Rayman Origins $19.99 with Free Shipping at Toys R Us

hqn101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jimmienoman']Go in store say TRU has it for $20 and if there is one within a 25 mile radius of the store and the TRU has stock BBY has to PM it as it is within their policy. If they don't contact BBY forum mods and/or BBY phone[/QUOTE]

I never understand why people don't just go to the store that's selling it (TRU in this case), instead of going to Best Buy and being a pain in the ass...

[quote name='DDustiNN']I never understand why people don't just go to the store that's selling it (TRU in this case), instead of going to Best Buy and being a pain in the ass...[/QUOTE]

One obvious reason would be because they have store credit in BB and not in TRU...

[quote name='DDustiNN']I never understand why people don't just go to the store that's selling it (TRU in this case), instead of going to Best Buy and being a pain in the ass...[/QUOTE]

Rewardzone, Gift Cards, etc.

Plus for me personally, closest Best Buy is like 5 minutes away, closest TRU is like 20 minutes (Excluding traffic).

Either way, i might try PMing this later tonight or tommorow (Damn rain/snow), already printed out the page, and the BB here usually doesnt have problems PMing TRU

This was one of those probably buys if it hit a certain price. Plus i had coupons/gift cards. I thought I was going to be able to use my 5$ off coupon that I earned from their cash back rewards during the holiday. Turns out they exclude video games. So I used my google gift card thing i picked up a few weeks ago which made the game 11.xx with tax. Thanks OP!

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']One obvious reason would be because they have store credit in BB and not in TRU...[/QUOTE]

Makes sense, and that's fine, but they should at least say that.

Usually you just see posts that simply say "Woohoo! Going to BB to PM!" which kind of makes them look like an annoying customer.

Or may be I'm just bitter because I've never been able to get Best Buy to do it for me. I've tried going there after TRU sold out of something, and they called to verify the price, but wouldn't match it since they were sold out. Jerks.

Did you PM at the customer service line? Or actually at the cash registers.

Seems like 9/10 times when i try to PM at the Cash Registers, its usually just a Yes or a No. (Never had them turn down a TRU PM before). Though whenever i try to PM at the Game Department or Customer Service, they always look it up on the computer or call the store.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Makes sense, and that's fine, but they should at least say that.

Usually you just see posts that simply say "Woohoo! Going to BB to PM!" which kind of makes them look like an annoying customer.

Or may be I'm just bitter because I've never been able to get Best Buy to do it for me. I've tried going there after TRU sold out of something, and they called to verify the price, but wouldn't match it since they were sold out. Jerks.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well most people don't go through the trouble of explaining their entire situation, so it's understandable. And that's tough bro. I'm relatively new to the deals scene, so I've never had a chance to go to BB with a PM intention, but if I ever do and they pull something like that on me, I might be as bitter. :/

OK, I have a decision to make and any advice would be appreciated:

I bought this used during GS's last B2G1 sale for $26.99 (in pretty stellar condition, I might add) along with two other $26.99 used games, paying entirely in GS credit. Would I be able to return that copy or exchange it for a cheaper/same-price used game even though the B2G1 is over? Should I even consider this option? If not, I'll just keep my copy, but if it's possible, maybe I should jump on this...

[quote name='DDustiNN']Makes sense, and that's fine, but they should at least say that.

Or may be I'm just bitter because I've never been able to get Best Buy to do it for me. I've tried going there after TRU sold out of something, and they called to verify the price, but wouldn't match it since they were sold out. Jerks.[/QUOTE]

The price match policy clearly reads the item has to be in stock, they are jerks for following their own policy?

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, I have a decision to make and any advice would be appreciated:

I bought this used during GS's last B2G1 sale for $26.99 (in pretty stellar condition, I might add) along with two other $26.99 used games, paying entirely in GS credit. Would I be able to return that copy or exchange it for a cheaper/same-price used game even though the B2G1 is over? Should I even consider this option? If not, I'll just keep my copy, but if it's possible, maybe I should jump on this...[/QUOTE]

You can do an exchange unless it was the free game. Then you are out of luck since B2G1 is over

[quote name='boogie4114']According to the signage in the store, the sale for this game is valid until 1/28 for those worried about when it ends.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice then ^_^, i'll just wait till tommorow then. I dont feel like getting in a car accident over a 20$ game lol

I bit. It's been a while since I've played a platformer, and even longer since I've played a 2d platformer. With all the good reviews, and the price, I don't regret buying it.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']You can do an exchange unless it was the free game. Then you are out of luck since B2G1 is over[/QUOTE]Ugh, it was the free game...I was hoping that since all three games were $26.99, I could just exchange it for another game at the same price or lower. Am I out of luck?

It is a small relief that this "sale price" is good until 1/28, though. Hopefully Amazon will PM before too long.

This reminds me of the Christmas Beyond Good & Evil came out and then by Jan it was $10 at Circuit City. It was that sale that lead me here in the first place.

Amazing game gets dumped out in the wrong time frame, sells poor, gets massive price drop. Kinda expected it from Ubisoft.

Thought about this one for a few hours. My backlog is infinite, but I'll never cry about spending $20 on this one, even after the inevitable future price drop. In for 1

Part of me is slightly bummed that I just received my copy from Amazon at $30 and haven't even opened it yet, but another part doesn't care because I think the team that made this game should get more than just $20 per copy.

Successful PM at Best Buy! Got the last copy on the shelf. :D

[quote name='Krate']Thank you, OP!!! This is perfect timing! :bouncy:

I was planning to get this at Best Buy today while pricematching the $30 Gamestop/Amazon price, but this saves me 10 bucks! Hopefully BB lets me get this for $20 so I can use my $15 gift card. If not, TRU is next door. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Has there been any solid confirmation that this is definitely going on until the 28th/is able to be procured in store? I've seen conflicting reports as I have gone through this thread.

There are no TRUs or BBs close to me, but I will be around a TRU sometime next week and figured I could just stop in and pick it up rather than ordering now and having to wait for shipping. But mostly I just want to play Rayman, so anyone have a recommended course of action?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Rewardzone, Gift Cards, etc.

Plus for me personally, closest Best Buy is like 5 minutes away, closest TRU is like 20 minutes (Excluding traffic).

Either way, i might try PMing this later tonight or tommorow (Damn rain/snow), already printed out the page, and the BB here usually doesnt have problems PMing TRU[/QUOTE]

Glad all my stores are less than 2 minutes away from each other so I can never become that pain in the ass customer.....or.....have to drive through rain and snow much.

[quote name='pdjones']Part of me is slightly bummed that I just received my copy from Amazon at $30 and haven't even opened it yet, but another part doesn't care because I think the team that made this game should get more than just $20 per copy.[/QUOTE]
How would you know that if you haven't EVEN OPENED IT YET?

Not sure if it makes a difference to people, but Best Buy trade in values are $19 PS3 and $12 XBOX 360. Plus with the 50% bonus going on right now, that's huge. Chances of the values holding aren't great but this is a game that can be 100% achieved in a short amount of time even without rushing through it. Wife and I 100% the game in about 5-6 sessions, most likely a total of 20 hours or so.

Lock in that PS3 price on the website and get a $2 rental.

So if I PM'ed at Best Buy (using Gamestop) do I have to return and rebuy at the $19.99 level or can I PM again? Its been a while since I have had to double dip a PM

Bought even though I shouldn't have. I'm a bit broke and I don't need anymore games.
But I do want to support this game in some way ( though I'm too cheap to actually support the game by buying it for $60)

Besides the HD, is what are the differences between the PS3 and Wii versions? My little brother has a Wii and I might want to pass this on to him after I beat it. However, if the PS3 has any advantages then I'll get that version and keep it :)

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Thnx OP snagged a copy, was going to wait on a GS B2G1 but this is way better. Now if only Deus Ex & Dead Island would follow suit.[/QUOTE]
Did the math & actually spent $2 more than buying used using a GameStop ($26.99) B2G1 sale, but the hassle free experience is priceless,

[quote name='azngtlman']Not sure if it makes a difference to people, but Best Buy trade in values are $19 PS3 and $12 XBOX 360. Plus with the 50% bonus going on right now, that's huge. Chances of the values holding aren't great but this is a game that can be 100% achieved in a short amount of time even without rushing through it. Wife and I 100% the game in about 5-6 sessions, most likely a total of 20 hours or so.

Lock in that PS3 price on the website and get a $2 rental.[/QUOTE]

The TIV is actually $17 for the PS3 because I just traded 3 of them. For some reason the value on the gaming app is correct compared to the regular online site. But at the end of all this I basically got a free copy of the Wii version for my gf.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Thnx OP snagged a copy, was going to wait on a GS B2G1 but this is way better. Now if only Deus Ex & Dead Island would follow suit.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex was 20 bucks last month @ newegg. I am waiting on Dead Island to drop also.

[quote name='boogie4114']The TIV is actually $17 for the PS3 because I just traded 3 of them. For some reason the value on the gaming app is correct compared to the regular online site. But at the end of all this I basically got a free copy of the Wii version for my gf.[/QUOTE]
It's usually the other way around. Thanks for the info.

Price Matching at my Best has become increasingly harder to do. They won't let me pricematch unless it is in a print ad. How are you guys getting it?

Finally something to use my TRU giftcard on. Went to TRU today and picked up the last copy, ended up paying $2 out of pocket.

bread's done
Back