Red Dead Redemption- Out Now

[quote name='Fjordson']It's up! I was only able to see it using the in-game marketplace from RDR's main menu.

It's 1.53 GB.

There's also an "Undead Nightmare Collection" for 1600 points, which is Undead Nightmare plus all the previous add-ons. That one is 1.67 GB.[/QUOTE]So if you're like me and you haven't gotten any DLC then this is a $10 savings right? The CAG in me is conflicted, buy on a deal or wait for the rest to get cheaper?

[quote name='jdawgg76']So if you're like me and you haven't gotten any DLC then this is a $10 savings right? The CAG in me is conflicted, buy on a deal or wait for the rest to get cheaper?[/QUOTE]

Unless you love the multiplayer, skip the rest of the DLC imo.

I only got Undead Nightmare, I don't have the interest in RDR multiplayer to spend $10 on it.

In for the Undead Nightmare collection. I can't pass up all the add ons, which also pushes me over the edge for the 2400 point promotion this month. Awesome.

Yeah, I think I'm getting the Undead Nightmare Collection just to get the bang for my buck. I wanted to get the other packs but just couldn't justify 2400 points just for add-ons towards one game. 1600 just feels right.

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah, I think I'm getting the Undead Nightmare Collection just to get the bang for my buck. I wanted to get the other packs but just couldn't justify 2400 points just for add-ons towards one game. 1600 just feels right.[/QUOTE]

Same, I ended up getting the Collection which put me over the edge for the promotion so I will be getting 800 back :D

I have to spend 240 points to qualify for the promotion. Any ideas? I don't really want to buy a 240 point avatar item just to reach the quota, but I might have to. haha

Edit: If anyone wants to play the DLC any time today, let me know.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You could spend more than 240pts and get something else ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, well I have 640 points right now and I like to keep some "on hand" in case I see something I like in between paychecks.

What an awesome expansion. The amount of effort that Rockstar puts into every little detail is astounding.

I'm not far in, but has anyone gotten any achievements? I've played DLC in the past where it took a few days for Microsoft to fix achievements for it. Hopefully that isn't the case here.

[quote name='Fjordson']What an awesome expansion. The amount of effort that Rockstar puts into every little detail is astounding.

I'm not far in, but has anyone gotten any achievements? I've played DLC in the past where it took a few days for Microsoft to fix achievements for it. Hopefully that isn't the case here.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten two so far.

My friend, knowing I won't be playing this until Thursday or Friday due to basketball, called me to tell me how much fun he was having with the co-op. He just about agreed with the "better than nazi-zombies" consensus.

[quote name='HydroX']I have to spend 240 points to qualify for the promotion. Any ideas? I don't really want to buy a 240 point avatar item just to reach the quota, but I might have to. haha

Edit: If anyone wants to play the DLC any time today, let me know.[/QUOTE]Hope you haven't gotten any avatar items to put you over 2400 yet. They don't count!!!

The goddamn cougars have gotten even worse in Undead Nightmare. I got stuck in Tall Trees battling ~10 zombies when they were suddenly joined by 3 undead cougars! I managed to kill off 2 cougars only to have 2 more join the fray immediately!

Found an annoying glitch within 5 minutes of playtime. Indian zombie grabbed me and it forces me inside a shop. The zombies were outside trying to attack me, but I was stuck inside this empty storefront. I couldn't get out and they couldn't get in. I had to quit the game...

Absolutely loving the single-player so far. Really awesome when you get a big horde of undead attacking you.

Anyone found any of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse yet? I had the "A mythological creature is in the area!" message when I was clearing out the Pacific Union camp, but the dot on my map went away pretty quickly. I really want one of those horses!

DLing the whole collection now. Hyped to check out the sp, but the horde type mode sounds fun and now I'll be up to speed on all the mp content so if anybody needs someone for a posse just send an invite.

[quote name='rapsodist']The goddamn cougars have gotten even worse in Undead Nightmare. I managed to kill off 2 cougars only to have 2 more join the fray immediately![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have that problem when I go to the bar on a Thursday night sometimes...I need another wingman.

hee hee...hopefully I'll have time to try out some RDR:UN this weekend.

Hmm, if I get the undead collection, I could look at the other multiplayer DLC as 400 points a piece. I don't really play that much multiplayer though... sounds like general consensus that the undead single player is amazing! Awesome!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hmm, if I get the undead collection, I could look at the other multiplayer DLC as 400 points a piece. I don't really play that much multiplayer though... sounds like general consensus that the undead single player is amazing! Awesome![/QUOTE]

Same here but I figured my 800 points back would be the other packs so I grabbed the collection. Pays to hold off on dlc.

[quote name='Fjordson']Absolutely loving the single-player so far. Really awesome when you get a big horde of undead attacking you.

Anyone found any of the Four Horses of the Apocalypse yet? I had the "A mythological creature is in the area!" message when I was clearing out the Pacific Union camp, but the dot on my map went away pretty quickly. I really want one of those horses![/QUOTE]
Yea I found and broke the flaming horse.. don't know his name.. but the bitch is bad.. hot embers fly off of him and flames as you ride haha I'll take a screen shot

SP is pretty fun so far, but it's a lot of the same shit over and over again already. Protect this town, go to this town, protect this one too, etc.
The Bonnie stuff was neat, but short-lived. Here's hoping they expand on it a little bit.

Just downloaded last night before bed...I didn't think it would be 1.5+GB :shock:...anywho, can't wait to try it out, great to hear everyone's loving it. Also like I said before, I hope that R* makes a full on spinoff Zombie RDR game.

I swear I don't have enough time in the day now.. I just got Fallout New Vegas on release date... Killzone 3 Beta the other day, and now Undead haha

Oh and since then I just found the dead horse (rotted away body)

Where do you go to do the land grab mode? It's part of the DLC but it's not a separate listing like poker, dice, zombie, etc.

Also anyone made it past wave 16 yet on the MP zombie mode? I was in a group of 4 Ragtag CAG's that got to wave 16 once (on our 5th game) then wave 15 the next time when we swapped one of the players out for someone who had just finished downloading it.

This DLC is amazing, wish I had an extra 800 points so I could have gotten the others, but ah well, I got those 800 for free anyway.

UN is incredible, and the Undead Overrun mode is loads of fun.

so im about 25% complete now. does get a tad repetitive especially when the town you saved becomes taken over again...and again. it feels really satisfying watching zombies heads blow off with a sick head shot. looked like my wish came true with the squatch as well and
i felt bad at the end of the squatch hunting mission. poor hairy man/beast
i just got the "war" horse (the fire one) and its bad ass. i would have had 2 but as i was lassoing another one he fell into some water and vanished. i really liked the opening narration and cut scenes, i was laughing when they were running around in there pajamas. so far though im really enjoying the story they added in here. its cool watching the survivors freak out wondering what the hell is going on. im still curious to see how this ends though seeing as this is suppose to take place right before the end of the single player game and it kind of doesnt make sense if thats the case because
at the begining of undead you have to blow off uncles head....and he dies by being shot to death by the army in the SP so im kind of confused if this is suppose to work hand in hand with the SP

[quote name='sublime90']so im about 25% complete now. does get a tad repetitive especially when the town you saved becomes taken over again...and again. it feels really satisfying watching zombies heads blow off with a sick head shot. looked like my wish came true with the squatch as well and
i felt bad at the end of the squatch hunting mission. poor hairy man/beast
i just got the "war" horse (the fire one) and its bad ass. i would have had 2 but as i was lassoing another one he fell into some water and vanished. i really liked the opening narration and cut scenes, i was laughing when they were running around in there pajamas. so far though im really enjoying the story they added in here. its cool watching the survivors freak out wondering what the hell is going on. im still curious to see how this ends though seeing as this is suppose to take place right before the end of the single player game and it kind of doesnt make sense if thats the case because
at the begining of undead you have to blow off uncles head....and he dies by being shot to death by the army in the SP so im kind of confused if this is suppose to work hand in hand with the SP
[/QUOTE]

I didn't finish the game, but I'm thinking.....
it's called Undead Nightmare for a reason.

I love all the cameos in the game. I just got done pretty much talking to Seth, haha funny part. I need to find me a horse of the apocalypse so I can control it. Sheesh, it was hard enough having my horse run off when I dismounted it. Unbelievably the undead horse stays where I want him to stay when I dismount!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Where do you go to do the land grab mode? It's part of the DLC but it's not a separate listing like poker, dice, zombie, etc.

Also anyone made it past wave 16 yet on the MP zombie mode? I was in a group of 4 Ragtag CAG's that got to wave 16 once (on our 5th game) then wave 15 the next time when we swapped one of the players out for someone who had just finished downloading it.[/QUOTE]

Land Grabs are in free roam towns. You just walk up to it and hit Y and it starts a timer. Its based on who holds it the longest I think. I made it to 23 before the other 2 guys quit out. Nothing really happens after 15's achievement.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I love all the cameos in the game. I just got done pretty much talking to Seth, haha funny part. I need to find me a horse of the apocalypse so I can control it. Sheesh, it was hard enough having my horse run off when I dismounted it. Unbelievably the undead horse stays where I want him to stay when I dismount![/QUOTE]

I found pestilence as I was riding to Manzanita Post area after finishing the initial Blackwater stuff. You'll know when one is near.

There is one town that needs saving on the edge of the map in Mexico that I just can't reach. Its up high on a plateau or something. I was up on a cliff on my horse, got off in an attempt to jump up to the ledge, and warped literally back two towns 0_0. Weirdest glitch. I've hit about 60% game completion and gotten War and Famine.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']There is one town that needs saving on the edge of the map in Mexico that I just can't reach. Its up high on a plateau or something. I was up on a cliff on my horse, got off in an attempt to jump up to the ledge, and warped literally back two towns 0_0. Weirdest glitch. I've hit about 60% game completion and gotten War and Famine.[/QUOTE]
That's probably Torquemada. Keep heading north on the map and there'll be a path where you can wind up there that ascends to the town.

Used to confuse me too.

I just reached Mexico through the missions. Trying not to take it too fast, doing a lot of the side stuff. Expansion just keeps getting better and better. Still only found one of the Four Horses, though. Hopefully I'll run into more in Mexico.

Does anyone know what is necessary to achieve 100% in the DLC?

Anyway, I'm about 3.5 hours in and 35% complete. What great value.

I wasn't interested in the previous DLC but I've been seeing commercials for Undead Nightmare and I'm kind of disappointed I sold my copy so soon, definitely sparked my interest in the game, glad to hear it's a quality pack.

[quote name='hustletron']I wasn't interested in the previous DLC but I've been seeing commercials for Undead Nightmare and I'm kind of disappointed I sold my copy so soon, definitely sparked my interest in the game, glad to hear it's a quality pack.[/QUOTE]

you can always buy the standalone RDR:UN disc when it comes out.

I have 50% done and I have 12 hours.

Might sound insane to some of you. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll take you 24 hours to beat it, but that just goes to show how amazing of a value this is to me. it's damn amazing to just admire the scenery and it feels great to explore Tall Trees with the Torch at night.

Half of that time has been just admiring the scenery.

cool, when a game let's you just freeroam and enjoy the scenery you got more than you bargained for. I used to do that in NWN2. Building a campfire was cool back in the day.

I just picked up UN, if anyone wants to add me for whatever RDR havoc needs doin'. I'm up for co-op, free roam or what not, especially so with double XP. Oh, and the new UN survival mode.

GT: Rhett819

Question for the quest with the movie guy. Not really a spoiler, but whatever...
So you need to hogtie a wretcher? I'm confused because I went to Tumbleweed remembering that there were a lot of wretchers in the graveyard. I killed all of the zombies but one wretcher. I lassoed and hogtied him, then it told me the graveyard was complete. I then went to pick him up and he exploded. Maybe it was because it was in a graveyard? Any tips on where to find a wretcher just roaming around?

Does anyone know what happens if town becomes overrun? I would go save Blackwater, but I'm all the way down in Mexico and can't get out.

bread's done
Back