Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition for Xbox 360 - $56.57 (price drop)

[quote name='groundskeeper']I imported the LE UK edition. The game play is pretty much standard SRPG fair. I have only played a few hours and the story still seems a bit serious compared to what I have read about it.[/QUOTE]
Would you compare it to something like Disgaea, FFT, or Vandal Hearts?

[quote name='ninja dog']I guess these companies have finally dropped all the pretense of "deep stories" with american anime fans.[/QUOTE]

It's "deep" where it counts.

I'm waiting for GS to "get it up" for pre-orders. A lot of CAGs have store credit to burn.

Also, I see Idea Factory's logo on the box. They had something to do with the game? Uh-oh...

The reason this is PSN only is because Sony requires a game to have an English language track to be put on disc, and this has subtitles only.

Lol, 360 wins on this one. I'm gettin' it!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']The reason this is PSN only is because Sony requires a game to have an English language track to be put on disc, and this has subtitles only[/quote]Nah. Yakuza 3 is retail and subs only.

Hrm.

On one hand I want to pre-order this game so maybe one day we'll see some H games on the 360.

On the other hand Its an SPRG and I hardly ever play those.

[quote name='rgon86']Would you compare it to something like Disgaea, FFT, or Vandal Hearts?[/QUOTE]

No as deep as Disgaea, never played Vandal Hearts. (I know...booo)

I'd say more like FFT but would not be liked as much. Has a weird link system based on where the characters are in relation to each other and which way they are facing. Sometimes the links end up best when you are facing away from an enemy. Allies can be dragged closer to the action by using this link system. Again I have not played it a ton but that is what I noticed so far.

[quote name='mxpowar']Does anyone know if there's any extra game content in the 360 version, for those of us that imported or are going to download the PSN version?[/QUOTE]The NA version of this game for PS3 and 360 are the same as the Japanese 360 version which had extra content.

The PS3 UK and JPN edition have slightly less content.
Just some extra scenarios and creepy pictures.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']LIES! It has an English Dub.[/QUOTE]
Nope, subs only just like part 2. That's confirmed by Sega Europe.
Sega USA intern made a mistake that caused the recent rumor.

[quote name='dallow']The PS3 UK and JPN edition have slightly less content.
Just some extra scenarios and creepy pictures.

[/QUOTE]

bah the NA version has less creepy pictures? :bomb:

[quote name='voidedx']Is there going to be a regular edition released? Only the limited edition is on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but there will be a PSN Version.

I guess it shouldn't be too bad for PSN users.

With gamesharing (you can find a group on CAG), you can divide the cost by 5. So if it's a $60 download, it's $12 per person, which is decent.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']You are forgetting the pillow case. I mean... Yeah! Too much for that!!![/QUOTE]

There's a pillow case?

EDIT: Oh, now I see it. I thought it was a poster.

That's actually a really good deal for a CE. Standard price with lots of extras.

I have no idea what the game's about and I would have considered it if there was a PS3 but... oh well.

So is the general consensus that the game is actually pretty decent-good? I won't lie, the extras are funny and worth the regular price of admission, if this is your thing...but I want a functioning, fun and working game as well.

[quote name='Vinny']That's actually a really good deal for a CE. Standard price with lots of extras.[/QUOTE]

True. I guess they will roll this out like BlazBlue where the standard edition is also $60 and the early purchasers have the luxury of getting the limited edition for the same price.

I pass on most CEs, but this one is caked with novelty. I need to wrestle myself away from it and just settle for when I can get the regular edition for $20.

Same goes for BlazBlue, but of course I'm still waiting on that.

[quote name='glemtvapen']Is the PS3 getting screwed over again? Or they plan to release an LE for it eventually?[/QUOTE]

It looks like the PS3 is just getting the PSN version. For whatever reason, they are not able to have a physical copy for the NA PS3.

[quote name='gunm']It's "deep" where it counts.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I'm waiting for GS to "get it up" for pre-orders. A lot of CAGs have store credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm gonna have to "splurge" and buy this one.

Actually for the record my wife said this can't enter my house. I shouldn't have laughed so hard when I read the articles because she looked to see what was going on. if I had bought it and she saw it it would have been different (meaning too late).

I'm gonna hold out a bit to see if anything happens with a PS3 version

otherwise buy the LE and then sell the game off separate and then use that money to buy it off PSN :p

edit: I don't see why they couldn't do a retail LE for the PS3 version and just include a code to get the game off PSN

not like it hasn't been done before (MvC2 PS3)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WormFOODx']I guess I'm gonna have to "splurge" and buy this one.

Actually for the record my wife said this can't enter my house. I shouldn't have laughed so hard when I read the articles because she looked to see what was going on. if I had bought it and she saw it it would have been different (meaning too late).[/QUOTE]

:lol: GF asked me to get toilet paper from the store, and I asked if I could get Agarest CE which is an SRPG with a pillow case and a "mouse pad". And she was like, sure, you can get whatever you want, just bring back toilet paper (with disclaimer that I can't actually get what I want, but I can get whatever Agarest is).

So I got home and showed her. She vows that she'll check what it is before saying yes from now on.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Kinda makes you wonder what Aksys might do for DeathSmiles, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

I believe they're including the DLC on the disc. They might add a soundtrack, but I'm thinking that's going to be the extent of it.

[quote name='elessar123']:lol: GF asked me to get toilet paper from the store, and I asked if I could get Agarest CE which is an SRPG with a pillow case and a "mouse pad". And she was like, sure, you can get whatever you want, just bring back toilet paper (with disclaimer that I can't actually get what I want, but I can get whatever Agarest is).

So I got home and showed her. She vows that she'll check what it is before saying yes from now on.[/QUOTE]

LOL! At least that's a yes for the game! My gf would question my gaming habits if she caught me with all the stuff the CE comes with. I'm thinking about biting... only if there is a SE, I don't need a mousepad or pillowcase. I wonder how much that would cost.

Do you guys see this becoming expensive like the Demon's Souls LE, or cheap like the Fable II LE?

I don't wanna spend $60 unless I absolutely have to.

This is a personal opinion, but this game was horrifically terrible when I tried it out (Japanese one). I don't know if they changed it for the localization but I personally don't recommend this game. And I do like Japanese Simulation games, SRPG or not.

My guess is that it'll maintain value for a good while and not go much in either way, like many RPG special editions.

Plus, do you REALLY want a used pillow case with a suggestive image on it?

[quote name='elessar123']Plus, do you REALLY want a used pillow case with a suggestive image on it?[/QUOTE]

it's okay as long as you have a black light on you

[quote name='fart_bubble']it's okay as long as you have a black light on you[/QUOTE]

Yes, but then you've already bought it... and possibly touched it... ew....

Preordered!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Do you guys see this becoming expensive like the Demon's Souls LE, or cheap like the Fable II LE?

I don't wanna spend $60 unless I absolutely have to.[/QUOTE]

Neither. I think it will be more along the lines of the BlazBlue LE.

I can't picture very many games hitting Demon's Souls DE price...

I certainly hope that Aksys puts some cool stuff with Death Smiles though. :D

bread's done
Back