Rather than Love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness.. give me the OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Temporaryscars']What are the chances of a Walmart selling out of GTA4?[/quote]

slim to none. if they sell out of the 360 version, just get it for the PS3. ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']slim to none. if they sell out of the 360 version, just get it for the PS3. ;)[/quote]

Ha, why, so I have something to look at?

I've never seen Wal-mart sell out of a game. If they run out of copies, one of the clerks pulls another box from the back.

I'm sorta tempted to pick up the PS3 version tomorrow while my 360 CE comes from Amazon, but I think I'll be able to hold off.

Ok, here's the deal. One of these things are going to happen:

A) I drive all the way to Wal-Mart, get there, they're not selling it at midnight.

B) They do have it, I buy it, something gets fucked up with my yourfree360games order and I miss the return window.

Wonder which one it'll be.

I like how everyone blames Ted Mcginley for single handedly destroying every TV show he's ever been in.

0000005908_20060920000044.jpg

Come on folks, 3 questions left. Need help especially with 5 & 6.

Will give goodies out to you guys that help. I could make cookies like Chika.
Antidote will be extra.

#4 what are the similarities and differences between women and blacks as social minorities?

Answer: Some similarities between women and Blacks were recognized long before the recent protest against inequality. Both groups are thought to fight against the system: women allegedly try to outwit men by feminine wiles, as historically Blacks allegedly outwitted whites by pretending to be deferential or respectful. We didn’t find any differences among bl acks and women except for gender and/or skin color if applicable. They have also been considered emotional irresponsible, weak, and inferior. Neither women nor African Americans are accepting a subordinate role in society any longer. As Nallely and I discussed, we believe that instead of sticking together because together we would be politically and socially stronger we push each other apart. According to the Advocates of Black Nationalism, the existence of feminist groups among blacks simply divided the Black community and thereby serves the dominant white society.

#5. What is the "second shift" ? What does research show about the division of labor between men and women in housework and childcare.

Answer: The word second shift refers to work outside the home followed by childcare and house work that many women faced and that few men share equitably. This term was found by sociologist Arlie Hochschid. Hochschid reports that wives and not their husbands plan domestic schedules and play dates for children while driving home from the office and then begin their second shift Also Hochschid found that married couples were getting hurt psychologically and so were their careers and their marriages. The females she talked to were being overtired and emotionally drained by the demands of their multiple roles. They were much more intensely turn by the conflicting demands of work outside the home and family life than were their husbands. There is an economic cost to this second shift households do benefit from the free labor of women, but women pay what has been called the mommy tax the lower salaries women receive over their lifetime because they have children. Mothers earn less than men and other women over their lifetime because of having children causes them to lose job experience, trade off higher wages for following the mommy track and be discriminated against by employers. Estimate range from 5-13 percent of lifetime wages the first child alone. Having two children lower earning 10 to 19 percent.

#6. Describe the legacy of colonialism in South Africa. How does this legacy relate to the apartheid system?

Answer: The permanent settlement of South Africa by Europeans began in 1652 when the Dutch East India established a colony in Cape Town. To fill the need for laborers, the Dutch imported slaves from areas of Africa farther north. Sexual relations between Dutch men and slaves and Hottentots women were quite common giving rise to a Mulatto group referred to today as Cape Coloureds. Then the British acquired part of South Africa in 1814. They freed the slaves by 1834 and had given Blacks almost all political and civil rights. The Boers were not happy with these developments and spend most of the nineteenth century in a violent struggle with the growing number of English Colonists. In 1902 the British finally overwhelmed the Boers leaving memories on both sides. The growing non-white population consisted of the Coloureds, or mixed population and the Blacks tribal groups called Bantus, pass laws were introduced placing curfews on the Bantus and limiting their geographic movement. These laws enforced through reference books until 1986 were intended to prevent urban area from becoming overcrowded with job seeking Black Africans a familiar occurrence in colonial Africa. Apartheid is basically the policy of the South Africa government intended to maintain separation of Blacks Coloueds and Asians from the dominant whites. This relates to the legacy of colonialism because it dealed with the multiracial population. And the whites were the one’s that came up with this policy and called t apartheid. The English and Afrikaners belonged to different political parties, lived apart, spoke different languages, and worshipped separately but shared the belief that some form of apartheid was necessary. Black could not vote, they were unable to hold jobs unless the government approved. They were forced to live in temporary quarters at great distances from their real homes. They were severely limited in education health care and social services.

[quote name='joe2187']I like how everyone blames Ted Mcginley for single handedly destroying every TV show he's ever been in.

0000005908_20060920000044.jpg
[/quote]

Jefferson >>>>>> Steve

Without him joining that show it wouldn't have gotten as good as it did.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Jefferson >>>>>> Steve

Without him joining that show it wouldn't have gotten as good as it did.[/quote]

^This

That stupid Seven kid killed the show

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Now you're just being mean.[/quote]

Only because everyone knows that's how you like it, Banky.

[quote name='mr ryles']Damn living on the west coast it's like being in the past. Have 3 1/2 more hours till I can get some GTA action on[/quote]

At least you dont have to stay up til midnight just to watch the end of a sporting event

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Come on folks, 3 questions left. Need help especially with 5 & 6.

Will give goodies out to you guys that help. I could make cookies like Chika.
Antidote will be extra.

#4 what are the similarities and differences between women and blacks as social minorities?

Answer: Some similarities between women and Blacks were recognized long before the recent protest against inequality. Both groups are thought to fight against the system: women allegedly try to outwit men by feminine wiles, as historically Blacks allegedly outwitted whites by pretending to be deferential or respectful. We didn’t find any differences among bl acks and women except for gender and/or skin color if applicable. They have also been considered emotional irresponsible, weak, and inferior. Neither women nor African Americans are accepting a subordinate role in society any longer. As Nallely and I discussed, we believe that instead of sticking together because together we would be politically and socially stronger we push each other apart. According to the Advocates of Black Nationalism, the existence of feminist groups among blacks simply divided the Black community and thereby serves the dominant white society.

#5. What is the "second shift" ? What does research show about the division of labor between men and women in housework and childcare.

Answer: The word second shift refers to work outside the home followed by childcare and house work that many women faced and that few men share equitably. This term was found by sociologist Arlie Hochschid. Hochschid reports that wives and not their husbands plan domestic schedules and play dates for children while driving home from the office and then begin their second shift Also Hochschid found that married couples were getting hurt psychologically and so were their careers and their marriages. The females she talked to were being overtired and emotionally drained by the demands of their multiple roles. They were much more intensely turn by the conflicting demands of work outside the home and family life than were their husbands. There is an economic cost to this second shift households do benefit from the free labor of women, but women pay what has been called the mommy tax the lower salaries women receive over their lifetime because they have children. Mothers earn less than men and other women over their lifetime because of having children causes them to lose job experience, trade off higher wages for following the mommy track and be discriminated against by employers. Estimate range from 5-13 percent of lifetime wages the first child alone. Having two children lower earning 10 to 19 percent.

#6. Describe the legacy of colonialism in South Africa. How does this legacy relate to the apartheid system?

Answer: The permanent settlement of South Africa by Europeans began in 1652 when the Dutch East India established a colony in Cape Town. To fill the need for laborers, the Dutch imported slaves from areas of Africa farther north. Sexual relations between Dutch men and slaves and Hottentots women were quite common giving rise to a Mulatto group referred to today as Cape Coloureds. Then the British acquired part of South Africa in 1814. They freed the slaves by 1834 and had given Blacks almost all political and civil rights. The Boers were not happy with these developments and spend most of the nineteenth century in a violent struggle with the growing number of English Colonists. In 1902 the British finally overwhelmed the Boers leaving memories on both sides. The growing non-white population consisted of the Coloureds, or mixed population and the Blacks tribal groups called Bantus, pass laws were introduced placing curfews on the Bantus and limiting their geographic movement. These laws enforced through reference books until 1986 were intended to prevent urban area from becoming overcrowded with job seeking Black Africans a familiar occurrence in colonial Africa. Apartheid is basically the policy of the South Africa government intended to maintain separation of Blacks Coloueds and Asians from the dominant whites. This relates to the legacy of colonialism because it dealed with the multiracial population. And the whites were the one’s that came up with this policy and called t apartheid. The English and Afrikaners belonged to different political parties, lived apart, spoke different languages, and worshipped separately but shared the belief that some form of apartheid was necessary. Black could not vote, they were unable to hold jobs unless the government approved. They were forced to live in temporary quarters at great distances from their real homes. They were severely limited in education health care and social services.
[/QUOTE]

Check your PMs in about 5-10 minutes.

[quote name='dallow']:whee: :whee: :whee:[/quote]

I already paid my shit off dallow. Getting that Triple version too. Won't play much until next week though.

20 minutes until GTA.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I already paid my shit off dallow. Getting that Triple version too. Won't play much until next week though.

20 minutes until GTA.[/QUOTE]

What Triple version?

GTA?

[quote name='JSweeney']Only because everyone knows that's how you like it, Banky.[/QUOTE]
:shock:
[quote name='joe2187']4 hours till GTA

:mad:[/QUOTE]
Platinum hits 'til GTA for me.

:whistle2:|

[quote name='homeland']9 minutes until xbl crashes!!! can you guess whose not in line for the midnight release?[/QUOTE]

the online hasn't even piqued my interest yet, I'm amped over the single player right now

Triplets born, the throne awaits.
A singer warns of a deadly fate.
"Give up your children, separate.
Bide your time, lie in wait!"

Sonic Underground, Sonic Underground

They made a vow, their mother will be found.

The children grow to learn what's right.
Leaders of the freedom fight.
They seek their mother, she knows they do.
Is it time, if she only knew,
Will the prophecy come true?

"I long for my children, but I have to wait.
To act too soon may seal their fate."

They made a vow, their mother will be found.
Sonic Underground!

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Damn did stummerbs go offline?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, took a little longer than anticipated. Hope it helps.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I already paid my shit off dallow. Getting that Triple version too. Won't play much until next week though.

20 minutes until GTA.[/quote]
You're shitting me, you got the PS3 version?

I need a week for single player before I really start into the multi anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back