Register Vita get Free $20 PSN *Fixed Issues* Update From SONY

[quote name='SackManBoy']none on my end and i was the first cag to post this. really wish theyd update us, hopefully soon[/QUOTE]

Mmm that sucks, I followed all the steps and what not. Kinda sucks that the people that accepted the referral are left on the dark. Unless I'm missing something there is no way for us to know if it went through or not correct?

[quote name='Luxuria']No, it said 4-6 weeks after the promotion ends.[/QUOTE]

As long as we get it I'm good :) though it would be nice with the spend $50 get $10 back promotion

[quote name='FadeToOne']I still show my one accepted and one success pending. Weak.[/QUOTE]

at least you have one that's been accepted. For me I had 2 that were 'accepted' but has since been changed to success - pending.

[quote name='nabor605']Sony and uRefer have abandoned us :([/QUOTE]

I don't think so, I just think we have to wait a little bit longer before we see anything.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']at least you have one that's been accepted. For me I had 2 that were 'accepted' but has since been changed to success - pending.

I don't think so, I just think we have to wait a little bit longer before we see anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I'm just kidding.

As for the status of referrals, "Accepted' is the first status of a referral, meaning that someone accepted a referral, but has yet to finish the registration process of entering their Vita's serial number and PSN ID. Once that is done, the status changes to "Success-Pending". After that point, the referral and serial number needs to be verified/reviewed by the Sony/uRefer team as either authentic or not (so confirmed or denied).

In a nutshell, "Accepted" doesn't mean that the referral is going to go through, whereas "Success-Pending" means it just needs to be reviewed before final confirmation. If anyone still has "Accepted" referral statuses, you should be able to email the referral-acceptor by clicking on their email address in your Referral List, to remind them to finish the registration process. I think Sony/uRefer might be waiting a few weeks right now to let more referral registrations to finish up as well.

[quote name='nabor605']Yeah I know, I'm just kidding.

As for the status of referrals, "Accepted' is the first status of a referral, meaning that someone accepted a referral, but has yet to finish the registration process of entering their Vita's serial number and PSN ID. Once that is done, the status changes to "Success-Pending". After that point, the referral and serial number needs to be verified/reviewed by the Sony/uRefer team as either authentic or not (so confirmed or denied).

In a nutshell, "Accepted" doesn't mean that the referral is going to go through, whereas "Success-Pending" means it just needs to be reviewed before final confirmation. If anyone still has "Accepted" referral statuses, you should be able to email the referral-acceptor by clicking on their email address in your Referral List, to remind them to finish the registration process. I think Sony/uRefer might be waiting a few weeks right now to let more referral registrations to finish up as well.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely some good news!

Also do you know how they'll distribute the 1000 Sony reward points? I don't remember any option of linking Urefer and Sony rewards account when registering. I made a Sony Rewards account after I registered for Urefer and referred a few people so I don't want to miss out on the points (especially because they have some pretty good prizes to redeem).

[quote name='Interstella 5555']That's definitely some good news!

Also do you know how they'll distribute the 1000 Sony reward points? I don't remember any option of linking Urefer and Sony rewards account when registering. I made a Sony Rewards account after I registered for Urefer and referred a few people so I don't want to miss out on the points (especially because they have some pretty good prizes to redeem).[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, I thought that everyone who originally got the email inviting them to become referral-givers were Sony Rewards members already. At least with my case, I got an invitation email sent to my Sony Rewards email account, so I would assume that any actual successful referrals will place the Sony Rewards points into my account automatically. You might want to send an email to customer support to confirm if you SR account is linked to the uRefer account you have. I couldn't find an email on the website, but there is a customer service form here: http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/contact/

Ok, just found a few things in the fine print about this program:

Earn up to ten (10) "bonuses" consisting of a $20 PSN card and 1,000 Sony Rewards points for referring friends and family when they purchase a PS Vita System. You must claim your Sony Rewards points by 3/31/2013. You must be a member of Sony Rewards by 3/31/2013 to be awarded any Sony Rewards points, and the email address associated with your Sony Rewards account must match the email address to which you register for this promotion.

[quote name='nabor605']Ok, just found a few things in the fine print about this program:

Earn up to ten (10) "bonuses" consisting of a $20 PSN card and 1,000 Sony Rewards points for referring friends and family when they purchase a PS Vita System. You must claim your Sony Rewards points by 3/31/2013. You must be a member of Sony Rewards by 3/31/2013 to be awarded any Sony Rewards points, and the email address associated with your Sony Rewards account must match the email address to which you register for this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering my questions :applause:

Going with the fine print it seems I'm all set, since all we have to do is just have the same email address on both accounts. So for those of you who haven't made an account yet on Sony Rewards, make sure to do so by the end of this month to take advantage of the bonus points.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Thanks for answering my questions :applause:

Going with the fine print it seems I'm all set, since all we have to do is just have the same email address on both accounts. So for those of you who haven't made an account yet on Sony Rewards, make sure to do so by the end of this month to take advantage of the bonus points.[/QUOTE]

Well I've got 28 referrals as successful/pending. So hopefully at least 10 are successful. I'd be awesome to get $200 in PSN Cash and 10000 Points to get free games. You'd think this would get updated soon because the last time was Feb 14th.

well if I get any confirmed/authenticated referrals, I'll be using the Sony Rewards points towards a Vita memory card...just got the shaft/cancelled with the AT&T $50 32GB Vita card deal, like everyone else.

[quote name='nabor605']well if I get any confirmed/authenticated referrals, I'll be using the Sony Rewards points towards a Vita memory card...just got the shaft/cancelled with the AT&T $50 32GB Vita card deal, like everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the 32GB isn't available.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Too bad the 32GB isn't available.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, well that sucks. Guess I assumed Sony would be selling all of their Vita accessories there :/ The 16GB card is 5999 points, which is equal to $59.99 o_O

Is it me or is it just a bit weird that this hasn't had an update in a month. I wonder if they have an email link or a number that can be called?

[quote name='finsfan0210']Is it me or is it just a bit weird that this hasn't had an update in a month. I wonder if they have an email link or a number that can be called?[/QUOTE]

thats what ive been thinking. every time i log in and see the "dont miss out...contest ends 2/28/2013" i get a little pissed. i mean im no computer wiz, but i assume it would take like 1 minute of work to at least delete that from the front page. hopefully this isnt a scam.

[quote name='whoknows']Last updated Feb 14th, so I'm guessing it'll update again in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

my guess is when all of the ps store sale promo are over lol

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Sooo hows everyone doing?[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for any changes to the couple of referrals I have pending....maybe Sony and uRefer forgot they were doing this program? :p

Still not update on the status but I do see this now looking in the "My Referrals" tab -

Reasons for an unsuccessful referral:
  • Invalid PlayStation®Vita console number.
  • PlayStation®Vita console displays connectivity prior to contest time-frame and is therefore deemed invalid for the contest.
Looks like I may not be getting any Sony bucks after all :whistle2:(

[quote name='ninjatuned']Still not update on the status but I do see this now looking in the "My Referrals" tab -

• PlayStation®Vita console displays connectivity prior to contest time-frame and is therefore deemed invalid for the contest.
Looks like I may not be getting any Sony bucks after all :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I see that as well. Hopefully at least a few of my 28 referrals are successful.

[quote name='ninjatuned']Still not update on the status but I do see this now looking in the "My Referrals" tab -

Looks like I may not be getting any Sony bucks after all :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yup, I think most of us is screwed out of this one. Either Sony wised up and found out what people were doing and retroactively changed the rules or we might've missed the fine print explaining this.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Yup, I think most of us is screwed out of this one. Either Sony wised up and found out what people were doing and retroactively changed the rules or we might've missed the fine print explaining this.[/QUOTE]

Well I think the program was heavily implied that only new Vita purchasers were supposed to register their Vita serial numbers, as it was about convincing more people to buy a Vita, not just register your already-purchased Vita. I guess this explains why it's taking longer for Sony/uRefer to authorize the second batch of referrals, they're checking each Vita serial to see if it's been used/connected online before (thus not being "new").

well i havent got any update it says i got my rewards and the ones that went through were on jan 25 long time ago i guess alot more than they expected

[quote name='sir-fly']they updated the site now
edit:i still have a lot of success pending[/QUOTE]

sweet! i now have 5 successful referrals! and still alot pending!

All of mine are still success - pending except one that switched to unsuccessful.

At least we know they're doing something with the site still.

Anyone actually receive any PSN money, or is that still something we're waiting on?

[quote name='whoknows']All of mine are still success - pending except one that switched to unsuccessful.

At least we know they're doing something with the site still.

Anyone actually receive any PSN money, or is that still something we're waiting on?[/QUOTE]
still waiting on the psn funds but i am sure we will get them soon

[quote name='finsfan0210']So far I've gotten 2 marked as unsuccessful but I still have 26 more referrals as success/pending.[/QUOTE]

they seem to be taking there sweet time lol

thier rules and terms have changed btw.
"The Contest begins on March 29, 2013 (9:00am Eastern Time (“ET”)) and ends on May 10, 2013 (6:00pm ET) (the “Contest Period”). To win, a Contestant must be the best “salesperson” for the PS Vita. As further explained in Section 3, Contestants are not Sony employees. To participate, Contestants may use ONLY email, Facebook, Twitter and referral cards to communicate effectively the qualities and benefits of the PS Vita to friends and family members (“Friends/Family Members”). Contestants must disclose that they are being compensated for their efforts in all such communications. Contestants will be judged based on the number of Friends/Family members who (i) purchase a PS Vita and (ii) register his/her purchase at psvita.amplifinity.com prior to May 10, 2013 (6:00pm ET)."

They are either extending it or giving themselves more time to look through the referrals.

[quote name='mowmow']thier rules and terms have changed btw.
"The Contest begins on March 29, 2013 (9:00am Eastern Time (“ET”)) and ends on May 10, 2013 (6:00pm ET) (the “Contest Period”). To win, a Contestant must be the best “salesperson” for the PS Vita. As further explained in Section 3, Contestants are not Sony employees. To participate, Contestants may use ONLY email, Facebook, Twitter and referral cards to communicate effectively the qualities and benefits of the PS Vita to friends and family members (“Friends/Family Members”). Contestants must disclose that they are being compensated for their efforts in all such communications. Contestants will be judged based on the number of Friends/Family members who (i) purchase a PS Vita and (ii) register his/her purchase at psvita.amplifinity.com prior to May 10, 2013 (6:00pm ET)."

They are either extending it or giving themselves more time to look through the referrals.[/QUOTE]

looks like a new contest will start

Updated March 22nd, they only updated 1 random entry for me, but it did go through. So far have $30 worth of Sony Rewards and $60 worth of PSN credit. They still need to send it out.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Any one getting codes yet?[/QUOTE]

No PSN codes and/or Sony Rewards Points yet, but I see that the site's totals were updated again today (the 27th). I still have a few referrals in the "Sucessful-Pending" status, so there's still some more work Sony and uRefer are doing in authenticating all of these Vita serial number submissions.

yea site updating good sign should have rewards this weekend it said had to use reward points by 3/31 n looks like the new one started

bread's done
Back