Reduced Price Guides-Discussion Thread

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, I refuse to get Paypal due to the potential for having to add 'add xyz amount for fees' or have any of my $$$ taken due to said fees.

Otherwise, I probably would do that too, except I'm also too much of a cheapass and don't yet even have a printer, even though I've seen cheap stand alone ones for UNDER $30 recently ALL OVER THE PLACE.[/quote]

Ah, but I do that from my Personal (presently surcharge-free) Paypal account. I just ask traders to confirm they're doing a balance transfer/eCheck before payment and I get the full payment. I think the limit of transactions in one month under a personal account is $500 for withdrawls, but at that point I'd be careful because that may be construed as a business...

That, or I just use a link to print Paypal postage free of charge. When you log into Paypal, just paste the folowing link into your address bar or login from the link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

It's saved me a ton in DC costs to hook-up CAGs & others with guide trades.

[quote name='Caliburn']Ah, but I do that from my Personal (presently surcharge-free) Paypal account. I just ask traders to confirm they're doing a balance transfer/eCheck before payment and I get the full payment. I think the limit of transactions in one month under a personal account is $500 for withdrawls, but at that point I'd be careful because that may be construed as a business...

That, or I just use a link to print Paypal postage free of charge. When you log into Paypal, just paste the folowing link into your address bar or login from the link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

It's saved me a ton in DC costs to hook-up CAGs & others with guide trades.[/quote]

I opened two PP accounts (one personal (NO fees from another funded PP account) and one premium - fees galore! account.
$500 in or out each month...

I really should open another personal account for using on the forums. I'm doing some ebaying and had to upgrade. It's a real pain having those fees.

It seems I'm always a day late and a dollar short anymore when it comes to nabbing guides I need or want now. Two local shops have had many older game guides in the past, some of which I grabbed before I even had the games for them.

Unfortunately, one of them dumped all of their guides they had for at least the last 2 years I've been going there off to Salvation Army in December. This included copies of the guide for Bard's Tale, which I just picked up last week and several others I figured I could grab for others on here(including Playboy The Mansion, Mercenaries, etc).

And since my families car is in deplorable shape lately(mechanically) and they were using MY car, I couldn't make it to the other shop I know of which sells older guides and had to rely on a friend to come up to hang out last night. When they finally did around 6 pm, it was already past the closing time for the other shop(they close @ 6 sharp). I don't know when the hell I'll get a chance to go to that other shop anytime soon, so I guess I'm SOL if I want to find a guide for some of these games.

Ahhhh well, that's my luck, a day late and a dollar short.

Sorry, I just needed to vent.

The Halo 2 PC Guide says it covers campaign mode among other things. Anyone know if the guide would work for the capmpaign mode on XBox as well or were things changed for the PC Version?

[quote name='QiG']Fresh back from the local stores. Four of them (RE:UC and DQM:J) indeed are missing the covers, but when I checked the rack they had some Bioshock still there, so I grabbed one. The second store I went to, I checked the rack first and found covered copies of Bioshock, Advance Wars and RE:UC I was looking for and just bought those.. deciding if I still want to bother with the pick-up.

If anyone missed the boat, CML... shipping costs will basically kill the deal aspect when bundled with a convenience fee, but if you're after them, they're still pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, what is a convenience fee and what are your shipping costs? This is new to me, since I'm able to ship out multiple guides for less than $5 TOTAL, INCLUDING delivery confimation.

Maybe this is something I haven't heard of before...

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Out of curiosity, what is a convenience fee and what are your shipping costs? This is new to me, since I'm able to ship out multiple guides for less than $5 TOTAL, INCLUDING delivery confimation.

Maybe this is something I haven't heard of before...[/quote]

I implore you to share this information as I have usually seen the large bubble envelopes going from anywhere to $1.39-1.99 individually and since I don't have a postal scale handy, I would have to check weights through an online retailer such as amazon. The Bioshock guide, for example, is listed as 1.5 pounds. Accurate or not, that's the information I have available to ship.

Not many people want to do business via media mail, and anything over 13 oz is ruled out through 1st class.

Convenience fee covers the time taken and gas to-from store and Best Buy... plus what I feel like asking for.

When you do this regularly, there may be cost cutting measures, but I am not aware.

[quote name='QiG']When you do this regularly, there may be cost cutting measures, but I am not aware.[/quote]

Envelope $1.00
Shipping $2.65 (Media Mail for up to 2lbs)
PP Fees $0.45
Total $4.10

So $10 a piece is looking to make money. If that's what you want to do that's fine. But don't charge for gas if you are already making the trip.

[quote name='QiG']I implore you to share this information as I have usually seen the large bubble envelopes going from anywhere to $1.39-1.99 individually and since I don't have a postal scale handy, I would have to check weights through an online retailer such as amazon. The Bioshock guide, for example, is listed as 1.5 pounds. Accurate or not, that's the information I have available to ship.

Not many people want to do business via media mail, and anything over 13 oz is ruled out through 1st class.

Convenience fee covers the time taken and gas to-from store and Best Buy... plus what I feel like asking for.

When you do this regularly, there may be cost cutting measures, but I am not aware.[/QUOTE]

You can buy bubble envelopes in bulk pretty cheaply from Office Depot.
I guess it depends who you trade with, but I haven't heard of a single person on here who doesn't use or has a problem with media mail. But I have empty boxes at home, so I usually use those, anyway.

As far as the convenience fee, I guess that makes sense if you're selling, however, if you're trading, then I just cancel that out, since the other person has to drive to the Post Office, etc., also.

I can see a small fee for gas to the Post Office, but I'm not sure I understand gas charges for the trip to Best Buy, unless you are making a special trip there for a request.

I guess what I'm saying is, $8 PER guide is pretty high, at least for this site. I won't speak for everyone, but for those 3 guides you are selling, you are charging $24.

I couldn't justify spending $24 on guides that cost 3 cents in-store.

Not trying to dog you or start a flame war, but just trying to give some constructive advice. Remember, this is CAG, after all, so people are wanting to spend as little as possible, and trade whenever possible...

I normally sell one guide for like $6 and add an additional $2 per guide. Thats low enough that the other person is getting a good deal and high enough that i don't lose money.

Of course my prices vary. I always give discounts if they get more then 3 guides because its easier to ship em and i don't need to make as many seperate trips.

If you happen to use Priority Mail you get free pick-up and do not have to make a trip to the post office at all. In fact you can order Priority Mail boxes and flat rate envelopes of the usps.com website and get all the shipping materials delivered free without even going to the post office. Flat rate envelopes cost $4.60 to ship regardless of weight, come with free delivery confirmation and you can stuff some pretty big books in there (I have shipped college text books such as big Business Law books and cramed them in the flat rate envelopes). In fact you can even pay via Paypal with this link https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now for postage and never have to spend any gas money by leaving the house. Also when you use flat rate envelopes or boxes there is no messing around with weighing things.

So I know that Oblivion has been pennied out at Best Buy, but today I found one and it rang up at $9.99. Is there any way to make them discount it, like price-match their own price? Oblivion is one of my favorite games and I'd love to get that guide.

I'll take everything everyone said into consideration, although I can't budge on the base price of $5 for shipping costs because I don't deal with guides in bulk or on a regular basis, so I'll be buying just a few large envelops and I won't ship with media mail because I am dead set on using DC.

I'll take this as constructive criticism and adjust prices although I feel that 3 guides that retail for $19.99 for $24 wasn't a bad deal at all.

[quote name='QiG']I'll take everything everyone said into consideration, although I can't budge on the base price of $5 for shipping costs because I don't deal with guides in bulk or on a regular basis, so I'll be buying just a few large envelops and I won't ship with media mail because I am dead set on using DC.

I'll take this as constructive criticism and adjust prices although I feel that 3 guides that retail for $19.99 for $24 wasn't a bad deal at all.[/QUOTE]

You obviously have every right to charge whatever you want for the guides. To those who don't know any better on ebay, Craig's list, etc., those 3 guides for $24 isn't a bad deal at all.

I'm just saying that on this site, there isn't anybody who will pay $24, because the whole point of this site is to spend as little as possible and everybody knows the TRUE cost of those guides.

The other thing is, a week ago those 3 guides retailed for $19.99. Now, they retail for 1 cent. So, you're not really comparing apple to apples. That's an 80,000% markup. Eighty THOUSAND!

EDIT: I know you're probably thinking "if you don't even want the guides, then why are you busting my chops?". That is a fair thought, if so. It's just I'm almost a little offended because this site is about community, comraderie and a united idea behind all things videogames and all things cheap. Most of us trade and to those that sell, the idea is really about either breaking even, or just getting a tiny bit of profit to make it worthwhile because it's almost tantamount to selling to a family member. People are used to other people on this site going out of their way to help out another CAG. Trying to make a fairly substantial profit off another CAG goes against the (unmentioned but globally understood) rule of CAG.

[quote name='QiG']I'll take everything everyone said into consideration, although I can't budge on the base price of $5 for shipping costs because I don't deal with guides in bulk or on a regular basis, so I'll be buying just a few large envelops and I won't ship with media mail because I am dead set on using DC.

I'll take this as constructive criticism and adjust prices although I feel that 3 guides that retail for $19.99 for $24 wasn't a bad deal at all.[/quote]

How far is your local post office from where you live? I ask because we have about 4-5 of them in my small town, including one located right at our downtown mall, which makes it easy for me since I ship out from there EVERY time when I'm going to the mall.

The mall isn't that far from my house, so I'm able to go there to shop AND drop off guides/games in the mail.

Now, while Media Mail isn't exactly the fastest(it's actually the slowest rate I've seen, sometimes taking as much as a week and a half from point A to point B), it IS the cheapest and definitely well worth using if you're trying to give someone a deal on a guide.

As for where to get bubble mailers(NEVER USE JUST PLAIN YELLOW ENVELOPES TO MAIL GUIDES, AS SOME MAILMEN TAKE IT AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE TO CRAM ANYTHING ENVELOPE SIZED INTO A MAILBOX), you should try Office Depot/Staples/etc. They sell them in 10-12 packs there for $10-12 typically, which beats buying ONE mailer every time you need to mail something out.

The whole 'convenience fee' thing seems a bit shady, unless you were making a SPECIAL trip for someone to grab a game or guide for them, then a nominal fee is typically acceptable.

Oh and one last tip when shipping stuff out. Should you ship it Media Mail, put a piece of cardboard on at least one side of the guide(s) you're shipping out(and put the words DO NOT BEND on the mailer in black marker in BIG letters), since even a bubble mailer sized envelope will be like a challenge to some mail workers to bend in half.

If you follow these tips, you definitely shouldn't have any problems with people saying 'you charge too much' or 'my guide you sent me got bent to shit'.

As for me, I only do a deal of 4 guides for $11 shipped via Media Mail anymore. I don't even bother dealing with single guides, since it's such a pita and it's been so long since I did ship a single guide that I wouldn't even know what to price ONE guide at anymore, though I'd probably settle on $5 shipped.

Speaking of my guides, my list is currently on HOLD, since I just sold off about 70 or more guides today for $1 or so each to a local shop, since I was getting sick of watching em collect dust here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Speaking of my guides, my list is currently on HOLD, since I just sold off about 70 or more guides today for $1 or so each to a local shop, since I was getting sick of watching em collect dust here.[/quote]

Woah, that's pretty nice. I wish I had a shop that would take a few Railroads and Warhammer guides off my hands for $1 each!

But all of what IATCG said is good advice. Definitely use cardboard to flank the guides inside the mailer. Also, I usually wrap guides in a plastic grocery bag in the odd event water gets inside a torn mailer.

Since I've taken the earlier advice into consideration and adjusted significantly, I'm going to have to comment on the further posts to clarify my intentions:

1) I ONLY send 1st class in bubble envelops. Bubble envelop at bulk (where you live) = $1, the cheapest 1st class shipping I've experience for a VIDEOGAME has been $1.99 + $.75 DC. I would assume that most guides weigh at least as much as a videogame plus some. So 1 + 2 + .75 is a base cost for a light videogame, rounding the cost of shipping up to 5 for a heavier game guide is NOT outrageous.

2) A cost of $8 is 8000% profit before overhead costs. Asking for $3-4 over shipping costs was really not that outrageous either. If I was out to make money I would have completely cleared out both stores I went to and ebay them, but rather I grabbed 1-2 copies before true hoarders swept in. Even cheapest prices on other online marketplaces run $7-8 plus $3-4 shipping fees.

3) Convenience charge may sound "shady" but I ship next, if not same, day on every deal/trade I make and my feedback speaks for itself with fellow CAGers regarding what kind of deals I make. There may be ways to ship it cheaper and limit post office trips to when I happen to pass by, but I will go out of my way to expedite the whole process because when it boils down to it, people appreciate speed more than anything.

By the way, this has probably already passed the threshold for being PM type discussion, so any further comments, let's keep it in that realm.

If one person was to ask for all 3 guides you're selling, would you still charge the full $8 price each ($24 for the whole lot)? If you wind up shipping the 3 guides to 3, separate people, then the $8 price is only mildly unreasonable.

Again, you have every right to charge what you feel is reasonable, however, I think most people on here would take exception.

I traded a God of War 2 Limited Edition guide and Lost Planet guide last fall, for example, both pretty big and heavy. Granted, I already had a box, so I didn't have to pay for any materials, but I shipped Media Mail with DC and the total was in the mid to high $4.xx range. In addition, the package only took about 5 days to reach its destination.

But, you have to understand our POV in that paying $24 for what cost you 3 cents is pretty high.

[quote name='My List as of 1.5 hours ago']I was enlightened upon fair pricing for game guides through CAG and have adjusted it accordingly. $6 for 1, $10 for 2, $12 for 3.[/quote]

[quote name='QiG']3) Convenience charge may sound "shady" but I ship next, if not same, day on every deal/trade I make and my feedback speaks for itself with fellow CAGers regarding what kind of deals I make. There may be ways to ship it cheaper and limit post office trips to when I happen to pass by, but I will go out of my way to expedite the whole process because when it boils down to it, people appreciate speed more than anything.[/quote]Careful in tossing feedback out there. Some of us have a few more than you do. ;)

I lucked out and all of my in-store pickups were there waiting for me between the two BB's I visited. Found the following in my guide searching that are extras:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (x3)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (x2)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (x2)
World In Conflict
Bioshock (x2)

Posted in the master TL for the guides, and we'll see what happens.

[quote name='shrike4242']Careful in tossing feedback out there. Some of us have a few more than you do. ;)

Posted in the master TL for the guides, and we'll see what happens.[/quote]

D'oh.. forgot the master TL post... fixed.
YOU me :lol:

Hey Qig, I think I misunderstood your post from earlier. Those new prices you listed on the trade thread are very fair.

Sorry about my last response. I guess your reply on how you changed your asking price went completely missed by me. Mea culpa.

No problem, I don't mind being corrected but if I misinterpret it as being called out, I'll get defensive.

Healthy debates are underrated :D

[quote name='QiG']No problem, I don't mind being corrected but if I misinterpret it as being called out, I'll get defensive.

Healthy debates are underrated :D[/quote]For me, I end up doing guides at shipping cost, with a buck or two figured in there for materials and time spent. I'm not selling/trading guides to make money, it's to get them to other CAGs and to get guides to me that I want.

Plus, when I ship out guides, I do 1-3 in a plastic bubble mailer with cardboard above and below the guides. I write "DO NOT BEND" on the mailer, and that seems to have worked for the dozens and dozens that have gone out that way. Anything more than a bubble-mailer's worth goes into a box for shipment.

[quote name='Caliburn']Woah, that's pretty nice. I wish I had a shop that would take a few Railroads and Warhammer guides off my hands for $1 each!

But all of what IATCG said is good advice. Definitely use cardboard to flank the guides inside the mailer. Also, I usually wrap guides in a plastic grocery bag in the odd event water gets inside a torn mailer.[/quote]

That's the sick part, I was shocked when the owner showed up and said if I had anymore, to just bring them over. I've sold him some before for about $1 each also, so I figured since he opened a second shop I might as well try there too. :D

So, after getting rid of 60+ guides in the first run, I came back with another 20-30 and I told him I have some others I could also let go of if he wants them. Funnier still is that I slipped a couple Madden and NFL Street guides in there, so it wasn't like I dumped off every non-sports title I had.

If I can, I'm going to keep going back there every couple days with a few(since the store is only around 6 blocks from my house) and see if I can't get the same deal every day.

Only bad part is, I was getting .50 each for PC guides, some of which were pristine/mint and some of which you can't find anywhere anymore(Vice City/Tropico 2).

Either way, the sale of these guides is putting me closer to my goal of a 360 for the release of GTAIV(and a copy of Crackdown I have a deal with someone else to send me from the Target clearance) and they were just taking up space and not selling anyway, so why not just dump them.

I hope it's cool that I ask this again, last night I seem to have posted in the middle of a discussion and thus was ignored (it's cool, it happens).

So I know that Oblivion has been pennied out at Best Buy, but today I found one and it rang up at $9.99. Is there any way to make them discount it, like price-match their own price? Oblivion is one of my favorite games and I'd love to get that guide.

[quote name='carlcarlson']I hope it's cool that I ask this again, last night I seem to have posted in the middle of a discussion and thus was ignored (it's cool, it happens).

So I know that Oblivion has been pennied out at Best Buy, but today I found one and it rang up at $9.99. Is there any way to make them discount it, like price-match their own price? Oblivion is one of my favorite games and I'd love to get that guide.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's not the same sku.

This reminds me of the time some guy sold a stack full of guides to a local game/skateboard shop. I come back the next day and picked up a Suikoden guide for $5 and then proceeded to sell it for $180. I still have a few of the older guides like Ogre Tactics from the same purchase back in the day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's the sick part, I was shocked when the owner showed up and said if I had anymore, to just bring them over. I've sold him some before for about $1 each also, so I figured since he opened a second shop I might as well try there too. :D

So, after getting rid of 60+ guides in the first run, I came back with another 20-30 and I told him I have some others I could also let go of if he wants them. Funnier still is that I slipped a couple Madden and NFL Street guides in there, so it wasn't like I dumped off every non-sports title I had.

If I can, I'm going to keep going back there every couple days with a few(since the store is only around 6 blocks from my house) and see if I can't get the same deal every day.

Only bad part is, I was getting .50 each for PC guides, some of which were pristine/mint and some of which you can't find anywhere anymore(Vice City/Tropico 2).

Either way, the sale of these guides is putting me closer to my goal of a 360 for the release of GTAIV(and a copy of Crackdown I have a deal with someone else to send me from the Target clearance) and they were just taking up space and not selling anyway, so why not just dump them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='unforeseen']This reminds me of the time some guy sold a stack full of guides to a local game/skateboard shop. I come back the next day and picked up a Suikoden guide for $5 and then proceeded to sell it for $180. I still have a few of the older guides like Ogre Tactics from the same purchase back in the day.[/quote]

I'm actually thinking about dumping the rest of the guides I have, aside from a select few(meaning those which I have the games for an maybe one copy each of the GT 4 and HL 2 hardcover books). Otherwise, I think even the RPG guides I've had languishing on my TL as 'trade only' are going away tomorrow as well.

I'm just so sick of seeing them sit here collecting dust that it isn't funny.

Oh and I doubt that anyone will be able to cherry pick any gold from this big lot of guides I'm selling off, since the one neighbor/business partner of the shop owner has a handheld scanner which he can use which tells him the top price the guides are selling for on Ebay in about 5 seconds.

And, I think it's pretty obvious that the owner will pick out any of the good stuff and leave the rest for lots on Ebay or for inventory for his shop.

Funniest thing I heard while I was talking with the clerk who helped broker the deal at the shop was that the owner is 'scared of me', mainly since I know what I'm talking about with the guides and games I've sold to him. In other words, he's afraid of an informed customer.

I actually kept asking the owner when I was to his other store if he would hire me if he opened a second shop, but I never did get a straight answer, though from what the clerk told me he is suspicious of everyone since he's been burned in the past by people. I can't say I blame him, but I absolutely love gaming and I'm knowledgeable, two things that I think anyone needs to have to work a game shop.

Ahhhh well.....here's to hoping he loosens up and needs more help, since it's only 6 blocks from my house and I can even walk to work there.

While picking up some of the recently pennied out guides at Best Buy this week, the cashier commented "Wow, are you going to sell those on Ebay? You can make some really good money with those." Mind you, I had 6 guides total (one of each copy). I commented that they were for my collection. The cashier went on to say "Where did you find the guides? I'm going to have to go back and get some to put on Ebay." I didn't want to break her heart to tell her that she would probably end up being stuck with them after they at first didn't sell for $9.99, then $4.99, then $0.99.

[quote name='Josef']While picking up some of the recently pennied out guides at Best Buy this week, the cashier commented "Wow, are you going to sell those on Ebay? You can make some really good money with those." Mind you, I had 6 guides total (one of each copy). I commented that they were for my collection. The cashier went on to say "Where did you find the guides? I'm going to have to go back and get some to put on Ebay." I didn't want to break her heart to tell her that she would probably end up being stuck with them after they at first didn't sell for $9.99, then $4.99, then $0.99.[/quote]

Man, I would have chuckled and then told her there and then, lot of work to clear maybe a buck....

[quote name='FOnewearl']I was just at GameStop and wanted to buy a Persona 3 guide but I was told that it was pennied out. I have a feeling that the clerk is wrong but wanted to see if any of the GameStop employees here can verify if this is true or not.[/QUOTE]

I work at GS, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been pennied out. Reduced price, yes, but by now since the price dropped they're ridiculously hard to find. Lately for guides that haven't been selling, GS will do a reduced price (say, $5-$10 dollars less than what it started at). The guides that get the price drop are kinda random, but sometimes even with the price drop you can still get a deal on 'em. For some reason the pocket-sized guides tend to get dropped more often than the others.

[quote name='mitsu']I work at GS, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been pennied out. Reduced price, yes, but by now since the price dropped they're ridiculously hard to find. Lately for guides that haven't been selling, GS will do a reduced price (say, $5-$10 dollars less than what it started at). The guides that get the price drop are kinda random, but sometimes even with the price drop you can still get a deal on 'em. For some reason the pocket-sized guides tend to get dropped more often than the others.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, last I heard it was $9.99. Still, a great price for the guide.

[quote name='mitsu']I work at GS, and to my knowledge, it hasn't been pennied out. Reduced price, yes, but by now since the price dropped they're ridiculously hard to find. Lately for guides that haven't been selling, GS will do a reduced price (say, $5-$10 dollars less than what it started at). The guides that get the price drop are kinda random, but sometimes even with the price drop you can still get a deal on 'em. For some reason the pocket-sized guides tend to get dropped more often than the others.[/QUOTE]

I think I had a follow up about this in this same thread about how another worker looked up the Persona 3 guide for me on another visit a few days later and saw they had it in stock but couldn't find it. I gave him my number incase it came up and he ended up finding it hidden away in the back about an hour or two later. Funny as he put it aside for me and when I came to pick it up they had trouble finding the guide that was put aside for me. Hell of a time trying to get the Persona 3 guide at this store. I actually haven't been back to this store since then (about 2-3 months ago) Needless to say the 2nd worker that found it for me instead of just saying it was discontinued was a lot more helpful.

I can get English Halo 3 guides for $.99 if anyone is intrested. This is a YMMV drop at my store only it seems so i'd be looking to trade them for multiple penny guides or other guides that I want like Lost Odyssey.

Send me a PM with what you got if intrested

This is the first time I've been aware of what a first Monday of the month can bring, and I'm getting pretty pumped. This past month brought some great drops (though I couldn't find most of them). Because of that I've been wondering all month long what May will bring. Any predictions? Here are mine (many of which may be wishful thinking).

Mass Effect (oh please please please)
Orange Box (same, would be awesome)
Final Fantasy XII (surprised this hasn't happened already)
Halo 3 (they already dropped the Spanish version and some places have discounted it already)
Assassain's Creed (doubtful)

Those who have been around awhile, feel free to shoot these down with some reasoning. I'm always interested in better understanding how this works.

[quote name='carlcarlson']
Mass Effect (oh please please please)
Orange Box (same, would be awesome)
Final Fantasy XII (surprised this hasn't happened already)
Halo 3 (they already dropped the Spanish version and some places have discounted it already)
Assassain's Creed (doubtful)[/QUOTE]

It always seems like the ones I want most and seem most likely to go, don't. It drives me crazy that FFXII hasn't pennied yet, and I am foaming at the mouth for every single one on your list cept halo 3. Fire Emblem would be lovely as well.

Here's hoping.

well considering nintendogs and animal crossing guides were off the site last I checked, but still in stock here, could they poentially be next too?

[quote name='Visc']well considering nintendogs and animal crossing guides were off the site last I checked, but still in stock here, could they poentially be next too?[/quote]
Hopefully those too, but I think that official nintendo guides never get pennied.
Also hoping for pokemon mystery dungeon because there's a huge stack of those at BB.

If the new drop this coming Monday isn't reduced online but I set up an order for in-store pickup, will they charge me for the online price, or the penny price?

[quote name='carlcarlson']If the new drop this coming Monday isn't reduced online but I set up an order for in-store pickup, will they charge me for the online price, or the penny price?[/quote]The store doesn't charge you anything for it, it's all handled through BB.com . It's whatever price is on the website when you place the order.

If you try to swap it for in-store pricing of $0.01, then you'd be doing a return and rebuy, which may or may not work.

I will take my own advice and post a story in THIS thread. I went back to my Best Buy and bought the 2 EA hardbooks they had for a total of 2 cents. The cashier kind of hesitated, so I was thinking "uh-oh", then I gave him the whole "it's clearanced, so Best Buy gets rid of them for a penny yadda yadda". But instead of getting a manager, or something, he said "cool, any more left??" No hassle. No trouble.

BUT, he didn't give me a bag, and I didn't think about it until I was almost at the door and their were 2 LP's there. I thought "ah crap, they're going to stop me and then give me a hard time about the price". So, they did stop me, looked at my receipt and then I gave the same explanation again and they said "cool, any more left?".

My Best Buy is totally cool with penny guides. They even have penny guides left from several drops ago that I left and have no need for.

I am just asking for some help
As I can see, The Gears of war guide is at a penny.
I have gone to 3 gamestops which all have their guides in the back room.
I ask for a price of the guide, and the dude says it is 9.99.
Im just wondering what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

[quote name='neworlbush25']I am just asking for some help
As I can see, The Gears of war guide is at a penny.
I have gone to 3 gamestops which all have their guides in the back room.
I ask for a price of the guide, and the dude says it is 9.99.
Im just wondering what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks[/quote]
One of two things is happening.
Not sure if it's up to date, but the CAGwiki says that GS/EB have Gears Limited pennied, with SKU 832007. It may not be that exact guide.
The second thing could be that the employees are just lying when they see the penny price and say $10. Seems more likely to me.

I would try my luck at BB since I believe both Gears guides have pennied; if not the limited, I know for sure the regular one did and it was quite easy for me to get that at BB.

bread's done
Back