Record of Agarest War Naughty Edition for Xbox 360 - $56.57 (price drop)

[quote name='glemtvapen']I guess one positive thing for the PS3 is that you can share it with five other people, effectively buying it for maybe about $10+[/QUOTE]

Nope, Sony changed that to 3 people. :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Do you guys see this becoming expensive like the Demon's Souls LE, or cheap like the Fable II LE?

I don't wanna spend $60 unless I absolutely have to.[/QUOTE]At one point Fable II LE was going for over $100 brand new but for some odd reason it got reprinted. Anyway Arksys published games haven't become rare in the past. I think they pretty much just keep printing the game if there is a demand.

ROFL

Man no offense but your significant others are too touchy lol.

I showed my wife and we both laughed our butts off at this.

She told me to get it if I want.

I will problably get it if it is a good game and not just a skin game as I guess I am gettin' old but unless its the real deal, anime 'skin' is meh.

*Maybe its just that she knows me too well after 10 years of marriage so she figures I'll problably pass anyway LOL (unless the game itself is good)

[quote name='OTSU147']Pretty Gay![/QUOTE]

:lol::lol:

WTF?

A game showing off half naked chicks? (albeit anime so I understand if thats not your bag)

But how is a game about half naked chicks gay?

Agarest is... not a great game by any stretch of the imagination. It's not as broken as some of idea Factory's other releases but it is essentially Generation of Chaos, which... was unplayable by my standards.

A T rating and the promise that it's censored as shit compared to actual PC ero-games, I mean... whatever. On PSN you could essentially split the cost 5 ways, but there's no way I'd throw out $60 for this, as big a fan of JRPGs as I am.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Agarest is... not a great game by any stretch of the imagination. It's not as broken as some of idea Factory's other releases but it is essentially Generation of Chaos, which... was unplayable by my standards.

A T rating and the promise that it's censored as shit compared to actual PC ero-games, I mean... whatever. On PSN you could essentially split the cost 5 ways, but there's no way I'd throw out $60 for this, as big a fan of JRPGs as I am.[/QUOTE]

But there on squishy boobies................ ON THE MOUSEPAD!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

:roll:

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Agarest is... not a great game by any stretch of the imagination. It's not as broken as some of idea Factory's other releases but it is essentially Generation of Chaos, which... was unplayable by my standards.

A T rating and the promise that it's censored as shit compared to actual PC ero-games, I mean... whatever. On PSN you could essentially split the cost 5 ways, but there's no way I'd throw out $60 for this, as big a fan of JRPGs as I am.[/QUOTE]
If the game did feature full on sex and nudity like PC eros games, then I wouldn't even consider buying it.

At best, the game is a novelty, and like you, I wouldn't spend anywhere near $60 for it.

Thank God this is rated T- how else am I going to explain to my parents (whose credit cards I use to order off the internet) that this isn't expensive, high-quality hentai? :p

Actually... I'm debating this right now. The only JSRPG I've really tried was the Disgaea series (which I absolutely LOVE), and it's made in part by Aksys (I LOVE Blazblue and Guilty Gear), so I don't see any reason NOT to give this a shot, especially with all the free extras. :D

For those wondering, though, I'd say Aksys is going to do what they did with Blazblue with this. They'll have the LE available for all pre-orders, and have it on shelves for a month or two after, and then they'll send out the Regular Editions for the exact same price mark. You might as well get the LE and get all the free stuff for... Well, free, even if you don't want it. You can surely sell it for something. :]

EDIT: Also, what's so bad about Idea Factory? It seems like it has a really bad reputation or something... I've never even heard of it.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thank God this is rated T- how else am I going to explain to my parents (whose credit cards I use to order off the internet) that this isn't expensive, high-quality hentai? :p

Actually... I'm debating this right now. The only JSRPG I've really tried was the Disgaea series (which I absolutely LOVE), and it's made in part by Aksys (I LOVE Blazblue and Guilty Gear), so I don't see any reason NOT to give this a shot, especially with all the free extras. :D

For those wondering, though, I'd say Aksys is going to do what they did with Blazblue with this. They'll have the LE available for all pre-orders, and have it on shelves for a month or two after, and then they'll send out the Regular Editions for the exact same price mark. You might as well get the LE and get all the free stuff for... Well, free, even if you don't want it. You can surely sell it for something. :]

EDIT: Also, what's so bad about Idea Factory? It seems like it has a really bad reputation or something... I've never even heard of it.[/QUOTE]
Aksys didnt make the game, they only localize it. Compile Heart actually made it. They also made Cross Edge which isnt that good.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Thank God this is rated T- how else am I going to explain to my parents (whose credit cards I use to order off the internet) that this isn't expensive, high-quality hentai? :p

EDIT: Also, what's so bad about Idea Factory? It seems like it has a really bad reputation or something... I've never even heard of it.[/QUOTE]

I enjoy JSRPG's as well, but this looks like an extremely generic JSRPG. And $60 really? This should be $49.99 at most with the LE things. The gameplay trailers I viewed just make it look boring. It's so zoomed out it looks like there is no detail.

Man, my friend bought the Japan version on release and I wasn't interested enough to borrow the disc. I bought the EU Collector's Edition (artbook FTW!) and I can't possibly say no to the naughty edition!. I like the pixelation... For me, it is about the fun and the tease and not the actual nudity.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']

Idea Factory games tend to require more thought than "MASH A MANY TIMES" which is why people don't like them.

I usually like aksys games but i cant justify buying a limited edition with a cover art like that. if the game is good i just buy the regular edition of the game.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Kinda makes you wonder what Aksys might do for DeathSmiles, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]
Gothic lolita cosplay tips video included in the LE?

[quote name='youngavatar']I usually like aksys games but i cant justify buying a limited edition with a cover art like that. if the game is good i just buy the regular edition of the game.[/QUOTE]
Nowhere to hide it? :lol:

Awesome! I was trying to find one of those boob mousepads for my gf around Christmas, but I didn't want to drop $20 or so for one. (Mostly as a joke...she thinks they look fun.)

Now, I can get one...and a game I know nothing about!

Definitely gonna order this.

EDIT:

Wait. Just saw this. It's like Generation of Chaos? Crap! I picked that thing up for $2.50 on clearance from Best Buy, and HATED it! :bomb:

Maybe I'll sit this one out, and see how *limited* it actually is.

[quote name='Rig']Awesome! I was trying to find one of those boob mousepads for my gf around Christmas, but I didn't want to drop $20 or so for one. (Mostly as a joke...she thinks they look fun.)

Now, I can get one...and a game I know nothing about!

Definitely gonna order this.

EDIT:

Wait. Just saw this. It's like Generation of Chaos? Crap! I picked that thing up for $2.50 on clearance from Best Buy, and HATED it! :bomb:

Maybe I'll sit this one out, and see how *limited* it actually is.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the perfect pickup for YourFree360Games.com to me. Did BlazBlue contain the LE when it was listed on that site?

[quote name='dallow']Screwed over PS3 owners.
What to do. What to do.[/QUOTE]
"
Buy an XBOX 360 Elite, silly. Unfortunately, the best way to enjoy any and every game available is to own all systems. Until there's one console to rule them all this is the way it is for now.

"

[quote name='GuardianE']Sounds like the perfect pickup for YourFree360Games.com to me. Did BlazBlue contain the LE when it was listed on that site?[/QUOTE]

You know...you are absolutely correct. I've been keeping some credits stockpiled, and there's nothing else I want to spend them on. I just ordered Bioshock 2 from them, so I'm set.

And yes, they did the LE for BlazBlue...'cause I got it from them.

If you're into the eroge factor of it and not looking for something "hentai," there are much better choices out there for PC. Likewise, if you want a boobpad you could easily get one of an anime chick from some well known series (that you probably like more) instead of a random chick from a game most people (including yourself) probably have never heard of. Same with the dakimakura.

And yeah, don't get confused by it just because Aksys slapped their name on it. They do good LE packages, but this game wasn't developed by them so... YMMV. iF made Generation of Chaos which made it stateside on PSP (horrible load times, fucking baaaaaaaaaad interface, and imo terrible game mechanics that didn't make for a good SRPG) and also Spectral Souls for the 360. That game was playable but really, really lacking of any soul. Generic anime fodder. The systems they have in their RPGs tend to be overcomplex for no good reason, it's more about juggling through an absurd number of menus and such rather than playing a game...

Just my 2 cents.

Idea Factory does more or less suck but I have hope. This game sounds ambitious. I'll be keeping my eye open for a Famitsu score.

Eh, after reading fellow CAGs feed backs, the only thing worthy of noting is the pillow case? Anyway, it's $60, even with PSN's sharing, $12 is still a lot for this game, no?

[quote name='Serpentor']Eh, after reading fellow CAGs feed backs, the only thing worthy of noting is the pillow case? Anyway, it's $60, even with PSN's sharing, $12 is still a lot for this game, no?[/QUOTE]

Supporting Arksys and Idea Factory = priceless ?

lol, I'm definitely pick this up just because its such a 'WTF' product, plus the game itself looks pretty cool. And who doesn't want a booby mouse pad?

[quote name='freshzen']Idea Factory does more or less suck but I have hope. This game sounds ambitious. I'll be keeping my eye open for a Famitsu score.[/QUOTE]

This game's been out in Japan for more than 2 years. Granted we're getting Agarest Senki Zero which is the original game with a bunch of stuff added in but... Famitsu score for the original: 24 (6/7/6/5)

Aksys warrants support. Idea Factory though... really? Are there ANY iF fans here? They definitely don't have the cult following of someone like Atlus or even NIS mostly because they half-ass all their releases... People care enough to support them by buying their games??

I look at the LE contents and can't help but think that this is one of those LEs that's going to be worth $100+ as soon as it disappears from stores.

Oh well, still don't want it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
Aksys warrants support. Idea Factory though... really? Are there ANY iF fans here? They definitely don't have the cult following of someone like Atlus or even NIS mostly because they half-ass all their releases... People care enough to support them by buying their games??[/QUOTE]

For the discerning RPG fan, Idea Factory is a great company. Their games are too confusing for most, but if you play games using your brain instead of muscle memory, you can find a lot to enjoy from them.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']For the discerning RPG fan, Idea Factory is a great company. Their games are too confusing for most, but if you play games using your brain instead of muscle memory, you can find a lot to enjoy from them.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, that sounds pretty much impossible to do. I doubt there would be enough blood in my head to use my brain. :(

[quote name='Jodou']You know it's a slow day at CAG when this is the most popular thread. . .[/QUOTE]
Hey man, how often does a REALLY NAUGHTY Edition of a Japanese game come to the West that doesn't involve importing or torrenting?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']For the discerning RPG fan, Idea Factory is a great company. Their games are too confusing for most, but if you play games using your brain instead of muscle memory, you can find a lot to enjoy from them.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether the systems they have in their games, it is bad game design if the thing plays like a abstract math problem. I'm not aware of any SRPG that you can play with muscle memory and not using some sort of tactics... some games are just more enjoyable than others though. iF is niche, and definitely not even for everyone who love JSRPGs. Try their other games out beforehand to see if you'll like Agarest imo... save boning yourself 60 bucks.

Also, pretty much every single one of their releases lacks any sort of gripping story/plot/characters. Agarest is a bit different because it's part dating sim, but I'm not sure if it's very fleshed out or not.

Releases the same day as Super Street Fighter IV, and I think I'll end up seeing more skin from the girls of SF than fake censorship and cheese promise in this trailer. The tacked-on extras are probably because this game isn't worth $60 on its own.

Then again, this game will probably be so scarce and sell badly it will only get 1-2 runs so I might preorder just for resale value. I'm already starting to regret not ordering the Mass Effect 2 LE when I had the chance.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Me too. Does the 360 have any SRPG games worth playing?[/QUOTE]

I think this might be the only SRPG on the Xbox 360... (I can't think of any others off the top of my head)
...I just looked it up, apparently Defense Grid is on Xbox Live. I don't know if it's worth getting, but it got a nice review on IGN. http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/102/1020613p1.html (I guess I'll check it out since I have a bunch of space Xbox Live Space Bucks)

[quote name='KillerRamen']I think this might be the only SRPG on the Xbox 360... (I can't think of any others off the top of my head)
...I just looked it up, apparently Defense Grid is on Xbox Live. I don't know if it's worth getting, but it got a nice review on IGN. http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/102/1020613p1.html (I guess I'll check it out since I have a bunch of space Xbox Live Space Bucks)[/QUOTE]

Spectral Force 3 is on the 360. That's not great, but it's still an SRPG.

I'll pick this up as a curiosity thanks to all the junk they're putting in the box. The most favorable impressions I've read about the game compare it to Disgaea 3. I also read it's better than Cross Edge (not saying much I suppose), but overall it seems like a vanilla SRPG with a couple of twists that probably look better on paper than they come out in actual execution.

As for other SRPGs on 360, IIRC there's Spectral Whatever-it's-Called...

No non-limited edition release? =(

There's a few srpg's on 360. Vandal Hearts, Spectral Force 3, Operation Darkness.. Enchanted Arms and The Last Remnant sort of.

bread's done
Back