Reduced Price Game Guides: Thread Seven and a Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, this kinda sucks. I was at a Gamestop out of my area today(while I was up in Syracuse area for work)and I checked the guide shelf. Although, it looked like they already pulled all of the guides listed in the thread, so I didn't miss much. Though, I will say that I'm still trying to figure out where in the Shoppingtown Mall the friggin FYE is, since I haven't found it on MULTIPLE trips up there.

[quote name='shiningslade']Ooh donut is sneaky! Snuck that Dawn of Mana in the second listing![/quote]

OOOoooo no I'm not! I just didn't know about it till I went to pick them up.....:bouncy:

[quote name='Rocko']I saw a Minish Cap guide in okay condition for $10 at Target yesterday.[/quote]That's an odd guide to find in a Target. Must have been one of those guides hidden behind boxes in the werehouse or something.

I found mine at CC last year. One for me, one for ebay while the value was ridiculously inflated. Don't be angry at me for not trading with y'all, the money was too impossible to resist.

In other news, we're at 1500+ posts. I'm ready to make a new thread, but I need someone who will volunteer for posts 2 (latest drops) and 3 (needs confirmation or possible upcoming drops or other related news). I'd like one of the wiki editors, but if anyone other regular would like to contribute this way on a regular basis, either mention it in here or PM me.

[quote name='danh920']thanks,

used SAVER and got it shipped for a penny!!![/quote]
Thanks, you just saved me $3! :applause:

Maybe this will get me to actually play a game I spent $40 for on launch day...

[quote name='sp00ge']damn, Gears is already OOS. That's the one I really wanted.[/quote]

It still shows it in stock for me and I was able to checkout all the way to the last page before I hit confirm just now too.

Could probably order an extra and ship it to you from here or from Gamestop or whatever if you get back to me before it shows out of sale for me.

[quote name='depward']I love Warhawk and although I don't necessarily need this... for $.01 shipped?! I'm in! :D[/quote]

It's gonna be a cold winter. If anything, you can start a fireplace with it. :D

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Official Strategy Guide and Binder20
$0.20

Subtotal : $0.20
Tax : $0.01
Handling : $0.00
Grand Total : $0.21

Shipping Method : USA Value

Before accused of hoarding, I don't plan to keep more than 3 myself (For the binders, TCG game player here.) Planning on passing em out to people at the college who play the cardgame and/or MMO. I figure the guide itself is outdated to all hell, binders the only good part. (Seriously, who buys MMO guides?)

Thanks OP, I went ahead and ordered only 1 of each, along with the cheap $30 logitech wireless PS3 controller (been wanting to pick that up for a while anyways) hoping for my order to make it through...

Never been able to get in on Penny Guides before....always when i tried at a B&M store I had epic Phailure

Nice deal. Just got one of each if I decide to actually get any of those games (actually, PGR4 is pretty likely with the PC ones if I get a capable PC).

I placed my order with the value shipping but I put in a PO box as the address when I think you're supposed to use the other option. Do you think I'll get the guides?

I ordered three, relative to games I would actually play : PGR4, Gears, & Warhawk.

Now to get that PS3 system....................

can't get SAVER to work somehow - lowest shipping applicable is $ 2.99 for me. Can you guys help out pls. ?

: Nevermind - won't reflect until final page - got the warhawk guide for $ .001 grand total. GREAT FIND - thanks op.

[quote name='danh920']just select the $2.99 shipping and it will be credited in the next screen

now for the cancelations...[/quote]

I know, I hope this really goes through. Even though it's a couple crummy strategy guides, this would still be THE deal on the century. Thanks OP

[quote name='BostonGeorge']I know, I hope this really goes through. Even though it's a couple crummy strategy guides, this would still be THE deal on the century. Thanks OP[/quote]

Lol. Guides are pennied out all the time.

[quote name='bassec']Lol. Guides are pennied out all the time.[/quote]

I know that but having these guides shipped to your house for FREE without even having to get up off of your ass...all for three cents!!! It's awesome.

I suppose. :)

How has EB been in the past about shipping out pennied guides? Are the order cancelled or do they usually just ship em out. I put in two orders, hoping if one is caught by the radar, the other will slip through.

Cool, got one. I am sure they will ship them. They pennied them out to make room for more important stock, so I am sure they will gladly pay the shipping costs to get them out the door since space is more valuable.

The fact they got rid of the item pages so quickly makes me question if it was a mistake (even though Gamestop does penny out guides). Usually when an item goes OOS, the page just goes to backorder, they don't get rid of the page

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Cool, got one. I am sure they will ship them. They pennied them out to make room for more important stock, so I am sure they will gladly pay the shipping costs to get them out the door since space is more valuable.[/QUOTE]
Or, you know, they could just throw them away and not pay anything....

IMO they should ship em with a card saying "Merry Xmas CAG bastards." I'm sure GameStop doesn't wanna pay the shipping on all of these, but I may shop there again if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back