game. They tried to do me the same way when they were running some Xbone deal and gift cards a while back. I bought a console with madden code and a separate copy of madden and they couldn't understand that I was supposed to get two gift cards as per their own promotion.

Kind of a pain in the ass explaining to them and they still had no clue. I hope this GC shows up without a hitch. I hate talking to those people.
I just asked them about the $10 credit for The Old Blood and they told me i would receive it 10 days after the game is shipped. I told them it had been 14 and they said contact xbox support. why would i talk to xbox support? isnt that a microsoft store promotion? i cancelled my order of adrift, its not worth it to have to call to get the offer every damn time.

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and got a shipping conformation yesterday, it said 6-10 days for delivery...I was under the inpression this was release day shipping? I would have just gone digital if I had known I was going to have to wait a week!

Edit: checked the tracking and looks like I'll get it later today, I'm very happy about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get a shipping confirmation email until yesterday, figured I'd get it late, tracking wasn't even working on it. Checked again this morning and looks like it should be here by the time I get off work, very nice.

Got shipping confirmation email. 3-7 days UPS. Now to see if I get the points as well when I get Augusts awards email.

So, as one of the few people who just ordered on Amazon....did anyone get the $26 price on an existing pre-order?  I have been a Prime member for 7 years now, and my game shipped apparently at full cost.  I ordered it a few weeks ago, so I know it dropped afterwards but I didn't get the lower price.  Has anyone contacted Amazon or knows if they refund the difference at some point today?

I ordered about 3 weeks ago and got a shipping conformation yesterday, it said 6-10 days for delivery...I was under the inpression this was release day shipping? I would have just gone digital if I had known I was going to have to wait a week!

Edit: checked the tracking and looks like I'll get it later today, I'm very happy about that!
I ordered mine yesterday online. The shipping said it would be 3-7 business days, and then I got the email this morning that it's out for delivery. That was a pleasant surprise.

Now just have to figure out what to play first lol. I'm thinking some nostalgic Banjo Kazooie. What about u guys?

I ordered mine yesterday online. The shipping said it would be 3-7 business days, and then I got the email this morning that it's out for delivery. That was a pleasant surprise.
Now just have to figure out what to play first lol. I'm thinking some nostalgic Banjo Kazooie. What about u guys?
Honestly I have no idea what to play first...and im ok with having that problem :)

I give up. Tried 4 different payment methods (all with plenty of room/money on the account) - all "fail authorization". None of my banks/CC companies have any record of an authorization attempt. I have 1 payment attempt left according to the MS site. I'm just going to buy it at Best Buy instead - even if I can get the MS order to go through, I have no faith in ever receiving  the 15,000 Xbox reward points anyway.

in rc pro am you no longer spell nintendo, kinda weird they are changing these games
guessing that could be quite the copyright lawsuit to have "nintendo" on an xbox one title (i understand its a port of an older NES Classic so my only guess is it has to be a legal issue).

So, as one of the few people who just ordered on Amazon....did anyone get the $26 price on an existing pre-order? I have been a Prime member for 7 years now, and my game shipped apparently at full cost. I ordered it a few weeks ago, so I know it dropped afterwards but I didn't get the lower price. Has anyone contacted Amazon or knows if they refund the difference at some point today?
usually takes a few days youll get an email notifying you of the difference credited back. if you dont get it by end of the week contact them.

So, I canceled all my Microsoft preorders and reordered them with the cereal code last week, I decided not to preorder Rare Replay again though. Just got a package from UPS a few minutes ago. Guess what it was? Rare Replay  :whistle2:k

I give up. Tried 4 different payment methods (all with plenty of room/money on the account) - all "fail authorization". None of my banks/CC companies have any record of an authorization attempt. I have 1 payment attempt left according to the MS site. I'm just going to buy it at Best Buy instead - even if I can get the MS order to go through, I have no faith in ever receiving the 15,000 Xbox reward points anyway.
I tried two credit cards and neither of them worked. Bank said they failed cause the vendor couldn't verify the address which is nonsense. Only way I have ever got an order to go through was using paypal

No bad fur day for you ... At least in the real world. Mine was delivered via UPS Next Day. No signature required.
Depends on the area. Up until a few months ago they wouldnt leave anything without having a signature. I hope that doesnt change today ahaha.

Have we started calling Gamestop to ask if they have Battletoads yet?

czRZI.gif

I called and complained about the payment update and had my order canceled, and money not charged, for which I received a confirmation number.

Today I got an email that it was shipped, with tracking number that says it comes in tomorrow.

I got a free game. They literally have no clue what they're doing over there.
You should still check your CC/bank statement. Digital River is notorious for "cancelling" orders and still shipping them and charging people.

So, I canceled all my Microsoft preorders and reordered them with the cereal code last week, I decided not to preorder Rare Replay again though. Just got a package from UPS a few minutes ago. Guess what it was? Rare Replay :whistle2:k
Man, don't be surprised if they charged you and then also ship your cancelled orders that you re-ordered.

I finally got my copy today! W00t w00t!  :D/

Waiting for installations, & updates. YEAAAAAAAH!

I do feel bad for those who wanted this game, but had issues with their orders. That's unacceptable. I don't blame people who won't order from the MS Store again. My order could of easily gotten canceled.

For those who have it, have fun. Especially if it's your first Rare game.

I would of love to see a DKC games, or DKR on here, just to see the reaction of the Nintendo fanboys/girls. Would never ever happen, but I would get a huge kick out of it.

Both my copies of RR and also a copy of Thief were delivered today, time to go home and swim in small packages! :)

Well, after all the installs and going through all the games, I realize I don't care for any of the games outside of the NES era. Which I already own and can play on a CRT, oh well, guess I'll sell the disc then.

How do you back out to the main menu? Stuck in RC Pro Am. I know I can shut down and relaunch but there has to be a proper way.

Edit: Nm, it's hold start

Ms store is ridiculous. Show up at mall at 7:00. Have 50 minutes to eat an go to movie at 7:50. I thought it w out take 5 to 10 minutes to pick up my pre order and then I could grab a quick bite.

It took 40 minutes!

I just made the movie. About to start. Inside Out

I'm hungry :(

Ms store is ridiculous. Show up at mall at 7:00. Have 50 minutes to eat an go to movie at 7:50. I thought it w out take 5 to 10 minutes to pick up my pre order and then I could grab a quick bite.

It took 40 minutes!

I guess you could say...... they had you trapped.....

It took 40 minutes!

Man up and bring outside food in. They never say shit to me.

Everyone is getting their copies meanwhile it's nearly 9pm and I'm beginning to realize UPS isn't showing up. Tracking last listed it was in North Jersey at 1am and it hasn't updated since then..

Everyone is getting their copies meanwhile it's nearly 9pm and I'm beginning to realize UPS isn't showing up. Tracking last listed it was in North Jersey at 1am and it hasn't updated since then..
C'mon man say 'class action lawsuit' or 'bait and switch'. Nobody has done it yet. It's disappointing.

Ugh. Sorry to hear, that blows dude. Hopefully the UPS guy is just super late.

If its any consolation... I haven't even played yet... 2 hours and i'm still trying to get everything installed. Bah humbug.

am i the only one that has to update the console every time i turn on the xbox one? i guess i need to start playing it more than once a month

My update said 6.5GB but I was told even with a disc copy you have to download 38GB...is that true?
The 6.5GB or more is just the non-xbox360 games that are on the disc... the 360 games download separately from XBL (38 gb worth)

Got home after taking my family to dinner and the Y, and my Rare Replay was waiting for me. I haven't been using my Xbox 1 much for games, and I think the last disc based game I put in there was Project Spark a few months back (or maybe I rented Battlefield Hard-line from Redbox more recently, not sure), but it gets used daily for watching TV, and every few weeks or so we'll rent a DVD or Blu-ray. I put the disc in, and nothing happened, the tile still read "Insert Disc". I tried about half a dozen times, but it just wouldn't recognize it. I found a video of someone saying if it doesn't read the disc to push down on it as you are inserting, but that didn't work either. I had to go down to the garage to get another disc to test, fearing that the drive had gone bad. I put in Ryse, and it recognized it immediately. After breathing a sigh of relief, I tried Rare Replay again, and it is installing now. Has this happened to anyone else (not necessarily with Rare Replay)? Is my drive going bad? It is a Day One system, if that makes a difference.

bread's done
Back