Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Sure thing, I'll do it when I get back...or right now, it looks like I might have a little down time to send out friend invites.

I was thinking of creating a seperate thread for Resistance 2 when it gets released for CAG Night and group setup purposes, unless Frisky doesn't mind editing the OP with lists n' stuff; I'll probably keep the layout similar to the Warhawk thread.[/QUOTE]There will be a seperate thread no doubt, for the clan, co-op division, and other things.

[quote name='refusedchaos']i might be down for it...just message me on aim (watching a movie on ps3) or on PSN if you see me on[/QUOTE]I'll send you a message if there is room. You are on my buddy list.

[quote name='jdioutkast']uhh wheres the other group at? if your around can i get an invite?[/QUOTE]

Our group isn't scheduled to get on until 8:30 PM, and Inv is leading the endeavor tonight.

Inf_Shini Group @ 8:30pm EST
-Darknyss
-Grashi
-jdioutkast (2)
-KnightsDwn (backup 1 at 8:30pm EST)
-Phoenix_Azure
-Rolento (or they can take KnightsDwn due to playing later)
-RYAend (Backup 2)
-Synical
-Veridis_Quo (Backup 3)

[quote name='Ecofreak']Our group isn't scheduled to get on until 8:30 PM, and Inv is leading the endeavor tonight.

Inf_Shini Group @ 8:30pm EST
-Darknyss
-Grashi
-jdioutkast (2)
-KnightsDwn (backup 1 at 8:30pm EST)
-Phoenix_Azure
-Rolento (or they can take KnightsDwn due to playing later)
-RYAend (Backup 2)
-Synical
-Veridis_Quo (Backup 3)[/quote]

I'll be starting invites in 5-10 minutes, if I'm not on your friends list yet, send me a friend invite to Inf_Shini so I can send you a party invite.

If I don't get 8 together, I'll send you an invite chaos.

[quote name='refusedchaos']if anyone has room...message me on PSN[/QUOTE]

Why not start a group? Some more people are probably logging on now.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Why not start a group? Some more people are probably logging on now.[/QUOTE]

how does the networking go? P2P ? half dedicated servers? full dedicated servers? cause i only have a 2mb upload speed

[quote name='refusedchaos']how does the networking go? P2P ? half dedicated servers? full dedicated servers? cause i only have a 2mb upload speed[/QUOTE]

Good question, I'm not actually sure how the system works.

I'm sorry but my league game got pushed back due to the stupid 2k9 servers. I might not be able to make it till far later on to the night.

Fken dammit, as luck would have it, something comes up RIGHT at this time.

Someone else will have to take the reigns for right now, I'll be on in about 1 1/2 hours

*sigh*...I was looking forward to playing this already.

Anywho, another CAG that is in the group can go ahead, create, and take control of the party, I won't be around for awhile :cry:

If you need an invite, Darknyss is heading the other group right now, so hit him up

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Fken dammit, as luck would have it, something comes up RIGHT at this time.

Someone else will have to take the reigns for right now, I'll be on in about 1 1/2 hours

*sigh*...I was looking forward to playing this already.

Anywho, another CAG that is in the group can go ahead, create, and take control of the party, I won't be around for awhile :cry:[/QUOTE]

Ahh, Murphy strikes again -- I'll lead tonight then and see how well it goes. I believe my connection will be able to handle it *crosses fingers*.

Grr I had a slight delay and didn't end up getting on until around 9 and it looks like Mana's game is full. I couldn't figure out which (if any) of the other games are CAG games right now. Anyone have room?

Well I played with some CAGs eariler, but now I actually better get to my studying. Stupid game distracting me. Oh well. Have fun.

[quote name='landshrk83']Grr I had a slight delay and didn't end up getting on until around 9 and it looks like Mana's game is full. I couldn't figure out which (if any) of the other games are CAG games right now. Anyone have room?[/QUOTE]Sorry, I tried getting you in the party a few times, but ran into issues.

[quote name='refusedchaos']wow...my ps3 froze again on R2...[/QUOTE]Same happened to me twice, but three freezes during an entire beta is very little.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Just sent an invite to refusedchaos and KingBroly[/QUOTE]Sorry, we tried to get you in and had issues.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I'm sorry but my league game got pushed back due to the stupid 2k9 servers. I might not be able to make it till far later on to the night.[/QUOTE]That's fine, things didn't go completely as planned. We'll try again on Monday and/or Wednesday. By then, I'll try to get groups sorted out better.

Regardless, the CAGs I played during the game I finished, it was fun.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hit up Darknyss, I was talking to him earlier.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Darkness for not being able to include you in the game tonight -- hopefully things will be more settled organizationally next time.

Thanks for the game, Broly, JD, and Chaos. We did so well that I couldn't believe we finished so fast. w00t!

I played with someone tonight, and about 10 minutes in, my microphone went dead :( so I know it appeared as if I wasn't there, but I was just scrambling for my USB cord for the crappy Jabra Headset. We actually beat the Scenario, which is cool. I don't know which one it was though. In the Final Game, I hope they include a way to tell which scenarios for each map you've done.

Gotta say not too impressed so far - the textures are still rough this close to launch, and there's definitely some transparencies where I shouldn't be able to see objects...

Where do we provide feedback for the beta?

[quote name='Ecofreak']Sorry Darkness for not being able to include you in the game tonight -- hopefully things will be more settled organizationally next time.

Thanks for the game, Broly, JD, and Chaos. We did so well that I couldn't believe we finished so fast. w00t![/QUOTE]
It's cool. I wasn't sure if you were in a party with any CAGs or not. I kept sending invites when we had open spots.

Anyway, it looks like everyone had to go. I'm gonna play some LBP but if more wana play later send me a message.

Sorry about messing up the group guys, ended up doing things at a delayed and longer than expected time, so i wasn't able to head the group. I'll make sure things go smoother next time :/

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Sorry about messing up the group guys, ended up doing things at a delayed and longer than expected time, so i wasn't able to head the group. I'll make sure things go smoother next time :/[/QUOTE]

Failure to do so will result in many frowny-faces. Consider yourself warned.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Sorry I had to cut it short. I'll try to be on later. Hehe was fun though. Hey shini, I'll hit you up later if you're on.[/quote]
Fo sho man, I'll definitely get on later on tonight to make up for earlier.

From the looks of things, I won't get on until the USC game is over, so after that, I'll send out some invites to whoever is online.

I'll make up for the group mix-up earlier by heading one tonight ;)

Hehe no worries Shin....just got home from an interesting night and it's already 3am.

If anyone wants to play sunday...I'll be on and off. I might also have a friend join in with me while I play. So just hit me a msg.

I don't mind failing, I think it could be a little harder. Especially the big bosses, they need to have some swarms of smaller stuff popping up during those fights otherwise everyone just stands in a circle around it shooting and if someone happens to die they get revived before everyone else can. They also don't seem to be too smart. Maybe when players are higher levels it gets more challenging (I hope).

Also medics are way too powerful. I've gotten stuck alone in fights with multiple enemies and as long as I keep the beam shooting a big guy I regain health as fast as they can take it away. Not to mention the extreme amount of experience you get as a medic, I think I had double everyone else last night when I played medic.

[quote name='happy']I don't mind failing, I think it could be a little harder. Especially the big bosses, they need to have some swarms of smaller stuff popping up during those fights otherwise everyone just stands in a circle around it shooting and if someone happens to die they get revived before everyone else can. They also don't seem to be too smart. Maybe when players are higher levels it gets more challenging (I hope).

Also medics are way too powerful. I've gotten stuck alone in fights with multiple enemies and as long as I keep the beam shooting a big guy I regain health as fast as they can take it away. Not to mention the extreme amount of experience you get as a medic, I think I had double everyone else last night when I played medic.[/quote]

Well those are things that can be tweaked.

I agree abuot the big bosses, they aren't as much fun without danger. Don't think I've ever failed at those points. I think reducing some of their health or some other balancing should be done to keep those sections for bogging this down for so long.

As for the medic, they do need some re-tuning.

Part of the extra XP comes from linking the sapping beam. You can connect to a group of enemies and rack up some XP that way if they are close together. I like that.

I've been trying to find some information on the Phoenix, has anyone seen where it says it should be doing damage when you drain enemies? You end up with basically unlimited ammo with the beam. I know there is a berserk that says it damages enemies, so that is what got me thinking that it shouldn't be hurting the baddies. Draining their power yes, but actually hurting/killing isn't something I expected. Would make the Spec-ops more valuable since you'd actually need them to give you ammo for your rifle (PS more people should use it!) as a medic.

I'm not sure if I'd like the Phoenix is all it could do was heal/drain enegry... But I could see it as a good balancing moving.

I think you are talking about the second berserk which paralyzes enemies, it is also way overpowered. I got it yesterday and used it on one of the 2 star beefed up guys and he was literally stuck there in the beam doing nothing till he died.

The beam should do some damage, but less and give less experience, as it is using the second weapon is pointless. I'm always frustrated when I want to revive someone and end up switching weapons by accident (same button), and that is the cause of a decent number of my deaths as a medic.

I just played a ton of competitive and now it's growing on me. I'm really enjoying its craziness. I even did well finishing 12 out of 40 people (I was ranked as high as 5 many times). Now I really can't wait to play this every day (full version).
[quote name='Costa']is it available from qore yet?[/QUOTE]Those with Qore, IF you have not been receiving emails from Sony about PlayStation Network purchases (and times you add money to your wallet), you'll never get the email from Qore because Sony doesn't have your email on file (although it works for PSN). People who registered for PSN around a certain time, if they tried logging into the PS Store for PC or other places, couldn't do it. I had that problem, so I changed my email, and I started getting receipts for all my PSN purchases (along with working on PS Store for PC and everything else). I just wanted to give that warning because that's why some won't get an email.

This is my first time playing any of the Resistance titles, and I have to ask, is this how the first one plays?

The online and competitive seem to both be sort of arcade-y and comical IMO. The co-op was ridiculous; it took forever for a team of 8 people to take down one monster (is it supposed to be like this?), and I wasn't too big a fan of the competitive modes I was playing.

[quote name='lolwut?']This is my first time playing any of the Resistance titles, and I have to ask, is this how the first one plays?

The online and competitive seem to both be sort of arcade-y and comical IMO. The co-op was ridiculous; it took forever for a team of 8 people to take down one monster (is it supposed to be like this?), and I wasn't too big a fan of the competitive modes I was playing.[/QUOTE]The first one is basically very different from the 2nd, especially the multi-player. The game is going for more arcadey and comical. The original one had some comical in it (like the weapons used).

bread's done
Back