Rey Mysterio's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Danro']Tha heck he hasnt! Two words: Brock Lesnar.[/QUOTE]

One name, out of how many matches hes done? Wrestling wise, brock could make taker look like a complete joke.

Taker does the same boring stuff. He has the same 15 minute intro. He wrestles people who could possibly get decent pushes (althought there are also a lot who don't deserve it) then he leaves. He comes back just in time to collect another paycheck, and ruin someone elses career.

[quote name='xgrimx']I thought about it, came up with nothing. I'm sorry I really dont want to see the heavyweight title contention turn into another juniors division.[/quote]

Well, you enjoy the sure-to-be-thrilling Dalip Singh vs. Undertaker matches. Maybe they can make it a three-way with Mark Henry!

[quote name='Superstar']One name, out of how many matches hes done? Wrestling wise, brock could make taker look like a complete joke.

Taker does the same boring stuff. He has the same 15 minute intro. He wrestles people who could possibly get decent pushes (althought there are also a lot who don't deserve it) then he leaves. He comes back just in time to collect another paycheck, and ruin someone elses career.[/quote]

How many of the wrestlers who have their pushes killed by Undertaker deserve it, though?

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Well, you enjoy the sure-to-be-thrilling Dalip Singh vs. Undertaker matches. Maybe they can make it a three-way with Mark Henry![/QUOTE]

Did I not just say the monster gimmicks are played out and boring as well? In my opinion SD is completely worthless all the way around and raw isn't really that far behind it.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']How many of the wrestlers who have their pushes killed by Undertaker deserve it, though?[/QUOTE]

Over the years? Many. Even if Orton put over a guy like Mark Henry, it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not a Mark fan, but he plays his role well. He isn't there to do amazing wrestling skills. Hes there to get heat, and he does that. What would the harm be in Taker putting him over? Why couldn't they let Orton beat him at Wrestlemania? That was a good match, and it was perfect for it. Oh, he will cry backstage if the writers put a loss on his record. He should just retire.

The only reason Rey has the title is because Eddie died, and I hope no one thinks otherwise. Even in the world of kayfabe, I find it hard to believe that Rey could beat either Angle or Orton, especially when you look at who they've beaten and what they've accomplished in their careers. Sure, Rey may be deserving of the title for everything he's done, but it shouldn't have happened. It may not be fair, but that's life. The undeserving guys get the titles while those who are deserving don't, because they don't have "the look".

Chicago wasn't booing Rey because they like to cheer the heels. Chicago was booing Rey because they knew what a joke a Rey title reign would be.

[quote name='Genocidal']The only reason Rey has the title is because Eddie died, and I hope no one thinks otherwise. Even in the world of kayfabe, I find it hard to believe that Rey could beat either Angle or Orton, especially when you look at who they've beaten and what they've accomplished in their careers. Sure, Rey may be deserving of the title for everything he's done, but it shouldn't have happened. It may not be fair, but that's life. The undeserving guys get the titles while those who are deserving don't, because they don't have "the look".

Chicago wasn't booing Rey because they like to cheer the heels. Chicago was booing Rey because they knew what a joke a Rey title reign would be.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm glad someone said it.

[quote name='Superstar']Over the years? Many. Even if Orton put over a guy like Mark Henry, it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not a Mark fan, but he plays his role well. He isn't there to do amazing wrestling skills. Hes there to get heat, and he does that. What would the harm be in Taker putting him over? Why couldn't they let Orton beat him at Wrestlemania? That was a good match, and it was perfect for it. Oh, he will cry backstage if the writers put a loss on his record. He should just retire.[/quote]

I can't believe ANYONE thinks that breaking the Undertaker's streak, the rub of all rubs, should have gone to Blandy Orton. Personally, with Edge undefeated at Mania as well, I think he should be the one to break the streak, and then pass it on to someone else when he gets ready to retire.

[quote name='Genocidal']The only reason Rey has the title is because Eddie died, and I hope no one thinks otherwise. Even in the world of kayfabe, I find it hard to believe that Rey could beat either Angle or Orton, especially when you look at who they've beaten and what they've accomplished in their careers. Sure, Rey may be deserving of the title for everything he's done, but it shouldn't have happened. It may not be fair, but that's life. The undeserving guys get the titles while those who are deserving don't, because they don't have "the look".

Chicago wasn't booing Rey because they like to cheer the heels. Chicago was booing Rey because they knew what a joke a Rey title reign would be.[/quote]

Yeah, I think Rey won the title because Eddie died. And I do think they made it look like a fluke. And I do realize a good portion of the Chicago crowd booed Rey (although they booed Trish, too). But if the crowd really starts to rally behind Rey as champ, imagine the good it could do for wrestling. Wrestlers hired based on their work, not their size.

One can dream.

I'll give you "Rey just getting the title because Eddie died," but I'm going to have to say that he does deserve at least one Heavyweight title run. He was fighting guys way larger than him as far back as 1997/8 (not sure, but I remember the hair vs. mask match against Kevin Nash was around that point in time), and has been a loyal and over wrestler everywhere he has been. Smackdown's upper card is a mess: Eddie's death, Batista's injury, Angle's injuries, Orton's suspension and the reluctance to put proven guys into the upper card (JBL, Benoit, Booker T) leaves the title scene on that show a bit out of whack. Actually, I would go so far as to point the decimation of the Smackdown upper card as the reason why Rey is champion over Eddie's death.

I agree that Angle should have retained, but Rey as champ certainly does not disgust me as much as it seems to disgust everyone else.

Besides, I'd like to see RVD challenge him at the ECW PPV. It would certainly make much more sense since Rey was in ECW, and Smackdown could use another main eventer for the time being. We'll see though.

It's kind of hard for him NOT to wrestle guys bigger than him when everyone IS bigger than him. So I dont really see why the fact that hes smaller makes him "deserve" the title.

[quote name='Superstar']Rey isn't anyone special. 90% of japanese wrestlers can do what he does, and better.[/QUOTE]

*100%. There I fixed it for you.

I like Rey. I respect his ability, and the fact that a man of such small stature has accomplished so much in a landscape dominated by giants (and before you guys trot out the "He's only champ because of Eddie" line again, even if it's true, remember what he accomplished before that). I realize that he is not the world's greatest wrestler, nor even the world's smallest wrestler, but he's doing things in WWE that no one his size has ever done before, and I think that's pretty special. I've always been more of a fan of the smaller guys, and if Rey can stand on his own as champ, other people his size can, as well.

Rey certainly isn't as good of a wrestler as he used to be. You can blame that either on age (he's 32 and has been wrestling since he was 14), or him having to adhere to the "WWE style."

Go watch some of his cruiserweight matches from WCW, then tell me that every wrestler in Japan is far above Rey Mysterio. Also, you forget that clowns like Scott Norton are big draws over there, and he's not better than anyone.

I don't mind Rey, I just don't think he should be champion, especially when the majority of his matches lately (I haven't watched this week's SD so I'm not sure if it holds true here as well) involve him getting the shit beat out of him, and then somehow pulling a win out of his ass. Christ, it's almost as bad a Hulking Up at the end of a Hogan match.

[quote name='2Fast']Rey certainly isn't as good of a wrestler as he used to be. You can blame that either on age (he's 32 and has been wrestling since he was 14), or him having to adhere to the "WWE style."

Go watch some of his cruiserweight matches from WCW, then tell me that every wrestler in Japan is far above Rey Mysterio. Also, you forget that clowns like Scott Norton are big draws over there, and he's not better than anyone.[/QUOTE]

I have seen his WCW matches. I used to watch WCW all the time. Wrestlers in japan are superior. Rey does nothing they don't do easily, and they do a lot more than he does. That could be WWE limiting his moves, but it still holds truth. Rey is nothing special, period. He does medocre cruiserweight style wrestling, and he is horrible on the mic.

[quote name='Genocidal']I don't mind Rey, I just don't think he should be champion, especially when the majority of his matches lately (I haven't watched this week's SD so I'm not sure if it holds true here as well) involve him getting the shit beat out of him, and then somehow pulling a win out of his ass. Christ, it's almost as bad a Hulking Up at the end of a Hogan match.[/quote]

Honestly, I think the only three matches he's won this year are the Royal Rumble, the triple threat match at Wrestlemania, and against Orton on Smackdown this week. If my memory serves me correctly, he loses far more than he wins.

[quote name='2Fast']Honestly, I think the only three matches he's won this year are the Royal Rumble, the triple threat match at Wrestlemania, and against Orton on Smackdown this week. If my memory serves me correctly, he loses far more than he wins.[/quote]
Even more reason why he shouldn't be seen as a credible champion. As a champion, I think it's a fair assumption that people should think you're capable of winning most of your matches.

[quote name='Superstar']Over the years? Many. Even if Orton put over a guy like Mark Henry, it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not a Mark fan, but he plays his role well. He isn't there to do amazing wrestling skills. Hes there to get heat, and he does that. What would the harm be in Taker putting him over? Why couldn't they let Orton beat him at Wrestlemania? That was a good match, and it was perfect for it. Oh, he will cry backstage if the writers put a loss on his record. He should just retire.[/QUOTE]

Nobody should ever put Mark Henry over... what a waste he is. He's quite literally the most boring wrestler on the face of the planet. It seems like its almost time for Mark Henry to disappear, and then reappear for his yearly push out of nowhere, in which he won't get over with the fans AGAIN. I bet Vince can't wait for this guy's contract to expire.

I remember one match where he fought three nobodies, and promptly kicked all their asses... where we supposed to be impressed? I remember Chris Masters did the same thing just last week on Raw, beat down a nobody for no reason. What is the point of that? "Oh, wow, look how strong this guy is, wow"... they don't even give you the other guys name.

[quote name='Roufuss']Nobody should ever put Mark Henry over... what a waste he is. He's quite literally the most boring wrestler on the face of the planet.

I remember one match where he fought three nobodies, and promptly kicked all their asses... where we supposed to be impressed? I remember Chris Masters did the same thing just last week on Raw, beat down a nobody for no reason. What is the point of that? "Oh, wow, look how strong this guy is, wow"... they don't even give you the other guys name.[/QUOTE]

Mark is just there to "Squash" people. Hes just another typical big man. What was the point in taker beating him though, seriously? It makes no sense. Taker putting him over makes a lot more sense than taker just beating him. It does nothing for anyone.

Also, for the Chris masters thing, the point was to give him a match so Carlito can run down. It makes more sense than him just standing in the ring for no reason, and Carlito coming down to the ring.

[quote name='Roufuss']I remember one match where he fought three nobodies, and promptly kicked all their asses... where we supposed to be impressed? I remember Chris Masters did the same thing just last week on Raw, beat down a nobody for no reason. What is the point of that? "Oh, wow, look how strong this guy is, wow"... they don't even give you the other guys name.[/QUOTE]

What would WWE do with all the jobbers they hire if they didn't have matches like that?

[quote name='Superstar']Mark is just there to "Squash" people. Hes just another typical big man. What was the point in taker beating him though, seriously? It makes no sense. Taker putting him over makes a lot more sense than taker just beating him. It does nothing for anyone.[/QUOTE]

Why should Taker put him over? Mark Henry has no talent, he has no respect from the fans, he sucks on the mic, he will be cut as soon as his stupid 1000 year contract ends... it seems to me that WWE creative is just trying to find some reason to make use out of this big mass of nothingness.

Mark Henry isn't even your typical big man... he looks and acts liso dumb. At least they found something to do with Show and Kane (put them together), Mark Henry is just dead weight pulling the whole show down. I seriously fast forward Smackdown every time I watch it as soon as his stupid looking face is on the screen.

Wasn't he signed to a 10 year contract, and he gets paid the most out of any WWE star? I remember seeing something stupid like that. I remember when it was Angle vs Mark Henry for the WWE belt, and I knew there was no way in hell Angle would ever lose to someone like Mark Henry.

I just finished watching the Goldberg vs Kevin Nash WCW title match from Starcade and thought of something: I think the WWE, and all pro wrestling feds, could benefit from some type of ranking system. I remember reading back in the day Pro Wrestling Illustrated and going straight to the rankings page to see where everyone was. That way no flash in the pans go straight to the top on gimmicks.

Hey Roufuss

May want to edit out the "looks and acts like a big dumb gorilla," not the most appropriate way to refer to a black man.

You're a good guy, don't want to see you catching real heat for something so trivial.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why should Taker put him over? Mark Henry has no talent, he has no respect from the fans, he sucks on the mic, he will be cut as soon as his stupid 1000 year contract ends... it seems to me that WWE creative is just trying to find some reason to make use out of this big mass of nothingness.

Mark Henry isn't even your typical big man... he looks and acts like a big dumb gorilla. At least they found something to do with Show and Kane (put them together), Mark Henry is just dead weight pulling the whole show down. I seriously fast forward Smackdown every time I watch it as soon as his stupid looking face is on the screen.

Wasn't he signed to a 10 year contract, and he gets paid the most out of any WWE star? I remember seeing something stupid like that.[/QUOTE]

Taker should put him over, because thats what the older guys do to move the business along. Of course taker doesn't seem to grasp that concept. Mark has some talent. He does what he is supposed to. Any wrestler who can wrestle, and not injure the other wrestler has some form of talent. How do you know what his respect towards fans are?

Mark isn't pulling the show down. Smackdown lacked main event heels, and he went in a filled a spot. It's not his fault if they creative team has nothing else for him. Blame them, not him.

I don't know how much he is paid.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']IMO, Smackdown is far better than Raw overall.

There seems to be a really strong backlash to Rey winning the title here...while I like Kurt Angle much more, especially as champ, and I think that Rey will probably drop the belt pretty soon, I think the fact that he is champion is absolutely incredible. If Rey can do it, that opens up the door for other small guys to break into the heavyweight division, at the very least putting them in the mix for the IC and US titles. Think of some of the fantastic title defenses we can get if WWE lets some of the people Rey's size compete for the title.[/quote]

Not from me. Rey winning is a breath of fresh air. The smarkiness of the backlash against Rey is really overdone. After seeing Vince's ass a while back it's nice to see a wrestling story that I never thought would happen. This should be a feel good story about one of the good guys. People are talking about Smackdown more than they have in a LONG time and Rey winning is enough to draw me back into viewing WWE programming for the moment. The only other cruiserweight that WWE had recently that I thought could pull off a title run is Tajiri as he works really well with all types of wrestlers, but he was a serious long shot. I would have loved to have seen a Tajiri/Lesnar matchup or Tajiri/Angle matchup.

[quote name='2Fast']
You're a good guy, don't want to see you catching real heat for something so trivial.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I realized that after I posted, but since I didn't infer racial tones, I didn't think it would be a problem. I'll edit it anyways... no matter what color Mark Henry is, he'd still be shitty.

[quote name='Superstar']Taker should put him over, because thats what the older guys do to move the business along. Of course taker doesn't seem to grasp that concept. Mark has some talent. He does what he is supposed to. Any wrestler who can wrestle, and not injure the other wrestler has some form of talent. How do you know what his respect towards fans are?

Mark isn't pulling the show down. Smackdown lacked main event heels, and he went in a filled a spot. It's not his fault if they creative team has nothing else for him. Blame them, not him.

I don't know how much he is paid.[/QUOTE]

If what I'm thinking is true, and Mark Henry wasn't signed to some large contract, he would have been cut years ago and WWE never would have looked back. I do feel he brings the show down, because, imo, he really shouldn't be there. While guys like Stevie Richards stay at home, Mark Henry is on my television screen every night getting a shot at the title he dosen't deserve.

It's not just Taker who wouldn't put him over... Angle wouldn't either, and if Batista didn't get injured I'm sure he wouldn't have put Mark Henry over either. Even IF Taker put Mark Henry over, I don't see how he would have moved the business along, since the fans seem to not care about him at all.

I wouldn't call what Mark Henry does "wrestling", the man only has four moves that he seems to use over and over. Just give it time... Mark Henry will disappear soon for one reason or another, WWE will retool him AGAIN and re debut him in a year to see if he'll finally catch on with the fans.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I realized that after I posted, but since I didn't infer racial tones, I didn't think it would be a problem. I'll edit it anyways... no matter what color Mark Henry is, he'd still be shitty.[/quote]

I don't see a problem with the comment.

I think Mark Henry is actually doing pretty well considering his last major on camera role was that of a human chocolate bar. They are playing up the "World's Strongest Man" gimmick a LOT better than in the past. To each his own though.

Basically, you either have it, or you don't. If you have it, 'Taker will put you over; if not, he won't.

Mark Henry most certainly does not have it.

More fun facts on Mark Henry:

Henry gained notoriety with the nickname "Sexual Chocolate", the name taken from a fictional funk band in the movie Coming to America. After this, Mark Henry was seen on television romancing WWF women from Chyna to Mae Young as part of the gimmick. He feuded with Viscera during this time as part of a storyline where Viscera big splashed Mae Young while she was carrying Henry's child, Young would go on to give birth to a hand. Along with this, Henry was made part of various other embarrassing and infamous storylines, including performing sexual actions with a man in drag (unbeknownst to Henry at the time) the admission that he was a sex addict, and that his first sexual experience was with his sister.

[quote name='Roufuss']If what I'm thinking is true, and Mark Henry wasn't signed to some large contract, he would have been cut years ago and WWE never would have looked back. I do feel he brings the show down, because, imo, he really shouldn't be there. While guys like Stevie Richards stay at home, Mark Henry is on my television screen every night getting a shot at the title he dosen't deserve.

It's not just Taker who wouldn't put him over... Angle wouldn't either, and if Batista didn't get injured I'm sure he wouldn't have put Mark Henry over either. Even IF Taker put Mark Henry over, I don't see how he would have moved the business along, since the fans seem to not care about him at all.

I wouldn't call what Mark Henry does "wrestling", the man only has four moves that he seems to use over and over. Just give it time... Mark Henry will disappear soon for one reason or another, WWE will retool him AGAIN and re debut him in a year to see if he'll finally catch on with the fans.[/QUOTE]

Stevie Richards couldn't fit in a main event heel slot. They needed someone to take that role. Mark fit it perfectly. The whole idea was for the champion tohave someone to wrestle. What makes more sense, kurt angle vs mark, or kurt angle vs richards? I like Richards, but i'm going with Mark. Mark atleast gets heat. I'm not so sure Richards could, especially after the bwo thing.

Angle puts guys over. Batista puts guys over. I'm not saying put everyone over you wrestle, but atleast someone. I can't think of anyone taker put over, that helped push along a younger guys career. He just doesn't do it. He serves no purpose if he isn't helping the business. Hes turning into another Hogan.

Again, hes not called to be a great technical wrestler. It's not his role. He does what he is supposed to do. I'm sure he could do more, but WWE holds their wrestlers back. He probably will fade away, because guys like Batista will come back, and Kane is supposedly going to smackdown aswell. I'm sure Mark knew it wasn't a long time thing.

[quote name='2Fast']Basically, you either have it, or you don't. If you have it, 'Taker will put you over; if not, he won't.

Mark Henry most certainly does not have it.[/QUOTE]

I can't think of anyone Taker has put over in the past few years at all.

----

I'm out for the night. It is nice debating wrestling. I'll be back tomorrow. Night

Even more fun facts on Mark Henry:

During his entire 10 year stint with WWE, the man has held ONE title, which is the now defunct WWE European championship... he apparently didn't even get a clean win on that.

During a match at SummerSlam 1999 between D-Lo and Jeff Jarrett for the WWF Intercontinental Championship and WWF European Championship (both held at the time by D-Lo), Henry turned on D-Lo and helped Jarrett win the match and the titles. The next night, Henry was given the European title by Jarrett.

Ironically enough (considering the current discussions going on in this thread), the only good matches I've ever seen involving Mark Henry were his pair of wins over Rey Mysterio. Maybe with Randy gone they should revive that feud while they still have Mark around. It would definitely segue well into the return of Batista, what with him and Mysterio apparently being "best friends", and Mark being the one who took big Dave out.

Regarding the Undertaker not putting people over very often in the past few years, there really isn't anyone he could do anything for. The only three that matter -that I can think of at least- are Orton, Batista, and Cena. I will admit that 'Taker should have done the job for Orton at least one more time than he did, however. Although, Bob Orton did almost give 'Taker the hep, and Randy apparently isn't very well-liked by pretty much everyone in the locker room.

[quote name='Superstar']Stevie Richards couldn't fit in a main event heel slot. They needed someone to take that role. Mark fit it perfectly. The whole idea was for the champion tohave someone to wrestle. What makes more sense, kurt angle vs mark, or kurt angle vs richards? I like Richards, but i'm going with Mark. Mark atleast gets heat. I'm not so sure Richards could, especially after the bwo thing.

Angle puts guys over. Batista puts guys over. I'm not saying put everyone over you wrestle, but atleast someone. I can't think of anyone taker put over, that helped push along a younger guys career. He just doesn't do it. He serves no purpose if he isn't helping the business. Hes turning into another Hogan.

Again, hes not called to be a great technical wrestler. It's not his role. He does what he is supposed to do. I'm sure he could do more, but WWE holds their wrestlers back. He probably will fade away, because guys like Batista will come back, and Kane is supposedly going to smackdown aswell. I'm sure Mark knew it wasn't a long time thing.[/quote]

You know, a fella doesn't have to win the match to get put over. Hell, Jeff Hardy's shining moment in WWE was his loss to Undertaker in their Ladder Match on Raw a few years back. I truly believe the problem is the level of talent they trot the Undertaker out to work with. The turds they have him wrestle only look good in 2 minute squashes, so in 14 minute matches with the Undertaker, they only look good if they win.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']You know, a fella doesn't have to win the match to get put over. Hell, Jeff Hardy's shining moment in WWE was his loss to Undertaker in their Ladder Match on Raw a few years back. I truly believe the problem is the level of talent they trot the Undertaker out to work with. The turds they have him wrestle only look good in 2 minute squashes, so in 14 minute matches with the Undertaker, they only look good if they win.[/quote]

Can't forget what he did for Mankind in that Hell in a Cell match either.

Guyver I love your constant enthusiam, and positive remarks regardless of what is going on. The rest of this, it's getting hard to read a lot of comments with all the complaining, and arguing strictly from opinion.

These comments are exceptions of course...

[/quote]

You make a lot of good points, but one critical mistake; Eddie's death is not the "only" reason, if it was the only reason then Chavo would be the champion on SD. Eddie's death, however, is the "main" reason Rey is champion.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I can't believe ANYONE thinks that breaking the Undertaker's streak, the rub of all rubs, should have gone to Blandy Orton. Personally, with Edge undefeated at Mania as well, I think he should be the one to break the streak, and then pass it on to someone else when he gets ready to retire.[/quote]

I sure as hell don't think it should've gone to Orton. In fact, I think that it should go to no one. Let Taker leave with that at least.

As for some people saying Taker never put anyone over, ever heard of Mick Foley? The Rock? Stone Cold Steve Austin? Bret Hart? Shawn Michaels?

This, however, does fall into the aforementioned category.

[quote name='Superstar']I have seen his WCW matches. I used to watch WCW all the time. Wrestlers in japan are superior. Rey does nothing they don't do easily, and they do a lot more than he does. That could be WWE limiting his moves, but it still holds truth. Rey is nothing special, period. He does medocre cruiserweight style wrestling, and he is horrible on the mic.[/quote]

Enlighten us then, give us names, matches, youtube links... instead of that "Japanese wrestlers are the greatest wrestlers ever crap" that elitest shit doesn't belong here, take it to gamefaqs.

:wall:

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Guyver I love your constant enthusiam, and positive remarks regardless of what is going on. The rest of this, it's getting hard to read a lot of comments with all the complaining, and arguing strictly from opinion.

These comments are exceptions of course...

You make a lot of good points, but one critical mistake; Eddie's death is not the "only" reason, if it was the only reason then Chavo would be the champion on SD. Eddie's death, however, is the "main" reason Rey is champion.

I sure as hell don't think it should've gone to Orton. In fact, I think that it should go to no one. Let Taker leave with that at least.

As for some people saying Taker never put anyone over, ever heard of Mick Foley? The Rock? Stone Cold Steve Austin? Bret Hart? Shawn Michaels?

This, however, does fall into the aforementioned category.

Enlighten us then, give us names, matches, youtube links... instead of that "Japanese wrestlers are the greatest wrestlers ever crap" that elitest shit doesn't belong here, take it to gamefaqs.

:wall:[/QUOTE]

Foley, Rock, Stone cold, Bret, Michaels.. they all didnt need to be put over. They were over. I am talking abount putting younger guys over, and paving a way for their career. What does taker think he will be 85 wrestling and still squashing people?

Yeah, having an opinion is "elitest shit". You can look up japanese wrestling matches if you'd like. I don't get my shit on youtube. I never said they are the "greatest wrestlers ever". I just simply put they put Rey to shame easily.

[quote name='2Fast']Can't forget what he did for Mankind in that Hell in a Cell match either.[/QUOTE]

Oh horseshit. Taker won the match and hardly took a punch. The dumb-assity of Foley got himself over in the context of that match. By that same logic, Undertaker, Kane, and Mrs. Undertaker sure helped DDP be "made famous," especially in that cage tag team title match they had in 2001. Worse selling than fucking *Kronik*.

Though, come to think of it, Mankind did have a lot of wins over Undertaker prior to HitC, so maybe you're just mixing up things.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Enlighten us then, give us names, matches, youtube links... instead of that "Japanese wrestlers are the greatest wrestlers ever crap" that elitest shit doesn't belong here, take it to gamefaqs.

:wall:[/QUOTE]

Since you want enlightened I'll give you one off the top of my head, look up any Dick Togo match.

Man. I've been watching IWGP matches with Brock Lesnar on youtube. He has awesome matches over there. I really, really hope he never goes back to the WWE.

[quote name='guyver2077']well i for one thought taker should have put ddp over when he came to wwe[/QUOTE]

I think DDP had his time in the spotlight. What with all the Karl Malone/Jay Leno/David Arquette time he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back